Chased by Life and Death

By Lillian2Gwen

"She is a monster.", they said. Well, they are not wrong. I'm not a normal monster like the others from the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
The End
Authors Note

Chapter 36

25 5 0
By Lillian2Gwen

 Monica

The sweet aroma of the brownies surrounded the whole kitchen, and I licked my lips. Logan chuckled. "There are not made for you, you know that, right?"

"I know." I giggled.

The rest of the guys were in the living room doing their homework, while Logan and I were preparing brownies for Edward's birthday. He was a close friend of Tristan's dad, and I had met him a few times.

I took the container in my hands, waiting for the brownies to get cold. "He will love them."

"It's his favorite." Logan agreed. After some minutes, he asked, "How are you feeling?"

I turned to him. "Fine, I guess." He eyed me and I thought of something funny and added, "Now that I have all of you, assholes."

He smiled. Then for a second, something flashed in his eyes and he turned to the door. "The principal wants us for something. We are going, and then we are going to come back. Blake will stay with you."

Something stabbed me inside my stomach. "Is everything alright?"

He smiled at me. "Yes, don't worry about it." He headed out, and I called, "Hurry back to surprise Edward."

I turned to the brownies. After three minutes, the door closed and Blake came inside.

"Damn, they smell good." He licked his lip piercing. My gaze shot there and I blushed.

"Thank you."

A long pause passed without talking, and I shifted from one foot to another.

"How are things with Emma?" Jealousy didn't suit me. He hesitated.

"To tell you the truth, I'm not sure. Mostly I'm confused."

"Why?" I pushed.

"I don't know if I like her anymore."

"Why is that? Did she do anything?" I asked.

His eyes glittered as he looked at me, and I shivered. "I think I like someone else." My eyes grew wider and my breathing became faster. We stared at each other for a long time without talking. Something forced me to walk in front of him and take his face, and smash my lips against his.

But I didn't do it. It wasn't the time. Something was off.

I turned and started putting the brownies inside the container. I close it and I headed out of the kitchen while Blake's eyes trailed over me.

Likewise, I went to the door. "Where are you going? The guys will come back at any moment." Blake asked me as he came behind me. His warmth was calling me to him, but I shook my head.

I closed my eyes and with my powers, I search where the guys were. My eyes flew open as I visioned them in the woods. Why they were there? I opened the door.

"We are going to them."

"Ok." He only said, and he followed me outside the building and into the woods.

"You know" he started, and I turned to him.

"From the first time I saw you at school, I think I liked you since then. You had these green eyes that reminded me of the woods and nature. Something draws me to you, and it still does."

"I- I- You-" I staggered, but he cut me with a smile.

"Don't worry. We are going to find a solution to all this, I will be by your side."

I was so stunned by what he had said. Something like happiness danced inside my belly and I smile. I was so happy.

I tip the toy to Blake and kissed him on his cheek. He blushed.

"What was that for?"

"Nothing."

We walked more into the woods. I stilled as a new sense came to me. I looked around with my power, only to find the guy's sense with others. Among them was a familiar sense, and I cursed. Blake turned to me.

I signed. "I said to them not to tell him about the surprise."

"Who?" He asked.

"The guys are with Edward and Mr Aaron. If they told him about the surprise, I will kick their asses."

He laughed. "I don't think so." He only said.

We were close, and I started running through the woods until I came into a clearing. The guys were ahead of me around a circle with their backs to me. They were talking, and Edwards and Mr. Aaron's senses became more tense. They hadn't seen me yet, and I continued forward.

"Hey! I think you have kept your promise." I said. They turned fast with their eyes wide in fear.

"I brought the brownies." Blake was beside me but they still didn't talk.

Something moved behind them to the ground.

"Monica..." Logan moved forward while the others took a step forward.

I stopped as I caught blood on some of their hands and onto the body. I stopped moving.

The container fell to the ground with a loud thud, and the brownies sprawled on the grass. The realization hit me and a pain shot through my heart.

No.

My feet moved forward while Blake called my name. I didn't listen. Tristan and Micah grabbed me by the arms and try to drag me back. I pushed them hard out of my way.

The others shoot forward, but I passed them and ran towards the body on the ground. I fell on my knees and I turned Edwards's body towards me.

His feet were broken in a twisted way, his blue eyes were bloodshed looking at nowhere while cuts and bruises were on his skin. A long slash was from his neck to his stomach. Blood was pouring from the long cut.

A sob left my mouth.

I shook him slightly. He didn't move.

I laughed. "Hey Edward, wake up."

I shook again. The world had blurred around me and tears ran down my cheeks.

"I br-brought you y-your favorite c-chocolate brownies'."

Someone was talking to me and a pair of hands were on my shoulders. I shrugged them off. A piece of me had left me.

I shook harder as more sobs came out of me. "C-Cut the prank, E-Edward. I-It's not funny."

I sobbed harder.

I shook again. NO.

And again.

My heart started to beat faster and faster until I couldn't breathe. I started to panic.

These eyes.

Blood.

NO.

NO.

NO.

"YOU PROMISED YOU WON'T LEAVE ME!" I shouted. Pain shot to every part of my body as it started to heat. Hands caught me.

"IT'S A PROMISE. PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BREAK THEIR PROMISES!" I screamed.

"YOU PROMISED NOT TO LEAVE ME ALONE AGAIN!"

"RAN!" Someone shouted as I lifted my fist and smashed it to the ground. The ground shook violently, and the trees caught on fire. Screams erupted.

I screamed again in pain. The body in front of me became a blur and gestured my hands around me.

"STOP MONICA!" I heard someone shouting at me.

A part of me wanted to stop the chaos. Another one wanted to destroy everything. I tried to calm down but in no veil.

My black veins and black nails appeared on my body and  I screamed again. I took a step forward when something caught me on my neck. I stopped.

Another came to the other side of my neck. I dropped to the ground and my hand caught the needle with the elixir inside.

My nails and veins disappeared along with the fire. When my eyes became clearer from tears, I looked around.

The trees were burned, and the guys were forty feet ahead of me. In Noah's hands was a gun with needles. I turned back. On the other side was the council. In Jackson's hand was a gun.

I dropped my head and stared at my hands. I sensed the guys as they took a few steps forward.

"You stupid girl, you lost control again," Caiden shouted to me.

"I'm so sorry," I murmured.

He laughed. "I was so sure you would lose it on your buddy's anniversary. I still think about how he and these guys keep themselves around you. A monster. Your friend was a fool."

I started to shiver. I slowly stood on shaky legs and now the guys were to my right and the council was left of me.

"Don't talk about him. Ever." Tristan growled.

"Monica is not a monster," Blake stated confidently.

Caiden threw his head back and laughed. He turned to me.

"You haven't told them yet?"

My eyes flew open in horror. "No," I whispered for him to stop talking.

He turned to them and pointed an accusing finger at me. He laughed bitterly. "This girl you think is not a monster is the most dangerous monster and liar."

"Please..." I said.

"This is bullshit," Luke spoke.

Caiden shouted with rage in his voice, "This fucking girl killed her own best friend!"

My breath caught, and I think my blood stopped running through my veins. Everyone had fallen silent.

"She killed her friend and lover."

"No," I said, shaking my head. My eyeballs were spinning like I was a broken robot.

"I think she didn't tell you how she killed Ethan, right?"

Please. Stop.

"She broke his spine."

NO.

"I-I didn't k-kill h-him."

My body started to shake violently and tears blurred my view.

"N-No. I-It was a-an accident." My head shoots to the guys. All of them, except Tristan, Noah, and Logan, were looking at me in horror.

I took a step back.

"N-NO. I didn't kill him." I brought my hands to my head and shook them violently.

"It w-was an accident." I took more steps back.

"Monica..." Noah said.

My veins and nails came back, and slowly the earth shook. A cold breeze passed through.

"Yes. Admit it for once you fool child. You are a fucking monster." Caiden spoke loud.

"Dad!" Jackson warned.

No.

Screams.

Blood.

Ethan trying to calm me down.

A gust of air.

The horrible sound of broken bones.

The life leaving his beautiful eyes.

"I DIDN'T KILL HIM! IT WASN'T ME! IT WASN'T ME!" I shouted.

I opened my gates and let the pain and the sorrow out.

A burst of power shot from me around me. I screamed in pain. My eyes caught the eyes of the guys, begging them to put an end to this.

Begging to put an end to me.

The monster I was.

I only saw the horror and the fear, the concern and the worry in their eyes before I lost myself to the monster. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 53.8K 51
As a result of the tragic death of her father; Heaven Foster's life has mouldered into a exasperating cycle of moving from one home to another. Con...
18.3K 284 43
Four good girls looking for no trouble , get involved with four mischievous boys full of havoc finding interest in these girls as well as corrupting...
99 13 6
It's always that simple like this time. My drunkard voice let it out, "We can't be friends, junior..." I don't know why did I say something LIKE that...
1.1K 15 16
Hi guysss welcome to ms. Werewolf's human mate. I hope you like it and this is all english not gonna make the same mistake again sooo if you dont kno...