She Who Has Received The Roar...

By readiliketo

-{She who has received the roar, shall bring Magic to all where there was none before. }- Amy is whisked alon... More

1 ~ Edmund, Is it?
2 ~ What is this place?
3 ~ Welcome to Narnia
4 ~ The prophecy
5 ~ What Horn?
6 ~ An odd coincidence
7 ~ A Distraction
8 ~ Tossing and Turning
9 ~ Lucy's Dream
10 ~ His sweet embrace
A/N: Can you help me decide?
11 ~ I have the Roar.
12 ~ A Perfect Moment
13 ~ The Night Raid Part 1
14 ~ The Night Raid Part 2
15 ~ A mysterious dream
16 ~ White Witch
17 ~ A Beautiful View
18 ~ The plan
20~ Tactics
21 ~ Lion hunters

19~ They lurk in the shadows

123 3 5
By readiliketo

We continued to track down wild narnians and i successfully awoke many bears, lots of cheetahs and tigers, a few eagles, and quite a significant amount of wolves and deer.

By the end of the afternoon our odds at winning were looking stronger and stronger.

We had told each narnian to make their way to the stone table and prepare for battle. So as our mission drew to a close we too went back to the mound.

"I knew you could do it!" Peter said riding beside me.

There hadn't really been much opportunity for talking earlier as we all wanted to save time.

I furrowed my brows "well I was sort of forced into a do or die moment" I recalled when peter had halted Susan's arrow. Most of me was glad with his decision as it resulted in me learning more about my powers, and it meant Samantha got to live of course. But a microscopic corner of my mind was a bit annoyed, after all he did put my life on the line. "But I'm grateful for your decision, narnia stands a better chance because of you"

Peter nodded, then a look came about him. He looked in deep thought. He was pondering his next words very very carefully. "The truth is Amy,"

I nodded, anticipating the information.
He took a breath, opened his mouth, closed it, opened it again and then continued.
"I just couldn't get the prophecy, your prophecy, off my mind. Partly the later end."

'Bring Magic to Narnia where there was none before.' I recited, starting to put the prices together.

"Exactly!" Peter responded. " It must be why your here, to make fill Narnia with the magic it had long ago. That's why I stopped Susan's arrow, I knew that you could do it."

"That it's what I'm meant to do." I continued. Peter smiled sweetly thankful I understood. He then begun to tell me how Edmund had tried to tackle him earlier when he had stopped Susan.

I couldn't stop laughing. So much so that Edmund glanced back to us and furrowed his brow. He slowed his horse and kept pace with us.

"What are you two laughing at?"

"How can you always tell when it's about you?!" Peter snickered.

Edmund shook his head "why am I not surprised." Paused then said "well I know it was about me now so you've simply got to tell me."

He looked at me with eyes I could not refuse, so with a sigh I caved. "Apparently you got a bit upset with poor Peter here earlier."

I could hear Peter fighting the laugh that was desperately pushing its way out of his mouth. It made me chuckle. Edmund pulled a sarcastic face, although I could see right through it, he was trying not to laugh as well. He looked away from me and peter shaking his head with a smile.

Suddenly Peter whispered six words that painted a massive gleeful smile upon my face.

"He really likes you, you know"

Edmund turned back around swiftly "what was that?" He almost hissed.

"Nothing" peter responded with a voice crack that made it look even more suspicious.

Me and Edmund laughed at this. And peter just mumbled "I hate puberty"

___

After a few more minutes of riding Caspian let out a bellow that bounced off the branches "WE'RE ALMOST BACK, WATCH OUT FOR TELMARINES, THEY LURK IN THE SHADOWS."

Shudders slithered down my spine. A ball of dread sunk to the bottom of my stomach, I had that same awful feeling as the night of the raid. Peeking at the others I could ll they did too as not another word was spoken, eyes darted around, scanned dim bushes and shaded groves. Knuckles whitened as they gripped reigns in anticipation. And cold sweat began to drip from all of our foreheads. As we grew closer to the mound, the Lucious forest thinned, and we somehow seemed farther from safety.

Guided only by the sound of rustling leaves and Caspian's gestures we made it safely back to our base, back to the mound. Where our now much larger army was suiting up.

After dismounting we were guided by a fox to another dimly lit, damp room . All of us becoming more aware of what lay ahead.

Placed on stands glistening in the torchlight, our armour awaited our arrival. Gold lions were embroidered somewhere on all garments whether it be in the centre of the chest or a patch on an arm. It was a reminder of Aslan, a reminder to have faith. To have hope.

Placed with each set of armour was a roughly scribbled note most likely written by a fawn, kind and loyal creatures but not the best at spelling. The untidy pieces of parchment read the name of whom the suit was meant for.

"HAH!" Peter seemed utterly uplifted as he read aloud a scribbled name " His majesty 'pine caspin' 's suit awaits him.." and he gestured grandly to the shiny garment.

Half hearted giggles rang through the stagnant air. Everyone was nervous, to different extents. But I think we all appreciated Peters smile.

" 'King Edmard' " he walked down the table trying to make us all feel a bit lighter "more like King Ed- mardy!"

Susan laughed above all of our slightly more cheery giggles. She must have found Peter's joke hilarious as she covered her mouth and looked at Edmund unable to contain her laughter. Edmund just shrugged as if used to it. Which made it funnier. He walked over to peters armour and snickering read aloud "Hi King petar" accentuating the misspelled name.

We all giggled and proceeded to find our own suits.

My suit was placed in between lucy and Susan's, however the note didn't read a morphed version of my name, but a phrase I had never seen before.

'spes nova'

Is that what the Narnians referred to me as? Some foreign sounding words?

My actions halted as I thought, maybe it's an ancient language, maybe the others would recognise this strange tounge...

"Hey guys, does Narnia have like two national languages or something?"

"No not at the moment." Caspian replied. "Although I can't speak for the Narnians, just the Telmarines." He let out in an awkward sigh.

"There wasn't when we ruled either." Susan answered with a shrug.

"Why?" Edmund questioned my sudden interest?

"My name tag, " I attempted to pronounce the unfamiliar words "it's says 'spes nova' ?"

The room was silent for a moment while the others tried to rack their memory for any explanation, when suddenly a short and wide figure emerged from a dim corner behind Caspian. It placed a sturdy stick beside it as it took a step forward, warm torchlight flooded its face, eliminating each wise wrinkle and reflecting of the neatly combed back silver hair atop its head.

"Professor." Caspian said "I had no idea you were there"

His eyes twinkled marvellously and quickly flashed over me before returning to Caspian. "I fell asleep there earlier" he replied and shrugged it off, then pranced over to me giving me a wink before abruptly stopping over my armour.

The others slowly formed a wall behind me, watching.

"spes nova, spes nova, spes nova" he muttered to himself on repeat like he was flicking through files in his mind.
"Ah!" He said pointing a ginger perfectly upright in the air.
"spes nova, Latin. For... " he paused again then nodded "new hope."

"Thankyou" I said astounded at his seemingly vast knowledge and partly confused by his odd mannerisms.

"Its really no worry dear..." He mumbled, before winking at me once again, and then I think he said "you take care of yourselves now" Before waddling out of the room leaning entirely on his walking stick.

Once he was gone lucy reflected for a second and with a smile that showed no bad intent said "what a peculiar little man."

"Yep, that's the professor alright."

We all smiled at Caspian. Not completely sure of what to say, but grateful none the less for the translation.

'New hope' is that really what they're calling me? I wondered as the others walked back over to their armour.

Me Susan and lucy took our garments into a smaller side room to change, while the three boys stayed in the first room.

The armour was extremely heavy but incredibly gorgeous. Chainmail draped from my shoulders and my waist, it hung above a deep red stained leather that clung tightly to my skin, but still allowed for speedy movement. The cool silver chest plate was unmoving, a solid barrier of protection. Placed over the chest plate was the same thick red fabric as the others, it held the Narnian crest.
----

"Amy do you want me to put up your hair?" Susan asked kindly.

"She's really good!" Lucy sort of squealed and pointed to her own head of hair that was now miraculously plaited.

"Okay!" I nodded and walked over to Susan sitting in front of her skilled hands. "thanks."

She began tugging at different sections of my hair, pulling them over each other again and again.

"sorry if this hurts a bit, its got to be tight or it will just fall out" she said through an apologetic tone, still tugging harshly at my hair.

I clocked lucy nod at Susan as if prompting her to speak, before I had time to ponder how odd this was Susan, due Lucy's command asked me a question that made my cheeks burn pink and the sides of my mouth upturn in a muted smile.

"So, um" she began "you and Edmund get along quite well."

My eyes widened. Unaware of what to reply with. on one hand I wanted to tell them everything they were dear friends and keeping all this gossip to myself had been a struggle, but I was unaware of how they would react if I told them I had kissed him, I mean he was there brother after all. Me and Edmund had not even discussed what we were to say to the others when they inevitably asked why we had become so close. But, I figured honesty is the best policy. Right?

"yeah, we have gotten quite close" I began. Quite close indeed, I thought back to our moment earlier today, chests touching, fingers interlocked, lips pecking.

"that's one way to put it" Lucy giggled as if she could see straight through me. My cheeks must have glowed like red hot embers for she nodded and with a point said "You like each other don't you!" Susan chortled. "just like Susan likes Caspian!!"

Susan gasped "Lucy! if I wasn't currently intertwined in Amy's hair I would get up and attack you, chuck you right back to Finchley!"

I laughed "to be honest, Susan I have noticed how he looks at you, you two would look cute together."

"Hey your supposed to be on my side!" she playfully tugged at my hair, and we all laughed for a moment.

Once lucy had caught her breath she asked again this time at both of us "So do you like him?"

Unsure of who exactly she was talking to me and Susan simultaneously answered

"yeah, I do your brothers really sweet." and "I mean I suppose I do, yes"

"Aha!" lucy squealed and clapped her hands "But also... EW!"

"its just human nature Lu" Susan replied sarcastically obviously mocking someone, inside joke I figured.

"but liking leads to icky stuff like holding hands, dates and worse... kissing." she paused her face shrivelled up in an appalled manner, "you haven't kissed him have you?!" again asking both of us.

"No! of course not and Lu keep your voice down they are just next door!!" Susan answered immediately.

I kept silent unsure of what to respond. but apparently my silence was response enough...

"EW EW EW EW" Lucy squealed half laughing hysterically half completely repulsed, she ran out the door shaking her hands as if to rid them of dirt.

"she's being dramatic" Susan spoke before I could get a word out. "I'm just glad Edmunds found someone so lovely, kind and beautiful." and with that she finished my plait.

"thankyou Susan, oh- and thankyou for the braid." I smiled.

"wait, does he really look at me a certain way?!" Susan asked as I stood up.

After telling Susan what I had observed we made our way out of the room where we changed and met up with the boys. Susan and I both let out a giggle recalling our previous conversation knowing that we would all keep it a secret.

Just then Trumpkin entered the room with Reepicheep. "Your majesties, It is time. if you will the centaur commanders are awaiting your presences and wisdom in the planning room."

everyone began to leave, and as I stepped forward I felt a cool hand tug me gently back into a tall frame. I relaxed there for a moment, my shoulders felt like they fit perfectly upon him, I could feel his chest inflating with his breath, it was a fleeting moment of utter bliss.

"hey" he said in an unusually lower tone that wiped all thoughts of 'were going to be late' from my head.

"hi" I smiled releasing myself from comfort to turn around to face him.

"so uh- while we were waiting for you guys to finish getting ready, I kind of... sort of, might have told the guys about us..." he looked genuinely panicked, his eyes were wide awaiting a response from me. I decided to have some fun with this.

"what?!" I untruthfully exclaimed, actually giddy hearing him say 'us' like that.

He sighed and avoided my gaze.

I laughed "what exactly did you say, I mean I only told Susan and lucy that we kisse-"

My speech was interrupted by a familiar and welcome sensation. Warm, tender loving lips. He smirked my favourite crooked smirk as he kissed me and hugged my waist, fondly pulling me closer, closer. As we took a breath he laughed, "why do you enjoy messing with me like that"

"If this is what I get in return, ill do it on a daily basis" I leaned back in, wanting more. my heart fluttered as his hand made its way onto my face, he traced circles with his thumb gently on my cheek, leaned down and planted a tender vulnerable kiss on my forehead, and through a pained groan pulled away from me.

"we should catch up with them"

I nodded, missing his closeness already.

----

After awkwardly walking into the room late, hand in hand, and receiving a knowing yet amused look from both Susan and Lucy, Peter filled us in on ideas.

A/N: IM SO SO SORRY FOR THE INACTIVITY! I'm not sure how to end it!! currently debating a few ideas but I really wanted another romantic moment before the battle so hope you enjoyed please vote its free and really helps me out! please comment if you liked it I love hearing feedback and anyways you guys think I could improve! love you all! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 64 11
In which June Byrne, a regular girl from Finchley, a friend of the Pevensies, ends up going to Narnia. But she was not a part of their prophecy. Well...
81.1K 1.6K 30
π‘Œπ‘œπ‘’ π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’ 𝑗𝑒𝑠𝑑 π‘‘π‘œπ‘œ 𝑐𝑒𝑑𝑒 π‘€β„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ π‘Žπ‘π‘œπ‘™π‘œπ‘”π‘–π‘§π‘’... π‘Šπ‘Žπ‘–π‘‘ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ π‘—π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘˜ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘€π‘Žπ‘ π‘›'𝑑 𝑓𝑒𝑛𝑛𝑦! It has been eigh...
5.4K 157 16
[TW: Language, Gore] [Word Count: 26,540] Taking haven from the bombs in London, you meet the Pevensie siblings and foll...
213K 6.7K 20
𝐓𝐇𝐄 π…πˆπ‘π„π’πŽππ† π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’ - 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 πŽππ„ ❝ "You know, you seemed a lot nicer before you started training us." "We don't have time for...