Homesick | Charles Leclerc

By tonysnarky

❝Falling for him wasn't falling at all. It was walking into a house and suddenly knowing you're home.❞ In whi... More

HOMESICK
Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37.
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
Epilogue
Bonus: Archie Leclerc
Bonus: Aurelie Leclerc

20

5.2K 109 5
By tonysnarky

The first race back at Silverstone was an electrifying event, and the media was abuzz with excitement as the F1 paddock filled up with teams and fans alike. Among the crowd, a familiar face caught everyone's attention – Alexandra Heroux, hand in hand with Charles Leclerc, walked through the paddock with an air of confidence and grace.

The cameras surrounded them almost immediately, eager to capture the moment, but Lexi and Charles kept walking, undeterred by the spotlight. Their smiles were genuine, and they seemed to have perfected the art of ignoring the noise around them over the summer break. 

Inside, however, Lexi's emotions were swirling like a storm. She'd spent the past two months avoiding the spotlight, seeking solace in privacy as she tried to move on from the difficulties she'd faced in the past four months. Holding onto Charles' hand tightly, she worried she might hurt him. However, Charles was unfazed, basking in the joy of having his friends and girlfriend by his side, and excited for the season to restart. He was proud of Alexandra, and after a difficult start to the Summer Break with a new blog post being released, he was happy she'd allowed her friends to help her through it. 

After Max had discovered the blog post that night in the restaurant, the drivers quickly sat down, making arrangements for the summer. Alexandra sat in the corner, tucked into a small ball on her chair as she cried, both from the shock of her father's tweets, to the anger she held toward the blog that kept ruining her life. 

As Charles had tried to console her, the others had come up with a simple plan: help her. Immediately the suggestion was thrown that they should spend the break together (for the most part, at least) and that they could all use some time to bond away from the track. 

Carlos had quickly suggested the idea of hiring out somewhere in the mountains of Greece, and it didn't take long for everyone to agree. For the first two weeks, Alexandra barely ate, slept and talked. She would sit like a ghost around her friends, an empty shell of the person she used to be. 

Slowly, and with Charles' help, she began to eat, little by little, and would go on little walks along the beach when it was dark, and she knew there were no cameras around to see her. While the drivers all spent time around their loved ones too, there was a group that stayed by her side consistently through the break. 

Lewis, Lando, Daniel, Max, Charles, George, and Carlos were with her every step of the way, with Max even going as far as flying Kelly and her daughter out to Greece so he could spend time with them, without leaving Lexi's side. As the break went on, Florence had the idea to hire a boat and spend the last two weeks sailing across Europe. 

It was a well-loved idea, and it gave them each an opportunity to spend a few days with their own families. Toto and his family met them in Croatia for a weekend, and he was shocked to see the difference in the girl since the last he'd seen her. 

Before the break, she looked like she was ready to collapse from exhaustion at any moment, tired and frail as she walked around the paddock with no energy. And in Croatia...well, she was back to pretty much her old self, with one exception: she seemed happier. 

Spending the summer with her friends meant that she could continue training for her return to the Paddock, her strength and weight now exactly where she needed to be to race when the season restarted. Thanks to her friend's countless hours of support, finally, Alexandra felt like she would be okay again. 

She felt like she was alive. 

Through the summer, where they'd hiked, swam, and played on the beaches, where they'd spent nights cooking dinner for each other and going to concerts and festivals, and spent hours lazing by the beach or on the boat - there was one thing that helped Lexi more than the rest.

Spending her nights with Charles. 

He'd begun teaching her piano, playing melodies for her as she watched, sometimes finding the courage to join in. They'd go for walks at sunset, or stay up for hours talking about everything and nothing on their balcony, with a bottle of wine and drunken smiles. 

He'd become her savior in more ways than she could count, and although she hadn't said it yet, she knew she was falling in love with him more and more every day. He'd respected her wishes to not put a label on anything though, and it wasn't until three days before they arrived at Silverstone she'd finally plucked up the courage to ask him on a date, so she could tell him she was ready to spend the rest of her life with him. 

When she'd told her friends she wanted to surprise him, Daniel looked as though he was close to tears. As much as Lexi had been silently suffering, it turns out, so had Charles. They'd never seen him look as happy as he had over the summer break, and filled with such motivation to return, confident he could win. 

As they strolled to the Mercedes garage, cameras flashing in their faces, neither regretted the past two months of their lives. In fact, they were grateful for them. 

"Alex!" a familiar voice shouted, as someone came barrelling out of the Mercedes garage and into her arms, hugging her with a laugh. 

"Bono!" she greeted back, a grin on her face. As the cameras were pushed away by stewards, the Mercedes engineers gathered around, all excited to see the actress back in the Paddock. 

"Lexi, it's so good to have you back! We missed you," he declared with a wide grin.

Lexi returned the smile, feeling the warmth of her friends and the Mercedes team. The sense of camaraderie enveloped her, making her feel at home again. "Thank you, Bono. It's good to be back," she replied with genuine appreciation. "How was your summer?"

"Not as good as yours, Lexi," Bono laughed. "I've seen all the pictures the drivers have been posting - I'm very upset I wasn't invited." he playfully jabbed her. 

"Next time Bono, next time." she grinned. 

"Why is there a Ferrari driver in my garage?" Toto's voice exclaimed although Alexandra could already detect the teasing in his tone as Charles moved towards the Mercedes Principal, a smirk on his face as they high-fived. 

"Just dropping her off to you," Charles smiled. "I want her back to me in one piece though Toto, okay?" Toto raised an eyebrow at Charles. "Oh, she's told me all about your plans." Charles waggled his eyebrows mischievously, and Toto turned to Lexi with a look of betrayal, just as Charles wrapped his hands around her waist and pulled her in for a kiss. 

"Good luck today," he whispered, before swiftly leaving the garage.

Immediately, Toto turned to Alexandra. "You told him about the car?" he asked. 

"I did," Lexi smirked. "Just him, though. I still want it to be a surprise for everyone else." she smiled at Toto before walking towards him and hugging him tightly. Without his support over the past year, she definitely wouldn't be where she was now. They both knew it. 

"Well, It's good to have you back." he chuckled. "But I don't tolerate Ferrari drivers in my garage." 

"Please?"

"No."

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

LexiHeroux added a new photo to her story.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

❤️ by CharlesLeclerc, CarlosSainz, TomHolland and 18m others

@LexiHeroux: "Family isn't always blood. It's the people in your life who want you in theirs. The ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile, and who love you, no matter what."

To my family: Thank you for the past two months. I love you.

____________

CharlesLeclerc: ❤️

____________

GeorgeRussell: ❤️

____________

CarlosSainz: ❤️

____________

MaxVerstappen: ❤️

____________

LandoNorris: ❤️

____________

DanielRicciardo: ❤️

____________

SebastianVettel: Proud of you ❤️

____________

PierreGasly: ❤️
____________

LewisHamilton: You've got the best family in the world ❤️

↪️ ValtteriBottas: Yes she does ❤️

____________

TotoWolff: 🩵 (It's blue, for Mercedes)

____________

TomHolland: Incredibly proud of you

____________

BlakeLively: we love you

↪️ RyanReynolds: so much ❤️

____________

EstebanOcon: ❤️

____________

RobertDowneyJr: Sending you a lot of love little lady ❤️

____________

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Lexi's heart pounded in her chest as she sat P5 at the starting line for the stunt race, her grip on the steering wheel tight with anticipation. Over the radio, Toto's voice crackled through the speakers, offering her words of encouragement and an enticing challenge that made her nerves intensify.

"Good luck! Remember, if you finish above 8th place, you can have Lewis' seat next year," Toto's voice echoed in her ears, his words fueling both excitement and pressure as she bit back a laugh at his joke.

She swallowed hard, her mind racing with the stakes at hand. "Thanks, Toto," she managed to respond, her voice wavering slightly, "What if I make it to the top 3?"

Toto chuckled, his tone playful yet hinting at the seriousness of the situation. "Alexandra, if you get a Podium, you can have my stakes in Mercedes," he replied.

Her laughter mixed with a nervous giggle, but the tension in her stomach only grew as the lights above her started to flash red one by one. Each light felt like a ticking time bomb, counting down the seconds until the race would explode into action.

"Five..." she whispered to herself, her eyes locked on the first red light.

Her heart seemed to beat faster with every passing second as the countdown continued. "Four..." she murmured, her focus narrowing to the second light.

With the third light, her breaths quickened, and her mind raced through the strategy she had planned for the race. "Three..." she muttered, her eyes darting to the next light.

The tension in the air was palpable as the seconds ticked away. "Two..." she said, her fingers tightening around the steering wheel.

Now, with the last light flashing red, her heart seemed to stop for a moment. "One..." she whispered, her eyes locked onto the final light.

With a surge of adrenaline, everything else faded away. The roar of the engine, the sound of the crowd, the pressure of the challenge - it all dissolved into a singular focus. Lexi closed her eyes for a split second, shutting out the world around her, and when she opened them again, there was only the feeling of the car's engine beneath her and the sound of her own heart beating in her chest.

As the lights went out, the race began, and Lexi's mind was clear. The world seemed to blur around her as she unleashed her skill and determination on the track. She moved with precision and intensity, navigating each turn with fierce determination, the weight of the challenge pushing her to give it her all.

With adrenaline pumping through her veins, Lexi focused on each turn and corner of the iconic Silverstone track. As she made it to the first corner in P5, she felt a surge of determination to climb even higher. George Russell was her next target, and with calculated precision, she managed to overtake him, seizing P4.

In her ear, the voices of her race engineer, Paddy, and Toto cheered her on, encouraging her with each passing moment. Paddy's voice was a constant source of support, guiding her through the race. "Great move, Lexi! Keep going! How are you doing?" he asked.

Taking a deep breath to steady herself, she replied, "I'm doing well, Paddy. Let's do this!" She was fully in the zone, pushing her skills to the limit, and nothing else mattered.

Paddy informed her that Sebastian Vettel was closing in, just 0.3 seconds behind, and they were entering a DRS zone. Alexandra chose to ignore the radio, her focus fixed solely on the challenge ahead.

As the race progressed, Sebastian made his move to overtake Lexi. But she wasn't going down without a fight. With fierce determination, she executed a defensive move, blocking his attempt at the last second, determined to hold her position.

Paddy's voice came through again, urging her to 'mode push.' Lexi knew what that meant – she needed to give everything she had. She pushed the car to its limits, her eyes set on the podium.

Minutes later, Paddy's voice rang in her ear once more, alerting her to the challenging situation behind her. Leclerc, Sainz, and Norris were now right on her tail, just a second away, with Bottas leading the charge ahead.

Alexandra's heart pounded as she faced the intense competition behind her. She could hear her heartbeat in her ears, but she remained focused and determined, refusing to let the pressure break her stride.

With every turn and straightaway, she worked tirelessly, navigating the track with skill and precision. The Silverstone circuit, with its iconic twists and turns, demanded her full attention and expertise.

With her eyes fixed on Valtteri Bottas, Lexi could feel the anticipation building within her. Paddy's voice came through, informing her that her DRS would be enabled in a few turns, providing her with the boost she needed to make her move.

She chose to bide her time, inching closer to Bottas as the corners flew by. However, just as she was preparing to seize her opportunity, a flash of red caught her eye. It was Charles, skillfully maneuvering his Ferrari past both her and Bottas, taking over the battle at the front.

As the two fierce competitors fought for position ahead, Lexi recognized the opportunity she had been waiting for. With her DRS now activated, she decided to use the slipstream to her advantage, closing in on both Charles and Bottas with precision.

The adrenaline surged through her as she calculated her move. She had to time it perfectly, finding just the right moment to dart past Bottas and secure her place on the podium.

In that crucial moment, she put her trust in her instincts and the countless hours of practice on the track. She executed the maneuver flawlessly, slipping into the small gap between Charles and Bottas.

It was a heart-stopping moment as she managed to pull off the daring pass. Bottas reacted quickly, narrowly avoiding a collision. The crowd gasped, and her team held their breath, but Lexi remained composed, focused solely on the race ahead.

In the blink of an eye, Lexi found herself in third place, just behind Charles. The thrill of the intense battle was undeniable, and her heart raced as she now faced a new challenge – holding onto her hard-earned position.

The Silverstone circuit seemed to blur around her as she navigated each turn with skill and determination. The cheers of the crowd, the roar of the engines, and the intense competition around her all faded into the background.

All that mattered at that moment was the race – the pursuit of victory, the drive to be the best, and the determination to show the world what she was capable of. With every ounce of her being, she pushed forward, her eyes locked on the road ahead, ready to face whatever came her way.

"Where's Lewis?" she asked Paddy over the radio. 

"Currently P8, He had to replace his front wing after a small collision with Verstappen."

"Who's P1?"

"Verstappen." 

With each passing lap, the tension on the track intensified as Lexi and Bottas engaged in a fierce battle for third place. Near misses and daring maneuvers were the norm as they pushed their cars to the limits, neither willing to back down.

As the adrenaline coursed through her veins, Lexi heard Paddy's voice on the radio. He informed her that Lewis was hot on their heels, eager to join the fight for the podium. "Hamilton 0.7 seconds behind."

But then came the unexpected message that stirred her memories, "Alexandra, Lewis wants us to tell you: Remember Sao Paulo in 2015."

In an instant, Lexi's mind flashed back to that iconic race, where Lewis had masterfully double-bluffed Nico Rosberg, securing a memorable victory. With a grin spreading across her face, Lexi felt a surge of determination and inspiration.

In the final moments of the race, she decided to employ the same strategy. As they approached the last few turns, she made a calculated move, creating a double bluff that seemed to catch Bottas off guard.

The tension in the air was palpable as they raced side by side, each pushing the boundaries of their skills. With nerves of steel and unwavering focus, Lexi executed the maneuver flawlessly, slipping past Bottas just in time to enter the final straight in third place.

The roar of the engines and the cheers of the crowd seemed to merge into a symphony of triumph as Lexi held her position, her heart pounding with exhilaration. The satisfaction of outsmarting her competitor was indescribable.

As she crossed the finish line, the realization of her achievement washed over her. She had fought fiercely, demonstrating her prowess as a driver and proving her worth on the track.

Not bad for a stunt driver. She thought. 

Lexi's return to the Mercedes garage had been nothing short of spectacular, a testament to her resilience and determination. As she stepped out of the car, she was greeted with cheers from her team and friends, celebrating her incredible performance.

Toto practically ran towards her, lifting her into the air with a cheer. As he put her back down, his face turned serious, and he pointed a finger at her accusingly. 

"I was only joking about giving you my Mercedes shares, you know." 

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

LexiHeroux added a new photo to her story

I'm back, Bitches 😎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 24.9K 59
Helena Petrovic, Serbian tennis player with the title of being number 5 in the world Charles Leclerc, Monegasque formula 1 driver with the title of b...
64.5K 930 34
„You're perfectly wrong for me And that's why it's so hard to leave." - Shawn Mendes --- After 4 years, Azalea (24) moves on and starts to go on date...
193K 6.1K 52
[COMPLETED] She has always loved F1 and visited a lot of races with her dad since she was very young. She knows many people in the paddock and gets a...
903K 13.8K 54
Lando Norris, meets Nathalie Verstappen, who is off limits by order of Max Verstappen. The chemistry between them grows. Nathalie returns to her Ral...