𝐈𝐓 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 | Conrad Fisher

By sevenrosess

Emily Monroe, or New York's "it girl" as she is more commonly known, has went to Cousin's beach all her life... More

𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲'𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐛 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

2K 36 6
By sevenrosess

Emily's deb dress

Hair

Hair accessory

Necklace

Earrings

-------------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe we're debbing soon" Shayla say, a little giddy, as she puts the final touches on her already flawless makeup. 

"Yeah" Gigi agrees, adjusting her necklace. 

"We're all growing up" I say, slipping in the earrings, a Monroe family heirloom, worn by generations of Monroe's on their debutantes. It's simple, 'classy' as my grandmother would put it, and 'understated' as my mother would. With 5 small FL diamonds making a leaf shape and a gorgeous South Sea pearl connected to it by delicate 24K gold chain, it suits my dress perfectly, and I smile at my reflection in the mirror. 

"Becoming women" Gigi adds, looking bittersweet. 

 I can tell we're all becoming a little teary eyed so I'm quick to turn things to a more brighter side. "C'mon, no tears. We are not ruining our pristine make up we all spent hours on" I say, smiling at my two best friends. 

"Oh, hell no" Shayla says, looking horrified just by the mere thought. 

"Who knows, maybe we'll all end up in the same college." Gigi says, smiling wistfully. 

"Yeah, and for that to happen we'd all have to go Harvard, won't we, seeing as they had your name written down in stone under the Boucheron alumni for years" I tease, and Shayla and I giggle. 

Gigi huffs playfully and retorts. "Well, we all know Cambridge has had one space open from the day you were born, under the generations of Monroe alumni" 

We laugh and check our reflections one last time. 

"It doesn't matter which colleges we go to. We'll always stay best friends" Shayla says, hugging us tightly in a group hug. 

Gigi nods vigorously in agreement and I add. "Of course we will"

Then, we head over to collect our bouquets of red roses. 

I take a deep breath. 

"Let's do this"

-----------------------------------------------

"Emily Monroe, daughter of Evangeline and Blaize Monroe." I can hear Paige's voice announce as I step into the spotlight, with Conrad joining me at my other side. 

"You look beautiful" He whispers softly, taking my hand. "You don't look too bad yourself" I giggle, smirking slightly, and he let's out a low chuckle. 

"Emily is a student at Horace Mann school, and she is one of the top single tennis players in New York" 

We step out under the flowers and the audience applauds, and I even spot a few cameras here and there. 

"She also models professionally for Dior and is one of the best known female models. Emily raised $10,000 for Tompkins County SPCA, which was registered as the nations first green' animal shelter."

I walk over to my parent's table as Paige starts to announce another girl. Smiling, I hand the bouquet to my mother, and drop down into a curtsey. My parents both beam as I step back and stand with Conrad. 

"It is my honor to introduce this year's Cousins Beach Country Club debutantes." Paige says proudly, everyone applauses. We all curtsey one last time to our parents and cheers are followed. 

"And now, introducing this years escorts" Paige declares, and music starts blasting. 

-------------------------------------

Paige clinks her spoon against our wine dance and the debutantes rise with their escorts. Smiling, Conrad and I make our way to the dance floor and we're quickly joined by the other girls. 

I notice Belly standing alone in the other side of the room. Frowning slightly, I lean closer to Conrad and whisper. "Where's Jeremiah" gesturing in Belly's direction. "I don't know" He murmurs back. 

I see Belly growing more anxious by the second as the music's about to start and Jeremiah still hasn't arrived. 

"Go dance with her" I say, nodding towards the Conklin girl's direction. 

His head snaps in my direction. "What?" 

"Go dance with her" I repeat. 

"No way" He says, shaking his head. 

"Listen, I've had many balls, many dances in my life. This is probably her first one. And it's an experience a girl deserves to feel at least once in her life" I try to explain, but Conrad is adamant. 

"No, not happening" He says firmly, leading me in formation. 

"Conrad-" I start. He cuts me off. "Emily" He gives me a look. "I am not giving up my chance to dance with the most beautiful girl here. I laugh at that and give in. "Jeremiah will show up soon anyways." He adds. 

The music starts and we dance, and I giggle as he twirls me around. 

The dance ends and I hug him, smiling. As we pull away, Jeremiah comes up to us and taps Conrad's shoulder. 

"Hey"

"Hey, where were you?" Conrad asks, slightly frowning. 

"Conrad, we need to talk alright. It's important, it's about mom"

"I found something out" He adds. 

Suddenly it clicks. 

How Jeremiah sounds somewhat out of breath and his eyes are red like he's been crying. 

He knows. 

I exchange glances with Conrad who obviously has come to the same conclusion. 

"Uh- yeah" Conrad stammers, not knowing what to say. "We- we'll talk about this later, okay?"

"No, it's important" Jeremiah objects. 

"It's okay" Conrad replies, a reassuring undertone in his voice. 

He stands there and it hits him. 

"You already know, don't you?" 

"You've know this whole fucking time and didn't tell me?" He says, furious. 

"Jere" 

Then, Jeremiah punches Conrad in the face. 

People gasp and all heads turn to us. Someone screams and Susannah, Laurel , my mom and 

Belly comes rushing over to us, where Jeremiah and Conrad are fighting. 

"Stop it" Susannah demands, looking outraged. "Both of you, stop it"

They let go of each other. 

"What is going on?" Susannah questions, practically seething with anger. 

"Mom" Jeremiah lets out hesitantly. 

"We know mom" 

------------------------------------------------

photo credits (in order of appearance)

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/3518505952212847/

(I couldn't find the link for the dress but its in the chapter 'emily's deb dress)

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/169870217187049984/

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/2392606044298714/

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/21532904461893743/

hey guys

Thank you all for reading:)

This is nearly finished, just a few more chapters left. 

Let me know what you think and please vote and comment, it means a lot to me💕

Thank youuu

Sunnnie <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 5.7K 101
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
188K 6.7K 95
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
509K 7.7K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
129K 4.6K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...