VENOM » SKZ Lee Know [mafia a...

By NE0FLIRT

[MAFIA AU] In a dangerous country where gangs lurk in every corner, KIM YUN-YEONG runs into LEE KNOW, the bos... More

0.01 || INTRODUCTION
0.02 || MAIN CHARACTERS
01 - The Recruitment
02 - First Impressions
03 - Acts of Kindness
04 - Late Nights & Lectures
05 - Strict & Stupid
06 - Good Girl
07 - The Heist Begins
08 - The New Ace
09 - In Disguise
10 - Distracted?
11 - IOU
12 - Jealousy, Jealousy
13 - Aiming For Your Heart
14 - Birthday Soulmates
15 - Apologize.
16 - Forgive, Don't Forget
17 - The Sun and the Sky
18 - Silence
19 - Pretty Boy
20 - Silent Cry
21 - Scars
22 - Admit It
23 - A Fake Kiss
24 - Perfect Aim
25 - Yours
26 - Tension
27 - The Beauty of Blood
28 - Heartaches & Heartbreaks
29 - Always You
31 - Slowing Pulses
32 - Brave Hero
33 - Reunion
34 - Lover (FINAL)
35 - Destined (EPILOGUE + A/N)

30 - Heart Shockers & Stoppers

3.6K 117 197
By NE0FLIRT

SONG REC: "SORRY I LOVE YOU" - STRAY KIDS

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

Chan and Yun stared at each other from across her bed. The other members were busy doing missions, errands, and other tasks that required leaving the base, leaving the two of them alone except for Lee Know, who was passed out in his room.

"So..." Chan cleared his throat. "I don't know how else to say it. I already know your answer, though."

Yun tensed. "My answer to what?"

He looked down at the table. "My confession."

Her eyes widened. "I..."

"I love you, Yun. Always have, always will. I don't expect you to reciprocate my feelings in any way, but please know that I love you for the person that you are, and our friendship means everything to me. So please, reject me so we can be normal. So we can be the same old best friends that we've always been."

Yun teared up, choking on her words. "Chan...I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." A tear streaked down her cheek. It killed her to watch him close his eyes and squeeze them in pain. "You have always been so good to me, and our relationship was one of the few things keeping me going when I was younger." Her voice cracked and she had to stop to take a deep breath.

"Yun, no, don't cry, please," Chan begged. He stood up and reached across the table to wipe her tears. "I'm sorry, I didn't know this would make you so emotionally distressed. We can finish this conversation another time."

"I'm sorry that I like somebody else," she whispered. He flinched at her bluntness but then relaxed back into his chair.

"Don't be. I mean, you can be a little sorry because I sure am" – he gave her a comforting smile – "but I know who your heart belongs to now."

"Is it that obvious?"

"Lee Minho." He smiled at her sadly and reached up to tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear. "I know, my love. He looks at you with a very familiar expression."

"What do you mean?"

"He looks at you like how I imagine myself looking at you. He looks at you like how you look at him. And he definitely looks at you too much to not feel anything."

"He...looks at me?"

"All the time, love. He looks at you every time you look away, and when he does, there's so much in his eyes. He looks at you like you're his home."

She wiped her eyes. "Thank you for your words, but I'm not so sure about that. And I'm sorry, again, that I don't love you back romantically. I will always love you, Chan, even if it doesn't come with romantic feelings."

He smiled at her again, this time genuinely. "All I want is your happiness. And even if it's not with me, I can accept that. Because I love you, too."

She stood up, walked over to him, and hugged him.

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

When Lee Know woke up, he felt incredible. At least, as incredible as he could be considering that his entire body was still aching. He showered, brushed his teeth, and changed into new clothes before walking past Yun's room.

"...Because I love you, too,"  Chan said.

Lee Know felt like vomiting as his heart jumped out of his chest. He peeked into her room, spotting Yun hugging an emotional Chan.

So she still has feelings for him, huh?

He couldn't understand. He wasn't able to confess to Yun, and she moved on? That fast? His heart went numb as they continued hugging. He take a shallow breath and forced himself to walk back into bed.

This is why I avoided romance.

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

By the time he could force himself out into the dining room, everybody was having lunch. It was the perfect image of a family.

His eyes settled in on Yun, who was laughing with Chan. He felt an ugly, green emotion flood his heart, but he pushed it down. He did not deserve to feel jealous. Although this confirmed his suspicions that they actually confessed to each other.

He walked over to the table, and everybody smiled at him. Everybody but Yun, who was poking at her food and refusing to make eye contact. She had gone silent, and Lee Know watched as Chan gently rubbed her back.

"The dead awakens, huh?" Changbin grinned. "Come sit down next to me, man, we missed you."

Lee Know sat in between Han and Changbin. Everybody went back to talking like normal as if he had never been injured. The only thing off was Yun, and he was hit with the memory of her confession.

I love you, she had said. What changed? Was Chan her knight in shining armor?

He held back the urge to talk to her now, but he stayed and finished his lunch. After eating, he helped clean up and washed dishes with Han. They made small talk for a bit until silence settled upon them.

"Did you two talk?" Han asked as he dried the dishes.

Lee Know nodded and told him everything that happened. Han already knew what happened because Yun had told him already, but he wanted to see how Minho felt.

"Jisung...she told me that she loves me. Loves. How can a person like her love a man like me?"

Han pursed his lips. "Be serious. I don't want to be cheesy but you're very lovable. And Yun agrees a lot, considering that she fucking confessed."

Lee Know winced. "Correct. But...I overheard Chan saying, 'I love you, too' to Yun."

Han rolled his eyes. "Minho, you probably hallucinated that. Talk to her in her room or something. You know best that this career is dangerous. So appreciate her for as long as you can. You never know when something is going to happen. You're going to mourn her as a friend, but also mourn the even better moments you could have had."

Lee Know sighed. "If anybody is going to be mourned over, it's going to be me because you guys give me such a damn difficult time."

"I only do it because I love you, man."

"That's such... Asian mother logic."

Han shrugged. "How would I know? I don't have a mother."

Lee Know laughed just as alarms went off. Lights flashed and the alarms screamed throughout the base, tearing through his ears. His eyes widened as his heart beat at a wild pace.

He was brought back to reality by Han, who slapped his shoulder. "Run! To your room!" Han shouted at him as he ran off to find the others.

Lee Know took a deep, struggling breath and limped to his room. He pressed a hand against his chest as sharp pains made him want to stop. But there was no time to stop.

There was then an arm around his waist as his body weight was transferred over to somebody else.

Yun.

"Let me help you to your room!" she screamed over the alarms. He transferred his entire weight to her without another word and she effortlessly brought him to the secret, high-security room under the first floor.

At this moment, he knew she viewed him as a patient, but he couldn't help but yearn for her touch.

She helped him sit down on the bed and ran across the room, grabbing his medicine and water and shoving it into his hands.

"Pain relievers. Take two now and in about four hours, you can take two more."

He nodded. Winced and glanced down at his chest. Yun's eyes followed.

"Let me take care of that." Her expression remained professional. She quickly took off his shirt and unwrapped his bandage. His skin was healing, and she let out a sigh of relief. "You're healing quickly."

"Thanks to you."

She turned a light shade of pink but didn't respond. She began wrapping a new bandage around his chest, and it took everything in Lee Know not to grab her and pull her into his lap. When she finished, she immediately turned to leave, grabbing her gun.

"Wait, Yun, don't leave yet," he said.

"What?" she asked, her expression sharp. "I have to go fight with my members. Our members"

"I know. Just...be careful, okay?"

"When have you cared?" she replied bitterly.

"I always have and you know that."

Her eyes softened. "I care for you, too."

"Please be honest with me, Yun, before you go." She paused, tilting her head. "Did you confess to Chan?"

Her eyebrows furrowed. "What?

His ears turned red and spoke quickly, "I overheard Chan saying 'I love you' back and saw you hugging and I just wanted to know if you moved on–"

She laughed. "Yes, he confessed. I rejected him but I love him platonically, okay? He said it back. We hugged. Lee Know, I literally confessed to you days ago. And you rejected me."

"I–I know, and we'll talk after this, okay? Now, go."

She only gave a nod before leaving. Lee Know could hear screams and shouts upstairs. He heard Han shout, "It's them! From our failed mission months ago!"

Lee Know's heart lurched.

————

who are your favorite non-kpop artists? mine are ariana grande and doja cat as of right now 😚

random comment but i have a thing for redheads and orange hair which is why these pics are superior.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 445 21
What's the mafia's secret? Everyone keeps talking about it. It's not a what. It's a who and that person is... ༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈୨🔓୧┈┈┈┈┈•༶ A story where jisun...
91.2K 2.3K 49
Living in Chicago with her career as a doctor just beginning, 23-year-old Eisa Yun has a bright future ahead of her. That is until her father's unpai...
406K 21.3K 70
"-Why do you always drink wine at parties?" "-That's how I count my members and signal them it's time to withdraw." Both Mafia and the police are af...
338K 14.5K 98
TW: 18+, blood, BDSM, death, torture, drugs, alcohol, abuse, mental illness Hate does not always mean that you despise someone. That burning feeling...