A Cinderella's Love (VVIP STO...

By mechanic_lady

When Jan met a mystery man online, who caught her attention, she never thought a dashing man is behind the al... More

The Cinderella
Chatbox
Madness
Background Check
Background Check 2
Status: It's Complicated
It's Complicated 2
Thoughts
The First Meeting
The Plot
Missing Who?
Living her Life

The Prince Charming

14.4K 470 17
By mechanic_lady

Lean's POV

"What do you mean, you turned Emma down?" 

I did not bother to look up just to see the shock on Chris' face.  I frowned when I have read the email of Mr. Portland that I have to be in San Diego by next week for our annual convention.  Being the Chief Designer of AshFord Asia, this is one of the duties that I wished not to do.  Travel from time to time.  I do not enjoy hopping from one place to another. Blame it to my poor social life. If it is not work-related, I'd rather stay at the office.

Just last week I had to fly over to Batanes for another design structure for our upcoming project in new aircraft system.  

"Dude!"

I looked at him, annoyed.  Inalis ko ang tingin sa cellphone ko and stared at him, his whole face freezes in shock.  I cannot blame him.  Emma is one of the top young managers of our company.  I know she likes me, consider me conceited but with just a look on her dreamy face every time I passed on by her table, I know I don't have to ask her twice.  She will come to me willingly.  

And with her chin held up high.  I smirked.  Typical woman.  Sa una kunwari hindi ka pansin, but later on they will chase you like a mad dog.  

"I was busy last Saturday, biglang dumating si tita Almira," I said drily.  "And don't try to pull another date Chris.  I told you, I don't like to be chased by the——."

"By Bianca's kind," he supplied acidly.  My lips compressed into a thin line. I looked at him angrily.  Chris raised his two hands in surrender.  Naupo ito sa sofa.  "Alright, so I mentioned her again!  It's because you do not want to go out on a date and instead you sulk like an ugly Quasimodo waiting for someone to rescue you!"

My jaw hardened.  "Stop meddling with my personal affairs Chris.  You are not a cupid to find my one true love," I said sarcastically.  I moved my gaze back to my laptop.  "And will you please submit the report that I need?  Your secretary is very slow, you should fire her."

Napailing na lamang si Chris.  "Huwag mong idamay si Sandra sa init ng ulo mo.  My secretary is fine, you," he pointed his finger on me.  "Happened to be a slave boss.  Gusto mo ora orada nasa harap mo na.  Try a little patience will you?" tumayo na ito.  He sighed when he saw me already focused on my laptop.  

"Just have a one date with her, okay?  My wife is very excited to know what happened between the two of you.  You know they went on the same college.  And she is still single.  She is a good catch already.  Her family——-."

"I have read her CV, don't repeat it to me what I already know," I said in a bored tone.  

Napailing si Chris.  "You are hopeless.  But please, come to my house this Saturday.  It's my wife's birthday, so you better come."

Tumalikod na ito.

I did not bother to look at him when he left.

Chris' POV

I just couldn't understand why he doesn't want to date.  Okay, so he's been hurt.  Dumping him by his ex was something I couldn't take easily as a man.  We have an inflated ago as big as the universe and Lean practically has everything.  Money and looks.  He is a very good candidate and that's why women in our company are drooling over him.  Ito na lang kasi ang bachelor sa amin.  I just married six months ago, finally bond myself with a beautiful and sensible woman that I have been with for 5 years.  I have no regrets.  My wife is the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me.

Papasok na ako sa opisina ko ng makita si si Emma.  Agad na tinawag ko ito.  Mukhang kasama ito sa meeting ni Mr Fuller.

"Hi Emma," nakangiting bati ko.  Hindi ko malaman kung mahihiya ako o ano.  Maybe, I was embarrassed that I have matched her with my friend na ubod ng suplado.

I saw her became uneasy but she managed to smile.  "Hi Chris.  What's up?"  she said slowly nang makalapit ito sa akin.  "Your friend had second thoughts and cancelled our date instead," she said wryly.  She managed to laugh a little.  "I do not know if I will be embarrass about it thinking he doesn't want to date me or flattered thinking he got cold feet."

I tried to clear my throat.  Of course, I couldn't say it's the former.  It will hurt her.  Alam kasi din sa opisina na matagal ng may pagtingin si Emma sa binata.  It's just happened, he is a real snob.  At gustong magpakatandang binata.

"He told me his Aunt Almira came by that afternoon to check up on him.  Oh, he said he would be on my wife's birthday this Saturday.  He said it would be nice if you would come," nakangiting sabi ko. He could kill me now, but I will not let Emma knows what he feels towards her.  Emma is a very nice woman.

And very beautiful too.  At her age of 29, she is a very accomplished woman.  She has her own home, a car, some investment——asawa na lamang ang kulang.  And I could apply my good friend as a candidate.

Her face suddenly lit up.  "H-He told you that?"

I crossed my finger at my back.  I smiled at her.  "Of course!  He is a bit shy after what happened last Saturday.  You know, men," I chuckled.  "We are bunch of egoistic rhinos."

She laughed.  Suddenly, nawala na ang pagka asiwa nito. "Okay.  Saturday then.  I —I am looking forward to that," she said.

I smiled.  

Magalit na siya kung magagalit.

He is going to date this woman!

Even if I will have to literally drag him all the way to the house, I will.

His being single must end.  

By hook or by crook.

I looked at Emma.  She is the best one.

Wala ng iba pa.

Author's NOTE:

READ the whole story at www.nobelista.com ONCE YOU SIGN UP FOR VVIP MEMBERSHIP. To inquire send us a message here

www.facebook.com/MechanicLadyPublication/

BE INCLUDED to Batch 5 No Other Love Writer's Edition (Softbound). We are still accepting reservations until the lockdown is in effect (April-May 31, 2020). This might be your last chance to keep NOL physical book.  RESERVE IT for a minimal reservation fee.

IF INTERESTED to reserve, please message us here:

www.facebook.com/page.no.other.love

The only WE that reach Batch 5 from 2017 to 2020.

✅ The ebook is available at www.nobelista.com
✅ Still accepting reservation for Batch 5 while waiting for the printer to resume its operation
✅ Part of VVIP Membership
✅ Most sold out WE
✅ Exclusive version as WE
❌ Not available in VIP Membership

Forgotten Memories TRILOGY is also open for preordering:

APRIL-MAY Reservation: Promo offer

Grab your chance to RESERVE and BE INCLUDED in one time printing of FM Trilogy

✅ Included FREE ACCESS to VVIP stories for reservation from April-May 31.
✅ CHEAPER price offer for buyers who can pay from April-May 31.
✅ MINIMAL RESERVATION fee due to lockdown
✅ BOOK 3 is exclusive to TRILOGY set ONLY (not available in single book purchase)

OFFER ONLY UNTIL MAY 31. REGULAR price and without free inclusion will start in July 2020.

ONE OF THE VVIP STORIES at www.nobelista.com

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 337 34
Book 1 of Chess Pieces Trilogy 1st Section 50 students 1 killer Try and find before 50 shades of red ink take over. Are you ready to take risk in a g...
4.5K 714 185
Exploring the world from east to west can be hard for some people, but with only a little internet connection, one can go by meeting new people from...
121K 5.9K 42
You don't have all the time in the world. Iyon ang totoo. Blessed to have survived her fatal illness and learning more to live with it, Polka tries t...
1.1K 116 4
What if there's another world out there? And what if you are unknowingly a part of it? Are you willing to abandon your normal life? Or... You'll be m...