Mazes Of Red

By nevcau

Red hood story Read first page for more information I do not own any of the DC characters I do however own th... More

blurb
character list
CHAPTER 1 : Big Bad World
CHAPTER 2 : Jason Todd
CHAPTER 3 : Busted
CHAPTER 4 : Sleepy Daze
CHAPTER 5 : Good Morning Sunshine
CHAPTER 6 : No I Didn't Miss You
CHAPTER 7 : Learning To Laugh
CHAPTER 8: Suspicions
CHAPTER 9 : Peace
CHAPTER 10 : shadows unveiled P1
CHAPTER 11 : shadows unveiled P2
CHAPTER 12 : Fancy Pants
CHAPTER 13: Shock Horror
CHAPTER 14 : Big Bruce Wayne
CHAPTER 16 : Hard Work Makes A Life
CHAPTER 17 : ROBIN
CHAPTER 18 : Robin P2
CHAPTER 19 : Double Life
CHAPTER 20 : Playing Problem Solver
CHAPTER 21 : I Choose To Stand With You
CHAPTER 22 : The Amazing First Boy Wonder
CHAPTER 23: Lighting The Shadows Of Rivalry
CHAPTER 24 : Bubble Goes The Drama Of Life
CHAPTER 25: The Bubbles Stop
CHAPTER 26 : Tracking Shadows
CHAPTER 27: Echoes In Ashes
CHAPTER 28 : Echoes Of Lose Healing
CHAPTER 29 : Bump Goes The Night
CHAPTER 30 : Dance Of Familiarity
CHAPTER 31: Confrontation Unfolds
CHAPTER 32 : Stalk Of The Night
CHAPTER 33 : Worlds Do Collide
CHAPTER 34 : Don't Make Me Laugh
CHAPTER 35 : Stitches And Secrets.

CHAPTER 15 : Steps For The Future

11 0 0
By nevcau

(side note Lauren is 13 in this chapter  and Jason is now 14 :) )

LAURENS POV

I sprint across the courtyard of my school towards the worn out metal bike rack.

I grasp the lock attached to my bike and clumsily unlock it.

i tug on my bike expecting it to slide out easily my bike like a stubborn child didn't budge.

"dumb. ... stup..idd bikee" I huff  through grit teeth as I aggressively pull  at my bike.

with one last tug the bike comes tumbling out leaving me on my ass.

" you good" comes a curious voice beside me.

my head snaps to Caspin beside me with a glare.

" great just thought I  would lie down for a bit " I sarcastically remark rolling my eyes as I sit up.

" looks it " Caspin laughs as he offers me a hand up.

i take it as Caspin helps haul me up.

" on your way to the manor" Caspin curiously ask shouldering his back pack more.

usually my answer would be a yes but not today.

Trips to  Wayne manor turned from once every 2 weeks.

To one day every week.

To 3  out of the 7 days a week.

This carried on for months and quickly formed a part of my new routine for the last 2 years.

" Not today gonna go visit mum" I inform him picking up my bike and swinging my leg over it.

" Oh say hi for me" Caspin replies taken back by my unpredicted  answer passing me my beaten bag from the floor.

" Will do bye Caspin" i give him a quick smile and wave and ride out the courtyard.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I roughly pull my bike to the gutter and lock it up.

I take a couple steps towards the looming hospital doors and stop.

I fight the rising anxiousness  rising in my throat by swallowing.

My eyes drop the the yellow sunflowers in my hand taking me back to a time were life was easy.

"Come oonnn muumm" little me egarly say dragging my hunched mother along.

" Slow down baby im coming " my mum gentley says pulling me to chnage my eager pace.

My small face turns to her full of glee.

My mothers faces mirrors my own with a soft loving gaze.

" its so pretty" my little self  shouts taking in the scene before me.

All around me was a meadow  covered in flowers of all shapes and sizes creating what little me would describe as a place of  magic fairies .

Tall trees line the meadow providing a comforting shade adding a sense of tranquility to the scene.

What caught little me eyes the most were the sea of sunflowers standing tall and proud their golden yellow petals glowing under the summer sun.

My little feet sprint to them my chubby fingers gently stroking a petal belonging to the flowers.

"Mummy what these called" 3 year old me asked with  burning curiosity.

"Sunflowers " my mother explains to me kneeling beside me.

My eyes widen with happiness " sunflowers" I repeat taking a few from the ground and examining their colors .

"Mummy" I ask again my fingers tracing the sunflowers seeds.

" Yes princess" she answers in her usual soft  spoken tone.

My head whips to my mother my hands holding the sunflowers extended to her.

" Does you like sunflowers" I struggle out in toddler talk.

" They are my favorite" she replies taking the bunch from me and smelling them.

I smile a big toothy grin at her and barrel into  her for a hug.

I smile to myself welcoming the happy feeling of an old memory.

I take more steps towards my mothers room.

I make my way past the reception noting the absence of the usual smiley receptionist  I like.

I knock on the door to my mums room and wait for a reply.

"Come in " comes a quiet reply.

I push open the door taking a breath and hiding the flowers behind my back.

"Hi mama" I smile walking over to her side the flowers rustling.

"My baby" she coo's holding her hand up for me to take.

" You look pretty today mum" I compliment with a cheeky tone.

I meant it she looked better than the last times I visited giving me hope she may be getting better.

" Shush you" my mum laughs eyeing me suspiciously.

" What do you have" she says quickly trying to look behind my back.

I reveal the flowers and place them in her arms.

"Happy Birthday mum" I kiss her temple and settle back into the un-comfy hospital seat.

"Thank you princess these are beautiful" my mum gushes fiddling with a petal.

" Glad you like them.... oh close your eyes" I demand waving my hand at her. a grin on my face

My mum chuckles placing the flowers on her side table closing her eyes with a  matching grin.

I unzip my bag clumsily and pull out a half squashed cupcake .

I can feel my self deflate in disappointment.

"Can I open them yet" my mum impatiently ask with excitement.

"Sure " I reply with a slight bit of sadness.

My mums eyes flutter open and land on the cupcake in my hand.

"Awww Lauren" my mother takes it from my hand and pulls me into a hug with her spare hand holding the cupcake high.

"Sorry I squished it " i sheepishly admit feeling glum.

My mum takes in my sad expression and unwraps the cupcake taking a bite leaving pink frosting around her mouth.

"Taste amazing still" she retorts with a smile easing my petty sadness.

I smile at her appreciating the comment " I'm glad I made it myself" I admit with a blush looking away slighty.

" Your so talented" she tells me her eyes twinkling with pride as she looks at me.

I mull over the next word not wanting to ruin the good mood.

" Ha...has dad come to see you?" i cautiously ask knowing this was a rocky question.

My mothers twinkle drops slightly.

" He did but not for long " she quietly says trailing off her head hanging as she zones out.

I nod knowing not to ask more.

My mums head snap back her twinkle back.

" So how are you how was school" she eagerly ask poking my side.

"I'm fine tired schools going great Caspin says hi " I ramble.

" hi Caspin " my mum laughs only to start coughing deeply.

I quickly lurch forward rubbing my mums back.

" I'm fine I SAID IM FINE" my mum slightly shouts swatting my hands away.

I recoil telling myself  not to take it personally but fail to.

"Sorry" I mumble fiddling with my skirt my eyes to the floor.

We stay silent for a little  I take  a peek at my phone  and let out a small gasp at the time.

 stand and gather my things my mum looking at me with a small amount of sadness.

"Happy birthday mum im sorry to dash off but i have something I have to do .... I love you" I smile with sincerity and give her a kiss on her cheek.

"Oh okay" she pauses making me feel guilty for leaving "thank you for my flowers and cake" she smiles at me with her usual gentleness easing my guilt.

" ill come see you tomorrow okay" I Inform her making my way to the door.

she nods and says nothing.

I sigh " bye mum" I push open the door  and exit not expecting a reply.

I make my way a few paces down the hall way before being stopped by a nurse.

" You a family member of Amy Hampton?" she ask her tone impolite and  authoritive  .

"Yes " I quiz back cautiously my eyebrow cocked.

he nurse hands me a white envelope and turns away entering the room a few doors down.

" What the hell " I question flipping the envelope in my hands. 

I tear my gaze away from the envelope when my phone starts blaring.

I roll my eyes and answer the knowing the person calling was about to give me an earful.

"Where are you you are 5 minutes late what am I paying you for if you cant show up" my new boss shuts down the phone.

" I'm sorry ill be there soon" i hurry out rushing for the exit.

" Better be or I'm deducting money for each minute your late" and with that he hangs up.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

AUTHORS NOTE

helloooo im backkk.

hope you enjoyed this chapter.

just to clear up yes in the eyes of real modern laws lauren is to young to be wrking but i imagine Gotham laws and what happens really doesnt apply to modern reallife laws hahaha.

so for the sake of the story lauren has a job which will be futher explained next chapter.

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 87 10
You're Tony Starks super powered daughter who only wants to follow in her father's footsteps but, when you meet Bucky Barnes, your world gets turned...
458 1 34
Based on Detroit become human. I don't own any of the characters. Besides my own.
Always By Lina

Fanfiction

5.3K 149 12
Disclaimer: I don't own anything except for the plot.
45.1K 1K 68
I wanted to do a Merle story since there are loads of stories about Daryl and hardly any about Merle. Also I like Merle. It's gonna start before the...