Mr.Bad Boy

By KenzieJae22

When Phoenix Black accidentally shows her literal strength, she catches the attention of many unwanted guys... More

Why am I such a nerd?
When will it stop?
Now I've done it...
Is he for real?
Memories
Tutoring and Partying
I didn't expect that
Loss
Fear
Trouble
Family
Love is war
Decisions
The Truth
Home
Stories
Deja VĂș
Again
Authors Note

Just because I'm a female...

316 9 0
By KenzieJae22

I woke up to my alarm. I was going to ignore it until I realized I had to go change the oil in my car. I got ready for school and headed downstairs.

My mom was sitting at the kitchen table with her face in her hands. She sounded like she was crying.

"Morning mom," I started. I grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge.

"Hi honey. Where are you going?" She asked, rubbing her face.

"I have to change the oil in my car," I said slowly.

"When did you become such a bright young woman?" She asked fake smiling.

"Ever since you decided to ditch the rest of my high school career," I replied.

"You know that wasn't my choice," she sighed.

"To hell with that! It is your own choice to wake up every morning and take that beer and drink it. You put yourself through that just because dad died," I yelled.

"It is not my fault I can't handle his passing," she sniffled.

"It was 13 when he died. I went through that all by myself because you were busy drinking yourself to nothing. I pay the bills, I go grocery shopping, I provide for the both of us when that's suppose to be your job!" I shouted. By the end of my speech tears were falling freely from my eyes. This was the most my mom and I have talked since my dad was alive.

I slammed the fridge shut and walked down the hall. I grabbed the oil by the door and went to my car.

I pulled out the ramps and put them at the end of my driveway. This was the hardest part, getting my tires line up and on the ramps.

I was on my third try when a boy on a motorcycle pulled up next to my mailbox. At first I couldn't tell who it was, I was too focused. Then when the well built body got off, I realized it was Ace.

Without speaking to me, he motioned me to keep going up the ramps. It took a couple minutes of him straightening the ramps out and me backing up until I was finally on the ramps.

I shut the car off and hopped out.

"Thank you," I said.

He just nodded his head.

I grabbed my toolbox and slid down under my car. I was waiting for his feet to retreat but they remained by the driver tire.

I sighed to myself.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I don't have a filter. I forgot to get one," I explained.

"You go to get oil but you forget the filter?" He wondered.

"Yeah, there was somebody super annoying at the aisle and I needed to get away," I teased.

I think we were past being angry at each other but I still didn't want anything to do with him.

"I'll give you a ride to school," he offered. 

"Not, it's fine. My car can last 10 more miles," I said. I packed up my tools and scooted out from under the car.

"It's going to be more than ten miles, you have to go to school then town," he countered.

"But I'm not going to have a ride to town," I replied. I threw the oil in the back of my car and leaned against the door.

"I'll drive you to school, then town, then home so you can get your car for work," he said, grimacing at that word.

"I can't ask you to do that," I replied.

"Phoenix, it isn't a problem. I don't have a job to get to," he explained.

I sighed in defeat. "Okay, but only this time. And then I think you should stop bothering with me."

"Am I that much of a problem?" He asked.

We walked over to his motorcycle. My heart started racing. I've never even been this close to a motorcycle in my life.

"I'll get on first then I'll help you," he promised.

Once he was on, he leaned forward and held out his hand. I grabbed it and threw my left leg over the side. I lost my balance on my right foot. I started to fall over but Ace held my hand tighter and pulled me towards him. I sat my but down on the seat and threw my arms around his stomach.

He made the vehicle come alive, the whole seat below me vibrating.

"Just lean when I lean, okay?" He yelled over the engine.

I nodded.

He pushed off the ground and we were racing down the road. The wind moved across my skin in gentle waves, my hair flowing behind me. The trees raced paced my eyes before I could make out any great detail.

We pulled into the school 10 minutes earlier than I would usually with my car.

He parked in the corner where nobody would see us. He got off the bike first then held out his hand to help me. I grabbed it gratefully and hopped of the machine quickly.

"Thanks for the ride. Where should I meet you after school?" I asked, throwing my backpack onto both my shoulders.

"Right back here is fine," he replied.

"We need to leave right after school so I can change my oil and get to work," I said firmly.

"Yes ma'am," he said, fake saluting me.

I shook my head and walked towards the school, leaving Ace behind me.

I walked to my locker, looking for Jade. Instead I found Jason leaning against my locker looking at his phone.

"Hey Phoenix, were you serious about us not sitting at lunch with you?" He asked, slipping his phone into his pocket.

"Yeah, I have important things to worry about," I said quickly. I shut my locker and headed towards homeroom.

Jason was on my heels the whole time.

"Can I sit near you? Like not the same table but near your table?" He asked.

"Why are you so eager to be near me?" I asked.

"You seem like a cool girl. I want to get to know you," he easily said.

"Only because I can lift weights, right?" I said humorlessly.

"Phoenix, a lot of guys have taken an interest in you and I don't think it's for a good reason. Your really pretty and some guys have taken an inappropriate liking in you," he explained.

"I'm sure I can handle myself," I replied walking into homeroom. I sat down in my usual seat near the front of the class.

Jason sat down next to me.

"Not against the football team, you can't," he argued.

"Listen, Jason. I've had this goal ever since I was 6. And it's the goal where I have the highest GPA in the school, and I can't have distractions ruining that," I told him.

"No I get that, but I think you need somebody to keep an eye on you," he continued.

"Whatever, just watch from a distance, okay?" I asked. The bell rang signaling homeroom was over.

Our teacher took attendance and allowed us to leave. I bolted out of there to try to lose Jason in the crowd. While I lost Jason, I gained Mitchell.

"Hey Arizona," he smiled.

"Phoenix," I corrected.

"Oh, I know. But it sounds like a cool nickname," he continued to smile.

"Mitchell, it's only first period and my patience is running short. I just want to go to class and learn, okay?" I snapped. I picked up my pace and continued walking to Economics.

I was the first person in Economics to my relief. I chose a seat where only one person could sit to my left.

I was really hoping nobody would decide to sit by me, but not my luck. In walked Andrew and he plopped down right beside me.

"Phoenix," he smiled politely.

"Andrew," I said curtly. I pulled out my English 12 text book and flipped to the homework pages.

He just sat there the rest of the period in silence, occasionally looking at me and smiling.

The rest of the day flew by without too many problems. The guys were hanging around. Not directly beside me, but they kept their distance.  I could feel their glares in my back when I wasn't paying attention. It was unnerving.

I made my way back to Ace's motorcycle and I was the first one there. Granted, I was a little early and wanted to get to town, but I was impatient.

About ten minutes passed and Ace still hadn't shown up. Jade caught my eye while she was walking to her car.

"Jade!" I shouted, jogging over to her.

She spun around and smiled at me.

"What's up chica?" She asked.

"Ace was suppose to give me a ride to town, but he's not here. I need to change my oil and get to work and I'm already running late," I explained quickly.

"Mmm, Ace huh?" She teased. "Hop in I'll drive you to town."

"Thank you so much," I sighed in relief.

"That's what best friends are for," she laughed.

I got the filter I needed within five minutes and Jade drove me home. I got my oil changed, checked on my mother (who is still alive), and drove to work. I was three minutes late.

"I am so sorry for being late. I had a crazy couple days," I started the minute I walked through the door.

Charlotte smiled at me. "You're barely late, no apologies."

She grabbed her purse and blew me kissed and walked out. I don't usually know where she goes, she never tells me. And I'm perfectly okay with that.

I was shelving the new inventory when the bell jingled.

"Welcome to Charlotte's. Are you looking for anything in particular?" I asked over my shoulder.

"I need a book on how to properly apologize," the voice murmured.

I turned around to meet Ace. His lip was cut and he was holding his right arm to his side.

"That type of book is in a completely different store," I spat back.

"Phoenix..." Ace whispered.

"Don't even try it, Ace. You're time is over. I seriously need you to leave and stay gone. I have important things to be thinking about and I can't have you messing that up," I whispered.

He nodded in understanding and left the store.

Kind of boring, sorry guys. I'm working on getting something big to happen. Thanks for reading! Vote, comment, share!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 271 45
"He was the definition of what you call bad, he smoked, he broke the law, he drove too fast for his own good.He didn't care because no one taught him...
213 54 25
Miracle a twenty year old girl with only a year to live , sought out to fulfill one goal hers , make an impact on someone's life . just as life is...
122 8 20
Harley Granger has never had it easy and has always believed she could do fine on her own. What happens when she meets Ace and he shows her it's okay...
449 2 16
After Kira and Blake have broken up, she hasn't been able to take her mind off her hot, cocky, big headed ex-boyfriend. But that's until she meets Ma...