Bringing The Mafia's Daughter...

By Starr_Kels

The hearing of her husband's cheating sends Abella Ferrari into a state of destitution. Anger and shock cover... More

A/N
Cast 1
Prologue/ Meet The Characters
1, Losing Her
2, Goodbye, My Happy Ending
3, Free From The Past
4, La Masseria
5, Results
6, My Brothers
7, Rules
8, Shopping With Guys
9, First Day
10, Hunger and Lawton
11, Feelings
12, Memories and Emotions
13, Talk About Bullies and Fake People
14, Broken Dreams
15, Ignorance and Bestfriends
16, Feels Like Home; Dinner With Family And Friends
17, Charlotte
18, I Miss You, Babe
19, Friend Zone
20, Girl's Outing
21, The Girl and Him
22, We're Family Too
23, Music Links Us Together
24, Step-Mother and Evil Step Sister
Cast 2
25, Feels Broken; Dinner With Extended Family and Step Relations
26, 25 (Part II)
27, Music Festival
28, Unknown Caller and Threats
29, Culprit
30, Fear and Scared
31, Feels Better
33, Favors
34, Eating Disorder
35, My Sister
36, Security
37, Be Careful
38, Meetings
39, The Mayor's Death
40, My Family Business and Rauw's Arrest / End
Author's Note๐Ÿ˜

32, Birthday Surprise

186 7 0
By Starr_Kels

Was it fair saying, I hadn't seen any of my brothers the whole of today?

The time was already 4:30pm and I was currently seating down in my room watching a film but I was constantly disturbed thinking that I'm spending my 14th birthday alone dressed in my pyjamas and munching on M&Ms and Oreos.

This morning, Maria was busy having her last minute checks for her anniversary. The whole house was filled with all sort of stylist for nails, hair and clothes to get her and Casey all dressed up to impress.

I accidentally eavesdropped on a conversation and heard that the Genovese were invited. I hadn't seen Mabel for quite long now and I'm pretty sure that she didn't want to catch my sight after what happened with Jovie. Like it was my fault.

I had intentionally locked myself in my room away from the craziness going on outside there. I highly expected the brothers to burst into my room, singing me a happy birthday song this morning but I just remembered what I said yesterday and facepalmed myself at my silly thought.

P.S. Choose your words wisely.

When I meant I didn't want to celebrate my birthday, I didn't mean that I wanted to be alone for the whole of today. They had taken my words too seriously and went overboard that no one had bothered to tell me even a small 'happy birthday'.

A knock echoed in my empty room and I half expected to see one of my family members but was met with the smile of a maid and two other people.

"Good evening, Kara. Happy birthday" she beamed.

"Thank you" I said, happy that she had at least remembered and wish me a happy birthday unlike my brothers.

"We were ordered to get you ready" she said, stepping in. The first woman held a black dress coverage bag and the other held some makeup suitcase.

"Why?" I deadpanned before I releasing that I was still in my pyjamas at such a time.

None of them replied, playing their games well.

"First, you will take another bath"

There it goes...

*****

I couldn't recognise myself when Kim, the hair and make-up stylist finished up with whatsoever she was doing. I was dressed in a black ruffle strapless mini dress with a Bow&Faux pearl decor satin chunky heeled ankle strap sandals with Cartier diamond viper rings, watch and necklace and butterfly dangle circle hoop earrings.

My makeup was light with a feline eyeliner and nude lip gloss. My hair was back in its defined deep frizzy curls and dyed in a burgundy tiny perm rod sets.

"Ok..." My guess was the wedding anniversary but I seemed overly dressed and I doubt Maria will like that I overshadowed her daughter by my looks.

"You look beautiful" Sally, the fashion designer said with a proud smile.

"Now, we can head there" Talia, the maid stated, handing me my black and golden lady Dior. We headed out of the house, leaving behind the defeating silence as we stepped out to meet the limousine outside.

"Goodbye" Talia said, closing the door as I got in.

The driver drove out of the estate while I stared out of the window. My phone was no longer working and I was quite thankful because I could no longer see any of the messages. He drove to a secluded area on a hilltop to another nice looking party hall.

I furrowed my eyebrows as he walked out and opened the door. I stepped out and registered my surroundings, tucking my hair back.

"You may go in" The driver stated. I gave him a suspicious look, making him chuckle but I nevertheless, strutted into the empty and silent looking hall.

"What the-" I started just to me cut off by the loud shouting of 'Happy Birthday Kara' by my family members as I switched on the lights.

I guess it was all because I was startled because lights welled up in my eyes as I tried wiping it without destroying Kim's hard work.

"Let it out" Elian stated as Kiley held a camera in my face with a smile.

"No I can't. Kim will be super angry and do you know how much mascara cause?" I questioned with a smile, seeing all of them "Here, I thought you guys forgot"

"You know we could never" Grandma stated "The first birthday party in so many years"

"I just-" A cry escaped my lips. Before I knew it, Rauw pulled in for a hug.

"I thought you guys took it to heart that I didn't want to celebrate  and just... ignored me" I said in low cry.

"You are just so dramatic like your mother" Grandpa Bobani said, shooking his head in a chuckle.

"Never you think that. We all love you, Kara" Aunt Quinn said.

"Moreover, none of us could have taken your words seriously. A decade and you want us not to celebrate your birthday?" Uncle Arslane questioned.

"Happy Birthday Sis" Rauw said, kissing my cheek.

"Thanks. Seriously, thank you to all of you" I said, my left hand against my chest. It was touching how they could leave Father's anniversary for me and all the work they had just for me.

"It's time to party!" Leylaini busted.

"Calm down, party animal" Ercole said, making us chuckle while handing me a flute filled with non alcoholic champagne, I guess.

"Before we start..." Grandpa Bobani said loudly "I have to say that my gift is the best so there's still time to hide your gifts to not get hurt by the comments"

I chuckled, sipping the champagne while the others rolled their eyes. Grandpa Amory nudge his shoulder, murmuring something to him before they shook hands in determine looks.

The next hours was a blast in short. Leylaini made me try all sort of things along with my aunts before the guys pulled me away and we played some games.

I was discussing with Kiley, Amir, Severo and Anwen when I heard the sounding of a microphone through the speaker sand we all turned to see Riordan seated behind the grand paino with an anxious look.

"What is he doing?" Lawton questioned, just as Riordan started singing while playing the paino. He sang the opening of the happy birthday song while Ercole brought in the four layered chocolate cake, leaving the others shocked and frozen in their spots at the sound of his perfect and beautiful voice.

Even if I couldn't sing again, I was happy that he could and now and the confidence needed to show his talent and gift to our family. Lawton dramatically dropped his glass to the ground as he sang with wide eyes, making me roll my eyes.

When he was done, he held his chest and turned to face me. I smiled, handing Lawton my bag and walking up to hug him tight for the effort. This was absolutely the best gift tonight.

"I hope I wasn't bad" he asked in a whisper.

"You were great. Thanks you so much. You are a great singer and though we weren't really fond of each other, I'm happy that we got to solve our difference and issues and I got to discover this soft side of you" I said, placing a kiss on his cheek as he smiled widely.

We turned to the others and I saw Uncle Arslane and Grandpa Bobani holding proud smiles.

"You see the genes, Amory" Grandpa said proudly.

"We have lived in thesaem house for 16years and I didn't know!" Kiernan and Lawton shouted in exclamation.

"Did you take singing classes behind our backs or something because that's a wow" Hester commented.

"That was great. Why didn't su tell us earlier?" Rauw questioned.

"I thought it wouldn't be acknowledge and we had to do something better than singing-"

"What nonsense is that! Young-Est, you can do whatever you want and we will always support you no matter what happens. We are family" Grandma said.

"I would have love to hear you two sing. It's such a shame" Leor stated.

"Yeah but... at least, you got to come out of your shell" I said with a proud smile "And moreover, I can see a very delicious looking cake next to me waiting to be cut and eaten. Are we waiting for anything else? Wave, wanna sing?!"

They laughed at my words as I walked up to Ercole and picked up the knife. They did a count down before I blew the candles, made my wish and cut the cake.

"What was your wish?" Santos chirmed.

"It won't come true if I tell you" I said, eating my cake. Kiley joined me and we were already munching down the delicious double chocolate cake with chestnut flavoured icing.

"Time to open the gifts" Aunt Maëlys informed. I smiled walking up to the area kept for the gifts. They were so many and was already divided according to the ones, I will open at home and those I'm opening now.

"Open mine first" Grandpa Bobani stated, handing me a small red box.

I chuckled at his words, abiding to his wishes and opening the red box to find a pair of keys and a small letter. I read it out and nearly jumped in happiness.

"FUCK! I HAVE MY FIRST FUCKING CAR" I shouted, showing the car key and hugging grandpa.

"We will let the language slide" Cassio said.

"We give the first cars at the age of 14. You will start your driving classes on Saturday" He said "Elian and Leor will accompany you"

"I got my own Ferrari now" I bragged infront of Lawton and Gael.

He rolled his eyes, reading the note before complaining "That's the latest Car. It's not fair!"

"Is it your birthday?" Uncle Arslane questioned in an eye roll.

I picked up the next box and removed the coverage seeing the next gift.

"A new phone" I announced, showing the box of the IPhone 14 pro max and the other Samsung S23 X unfold.

"Your phone got broken so I guess, I had to buy a new one" Gale explained.

"Thanks. Love you, cousin but I still hold grudges for my hair" I said with a wink, keeping it aside.

"My turn" Grandpa Amory said, giving me a black small box too while sending Grandpa Bobani a look.

"Okay" I smiled, opening the it to see that it was a ring box. I opened it and saw the name 'La Masseria' artistically engraved on a diamond fine golden ring, inwards was my initials written.

"It's the La Masseria finally ring given to each family member. You are one of us and Family one of the most important things for any Italian family. You are the only girl in more than 3 generations, the family's jewellery and princess of all. You mean the world to us and merit everything and anything. This ring symbolise our family's unity and strength during this hard times we've had for all this years that you were taken away from us. You are our strength and the memory of you kept us going, pushing our limits to find you. Kara, you don't know how much you carry on in their family as our Daughter" He said.

If the ring didn't make me cry, hearing him say that made me shed so much tears. Salvo handed me a tissue as Grnad pa wore the ring on my finger and it fitted perfectly.

"Thank you Grandpa. This really means alot to me" I said, hugging him.

He pulled away and jumped happily "Take that, old hawk"

"Who's older here, Old owl" Grandpa Bobani rolled his eyes "Jocasta, who is the favourite?"

I smiled "both of your gifts are equally great and I'm happy that you both made and effort for my 14th birthday. I will normally not want to choose between you both but since both you insist so much about this your... competition; Grandpa Enzo, your gift was great and very thoughtful. I now get to brag like Kiernan like how he does with his car but I'm making this choice on how much it actually matters and the emotions that came with the gift so I have to give it up to Grandpa Amory" I stated.

Grandpa Amory did a small happy dance infront of Grandpa Bobani making him roll his eyes in irritable while I chuckled.

"Grandma, I have to say this but even Kiley is more mature than your husband" Alro stated.

"Say that again and I will see in which house you will sleep in tonight, young man" He stated in a dark warning tone.

"Atleast that proves that you actually aren't materialistic. That's a great character to hold onto as you grow older" Uncle Rowan stated, making me smile.

"Thanks" I said, picking up another box and shaking it a little wondering what could be inside the big box.

"AWWW WHICH OF YOU GOT ME THIS HUGE TEDDY! I EFFING LOVE IT"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 4.5K 40
After his wife was captured by the rival mob, Michael Rossi goes to the bar to relieve his emotional pain. When a woman spikes his drink, he unknowin...
86.7K 2K 54
Nova was only 2 years old when she was kidnapped from her family. She has 5 older brothers and her biological parents are dead. What happens when her...
70K 1.5K 25
She has returned, changed.. She was an innocent 15-year-old girl who had been through too much to list. Silently, she fights her own battles and trie...