The Call of Home

By Midnight_studios_05

After a battle with The Hands of Time, Nadakan and Harumi. The ninja had lost their memories and are now in a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Author's note
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37

Chapter 36

34 0 0
By Midnight_studios_05

Nya's pov:

"Or we do things the hard way" Acronix said.

Nya had quickly climbed and got to the buildings to get a full view of the situation. Her friends were all surrounded, and Lloyd and Zane were used to bargaining. Blood was boiling inside of her as her fist crashed into the building.

"Okay Nya, just breath in. You have to focus and find a way to fix this." She said to herself taking deep breaths. "Alright, let's analyze this, there's no way to fight our way out of it. They'd kill Lloyd or even worse. I can't exactly trick them either. Those deidres there block any way out, and there's just too many of them."

Nya let herself fall back and lay in the building. If only Skylor was still here! Then they'd be able to at least make a distraction and fight their way out. But no, she had gone to evacuate the rest of the people in Ninjago city and wasn't back yet. The last thing she said was there were some problems outside she'd take care of, then the communication failed. Wu had informed Nya after all the commotion had calmed down from the first fight when they got back to Ninjago. But then how could she pull this off!? She can't take them all out on her own!

...Or... can she? An idea popped into her mind. It was crazy, risky and could possibly end up bad. But it was her only option. If she'd had any other option, she'd go for it. But now she ran and jumped through buildings as fast as she could. Hoping she could get who she needed on time.

"Guys! Can you hear me?" She asked while flying through the air and landing with a roll on another building.

"Sis, what's on?" Kai whispered to her.

"Kai, I need you to buy me some time. I have a plan. But I need some minutes."

"We'll try to, but hurry."

"Copy that."

After a minute, she had arrived at her location, she was near their improvised base. 'Is Jay safe?' She had asked Garmadon and Master Wu when they had gotten there. The conversation started playing on her mind.

'Yeah, he's safe Nya. you don't have to worry about it' Wu had answered. 'Where is he?' she had asked, her curiosity and worry for the boy she loved overcame her. 'He's fine, we informed him of the situation and left him to rest on the roof of the same building. Hiding in plain sight. There's no way to get there unless you can fly' Garmadon had assured her. 'Thanks' Nya said with a soft voice. 'Yeah, whatever. How about we get over with this whole mess once and for all?' Garmadon said with a smirk as he took and put on the time blades before using them alongside his brother.

Nya knew fully well she couldn't fly, but that didn't mean she couldn't reach the sky. Her destination was in sight, but a long space was between her and the building. Running even faster she jumped from the very edge. She could feel the cold sweat on her neck and forehead when her hands barely reached the edges, leaving her hanging from there. She tried to pull herself up but to no use. She was barely holding onto the building.

"Come on Nya. You can do this!" She muttered to herself while using her strength to pull herself up once again.

"Need a hand?" a playful voice asked her as a head with messy curls popped into her view, extending his hands for her.

"Jay! What are you doing?" she asked while taking his hand and pulling herself up with the extra help. Once she was up, she could see Jay was still lying on the floor. His foot didn't seem any better.

"Well, I saw you. Couldn't leave my girlfriend there. And don't take this the wrong way, I love to see you here but why are you here? What happened?" he asked, pulling himself to rest against a tube that appeared outside of the building.

"Things didn't go according to plan; I need your help. I'll explain on the way there" Nya said while standing up.

"What? What do you mean? And how do you plan to get us back there. Cause I'm assuming you have time ticking, right?" he answered.

"Well, that's why we must get there fast. As for how to get back" Nya started while picking Jay up in her arms, bridal style. Which only gained a confused and surprised look from the freckled boy who had blushed a bit. "You just hold on tight."

"My knight in shining armor. Shouldn't it be the other way around?" he asked teasingly.

"We both know that wouldn't happen" Nya answered with a chuckle before running and jumping to a nearby building and going down the ladder. Jumping from building to building while carrying someone wasn't the best idea, so she had to rely on her speed now.

After a minute or two of running and explaining, they had arrived at the place where all the commotion was happening.

"You sure this is going to work?" Jay asked while Nya placed him behind some buildings so the hands of time didn't spot him. She really didn't want to risk him more than necessary.

"Yeah, just remember to wait for my signal" She answered. The lighting ninja nodded and soon, Nya started to focus on using her powers.

Water started to come from everywhere and surrounded them, her mind focused on manipulating the liquid carefully and spreading it through the streets in a thin layer so it wouldn't be noticeable.

"Last chance Garmadon!" A voice shouted through the city. Krux. Nya snapped her eyes open and alongside Jay, they peeked to see what was going on.

"The blades or your son" Acronix said. A blade extended to reach Lloyd's neck, ready to slice it. All the others were also caught by the creatures and forced to their knees, the only ones that had seemed to fight the soldiers off were Garmadon and Wu. Both masters still had the time blades and a firm stare on the green ninja. They both shared a glance before activating their powers.

"I'll put it like this Acronix. You touch my son" Garmadon started, both him and Master Wu intensified their powers. Focusing them on the blades, which started to shine brighter or darker depending on who had them. "And we'll make sure the elemental power of time has to find some new holders."

"You wouldn't risk your son" Krux said.

"You wouldn't risk the blades"

Everyone froze. Nya couldn't take her eyes off what was happening. This was bad, like really bad. How was she supposed to take down the enemies without hurting her family if they were in their grasp!?

"What are we going to do now?" Jay asked.

"I don't know, we have to get the others free for the plan to work." Nya said, her mind tracing every possible curse of action.

"I have an idea" Jay's voice said. She couldn't have turned her head any faster, even if she tried.

"Your communicator still works, right?" he asked, still sitting where she had left him.

"Um- Yeah. What are you planning?" Nya asked while giving Jay the little device.

"To send a message" he said with a smirk while taking the communicator and peeking to see what was about to unfold. Nya could only do the same as him. "Master Wu? Garmadon? If you can hear me, nod."

Both master's face didn't change. Not for a single second did they hesitate, they only shared a glance and then nodded.

"Good thinking" Nya said, turning to face Jay again.

"Thanks" the lighting ninja said before focusing back on the communicator. "Masters, we have a plan. But we'll need your help if we want it to succeed. As soon as you see Nya, I'll need you to use the time blades. We have to get the others to break free before we can get to Lloyd and Zane."

Silence, the most unbearable silence came over them until Garmadon spotted them. His face revealed worry. "Jay, pass me the communicator" Nya said. The blue ninja passed the little earpiece to her, and she quickly started to explain a bit her plan. They couldn't waste any second.

"Alright, this is the plan. I'll create a distraction while you guys help the others. Once they're free, me and Jay will take care of the rest." Again, silence ruled the place.

"I'll take that as a yes. You ready?" Nya asked the freckled boy.

"Let's get our friends back" Jay answered with a smirk.

Nya nodded, she took a deep breath and walked to the middle of the street. Using her powers, she quickly throwed water to the time twins. The siblings felt to the ground. At the same time, Garmadon used the time blades to make the deidres go in slow motion and fast forward himself to the attack. The old sensei used his spinjitzu and started to free his students. The soldiers that held Lloyd and Zane seemed confused at the sudden attack, fortunately Harumi took them out before they could react.

Nya used her powers and water started to come from all places, surrounding not only her but almost every single soldier.

"Foolish girl!" Acronix yelled while jumping to attack Nya with a sword. She immediately concentrated some of the water on her and jumped out of the way of the blade.

"You really though some water could defeat us!" Krux said, coming to back up his brother. Both started to attack at the same time, their fighting was synchronized she almost couldn't get to attack. While Krux stumbled backwards, Acronix held his sword up not being able to get her. Nya tried to push it away with her powers, but the time twin sliced his sword to her side to get it free, slicing a painful cut on her leg.

Nya fell to one knee but quickly recovered since they didn't seem to give her a break. Both twins jumped over her, swords high. With her injured leg, she couldn't dodge the attack, so instead she used her powers to stop the blades.

While the three struggled, Nya could see the rest of her team. Most of them where once again surrounded, they where on a circle formation while the deidres closed on them. Harumi, Zane, and Lloyd weren't much better. Even though the white-haired girl had freed them, they were struggling to keep the monsters at bay. She needed to act quickly and get her plan into its final stage.

"You really though you alone could defeat us?" Krux asked, gaining the attention of Nya back.

"Of course no, that's why I brough a friend" she said with a smirk, gaining confused faces from both hands of time. At that moment, lightning was shot and reached the water she was using to defend herself. Nya immediately let go of the water but kept it still to hold the swords of the time twins. Their expressions were shocked, not only by seeing the power they thought was gone, but also by realizing her plan. They had fallen in it.

Lightning reached the water and electrocuted the sword and the twins, making them pass out. Nya extended her power, making water reach her and get to the rest of the soldiers surrounding her friends. As soon as the liquid touched the deidres, electricity run straight through them and just like the masters. They all fell unconscious. As much as she wanted, Nya couldn't take too long to check on the others before going back to manipulate the liquid.

It just took a moment before all the enemies had fallen, but she was tired.

"Nya!" Lloyd's voice said while running towards her and leaving his father behind. He trapped her in a hug.

"I'm glad you're okay" she said, returning the hug.

"You're hurt" Kai's voice said as he kneeled next to her. "it's not that bad" she replied.

"Nya- how? How did you do that?" Cole asked her.

"Well, she got a little help" a voice said. Everyone turned to look at the end of the street where Master Wu was helping Jay walk towards them. Nya couldn't help but smirk at him.

"Jay! What are you doing?!" Cole asked as he rushed towards his best friend.

"Couldn't just leave you guys like that."

"I can't believe you actually managed to pull this off" Kai said with a smirk.

"We aren't done yet hair gel" she said.

"On that you're right" a raspy voice said. Everyone turned to see a blade directing towards her. The thing that shocked everyone was not the fact Acronix was still conscious or that he'd tried to impale her with his sword. But the person who had moved in front of her and taken the hit instead.

"NO!" Garmadon's voice shouted as he rushed like a blur towards Acronix and punched him, making him pass out again. Kai was just as shocked as Nya, he took the green ninja and let him rest on his lap while taking the blade out. The blond boy grunted as the metal left his flesh, then he rested back on Kai's lap.

"No, no, no, no, no. This can't happen. It can't!" Akita mumbled to herself while reaching Lloyd.

Nya quickly started to use her power to concentrate on cleaning the wound and trying to make it heal. But it was a deep wound, they needed to reach a hospital. Fast. To their bad luck, they weren't near any. And there wouldn't be any doctors.

"No, Lloyd. Lloyd. Buddy, listen to me. Okay? Just listen to my voice. Don't close your eyes. We'll get you help. Just hang on, please" Kai repeated to him, but the shock on Lloyd's face kept his eyes on the wound. Just when Kai started to repeat the same things time and time again did his sight moved to face him and the ones nearest. Akita was reaping of her sleeves and cape and used them to try and stop the blood from coming out.

Garmadon was motion less by his side. Only when Lloyd turned to him and took his hand, the master of destruction breath again.

"Dad..." Lloyd said. He was frightened, and it didn't change by any means.

"Don't worry Lloyd...We'll- we'll fix this. I'll fix this. Just...just look at me. Okay?" Garmadon said, tightening his grip on Lloyd's hand. Nya could detect actual care and worry from him; it broke her heart. Lloyd was like her little brother; she wouldn't let him down. No, he wasn't going anywhere.

"I'm.... tired..." the green boy said, his eyes had started to fell. It looked like he was falling asleep. "Lloyd no!" she cried, sobs starting to form on her throat.

"I-I know Lloyd, but you can't close your eyes. I forbid you from closing your eyes!" Garmadon said, his voice rising. But it didn't change anything, the green eyes were closing.

"Lloyd! Don't you dare to close your eyes! Don't you dare to leave! You can't die, don't die on me Lloyd! LLOYD!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 155 32
A new generation of Ninjas rise to protect the world while the former Ninja step back and take a breather. But something great calls for the former N...
16.8K 730 35
Taking over a small country is a matter of planning. Outmanuvering one's opponents is a a matter of intelligence. Working with sentient reptiles is...
42 1 31
As years go by Sophia begins to gain memories of a life, a past she once had. Can she consider her return to the throne a day dream or a nightmare sp...
33.1K 772 13
{COMPLETED BOOK} Jay has a new invention, he thinks it just hit people with a little shock, but it is quite the opposite. Kai got hit and his fire po...