Beating Around The Bush (Teen...

By boxxieofbox

My adhd brain has a new hyper fixation 😬 rip everyone that is waiting for me to update my other stuff...anyw... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 28

236 12 0
By boxxieofbox

(Y/n) appeared in the living room of her apartment. In one hand was her green roller skates and phone. In her other was a small bag of snacks and drinks from a nearby gas station. The girl set her skates on the floor and her phone carefully on her wooden table as a soft content sigh left her mouth. A small chorus of 'your back' and 'welcome home's filled her ears from the various different plants around her.

(Y/n) walked to her kitchen and placed the things she'd bought in her fridge and in her pantry before walking over to her large windows. The girl swung the large windows open before taking a seat in the window sill. She draped her arms over her legs as she placed her head on her arm.

It had been about an hour or so since she had left the Titans to their own devices. The rising sun left a soft orange glow over the city. (Y/n)'s gaze stayed on the sunrise as a soft breeze flowed through her hair and into her home. Multiple different thoughts were walking slowly through her mind as she let small stems, leaves, and small rose buds grow from her skin.

A few soft vines wrapped around her as they made themselves at home on her body. Small worried responses came from the plants regarding her current state. "I'm fine, but I'm worried about Robin. He seemed out of it...way out of it." The girl said softly to the plants around her. 'Worried?' 'Why?' 'Is he injured?' The voices said softly. "He wasn't acting like himself, or maybe this is just the new him? I-I don't know...he was acting like how Batman acted when facing the Joker."

'Was it not Batman?' 'That's not like Robin.' 'Why are you not with him?' They said making (Y/n) let out a sigh as she turned her gaze to the now soft blooming wild flowers on her hands. "It's none of my business. Robin...he can handle himself. He doesn't need me...a-and I don't need him. Not anymore. He'll be fine. Plus, he has his team of friends that are there for him." She said trying to convince herself she made the right decision.

"Y-yeah...I'm sure they're all fine." 'All?' 'You've grown softer.' 'You care for them.' "No I don't. A-and I haven't 'grown softer!'" (Y/n) lied through her teeth while making air quotes. 'It is not bad.' 'This quality is good for you.' 'If you care about the heroes, why not help them?' 'Are your emotions still...what was the word?' 'Complicated?' 'Yes, complicated?' The girl rolled her eyes as she pulled the plants that weren't part of her off her hands. She carefully placed them on the walls next to her as she glared down at her lap.

'You miss him.' "I don't miss him. Not anymore." The girl said softly. 'You're lying.' 'You're allowed to miss him.' 'Does he miss you?' 'Why wouldn't he?' The last comments made the girl let out a small laugh. "Yeah, he definitely misses me." She said sarcastically before her half smile dropped completely.

"Maybe if I hadn't left...things would be different." The girl said thinking about how it was like before she left Gotham. 'This city was a good change for you.' 'If you did not leave, you wouldn't be who you are today.' One of the plants said making the girl sigh. "Who knows? Maybe I would've stayed on this hero path he tried so desperately to make for me." (Y/n) said as she thought about all the times Robin had tried defending her actions to Batman. 'You did not like being there.' "So what if I didn't like it...maybe things would be different. Maybe we could've..." (Y/n) voice trailed off as a single stem and bright red rose grew in her hand.

The teen stared at the soft petals of the rose that she held gently by the stem. Similar bright red roses crawled through her cheeks the longer she stared at the rose. The bright red color felt like it was mocking her emotions. "Who am I kidding? I grew attached to the Robin I knew in Gotham. Everything is different here." The girl said as she pulled the red petals out of her cheeks. "I've...changed. I feel more in control of myself and I'm happy with what I do. I've made a place for people like me to not feel the pressure of being...well...them. A-and I've made some amazing friends here!" 'She's right.' 'This city is good for her.' 'She needed the change.'

"But for Robin, I don't know anything about the new him. He practically ignored my entire existence for two years." A soft defeated sigh left her mouth. "All I know is that he hates my stupid guts. I can't say I blame him either." (Y/n) said as she unconsciously let her emotions go through the single rose. The blooming flower dried out in her hands and flaked away completely void of any life.

'Do you hate him?' The plants words repeated a few times in (Y/n)'s mind as she tried to think of an answer before shaking her head no. '(Y/n), does he hate you?' "I'm not sure." 'Has he said he hates you?' "Not blatantly, no." 'How are you so positive of his emotions when he has not told you?' "His actions and other words tell me he hates me." (Y/n) said as she took a deep breath staring back into the rising sun.

The girl only received a couple minutes of peace before her phone started ringing. (Y/n) glanced to her phone that had been left on her coffee table. She couldn't see who was calling her, but she didn't feel like answering. The loud ringtone flowed through the air for a small while before it finally cut off. A relieved sigh left (Y/n)'s mouth as she made herself more comfortable in her spot on the window sill.

The teens eyes slowly closed as the sun's soft rays hit her building lighting up the room around her. The only thing she wanted to do was take a nap under the warm sun. Her moment of peace was cut off as her phone rang loudly again. An irritated groan left her mouth as she made a stem grab her phone bringing it towards her. She didn't even bother looking at who was calling her before answering.

"Hello?" (Y/n) asked, her annoyed tone shining through. "Perci! Perci, we are in dire need of your locating abilities!" Starfire's voice came through the phone loud and panicked. "Huh? Why do you need me to-" (Y/n) said before something clicked in her mind. "Does this have to do with Slade? I've told Robin a million times already. I don't know where he is! It's not my day to watch him, and it never will be my day to watch him." (Y/n) said becoming more annoyed each time the group asked her about the man.

"I wish it were merely that." Starfire said making (Y/n) start to become worried. "Merely that? What happened? Are you guys okay?!" (Y/n)'s questions rushed out and there was a pause from Star's end. "We can not find Robin." The girl over the phone said and (Y/n) heard the worry in her voice. "H-hey, it's gonna be okay. Believe me, Robin's a lot tougher than he looks." (Y/n) said as she wasted no time getting off the window sill. She closed the windows with the phone pressed to her ear.

"I-I'm sure it's nothing. But just in case, I'll meet you guys at the tower in ten minutes, got it? Ten minutes. I'm going to see if I can pick up anything on my end." (Y/n) said as she herself started to become worried about the boy wonder. "Do you believe he might be harmed?" Star started to say before trailing off. Her voice was filled with concern for her friend. "To be honest with you, Starfire, I'm not sure. We'll talk more at the tower." (Y/n) said not giving Starfire a chance to respond as she hung up.

(Y/n) said a quick goodbye to the plants in her home before she dispersed into her own root system throughout the city. The girl spent a bit more than ten minutes trying to get information on Robin's whereabouts, before finally emerging in the Titans living room.

"I bet she's not even planning on showing up!" Beast Boy said as he threw his hands up making Perci raise a brow at him. The green hero had his back to her and the other Titans had all been facing where she emerged. "Why wouldn't I show up?" Perci asked making Beast Boy jump with a fearful yell.

"Anyone want to fill me in on what's going on?" Perci asked as she placed a hand on her hip. "How do you guys lose a whole ass person? Sorry, scratch that. How do you lose a whole ass Robin? Asking for a friend cause that might become incredibly useful in the future." She said crossing her arms over her chest.

The group explained rather briefly of what had happened with them and Slade. Perci was pinching the bridge of her nose as the Titans finished their story. "Let me get this straight. With how cuckoo crazy wonder boy has been acting...you, as a team, decided to just leave him to fight Cinderblock? While an entire thing with Slade was going on?" Perci asked.

"He said he could handle Cinderblock on his own." Cyborg said and Perci rolled her eyes. "Robin was the one who told us to keep going." Starfire added. "We don't even know why Cinderblock was there in the first place." Raven said as she started to become suspicious as to the true intention behind Cinderblock.

"Okay, everyone do me a favor. Have a short and sweet villain arc so I'm no longer the one that has to explain this stuff to you." Perci said annoyed. Her annoyed tone making the Titans annoyed with her. The girl walked over to their computer and started typing. "When it comes to guys like Slade, every move they make is super crazy calculated. They take into account just about every area they might fail and adjust their plans accordingly." Perci explained.

"So you're saying, Slade planned for Robin to break off from us?" Beast Boy asked and Perci nodded. "But why would he do that?" Starfire asked making Raven speak up. "He does have an extremely close eye on Robin." "Exactly! To find out where Robin is, we need to figure out where he went after his fight with Cinderblock. Cyborg, can you hack into the cameras right around here? Maybe we'll be able to see just what he did after the fight." Peci said while a map of the sewers was pulled up onto their screen. A red circle was on the map showing the general area Robin was in for his fight with Cinderblock.

"Do you think Robin might be..." Beast Boy trailed off making Perci laugh. "Dead? Have you guys even met Robin? He's waaaay too stubborn to be dead. He better not be dead though, cause once we find him, I'm gonna kill him." Perci said while Cyborg hacked into the cameras.

The group watched as they saw a strange angle of Robin fighting off Cinderblock. "Let me fast forward a bit." Cyborg said doing just that. The group watched as Robin took down Cinderblock. What caught Perci's attention was Robin taking something from the enemy's hand before heading off in a direction through the sewers.

"Can we follow the cameras to see where he went?" Raven asked and Cyborg shook his head no. "Why not?" Beast Boy asked. "There aren't any cameras that way through the sewers." Cyborg explained. "We need to search all of the cameras. We must find Robin." Starfire said waiting for them to start looking through all the cameras.

"We can't check every single security camera, Starfire." Cyborg said, but it only made her upset. "Yes we can! You are choosing to not do so!" Starfire yelled. "We know you're worried, but there's hours and hours of video feed we'd have to sift through." Raven tried to explain only to be interrupted. "Then we will do the sifting!" Starfire said becoming more upset.

"Hey, we'll find him, okay?" Perci said as she placed a comforting hand on the princess' shoulder before turning back to the computer. "Good news and bad news though." Perci said before typing more. The more she typed the more green dots appeared on the map. "These are a few of the areas around that have cameras that I also have my roots dug into. Bad news is Robin didn't go anywhere near these areas." Perci said making Beast Boy cross his hands over his chest.

"So what's the good news?" "We don't have to go through hours of footage from crappy cameras." Perci said with a smile while the others stared at her with blank expressions. "Now there is an area that I haven't been able to...dig my feet into. The soil is an absolute mess. It's far too wet, there's way too much clay, it's highly acidic, and there's a strange electric current that sometimes runs through the soil from the nearby power plants." Perci said while the others stared at her confused.

"What does that have to do with Robin?" Starfire asked. A proud smirk covered Perci's cheeks as she typed on the computer. "That area is in the exact direction Robin was heading." Perci said making another red circle appear on the screen.

"Now here's where it gets more complicated. You four can't go anywhere near this place." "What?!" The titans yelled at Perci. "Think about it. This could be a massive trap for you guys." Perci explained. "So what do you suggest we do?" Cyborg asked. "Give me a communicator." Perci said making the others even more confused. "Y-you want to be...a Titan?" Starfire asked. "I thought you weren't into heroes." Raven said and Perci rolled her eyes.

"That's not what I meant. I meant give me the communicator so we can keep better contact. I'm going to dig around some more, poke around, cash in a few favors, do some stuff here and there to see what I can find out about that area. I'll let you know if I find anything. I'd like it if you gave me the same curtesy. This way we're not missing out on any information." Perci said and Raven gave her a communicator. "Thanks. Stay safe, don't do anything I wouldn't, and keep me posted." Perci said before dispersing through the vents of Titans tower.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 12.9K 30
Do you believe in romance and friendship? Of fairytales and magic? Do you believe...in Peter Pan? - You still believe in a legend you hear of when y...
1.1M 49.9K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
704K 43.1K 108
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
687K 33.9K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...