𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭π₯𝐞 π’πœπšπ«π¬/𝐑. οΏ½...

By Scoopiax

Nova Dixon was known for causing unrest and being involved in delicate business like her brothers. The demise... More

BATTLE SCARS
Playlist
Act One
Prolog
01. - new acquaintances
02. - Love among brothers and sisters
04.- Anger
05.- association
06. - devotion
07. - the voice
08.- Mother & Daughter
09.- Rick Grimes
10.-campfire

03. - recording

195 11 6
By Scoopiax

TW! Mentions of violence and abuse.

Camp

Year 2010

✧・゚: ✧・

For an hour the policeman had been looking for Nova Dixon near the camp, unaware that she had been freed by her Big Brother. The brown-haired young woman was constantly turning from side to side, disturbing the restful sleep of her two children, Cassy and Aspen.
She stood up with a sigh from her sleeping bag and reached for her knife next to her pillow. The woman looked at her sleeping children and quietly opened the zipper of her tent and got out. She pulled the zipper up again and looked around the camp.

Dale looked nervously and didn’t look calm. On closer inspection, she also knew why. The tree the Dixon sat on is empty. She was no longer sitting there and at the latest now it clicked on her. The woman is gone.
Ginny swallowed and stroked her curly hair.

It doesn’t mean anything good and she broke the recording herself. Some were in favor, others against, but Kaia’s voice would have decided everything, and as Ginny knew Shane’s wife, she would have voted to record Nova and her brothers. She was the only one who could convince the camp. Many listen to her because she’s Shane’s wife and Shane is somehow the leader here.

,,Dale!" She whispered to the older man, who was now looking down at her. A touch of worry settled on his face. 
,,You shouldn't be out here." Ginny smiled and pulled out the knife she always carries with her. ,,I can defend myself." Said Ginny.  ,,Where is Shane?" Dale’s face escaped a deep sigh. He pointed in one direction and the young woman nodded. She made her way in this direction and disappeared between two trees, which were close together.

The policeman looked with his rifle and noticed the uninvited guest next to him. He looked around with his mouth open and his eye sharp.
Ginny knew what she had to do. ,,You shouldn’t be out here without a gun." Shane began the conversation as he continued to look around. ,,Shane, we should keep looking when it’s bright out here again. At night we see nothing and her hands are tied up, she will not get far." Shane took down the gun and turned to Ginny.

,,She had some help. The rope was cut with a knife, possibly by her brothers." Ginny swallowed and then nodded. He's right. ,,Then let me back you up. It’s really too dangerous on its own." Shane knew he wouldn’t get rid of that woman so quickly.  Ginny was the dearest person he knew, but she could kill, she had already proven that. With the knife she was far better than with the gun and maybe he could use it to his advantage.

,,All right, but stay close." Ginny nodded and lifted her knife.  She wanted to find Nova, she had to,  Nova knows where the camp is and her brothers know it  too. So they were a danger to them all.
Ginny knew that this would not end well, they should have just recorded she, then the problem would not be as it is now.

,,Shane, I want to be honest", Started Ginny and followed the policeman through the forest of the quarry. Shane didn’t say a word, he didn’t have to, Ginny knew he was listening to her.
,,I think we would have taken Nova and her brothers right away and tested their story if this hadn’t happened. Her impression of us is now disturbed and she sees us as her enemies, as well as her brothers." Shane stopped. He turned his head to Ginny and put a finger on his lips to convey calm to her.
Ginny immediately stopped moving and stayed exactly as she is while Shane lifted his rifle, ready to shoot.

Ginny knew he heard something, even if she didn’t.  She followed his steps through the dark forest and tried to step exactly where he steps. It was really difficult, especially because Ginny has no experience with such a thing.
She stopped as well as he stopped and the young woman pushed behind her to protect her if anything happened.

The cracking of the branches and the whirling of the leaves now heard Ginny. It was something that did not come from the trees, it was regular and very similar to steps. Her pulse shot up and her heartbeat accelerated. She put a reflex hand on Shane’s strong upper arm and looked slightly past him. Her blue eyes stared directly into the darkness of the forest, only the sky allowed some light.

Her breathing accelerated, and Shane lifted his rifle with his run directly in the direction of the steps. Ginny prepared to kill a walker or face a human when a figure stepped out of the darkness. Her posture was upright, her body petite and thin, she looked a bit emaciated but the familiar face really pleased Ginny.

Relief Flows through her body and Shane lowered his rifle. A sigh escaped his throat and he approached the young woman, who he immediately closed in his arms and put his lips briefly on hers, rather he scanned her body for injuries. Ginny followed them and stopped close to them.

,,You look like you saw a ghost." Kaia smiled and put her hand on her husband’s cheek, rather looking at Ginny. Her expression was worried, and when she noticed Shane looking at her and then lowered his head with a sigh, Kaia knew something had happened.

,,Have the walkers from the city arrived here?" Ginny shook her head. ,,No, but something else happened." Said Ginny. Kaia looked at her husband and asked him what had happened. ,,A woman came along here, said she was looking for a place to stay for her two brothers and herself. She wanted help to find her husband and child." Kaia nodded. She didn’t see the problem with the whole thing and brushed the oily brown hair out of her face.

,,And?" She asked Shane to keep talking and explain more. He looked at Ginny, who sighed and was forced to speed things up. ,,Shane arrested her, tied her up and tied her to a tree and wanted the camp to vote if we would check her story. Your voice was still missing and now it’s the woman gone. She knows where the camp is." Kaia sighed and looked slightly angry at her husband, who took the rifle under his armpits. ,,I admit that was wrong, Kaia."
,,That was stupid, Shane. Now she’ll think we want to hurt her and that means her brothers will be disappointed. This is a fucking dumb start!" Ginny nodded and completely agreed with Kaia, so Shane sighed and stroked his face. He didn’t understand why women always ally against you.

,,We have to find her. Did she say where her brothers and they are? Maybe she’ll return there. If this is the case, we can fix it and clarify it." Ginny thought that Kaia would be a much better leader for the camp as long as there was even a leader. ,,About a mile from this camp here." Kaia nodded and wanted to run, but Shane grabbed her wrist and pulled her back immediately.

,,Not you and certainly not at night!" He literally determined it.  But Kaia was not a woman to be commanded. ,,mAt dawn we scare the camp or it is already too late and she sees us as her enemies. If we go now, we can settle this without calling on the camp and frightening the children." Shane and Ginny thought about it. Ginny was the same opinion as Kaia anyway.  He had no chance against the two women, so he nodded and cleared his throat.

,,Stay close to me, guns up and no going it alone." His voice was strict and serious. The two women agreed and gave each other a smile rather than following the policeman through the forest. At night it was really a risk, especially because the trees offered so much protection, but what choice did they have? They had to protect the Camp and in the morning it might actually be too late.

The two women followed Shane through the forest, paying attention to every little sound, even when they came from the branches of the trees and left shadows on the ground through the glowing moon.
Both women were tense and it was perhaps not the smartest thing they did here, but also not the dumbest. Ginny had done many stupid things with her brother as a child, really stupid things.

It seemed as if she had only got the push in the right direction when she was diagnosed with leukemia. Luckily for her, she had defeated him, but he could break out at any time. She had prepared for it, but Ginny couldn’t worry about when that would happen. At the moment she had to be there for her children and she had to fight here until she is in Virginia with her brother, if he is still alive.

Quite a while passed until they finally reached wires and immediately came to a stop.
Shane raised his hand to tell the two women to be careful and pointed to a tent in which 3 shadows could be seen.
Ginny swallowed the lump stuck in her throat.

,,That’s what I’m trying to fucking do, Merle shut the fuck up and just do it!" It was the voice of Nova switching through the tent. ,,What do you think I’m trying to do right now, sis?"
,,Then do it too!" She probably yelled at her brother. Kaia raised her eyebrows as a scream sounded from the tent, followed by a muffled noise and a dangerous cracking. Ginny winced and pointed in the same direction as the others.

,,At least she said the truth." Ginny whispered and looked at the walker. ,,We shoot him, they know we’re there when he do run against the wire they know it too." Kaia whispered to them. Ginny raised the knife. ,,I'll do that." Shane wanted to stop the young woman, but Ginny had already started and ran straight towards the walker, which immediately turned in her direction and began to groan and gurgle. Ginny swallowed and lifted the knife, her hand put it around the throat of the biter, which stretched out his arms to hers and tried to pull her close.

The young woman bit her teeth on each other and stabbed his head with a knife.  The groaning and gurgling disappeared, his arms fell down and Ginny was taken by surprise by the weight. Surprised, she stumbled back a few steps, rather she finally fell forward with the walker.
An unbelievable squeaking noise sounded and Ginny screamed in fear. With her hands she caught herself and the discussion in the tent fell silent. Kaia stroked her forehead, and Shane let his rifle sink, sighing, muttering something while Ginny looked at the Divided walker cut through the wire. If she had fallen a few inches further it would have hit her.

She raised her eyes and looked directly into the face of Nova Dixon and her two brothers. The younger of the two men held his crossbow at her, while the older held his gun at Shane and Kaia.
Ginny knew she had beaten it up, and if they died, it was her own fault.

──────────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.3K 2.2K 43
Life wasn't as peachy as 11 year old girl (Y/N) Dixon thought it would be. Her life torn apart and changed forever thanks to the living dead. I DON'...
1.6K 77 16
In a post-apocalyptic world where the dead come back and eat the living, Maevys Grimes finds herself clinging to the last shred of her humanity as sh...
66.1K 1.5K 48
Romance should be the last thing on her mind once the world ended- and it was... until she met Daryl Dixon. While trying to adapt to the way the new...
37K 930 49
"feeling so tired, really falling apart" t.walking dead daryl dixon x fem! oc season 1 - season 11 slow burn start: april 18, 2022 WARNING: any imag...