Rivannah

By BlackCoffeeAndRoses

Born in a royal family and revered by all, Rivannah Rathore is the 19 year old Princess of Bhawanigarh, who... More

Cast 🎬
Duties and Destiny
Bravery and Battles
Stumbles and Surprises
An Apathetic Alliance
Humility and Hiraeth
Secrets and Sonder
Rame and Clashes
Enigma and Ethereal
Vikram and Abhimanyu
Anger and Schemes
Trust and Friendship
Kindred and Evil
Guilt and Grief
Storms and Hurricanes
Riva and Vikram
Envy and Honour
Need and Care
Red and Rapture
Goa Diaries Part I
Goa Diaries Part II
Goa Diaries Part III
Goa Diaries Part IV
Goa Diaries Part V
Lies and Love
Young and Reckless
Birthday and Betrayal
Marriage and Mayhem
AbhiRiva Part I
AbhiRiva Part II

Hope and Agony

103 6 1
By BlackCoffeeAndRoses

The spacious room was lit up by crystal chandeliers, expensive paintings and brass animal heads adorned the walls. The rosewood table in the middle was filled with exotic snacks and tea. Abhimanyu sat in front of the hostess, his expression sombre and apologetic.

" So this is the man." Badi Maharani-sa whispered, her hands shaking, as she gave the photo back to him.

" I recognised him instantly."

"He is the trusted aide of Nayantara Ranawat." Badi Maharani-sa said resolutely," I should've realised it sooner, only she would move in the shadows and attack from the back.That family never stopped coveting Madhopur fields. But one of my sons must be helping them on the inside."

 Abhimanyu admitted, " This isn't a good enough proof to incriminate them."

" Justice needs proofs or evidences, Abhimanyu. I want revenge for my son, not justice." She said her eyes blazing like embers.

 It had been years since she had said Nayantara's name aloud.The bitter rivalry between them, of gracefulness and nobility when they were young girls, of splendour and riches when they became Queens, was finally going to end. She would destroy her, once and for all.

" I know the enemy. It's only a matter of time." Badi Maharani-sa sighed, " Rivannah cannot stay in Prathampura now. I'll send her back to the US, like I should have, in the first place.Even with her fake identity, she might become our weakness."

" I disagree!" Abhimanyu exclaimed and cleared his throat awkwardly, " They would never expect her to hide in their own territory. You have my word that she's perfectly safe."

Badi Maharani-sa was too preoccupied to notice the unease in his voice.

                                                                                            *

Vikram hurried out of the exam room, crumpling his last exam paper. As per the tradition, his group would celebrate the end of exams with a camping trip. He had already decided their destination and was going to meet his gang to discuss the details.

 Just as he passed by a shady Banyan tree, his eyes fell on a lone figure, dressed in white kurti. She was struggling to balance a heavy book and the paper in her hands.

" I guess no one told you." Vikram smirked, leaning against the tree, " It's a sin to study after  exams." 

" I'm just checking a doubtful question." Riva protested, hiding the paper," And it's really none of your business."

" Well, I wouldn't be so sure of that." Vikram said teasingly, holding out his hand for her, " Come on now. Club meeting in five."

" But we don't have any fest coming up." Riva pointed out, ignoring his hand.

 Something behind his honey eyes was causing chills down her spine. She exhaled sharply when he leaned down in front of her, putting a stern hand on her shoulder, brows pinched with a serious expression and his warm breath fanning her face.

" I'm in no mood to answer questions." He said with hint of warning, " And the consequences of disagreeing with me our beyond your imagination.Just come with me, will you?" 

Rivannah was overwhelmed by his touch and her heard quivered at the threat laced in his words. Vikram domineering aura never affected her like this. Every protest and argument died on her lips.Her hurt pride was long buried under the strong sense of self-preservation.

As if compelled to obey, she nodded her head. 

He threw his head back and started laughing, "Gotcha!" 

                                                                                                  *

" No, not happening." Riva shook her head repeatedly.

" If you won't agree, then we'll kidnap you from your house." Maitreyi said strongly," Devgarh isn't that far away, it's just four hours. You don't wanna miss Vikram shrieking at insects. It's hilarious."

" I'll have to ask Abh-my family." Riva covered the slip-up, " And Ambika aunty. They would never allow me to go with uh, boys."

" Oh, please! I'll persuade them!" Maitreyi said brightly, " You know what? Bring Aditi along too! And don't worry, these boys are as harmless as flies."

Riva felt the burden of everyone's eyes on her. If she disagreed anymore, it would be both rude and suspicious. She nodded reluctantly, knowing too well that she would have to lie to Abhimanyu. He was extremely protective of her, ever since she got kidnapped in Goa.

Maitreyi squealed in excitement and engulfed her in a bear hug. 

                                                                                                   *

Vikram adjusted his rear view mirror, so it showed the pair of hazel eyes he adored. Riva was smiling at Maitreyi's elaborate tale about his fear of insects (in his defence, they crawl and wiggle) 

" Dude, I'm the one who's driving." Shaurya whisper-yelled, from behind the wheel. 

" My car, my rules." Vikram murmured, his eyes affixed on the mirror.

He heard Shaurya mumble something about being whipped. He didn't like-like her, but his heart fluttered every time she glanced at him, his lips curved every time she laughed, and his brain turned to mush every time she talked to him. 

" By the way," Shaurya cleared his throat, " I've heard of this shortcut through Madhopur. It's supposed to save at least an hour. How about we brave the day and arrive early?"

" Isn't it dangerous?The elders say Madhopur is full of dacoits." Aditi said nervously.

" But it's broad daylight! No one's going to try any shit.The robbers are old news." Maitreyi rolled her eyes, " We're already quite behind the others. We should make up for it."

" I guess then it'll be fine." Aditi shrugged, her fingers twiddling with her dupatta. 

The whole village of Madhopur was surrounded by rumours and stereotypes. The stories of barbaric bandits who looted and killed passengers were popular in the neighbouring towns. The village was also suspected for illegal growing of drugs but no one knew the secrets of the small, dilapidated and eerie settlement.

" The dacoits are just a cover." Vikram said matter-of-factly, " There are vast fields of opium poppies in that village. The person who runs the place doesn't want to be found out, hence the incredulous stories."

 Riva inhaled a sharp breath, her nails biting into her forearm. She felt a terrible guilt in her heart. Madhopur was one of her father's illegal businesses.She didn't want to see or hear about the place. It made her question her father and her perception of him.

" Now I'm curious to see Madhopur!" Maitreyi exclaimed, cutting the tension.

" Um...is it just me, or is someone following us?" Shaurya said worriedly, looking at the rear view mirror repeatedly.

" What? But we haven't even reached Madho-" 

" Slow down for a bit." Vikram instructed, narrowing his eyes at the silver Volvo trailing behind them. He read the number plate and swore in frustration.

" It's Soha. And her idiotic brother." he said furiously," I warned her that she can't come! She always tries to ruin our plans!"

" Chill, Vikram. Let her do what she wants." Maitreyi patted his shoulder, " Soha will give up if we don't give her the attention."

Vikram grumbled about 'teaching her a lesson when he gets home' and fiddled with the radio, until it started blaring out Kishore Kumar songs. He wasn't into the Bollywood crap people listened to these days. He loved old songs ever since he was a child, courtesy of his mother.

" Ugh, here we go again." Shaurya complained dramatically.

Vikram started singing along Pal pal dil ke paas, keeping his gaze on her reflection. He didn't know whether she knew that he was singing for her, but Riva listened so intently, that he almost felt that she did. 

The highway gave into levelled dirt roads, and a dusty marker declared it to be Madhopur. Riva peered at the lush fields and overgrown foliage far beyond. The car abruptly stopped, due to the high speed,  everyone jerked forward.

" What the hell?" Shaurya hissed, ramming his foot on the accelerator. 

Vikram had collided with the dashboard and held his throbbing head. Through blurred eyes he saw a large group of people surrounding the car. He heard the  door slamming open and a girl screaming and swearing, but the pain got worse and he was out.

                                                                                      *

" Oh, look...I think he's alive."

Vikram twitched when cold and wet licked his face. He opened his weary eyes and was disoriented for a few moments. He was in a musty and dark room that reeked of suspiciously like animal waste. It was a dream... he is fast asleep listening to Khoya khoya chaand.

" Vikram, wake up. We're in trouble." a soft voice said.

His vision cleared and Riva was looking at him concernedly. He couldn't make sense of his surroundings, they seemed to be in some sort of shed. A weird looking cow was standing next to him, smelling his shirt with its wide nostrils.

" What the fuck!" he shrieked, wobbling away from the confused animal.

" The cow is the last thing to freak over." Riva said pointedly, " We've been kidnapped. Nobody knows we're stuck here. No help is going to come until it's too late."

Vikram dusted away mud and hay from his pants, looking around to find Shaurya, Aditi and Maitreyi, all weary and tired, sitting around the dark shed.

" What do you mean?" Vikram growled.

" Don't you hear it?" Riva shrugged, " The shehnai and brass band? There's wedding going outside."

"These people are cannibals and we're going to be served as main course!" Maitreyi bemoaned her fate.

" We've talked about this, Mae." Aditi shook her head in dismay, " It's a forced groom marriage. I've seen it on TV. Otherwise they wouldn't have kidnapped us in broad daylight."

" Forced groom?" Vikram repeated blankly.

" They must be trying to marry some girl off. What better way than to grab a guy and put him on gunpoint!" Shaurya whined. 

" You guys are kidding me, right?" Vikram harrumphed, " I'm a royal. There's no fucking way they can coerce-"

As if on cue, the tin door rattled open, a swarthy and pot-bellied man came inside. He gazed curiously at them before speaking, " These idiots can't even do a simple job properly. Chief told them to find one suitable groom. They got us two. How will I chose who's better for Kalawati?!"

Vikram growled in frustration, and fisted his palms to tackle the strange man. He was a noble and accustomed to everyone bending to his will. He wasn't going to be ordered by these bastards. 

He felt a jolt of surprise when a soft hand grabbed his clenched fists. Riva's fingers intertwined with his and she shook her head slightly. A swarm of  butterflies spread through his stomach.

" What are you looking at?" The man yelled behind his shoulder, " The Chief isn't going to wait for long. Just pick one of them and start the ceremony!"

Vikram's temporary bliss disappeared. He didn't have his phone or his gun that was kept in the car. There's no way his Dadi-sa could help him here. If he said anything about his family...he'll be in more trouble. He glanced at Shaurya who was trying to hide behind Aditi and Maitreyi's short statures.Coward.

" This one will do." The dark man pointed at Vikram, " He looks like an angry young man, doesn't he?" 

 Riva's hand slipped away from his and she said firmly, " I want to talk to your Chief."

" He's the leader of Madhopur. He doesn't talk to lowly women." the man snickered, "But don't worry, we won't keep you long. Once the jabariah shaadi is over, you can be on your merry way!"

" Listen, bastard. You can't treat women like cattle. Kalawati will ruin her life by marrying a complete stranger. A marriage built like that is an insult to the sacred bond." Riva glared at him, " You can rob things from people, but you can't rob someone's life. Men like you are stains on humanity."

" You have quite a tongue, don't you?" the man snarled, " Fine! I'll take you to the Chief! If he doesn't set you right, my name isn't Daku Singh!"

                                                                                                *

" Couldn't you hold your tongue? Who cares what happens to Kalawati, once we get out of here?!" Maitreyi complained in a harsh whisper, as two bandits escorted them into the village.

" It was just a ruse." Riva admitted, " We can't sacrifice Shaurya or Vikram. We have to choose a third alternative."

" These women have been suppressed for years." Maitreyi pointed out, " You won't be able to invoke Kalawati's feminist side."

" I'm not an idiot. Have some faith in me." Riva said softly. 

A decorated wedding alter came into their view, surrounded by a crowd of villagers. She could feel the piercing gaze of the men and women (from under their veils) She saw a girl clad in deep red, sitting in the mandap. 

" Khamma ghani." Riva greeted an old man with a thick moustache. She knew he was the Sarpanch because everyone was treating him with reverence and respect.

" I know your customs and traditions are important to you." She said in Marwari, "You want to secure a good future for your daughters and granddaughters, snatching a man off the roads is your only option. But I had to step forward to stop you from doing this sin and injustice to your daughter. God will never forgive you if you don't heed my words."

" Stop twisting words, ladki!" someone yelled.

" What are you doing?" Maitreyi said through clenched teeth, intimidated by the severe glares.

" The two boys who came with us are not normal." Riva lied smoothly, " They are gay."

" What?!" Maitreyi shrieked, and was drowned in the roar of the crowd.

" I doubt you've heard of this before. It's when a man likes another man romantically. They don't look at women that way. It's perfectly acceptable in cities and towns." Riva continued lying, " I had to tell you, before it's too late. "

"Those two have been in a relationship for a long, long time." Maitreyi added enthusiastically.

" What nonsense are you spouting?!" the Sarpanch yelled, " I'm not a fool, chorri! There's no such thing as-"

" It's true, Dadu-sa." a young boy said, " I've also seen it on TV!"

" My son, Mukund lives in the city." an old woman said sharply, "He told me about this. What has the world come to!"

" I understand that Kalawati must be married today. Your honour and dignity cannot be tarnished. Even after knowing everything, if you still wish to choose a groom-" Riva played her trump card.

" No, no way! I'd rather die than allow such a scandalous wedding!" the Sarpanch stood up in anger.

" You should just find another groom." Riva smirked, " And I can help you."

OK, first of all, I'm sorry for not updating. I really am.

And second, Riva was just trying to scare away the villagers by using the idea of LGBTQ. This is not my actual option (Love is love) and I hope you can understand that. If anyone gets offended by the scene, I'm sorry :(

And thirdly, was Nayantara Rajawat the attacker of Riva's father...or is there more to the story?

Keep reading to find out!

- Rivannah negotiates

- Rivannah and Vikram talk about Madhopur and Royals.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 5.8K 40
Dedication To all the girls who want to get Chocked on his dick ~ Prologue ~ " make me yours reyansh"...
1.8M 22.2K 12
Two imperfectly perfect fell in love. Something happened and they drifted apart. What will happen when they cross each other's path again? Will Aradh...
254K 15.4K 38
3 brothers, 3 women and 3 stories The vicious love of royals is a combination of 1 family and 3 vicious romances 1. THE VICIOUS BET Daharthya Rajpu...
2.9M 195K 50
" Do not be mistaken little flower, you are mine and mine alone. Any man who looks at you longer than three seconds will be dealt in a manner I find...