cruel summer | PEDRI GONZALEZ

By fcestx

โˆ marisol messi, former PSG player, returns with her dad and family as they find their way back to their... More

fabrizio romano.
a/n
[1] pit stop
[2] catalunya
[3] quick texts
[4] masia kids
[5] garden gates
[6] tea for four
[7] pro mini golfers
[8] sure thing
[9] jet for five
[10] game posts
[11] spanish grand prix
[12] f1 posts
[13] offer
[14] first of many
[15] nations league
[16] clasico
[17] the perfect gift
[18] babysitters
[19] what's gavi up to?
[20] birthday post
[21] break it up
[22] no more sorries
[23] bajcetic
[24] intermission
[25] other than mari
[26] wasn't me
[27] face to face
[28] mami
[29] you're what?!
[30] sad sight
[31] who needs mom?
[32] out there
[33] rodrygo
[34] gone too far
[35] summer's a knife
[37] take up all my mind
[38] party planners
[39] august
[40] 19
[41] always her
[42] gavi & mari birthday posts
[43] valencia
[44] recently,
[45] concentrate
[46] fernando
[47] her
[48] go-karting
[49] let the light in
[50] awkward
[51] surprise
[52] chef fer
[53] after match posts
[54] invisible string
[55] cรกdiz
[56] goats
[57] jealousy, jealousy
[58] new member
[59] approval
[60] overprotective
[61] perfect
[62] after match post 2
[63] the residency
[64] say you will
[65] paris
[66] paris posts
[67] admiration

[36] pre-season

1.4K 54 23
By fcestx

MARISOL's POV

yeah this whole pre-season thing made me realize it was time to get up and out of my slump and focus on everything but pedri.

but how am i supposed to do that when both teams are scheduled to train together?!

my friends loved the idea of seeing me every day and i'm not saying i don't... if it didn't involve seeing him either. funny thing about it is, i gave myself two days to get over it before we got back to training, now i'm here, and still not over it.

if i didn't look away in time, i would've gotten hit by salma.

"whoops."

she's okay, she got me out of being caught staring.

at least my dad was having the time of his life. i smile at that and go back to the leg workout they have me doing until every whistle is blown and we're all gathered to the middle. "quince minutos. mi equipo contra el de xavi, aver quien gana. (fifteen minutes. my team versus xavi's, let's see who wins)"

what happened in the next few minutes was something i still couldn't wrap my mind around.

xavi didn't go with his usual starting eleven.

he put iñigo instead of christensen, and gündogan instead of gavi who actually went in as a winger and my dad accompanying him on the right.

as for us, we were what jonatan usually went with, except he added me into the midfield and ona in irene's spot in the back.

we got out there and the whistle blew in a matter of seconds.

whatever's been going on with me, it doesn't matter because i'm finally playing.

ever since i was a kid, everything would be immediately resolved if i had the ball at my feet. this was no different after i was able to go past the defense and anyone behind me, earning us our first goal in two minutes. "no no, fuera de juego! (offside!)"

i start laughing as if there was even var to check.

"looked in to me, just saying." at least xavi has my back and he isn't even my coach.

but never mind that because the game immediately starts back up and i can hear him and jonatan yelling. "ATAQUE. PORQUE ESPERAS?! (ATTACK, WHY DO YOU WAIT?!)" suddenly... i don't wanna play anymore.

so much for a friendly.

as i'm running, i'm watching as pedri passes to my dad and i know this is never a good thing.

i had a light jog before, but something in me told me to book it so i can catch him in time before he even attempts something.

so i slid in his way and gained control back and i hadn't even gotten back up.

"MARISOL!" he yells.

"jesus." i heard someone behind me say before i picked up my pace and tried to find someone open. but unfortunately i felt myself getting cornered and i never liked that.

ney might've taught me a thing or two on dribbling, but i picked up on the rest myself. so i made it around balde when iñigo came out of nowhere so i had to go around once more, but again, it seemed like no one was open.

so i took my shot.

sometimes i don't like to think it's skill, just luck. and it was on my side because stegen definitely wasn't expecting that.

shortly after, everyone was open when i no longer needed it and we led 2-0.

"we gotta work on that spacing." i say when they huddle around me again. "you're so fast we gotta catch up!" that's not an excuse when i need my team. but i know we'll fix that. "five more minutes!" we're leading now, but my dad always loves to pull something last minute.

"keep an eye on that one," and i point at him to everyone. "um... your dad?"

"no, he's the opponent right now." in five minutes he'll be my dad again.

they all pat my back and we get back to it. i think i know my dad better than anyone to know what he's doing. i saw xavi's hand motions, something along the lines of countering us and honestly, it was working.

pedri had the ball again.

he's being predictable right now which isn't normal for him, so what do i do?

i sneak up. i wasn't just gonna let him have it so i tried to get it in between his legs before we slowly got tethered. "es mío! (it's mine!)"

"and i'm making it mine." i say back.

everyone sees us and i can see frenkie try and get it but alexia meets him halfway so we all just kinda fight for it until i can finally get it and kick it to salma who's in the box.

unfortunately, stegan's catching on and shortly passes it back to araujo after her attempt. "two minutes!" i sigh and force myself to give it my all before all my problems come rushing back.

i really did mean that this is one of the only ways to clear my mind.

alexia somehow loses control and i see gavi get it in his possession. he's running, and surprisingly hasn't tripped, so why not do something about that, but as soon as i try, i felt someone follow, but i don't turn around until i see a pair of predators catching up.

i don't know why i'm pedri's target but he forgets i can out run him and manage to trip gavi. "come on!"

it's their free kick and it makes it's way to gündogan who kicks it all the way to my dad and i'm left to do all this running to try and catch up, but no, he makes it in.

i roll my eyes like times not out and they lost 2-1.

"como pueden ganar contra madrid pero no a ellas? (how can you guys win against madrid and not against them?)" back track because i'm just as good as they are. "go get water and congrats guys." xavi tells us and we all walk back to the benches.

"you really are his daughter, huh?" stegen puts his giant glove over my shoulder behind and i can't lie and say it startled me.

"except you're way faster because what was that?!"

balde's soothing his calves like we don't run at almost the same pace. "anyways," i say and laugh it off, filling up a cup from the cooler and sitting on the turf. it was evening and the sunset was beautiful. i would've enjoyed it longer if he hadn't sat next to me.

i didn't say anything, i just moved away slightly.

my annoyance was obvious, but i don't know why he doesn't get it after he just got closer. "algo te pasa (something wrong), marisol?" theres just no way he of all people are asking.

so i stick to my silence. believe it or not, it's louder than the words i want to say.

"marisol-"

"what happened to mari?"

and to think my silence was louder. "did you go back to your old ways? or newer ones?" especially after he met her. "i just wanted to ask if you were okay." he turns to look at me and i so happened to meet him halfway. "everything's great." but not one expression on my face says that. "um, you sure because-"

"i'm sorry but seriously... stay away from me."

i don't know who heard that, but maybe they felt it when i stomped back onto the field and started juggling a ball out of frustration.

it helped me keep concentrated and away from anything behind me. if i'm being honest, i'm glad none of this has affected the way i play. i know no one ever will, not him, nor her.

i hear steps but i don't wanna turn around till i really have to.

"mari," but it's just my dad. i stop juggling and turn to face him, "i'm proud of you for sticking up for yourself and i'm proud of who you are out there, i hope you know that."

he tips my head and kisses it gently when i go in for a very much needed hug.

"gracias (thank you), papa. that's all i'll ever need to hear from you."

it's a reminder of who i am.

so although i'd love to be my own person one day, i'll always be leo messi's daughter. what's there not to be proud of?

but i can assure you i'll find a way to meet all expectations no matter how high or low.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.7K 1.6K 71
When she least expects it, her boss steps up.
106K 1.8K 21
"We're too young to know about forever, means nothing to me. You are my forever." Started: 05/12/22 Finished: 24/1/23
272K 4.6K 39
โ˜† ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ two futbol players, same club, same number; start everything off on the wrong foot only to have to meet each other from the be...
60.5K 555 12
๐ˆ๐ฆ๐š๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฏ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ž ๐’๐ฉ๐š๐ง๐ข๐ฌ๐ก ๐๐จ๐ฒ