[60] overprotective

MARISOL's POV

"this collab is so cool." the jacket they put me in for the patta and barca collaboration could not fit me any better. "we glad you think so, marisol."

i came in with ona and salma who were also chosen to model the new clothes so you can say we were having more fun than doing what we're supposed. "watch out!" salma's voice gave me an immediate instinct to turn around and just in time because the ball was heading for ona anyways.

i stop it with my foot and laugh at the way ona was about to go off on salma.

"was that on purpose?!"

"you know i'd never do that!" maybe, but i would when i kick it back to her just so they could stop bickering. "who else is supposed to be here?"

when i walked in, i saw other people who were supposed to be modeling something else.

"we just need a few more pictures for the website and promotion for the home kit on our women's team page." i'm told by sarah and it's all making sense. "when is this collab even coming out?"

"not till october."

but i already wanna take this stuff home! "don't worry we'll send you guys home with something but you cannot been seen with it yet."

sarah and other staff made sure to emphasize the cannot part.

but whatever let's me take home this bomber jacket and shoes.

so we continue on until the door opens and the last people i expected to see here pop in. "ale? frenkie?!"

"marisol?!" so no one was told? "you said you were busy to hang out with everyone today."

"so did you." we currently don't even know where ansu, pedri, and gavi were. all we know is that we were replaced by ferran. we laugh before we're given some instructions but it's hard to concentrate when we're all having a laugh.

but the photographer doesn't seem to mind, if anything, he tells us to continue.

"put this cap on." i say to balde and he lowers his head to let me and the moment i do all cameras start clicking which is fine with me because i love candid pics.

"we better look good!" he yells at sarah. "always!"

it isn't until suddenly i start to remember about my mom.

i miss her. especially because she always comes to appointments like these.

this is only the second time after the argentina photoshoot malfunction has she not been here.

i love bringing her to these because she gives me comfort especially when i'm modeling for some company with new people. but i try to forget about it knowing i'm with friends.

from behind the scenes, we're watching as sarah talks to someone over the phone.

but we only continue with a cityscape background to pose in front of. "we're gonna get solo shots now." the photographer informs us and the first one up is ona. "miran por allá! (look over there!)" she tells us just so we wouldn't have to watch her model for us as we wait for out turn.

but two other photographers set up to take frenkie and salma while balde and i wait.

"um, i feel like i should tell you this but i don't know how you'll react."

what balde says scares me a little.

do i wanna know? but since he's already brought it up, of course i wanna. "basically—" but another knock cuts him off and it'd annoy me if the door didn't open any wider.