The Simple Reality

faltskogulvaeus द्वारा

Continuing on from It's Just Fiction, the newly engaged couple move forward with life, love, and family as th... अधिक

Fairytale Beginnings
Rules to Giving Up
The Wedding Planners
Bride(zilla) To Be
Surprise Arrangements
Those in the Middle
Good and Bad Decisions
The Undisclosed
Best Behavior
Slightly Unexpected
Surprises to Count
The Day Before
Down to the Last Hour
Twice Upon A Time
The Fifth of September
The Impatient Wife
Time Tweaking
Third Wheeler
Capsaicin
Red Effect
The Gifters and the Gifted
Jealous Eyes
Trilingual Conflicts
Trick of the Sweet
Not A Soul But Two
Finders Keepers
No Doubt About It
Bedtime Stories
Voyage Ahead
Distance, Resistance
Full Eclipse
Can't Stay Away
Signed, Björn Ulvaeus
Everything to Say
Fever
Ex-Barber
Really, Really Good Friends
Overthinker's Club
The Pair Annoyed
Nation's Greatest Secret
Predictably Unpredictable
PRfect Covers
The Candidate
Björn på Cirkus
Never Been More Missed
Baby, Calm Down
The Irreplaceables
Mood Killer
On Hold
Sweetest Bear
00:00:00
A Pair of Thieves
Dinner Plans in Paradise
Fifty/Fifty
Sounds Like Insomnia
Decision Makers
Little Pains
Swap and Exchange
A + B = C
The Giving Hand
1:1
Where Do We Go From Here?

The Villa Over Chania

119 11 14
faltskogulvaeus द्वारा

It's an interesting thing when it happens that a person should be conflicted about the idea of time flying by without it being felt. Meanwhile one part of them might hate the thought that the month has passed in a blink of an eye, ready to bring in the fall and transition of seasons, another part could be glad the time had finally come around for there is always something anticipated to look forward to; at least the old man seated on the plane had thought so quietly to himself.

The plane had landed in the late evening, touching the ground at a very easy landing. Crete was ready to meet the group of passengers who sat either thrilled, exhausted, anxious, or jubilant and its passengers were equally ready, if not more, to be let off the plane. The flight was nearing four hours coming from Stockholm to Chania, and that meant that for nearly four hours, the family that sat in first class had to find entertaining ways to spend it. They watched movies, chatted, found creative ways to entertain the children, and all the while being restricted to staying with very little movement. Luckily the time to their final destination would not be much longer.

The family that was packed closely in the van took in the beautiful, picturesque scenery they passed, from main city centre and up the rugged landscape towards the villa they had planned to stay in. They could see the water from the sea as they passed through, a deep blue with the tangy sunset against tan architecture that held the city for what it was. There was color on buildings and people walking over cobblestone paths while others sat outdoors to have dinner in Grecian restaurants. The scenery changed going up the hill, finding it had become more village like and natural, the path being lit by whatever was left of daylight and the headlights of the vehicle they rode in. The ten minute drive from the airport to the house had ended with short notice, and the grandmother who had her arm wrapped around her grandson was surprised. She was enjoying the area. However as the car pulled into the driveway, she caught sight of the pool, first thing, being lit from beneath the water and then realized she had arrived to this stunning villa. Though she enjoyed her drive around the town, Agnetha thought to herself that she was going to enjoy this place a lot more.

The front door to the villa had opened and entering through first were two toddlers rushing in, just as if the house was already their own. All the adults had either carried or rolled a bag, and being in the grand space they were taken away at its lovely modern design. The first thing their eyes rested upon was the dining table, long enough to seat 12 people. The plates, silverware, and cups were placed at each white seat neatly. The large sea view was what was impossibly hard to miss due to the large floor to ceiling glass panel defining the villa. It gave depth from the indoors to outdoors, where past the open glass window was an infinity pool looking over the city, the sea, and mountains below.

The family were greeted with two chefs in the kitchen as they looked over to the right, a cheery mid age man dressed in a black uniform and a woman younger than him by a few years who was dressed similarly. Their service had been requested in advance since the family had the option to a personal chef, among other services during their stay. They considered it would be a neat idea to have something prepared for them for when they arrive on that first night while the rest of the days they could be settled with cooking on their own. They had 3 kitchens to use, refrigerators stocked with all they needed for a week, and that for them was more than enough.

"Welcome to Chania," they were met with very warm reception, hands held out to be shaken. "My name is Alex, I will be taking care of you this evening along with Sophie," he gestured. "We have a very fine meal being prepared for you per your request for your arrival. Meanwhile we prepare your meal, feel free to settle in and rest until dinner. Dinner will be ready at 9 pm. Is that all okay?"

"Perfectly fine, thank you," they had all said, some still taking in the place, others focused on the conversation.

"Would you like anything to drink?"

The words faded as Agnetha approached the open space. The sunset was breathtaking being where she stood. She could the large sky in a different hue, the water shimmering in a rusty colored tone, birds soaring, and lights of the town below being lit. Björn had interrupted her thoughts of it when he had brought her a glass of water.

"It's so beautiful," she mumbled to him, finding Anna had popped in next to them with her son on her hip.

"It is."

"This place we knew was unbeatable, had to have it," Anna grinned.

"While you guys choose to admire the view, I'm going to look at the bedrooms upstairs and figure out which we'll take," Calle said.

"Good idea," Isabelle supported. "Maybe it's better that we get the bags upstairs and refreshed."

"Use the elevator," Christian chimed in, walking from the living room towards them. He was distracted and impressed with the long swimming pool that was on the side of the house. "Let's take them up."

"Papa, maybe if you guys would like, you can take the master bedroom at the top," Anna suggested. "It'd be nice for you guys to have."

"No, no," Agnetha said, "It's okay, we'll take anything. Plus, it's your anniversary! I say, you get to choose first and the company chooses after." She laughed and looked around the room, between her and Anna and the others around.

"We don't care f—"

"Why don't we just all check out what everything looks like?" Christian proposed. And he was glad that they agreed because a conversation like that could go back and forth forever.

The sleek villa had offered its guests four floors to the house. The top floor with two bedrooms, one of them being the master. The second floor also consisted of two bedrooms, both identical with their en-suite style. The main floor had the living room, dining room, kitchen and a very lovely walk out to the outdoors. And the very bottom floor offered a little bit more, such as a second kitchen, a large seating area, and gorgeous exit directly to the swimming pool. There was a gym with a sauna in its center, and if that wasn't enough, it also had space for two additional bedrooms, one on each side.

The plan was concluded eventually, one that worked out best in everyone's favor. Considering each floor had two bedrooms, one room would be for the parents and one for their children. It was equal to all and leaves them with the privacy of each having their own floor. As the bags were lifted and the house was explored by the rest, the two grandparents had the mind to see more features of the villa. They liked all that they had seen even without yet peeking into the upper floors above the main. They had seen all they needed to in order to decide which part of the house they'd claim and they settled with it as they found no one else cared to ask for it anyway.

Coming to meet up again on the lawn, their children grew curious to know what the two grandparents would choose to do so they'd know what to agree on. They had just finished touring the last floor of the house before making it outside to be with Agnetha and Björn.

"Did you get the chance to see upstairs?"

"No, not yet," Björn answered his son-in-law. "Did you decide on rooms between you guys?"

"No, we were going to ask you first. You didn't see upstairs yet," Isabelle told them. Agnetha smiled, pleased to find they already had it sorted perfectly fine. She pointed over to just behind her, and at the bottom floor was the bedroom they chose.

"Oh! You want to stay down here?" Anna smiled.

"Yeah," Björn answered. "It's convenient."

"Yeah, with that kind of walk out! I guess it all works," she said turning to her spouse. Anna curiously walked towards the room as the bottom bedrooms remained the only thing they didn't see in the house yet. The room was spacious— a large bed, an open closet, a sofa, and the bathroom. It looked like cool place to lie in during the heat of the afternoon, and how could one resist the view just beyond the sliding doors?

"Works out perfectly fine," Agnetha grinned. "You wake up and walk out and there is the pool and the beautiful view. Doesn't get better than that. It's perfect." Björn agreed and the rest's plans for their selections were quickly granted at ease.

That night the sunset had been breathtaking to watch after dinner on the main floor. It was truly luxurious even for the family who was used to nice things. The simplicity of their daily lives had them enjoy the splurges and a fancy lifestyle most when they're away and when they can take it all in... just because they could.

Although for them things started by the later evening, it was spent relaxing under the velvet blues of the night. They sat out lounged on one of the sitting areas, and watched the kids who sat around the lawn playing as they all awaited dinner which hungered them by how wonderful it smelled. It was truly prepared by the best and they were more certain of it at the first bite.

When the dinner had finished and the chefs were cleared to finish and leave, the family was found to be seated in the outdoors. Calm. Fed. Relaxed. They were all relishing in the feeling of being somewhere foreign and stunning, and both, exciting and refreshing to them.

The grandchildren, however, were beaten by journey of traveling that day and devouring the meal they had for themselves. They exhausted themselves with the adventures the day brought on for them, and they exhausted themselves even more fighting the urge to sleep. Curled around and listening to the adults converse couldn't have tired the last two awake, they each clung to a grandparent being comforted and content in their restful embraces that the most tempting way one could bribe the child would still not separate them anyway. Stirring tiredly against their grandparents, hoping they'd be taken to bed like they do at their home was certainly attempted.

"Hedvig," her mother nudged again. "Come on, you're very ready for bed. Let's go sleep." She shook her head and buried it against her grandfather. "Grandpa has to sleep too."

"Do I really?" he laughed. "Look how tables turn. I used to put your mama to bed, now she tells me I have to go sleep." The gathering laughed at them, overhearing the exchange of words.

"I didn't mean it's time for you to sleep now," she corrected her statement, laughing at the way it was taken. "Eventually, yes. Grandpa has to sleep too, we all will, but Hedvig has to have the rest first." She looked at her daughter and stroked the blondes of her hair. "You're going to wake up early, and you have all the day to play together tomorrow."

"No," she answered, uninterested in any suggestion that didn't match her vibe or include her grandfather being a part of it.

"And what do you say?" Agnetha looked down at her grandson who laid across her lap. "Time for bed for you, isn't it?"

"Only if you sleep."

"Eh— Hm..." He looked up from the small toy car in his hand, awaiting her response. It hadn't come, so he brought his attention back to the toy. 

"Sweetie, grandma and grandpa need a break," Isabelle laughed. "You've been in their arms all evening."

"No," he said. "I'm going to sleep with grandma."

"Oh," Agnetha smiled tenderly. "And for what reason do you think I am going to say yes to that?" she questioned lovingly, kissing his hands.

"You always let me."

"Because how can I say no to that face, hm? If you say you want to sleep beside me, then you will sleep beside me. I can't say no. If I say I'm going to sleep, you'll go to sleep?"

"Yes."

"How about with me?" He looked over at his father who offered so that Agnetha didn't have to do it.

"No."

"Why not?"

"You're not grandma." Agnetha chuckled proudly and she lifted the toddler with her as she stood, only for a little bit and then she set him on his feet and held his hand instead.

"No, he is not grandma," she assured. "Let's go then. Björn," Agnetha turned back to him. "Bring Hedvig with you."

She had left the party, reassuring them it was not a bother for her to step away. Björn had followed too, both of them with a grandchild they walked with. The other two grandchildren were already asleep and in the spare bedroom on the ground floor as it was right by where they all were sitting. Agnetha and Björn took the other two to theirs, just on the opposite side, and they laid with the toddlers, putting out the lights in the bedroom and letting the outdoor ambience be the only light.

It was about a half an hour and that was all it took. The two whose energies were drained and still fought to stay awake at last lost the battle, falling into a calm and peaceful sleep that was sure to last them throughout the whole night. Being in the dark and quiet room, the whispers of the grandparents to each other was all that was heard, and the laughter and loud chatter of the adults in the other room became more distant.

There was surprise on the four adults faces as Agnetha and Björn joined the party again. They wondered to each other what kind of magic grandparents do to put those kids to sleep so fast. They also had not predicted they'd see them outside again that evening, but it was a pleasant surprise. Their faces showed it.

"What? Did you think just like that we'll go to sleep?" Agnetha asked. She winked and took her spot again, lifting her glass and signaling for another drink from the side where the boys sat.

"Actually yes."

"Come on. It's the oldest rule in the parenting book," Björn reminded them.

"Now you know surely that each time we went to bed when you wanted, we didn't actually go to sleep."

"Of course, I discovered that young because I'd wake up wondering why I wasn't where I fell asleep," Christian shared.

"Well, thinking about it now, Agnetha, half the time they were the ones who put us to sleep," Björn told her, eyes squinting as he laughed in memory.

"And now that we are older, what does put us to sleep? The older I get the worse my insomnia gets, I'm sure. Melatonin vitamins, maybe, and whatever Björn has," she laughed.

"Is that why I am always short on my pills?"

"Uh-oh. You have a thief," Calle joked.

"I'll be lucky if I have enough to last me this week," Björn shared.

"Don't worry," she patted his leg playfully. "That bed is wonderful, you would've started snoring with the kids had I not nudged you."

"That is... completely true."

"Next time I might leave you."

"Yeah," he said sarcastically. "You wouldn't."

"I wouldn't," she snickered, agreeing to him. "I don't leave without you. How lucky are you to have me?" Agnetha teased. She bit down on her lip and her eyes sparkled only to him.

"Agnetha, I honestly ask myself the very same thing."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Bedastoor Ishq: There's No End to Love JS द्वारा

सामान्य साहित्य

776 72 6
Join me on this journey of Vivaan and Avni to see them fall in love and face the various obstacles that come in their way. Copyright © 2024 freelanc...
77.8K 971 60
Short stories and scenarios of couple romance.
Her Not So Fairytale ArpitaGauri द्वारा

सामान्य साहित्य

2.7K 347 26
"Every once in a while in the middle of ordinary life, Love gives you a Fairytale. " ---------------------------------------------------- Disclaimer...
It's Just Fiction ♡ द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

41.9K 1.4K 72
A story about an endless love that rekindles when two previous spouses come across a world of fictional writings about themselves by their fans. Björ...