Chased by Life and Death

By Lillian2Gwen

"She is a monster.", they said. Well, they are not wrong. I'm not a normal monster like the others from the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
The End
Authors Note

Chapter 28

31 5 2
By Lillian2Gwen

This chapter contains violent scenes! 

Monica

I kept walking down the aisle with the guys beside me. "What do you think they want this time?" Hunter asked me. I forced my eyes to keep looking ahead. "I already know."

"So, what happened? What-" Instead of turning right where the office was, I turned left. "Monica, where are you going?" Tristan grabbed my arm and I came to a stop. I took off his grasp and crossed my arms on my chest. "We are going there where we are needed. This was my job, Logan's, Tristan's, and Noah's but now that you know maybe you want to help. Besides the principal had already decided to send you to kill these creatures."

"We can come too?" Luke turned to me. I nod. "If you want. You are not going to die because..." I will be there and I will not let anything to happen to you. "I'm impressed that you decided to let us come with you to a mission." Logan smiled warmly.

"We are so proud of you, Monica." Ian teased.

"If you continue like this, I will leave you behind." I turned and I call into my power. Black smoke erupted us and the next second we were on a slope of a mountain. The trees were big and we nearly could see the sky while large grey stones and bushes covered the path. I turned my head up. Voices. "Watch your step," I called from my shoulder and started to walk up to the top of the mountain. "How do you know where we are going?" Parker asked me.

"She can sense where we are and she already knows how many are the numbers of the enemy," Noah answered in my place.

"I think my legs will give out," Ian exclaimed and I shook my head. "Maybe you have to make them run for miles, big guy."

Hunter snorted. "When we will return home, I will make some changes." Noah threw his hands in the air. "Come now, Hunter. We are just fine." I don't continue the conversations and force my legs to move. They talk and talk but stop when we reach the top. The view is beautiful. Expect from my injured soldiers who lay down, stitching their injuries while others are preparing to fight again. "What the fuck is that?" Parker gasped.

Many of the soldier's heads turned in our direction and a figure came forward. I headed to him while I called my healing power and the injured soldiers glowed with light. I stopped in my tracks when I was in front of him. He bowed his head and I gave him a nod. "Asher, how are things?"

He signed and gestured with his eyes to the soldiers with now healed skin. "They are new. Caiden brought them." I clenched my hands. "And he dared to bring new soldiers without me knowing. They almost died." A hand came to my shoulder and I turned. My eyes met Tristan's. My nerves immediately calmed and I exhaled.

I turned back to Asher. "If any solder wants to fight, he can come. I came with help." His eyes studied each of the guys and last he smirked. "What a lovely company." I blushed. "Indeed. Go and announced the news. I will not wait for them."

He nodded, turned, and left. I started to walk to the edge of the mountain. We were meters high and I still could look down where trees covered the whole ground. But ahead between two large mountains were the creatures. You could eventually see them. All the place was covered in green and brown but they had the color of black. I believe that their boss had his reason to make them black.

"I think they ruin the whole view," Blake commented. I turned to them and remained cold. "I gave you my word to let you fight alone and I will do. Don't expect me to come to rescue you. You can heal yourselves just fine. You kill all of them. And don't come to look for me because you will stand in my way."

"Monica-" Micah came forward. I turned and jumped from the edge. Screams sounded from above as I fell. The cold air brushed my skin and I felt the adrenaline. A cruel smile formed on my face and I called my creatures. When my feet landed on the ground it rattled hard. Wolves, tigers, and soldiers appeared from the trees. Fluffy came beside me and I hopped to his back. "Let's go," I told them.

With that, we started to run in unison in the enemy's direction. My view became blurry and I pulled my axes. I pushed and pushed until we emerged from the trees. The creature's head turned to us but they hadn't the time to react.

When I draw closer, I cut one's head. I jumped from Fluffy's back and landed on the ground. I brought my hands down and black sharp rocks grew from the ground, getting a few creatures who were on their way. I threw the other axe at another's head. My guns appeared in my hands and I aimed around. A large pitching scream from above and the ground shook as Tristan landed in his dragon form. Eventually, he started to smash the little things, compare to him. Howls sounded and I turned as three familiar wolves came from the trees. They collided with the enemy's paws and tore apart each other. Two figures landed beside me and my guns disappeared.

"You could have waited," Logan said while he hit a part-zombie, part-human with his black wings. His tendrils slashed and smacked. On my other side, Luke with his white wings, fought against a muscled soldier with his sword in his hands.

"Girls don't like to wait, my friend," I said and punched something when it came for me. Another came and I kicked it in the face. His nose cracked and it screamed. With a last blow which sent it fifteen feet ahead, it was dead. A soldier came from behind and I turned as he brought his sword down. I grabbed it as it slashed my hands. Blood falling. My nails came out and I brought my hand through his neck. With a back kick, I kicked someone in his dick.

I draw my hand back and the veins in my body became black. I ran to a big one and jumped above him while my nails slashed his neck. I landed and fire erupted the five creatures who were heading in my direction. A match fire came and collided with mine and my eyes found Ian's from the other side of the flames. He smirked as the wind blew his hair from his face. How can they be hot even on a battlefield?

I turned and brought my hands up. The ground shook and roots from trees burst from the ground and trees themselves. They wrapped around the enemy and squeezed while others caught them and began to smash their bodies into the ground.

Blood was thrown everywhere. Raze crawled to my belly. I lifted my head to the sky and screamed. A large fox with tails was running towards me but I ignored it. A creature was at my feet and I stared at it. It smiled wickedly and I saw through its smile his fucking face. I lifted my foot and smashed it. The ground shook like an earthquake had passed and I headed to my next target. The black fire started to tingle in my fingers and with a scream of rage I threw it everywhere. Trees burned and smelled burning flesh. A new overwhelming power came from inside me and my weapons appeared to my hands.

With the last ones around I threw them to their necks, eyes, hearts, and heads. Three figures were ahead of me and I paused. Noah fought two others while I watched as blood dripped from his head. I growled softly and unease crawled inside. The man ran to him and with his speed, he dodged. The other one came from behind him with large claws aimed at his neck. "NOAH!" I shouted. He smirked, disappeared, and reappeared behind the ugly creature. Long and sharp fangs pierced skin and he ripped out the creature's throat. I relaxed as he drew a gun and shoot the other one in the throat. It dropped down with a loud thud.

He was covered in blood. Too much blood and I didn't like it. This is what they felt when they watched me killing others? This feeling was unbearable. I am a monster. I don't want them to be like me. My eyes widened from the realization and tears gathered in my eyes. Angry tears. Finally, Noah lifted his eyes and looked around. The others had stopped and slowly they shifted to their human forms.

Noah smiled. "I did it." He dropped the gun and ran to the guys. Tristan opened his arms and crashed Noah into a big hug. The others came around them and enjoyed the moment. My soldiers looked relieved but others who knew me well knew that I wasn't fine. My hands curled into fists and my fire caught and burned anything that proved that a fight had happened here. The guys broke apart and Noah's eyes searched for me.

When his eyes found mine, he turned and ran towards me with the happiest smile I had ever seen on his face. Then I saw it. My face in his. It was my nightmare.

He crashed me into his hug while he laughed. My arms didn't go around him but I patted him to his back. He draw back. "I told you that I will do it fine by myself and we won. It's fucking great." The guys approached us and I looked around while Noah still talked to me about his victory. A presence was still around. My eyes searched around and paused at something. A glimpse was in the trees and I moved fast. I grabbed Noah by his collar and dragged him back. I brought my hand and blocked the arrow which was aimed at Noah's head. The metal pierced my hand and the tip came through the other side. Blood splashed on Noah's face and his eyes widened.

"MONICA!" Parker shouted and crossed the last steps. I dropped my hand as he spanned me around. He took my hand as the others came behind him. Their mouths opened and closed but I couldn't hear anything. My eyes were on the figure in the woods. To my surprise, it emerged from the trees. A man with the ability to turn into a gargoyle. I remembered him. He was a soldier who protected Aiden. "What?" Tristan asked.

The guys paused and looked where I was looking. Ian took a few steps but I stopped him with my other hand. "He's already dead." I saw as he took his last breath and his body burst. Parts of him were thrown everywhere. Hands spanned me again. "You knew!" Blake shouted. "You knew there was another one around and you couldn't kill him before he shot!"

"So?" I asked. I cocked my head and looked at Noah. "You said I shouldn't help you. If I hadn't been here Noah would be dead now and who knows what else could have happened." I signed. "We had a deal."

"But you broke it," Hunter said. Our eyes connected. "You could have kept it but you broke it to save his life and let me tell you what I figured out from this fight."

I hugged myself and shook my head. "Don't. Don't say it."

"You don't bring them to fights because you are afraid, they won't survive and you will be in a position that will have them killed."

"Stop."

"You are afraid they will see you turned into a crazy bloodthirsty monster and maybe you will lose yourself and kill them if they stand in your way. But do you know what is the most important thing you are afraid of?" My hands trembled and tears were running down my cheeks before I realise it. My voice came small and breakable. "Please, Hunter."

"You don't want them to become like you." His words pierced my body and my lungs couldn't force air to my system. "You believe they will turn into a monster like you and then you have to kill them." A sob escaped but I bit my cheek to stop crying. I have to be strong and protect them. That's my job. To keep their smiles on their face. To all the people. My jaw clenched. "Monica, this won't happen and you know that." Luke came beside me.

"You are not a monster," Parker said and his eyes burned into mine like they wanted me to believe it.

"You believe this bullshit?" Noah asked from behind me. I had forgotten about him. I turned and he glared at me. "You are my idol. I want to be like you. To save people and kill the bad guys. You can't see how important you are?"

I don't say anything. He looked back at the guys. Then I understood that they talked with their eyes. Finally, Noah nodded and came towards me. I stood confused. "I will show you how important you are."

When he reached me, his hand came to the back of my head and then he crashed his lips to mine. My eyes widened and my cheeks warmed because I knew that the guys were watching. But somehow it wasn't weird. Only that I was embarrassed. I grabbed his front shirt and returned the kiss. We broke while we breathed heavily. He smiled. "Wow."

"That was sexy as hell," Ian said and we turned to them. They weren't angry only turned on. "I think we have another one at our party." Tristan teased.

"Omg. I disagree with this but don't ruin our team."

"We will have to take turns," Noah said.

"And why we shouldn't do it all together?" Parker said and my jaw opened wide in shock. He winked at me. "We will talk about this when we will be back home. But for now, let's take a look at this."

He took my bloody hand. "Pull it."

"It won't hurt?'

"Just pull it."

"Here." Logan brought his hand to my mouth. "You will heal me later." He winked and I opened my mouth and closed it around his arm. "Ready?" Parker asked. I nodded. He grabbed it and pull it out. Pain shot through my hand and I bit hard into Logan's hand.

"Fuck, are you okay babe?" I nodded and I turned to Logan. Power rushed through my veins and his hand started to heal. Blood dripped from my open wound and I stared at it. Lips touched mine and I looked into Parker's eyes. "Let's go home, Monica."

"The others are heading to the next location." Micah talked for the first time. I nodded. "Okay." The black void appeared and I forced my legs to walk. When my legs touched it, I appeared in our dorm. 

This time I couldn't catch him but the next time I will.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 368 36
"What's your problem?" He asks darkly. "What's your problem?" I spit back. "Why do you keep following me?" He hisses. "I don't follow you!" I shout...
91 12 5
It's always that simple like this time. My drunkard voice let it out, "We can't be friends, junior..." I don't know why did I say something LIKE that...
5.6K 327 38
Every year, nobility and royalty from near and far gather together to court and find matches for the Season. Rowan never thought she would find hers...
2.1M 53.8K 51
As a result of the tragic death of her father; Heaven Foster's life has mouldered into a exasperating cycle of moving from one home to another. Con...