Life Changes (Rewriting)

By cheerhotty23

Mia's had a hard life. She lost her entire family. The only one she trusts is her best friend Annie who has a... More

Ch 1.
Ch 3 Presents
Ch 4 birthday
Ch 5 starting over
Ch 6 First Day
Ch 7 high school life
Ch 8 Kevann
Ch 9 Being Annie
Ch 10 Annie said yes
Ch 11 could it be?
Ch 12 Mia's Story
Ch 12 The Truth
School ends in worry
Stripping the old away
It's Different Now
The End
Back to Normal
Annie's bump
Welcome home? Oh no
Love
My Hero
waking up

Ch 2

12.5K 105 7
By cheerhotty23

Recap:

“I should probably go it’s getting late.” Standing up he brushed off his jeans before leaning down and helping me up. “Can I text or call you later?” My heart squeezed at that. Although this guy gave me butterflies I was nervous. I had my heart broken once before and I didn’t want to go through that again. After the incident with James, not only had my boyfriend of 4 years broke my heart, but my bestfriend also betrayed me. 

                “Sure and please drive careful Blaze.” He kissed my cheek before heading out the door leaving me alone with my thoughts as sleep overcame me.

                Light streamed in through the kitchen window as I grabbed my coffee and headed out the door to sit on the little swing. This small house held so many memories for me. But lately it just reminded me how alone i was now. I remembered how at night my parents would leave the windows open because my mom loved the sound and the fresh air while she slept, but now that i was alone, having an open window while i slept freaked me out. Before i laid down i walked around the house shutting and locking every window and then double checking. At night i would lie awake listening for any small noise i could find, which were usually from the fat orange cat, Tabby, I had. Finally she would jump up on my bed, rub her nose on mine purring before cuddling into me and falling asleep. 

I was thankful for the perfect weather so I could walk to work. It was almost fall so the leaves were just turning bright colors. Most people jump in their car and race to work, but I loved the peacefulness. Walking helped clear my head and gave me an escape from my messed up life. It had been two years since my parents had died in the car accident and a year since my brother left the nightmares behind. Being forced to grow up at such an early age sucked but i had learned to deal with it. The tears had stopped months ago but the pain was still there.

                “Hey Mia, so are you excited for your birthday tomorrow? Don’t act like you honestly thought I’d forget! I’ll be over tomorrow so if you hear someone in your house don’t freak out.” Annie handed me my apron as I walked in the front door of the dinner. I hated my birthday and Annie knew that. It was just a reminder that another year had passed since the accident.

                “Shut up and give me my tables. I’d rather just get this day started so I could get some tips and hurry home to curl up on the couch.” People came and went like always. Some left good tips others left a dollar or two. It was an hour before Annie poked me in the side and pointed to the door.

                “Looks like he liked his waitress so much he wanted some more of this rinky dink dinner. Get the number of that cute friend of his… or maybe his brother. That’d be so cool if we each married them and became sisters.”

                “Annie, we pretty much are sisters.” Rolling my eyes I couldn’t believe the imagination of this girl. “Hey you, second day in a row? We both know the foods not that good.” The last part I whispered to him, the last thing I needed was the chef being on my bad side.  

                “I was just on my way home and thought you might need another ride.” As soon as the words came out of his mouth Annie turned to me with wide eyes. I hadn't mentioned the ride home I recieved last night, and i didn;t mention the fact that this boy that every girl was swooning over was the hero that swept me off my feet the night of the James incident. 

                “I really appreciate the ride last night and the offer today but I’m fine. I still have to clean up my tables I wouldn't want to make you wait.”

                “Don’t think I’m going to let you walk home in the dark Mia. How about if you ride with me I’ll let you play Florida Georgia Line? Plus I’m kind of afraid of driving in the dark…” Glancing at him I knew he was lying but I couldn’t hide the smile that formed on my lips.

                “I’ll close up Mia, after all tomorrow is your birthday.” Of course she had to say that in front of Blaze. I tried my best to avoid eye contact with him but as soon as I looked up my eyes met with his smoldering green ones. His hand found its way to the small of my back and gently guided my body out the diner door as I untied my stained apron.

                “You aren’t really afraid of driving in the dark are you?” His slight chuckle told me it wasn’t true but before I could open my mouth he was opening the truck door and grabbing my waist to lift me up into it. I normally would have argued that I’m not a little kid but his truck was really tall and I was really tired. I woke up in my bed to the buzzing of my phone from a goodmorning text from Blaze. 

 ____________________________________________

Blaze: Goodmorning gorgeous

Me: Come over already... i miss you

Blaze: I have to skip our plans... can we do movie day tomorrow? I have a huge meeting at the office.

        Even though I knew Blaze couldn't help the fact that his dad was working him to death to prepare him to take over the company one day, I was still a little dissapointed. Putting my phone on silent I grabbed a drink and popped some popcorn before starting movie day, alone. The spot on the couch used to hold my brother on these days, but he had abandoned me. For some reason I always watched sappy romance movies, like the notebook and titanic, and always ended up bawling my eyes out. 

A knock on my door jolted me from the movie. Slowly I stood up, wrapping the blanket around me, and kept my eyes on the tv as i made my way to the door. Standing before me was the man I had dreamed about all night holding gorgeous flowers.

        "Surprise. Wait what's wrong, why are you crying?" His hand cupped my cheek and gentle wiped the tears away.

        "I thought you had meetings all day. And sorry I was watching the notebook, it makes me cry every time." Grabbing his hand I quickly pulled him inside to the couch and snuggled up to him. Why did he always smell so good.

        "Ooh if I knew you were gonna act like this I would come home sooner. I lied about the meetings, i only had one, i wanted to surprise you. But I was thinking if you’re not tired maybe you can hang out at my house for a bit, yeah? I want you to see where I live and everything.” The fact that he kept nervously glancing at me and rubbing the back of his neck maybe my heart do a little flutter in my chest. It was cute that he was nervous around me, because I for sure was nervous around him.

                “Yeah that sounds like fun. I've been watching Netflix all day so getting out will probably do me some good. Plus I kept getting this weird feeling today.”

                “Really?” His voice was full of surprise that I hadn’t expected. I mean one look at him and you could tell he had tons of girls waiting around for his phone call.

                “Is it opposite day? Because I’m pretty sure I said yes Blaze. Now crank on the Florida Georgia line like you promised and drive servant!” Letting out a small giggle as he glared at the road I turned on his radio and blasted it. I had been singing my heart out when I finally realized the car had stopped.

                “Please tell me this is not your house!” It was like a castle that I had dreamed of on my wedding day. It was a gorgeous white three story house.

                “Close your mouth before you swallow a fly.” He had already gotten out and began lifting me out of the truck before I grabbed onto the door handle.

                “No take me home now.”

                “Come on Mia you said you wanted to come over.”

                “No I changed my mind. I’ll get your house all dirty!” Every word he said he tugged at me a little more till I was completely horizontal as he pulled my legs.

                “I have a shower.” Tug.

                “There’s no way your parents will let me.” Tug. Tug.

                “There not here.” Finally I gave up and let him sit me on the ground. “Come on I want you to be properly introduced to my brother. He was with me the first day at the diner.” Yanking his hand I brought him to a stop right before he pushed the front door open.

                “Do I look ok? I don’t want to give him a bad impression or anything.” I couldn’t meet his eyes because it had always been a huge issue for me. I never felt good enough. His soft hands cupped my face pulling it up to look at him.

                “You look beyond beautiful.” As soon as we walked through the door I could hear loud cursing from another room.

                “Kevin, please tell me you aren’t trying to cook again.”

                “Well you didn’t invite me to the diner with you, since I’m guessing that’s where you were. What were you spying on that poor girl?” His voice stopped as we walked into a completely messy kitchen.

                “Hi I’m that poor girl, but you can call me Mia. And yes your brother has turned into quit a stalker.”

                “Well this is a changeup usually he has girls begging to get in his bed…” Before he could say anymore Blaze picked up an orange and chunked it at his head.

                “I was going to see if you wanted to go fishing, maybe get some mud on those new toys of ours?”

                “I would but Mia and I were going to hang out here tonight.” Kevin turned his eyes on me and openly glared.

                “No we can go that sounds like a lot of fun! Can I invite my sister?”

                “What kind of girl are you?”

                “The fun kind. Not like the girls you usually get in bed.” With a wink I sauntered over to the truck and climbed in. The boys loaded up two ATV’s before we drove back up to the diner to pick Annie up. Although by the look on her face she was surprised to see us back again and even more surprised to see Kevin with us.

                “She’s your sister?” Kevin gulped before trying to duck down out of view. I guess Blaze could tell by my confused face because before I could ask he answered my unspoken question.

                “Kevin has a huge crush on her.” After Annie got in the ride was more than awkward. Blaze and I were trying to break the silence by playing eye spy but we were the only two that guessed and I kept guessing his on the first try.

                “I win again!” This was the fifth time I won and like all the other times I fist pumped the air and did a little victory dance in my seat.

                “Ok you have to be cheating now. We’re here anyways so I don’t have to deal with a sore winner anymore.”

                “Am not your just a sore loser!” Quickly I stuck my tongue out at him before climbing over to his seat as he got out and helped me down.

So how did you like it? 

If you liked it please show your love and vote.... its just tells us writers good job. 

thanks everyone!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 521 28
After a tragic event, she decides to change the way she lives her life as she has no other choice but to live with her sister and her husband. Her pa...
My Allay By ~ J x

Teen Fiction

38 2 11
Alone, Abandoned, Depressed. Mia is living a hard life. Everyone who comes into her life, leaves. Nice people end up leaving her and the people who t...
888 12 8
Mia a party girl who moved to LA 5 years ago but it wasn't until she met a certain nightclub owner that her life changed for the better. Mia thought...
6.1K 178 31
Mia's life was the epitome of normal going to class during the day and hanging out with her best friend Zoey at night. She coudn't forget that one ni...