IBTSOMEH

By Xxiant

Photo and Story Not Mine - for offline reading purposes only. Credits to the rightful owner I Became The Step... More

Chapter 1: Rebirth
Chapter 2: Forced Marriage
Chapter 3: Yan Wang
Chapter 4: Take Away
Chapter 5: Overlord
Chapter 6: Marriage
Chapter 7: Anti-Marriage
Chapter 8: The Capital
Chapter 9: Return
Chapter 10: Shu Younger Sister
Chapter 11: Shizi
Chapter 12: Bow Down
Chapter 13: Justice
Chapter 14: Grudge
Chapter 15: Against
Chapter 16: War
Chapter 17: Dowry
Chapter 18: Net Worth
Chapter 19: Family
Chapter 20: Stunning
Chapter 21: First Assistant
Chapter 22: Chili Pepper
Chapter 23: Evil Mind
Chapter 24: Wife
Chapter 25: Pique
Chapter 26: Matchmaker
Chapter 27: Wangfei
Chapter 28: Maiden
Chapter 29: Red Makeup
Chapter 30: Grand Wedding
Chapter 31: Wedding Candles
Chapter 32: Tea
Chapter 33: Framed
Chapter 34: Payback
Chapter 35: Old Slave
Chapter 36: Couple
Chapter 37: Reading
Chapter 38: Preferences
Chapter 39: Second Qian
Chapter 40: Promising Marriage
Chapter 41: Emperor's Grace
Chapter 42: Demonstration
Chapter 43: Served
Chapter 44: Extorting Money
Chapter 45: Mother-in-law
Chapter 46: Mobilized Forces
Chapter 47: Condemn
Chapter 48: Punishment
Chapter 49: Disagreement
Chapter 50: Copying Punishment
Chapter 51: Goddess
Chapter 52: Shu Younger Brother
Chapter 53: Disciplined
Chapter 54: Avoid Suspicion
Chapter 55: Pride
Chapter 56: Transparent
Chapter 57: Red Sleeves
Chapter 58: Dead Wife
Chapter 59: Coquetry
Chapter 60: New Year's Eve
Chapter 61: New Year
Chapter 62: Rebirth
Chapter 63: Congratulated the Emperor
Chapter 64: Maternal Relatives
Chapter 65: Birthday
Chapter 66: Lantern Festival
Chapter 67: Pair of Fishes
Chapter 68: Taking a Concubine
Chapter 69: Adultery
Chapter 70: Red Apricot
Chapter 71: Out of The Wall
Chapter 72: Wrath
Chapter 73: The Ending
Chapter 74: The Past
Chapter 75: Young Man
Chapter 76: Han Shi
Chapter 77: Heir
Chapter 78: Summer Escape
Chapter 79: Riding Together
Chapter 80: Di Daugther
Chapter 81: People's Heart
Chapter 82: Adoption
Chapter 83: Shen Shi
Chapter 84: Pregnant
Chapter 85: Dead Person
Chapter 86: The Truth
Chapter 87: Intention
Chapter 88: Confession
Chapter 89: Moonlight
Chapter 90: Doubt
Chapter 91: Worship Buddha
Chapter 92: Accident
Chapter 93: It's You
Chapter 94: Sentencing
Chapter 95: Thunder
Chapter 96: The Wind Blows
Chapter 97: Giving Birth
Chapter 99: Reborn
Chapter 100: Sisters
Chapter 101: Gao Ran
Chapter 102: The Grand Finale
Chapter 103 Extra Story: Yan Land's Record
Chapter 104 Extra Story: Cannot Get What One Ask For
Chapter 105 Extra Story: Gu Hui Yan

Chapter 98: Pearl

372 8 1
By Xxiant

After the midwife said this, the maids in the courtyard was obviously panicked: "Wangye is not in the mansion, who should be invited over?"

Wan Yue came back to her senses, and hurriedly said, "Hurry up and call someone at Grand Princess Shou Kang Mansion. The grand princess has a lot of knowledge and must have an idea. There is also Lady Liu of Shen Mansion. She already gave birth to two children, should also know what to do."

"But night curfew is soon, we may not have time to go out now..."

"That's enough!" Lin Wei Xi experienced another labor pain, and now her face was white. There were fine beads of sweat on her forehead, her face was bloodless, and one look everyone knew the pain was severe. Lin Wei Xi almost used all her willpower to say: "It's late, don't bother grand princess and Liu Su Niang. In the mansion the stuffs for giving birth have been prepared since a long time ago. All the stuffs that should be there are readily available, the two midwife are also experienced old-timer. You all will listen to the midwife's words, just deliver the baby like this."

"Wangfei......"

Gao Ran was imprisoned in the Buddhist hall, and Yan Wang was not in the mansion. Now Lin Wei Xi was about to give birth. All at once the people who could make decision in the mansion were gone, it's understandable for the maids to be panic. Fortunately, Lin Wei Xi was very strict with them. Even on this occasion, the maids ran around to bring scissors and to boil hot water, they were nervous but orderly, and none of them appeared chaotic.

Gu Cheng Yao was studying in the study as usual. Today, for some unknown reason, he couldn't calm down for a long time. He heard the maids running around outside with loud footsteps. Gu Cheng Yao opened the door and asked, "What's the matter?"

"Wangfei is suddenly in pain and now is about to enter the delivery room."

Gu Cheng Yao was taken aback. Why no one told him about such a big thing? Did Lin Wei Xi plan to do it by herself?

Gu Cheng Yao hurried to the main courtyard. He and Lin Wei Xi were about the same age. When the stepmother gave birth, it was strange for him as the stepson to come over, but human life is beyond value. How many women went back and forth to the gates of hell during childbirth, and then did not get through. Compared to Lin Wei Xi's safety, avoiding suspicion was nothing.

When Gu Cheng Yao arrived, he happened to see Lin Wei Xi walked into the specially prepared delivery room supported by people. Even at this time, Lin Wei Xi insisted on walking by herself and refused to lie down easily. Gu Cheng Yao's lips moved, his hand lifted a little, and then put it down again. Lin Wei Xi was his stepmother, and his younger brother or sister would be born soon. What qualifications did he have, and what position did he have to tell Lin Wei Xi not to be afraid.

Since Gu Cheng Yao appeared, the maids who were running around in the courtyard obviously became more confident. Although Gu Cheng Yao could not decide anything about Lin Wei Xi's matters, but with a master standing in the main hall, the people felt a little bit reassured. Standing in the courtyard of the early spring, for the first time Gu Cheng Yao felt that times flies so slowly.

He was only eighteen or nineteen years old. Although he had two marriages, they had not lasted long. He never experienced the battle of childbirth. He only heard that women giving birth were very dangerous, if the baby's fetus was not good, it could cause dystocia, hemorrhage, etc. However, these few words he heard before further aggravated Gu Cheng Yao's panic.

The sky gradually turned into a dark blue color, and the blush color in the west could not be seen anymore. The evening in March was particularly comfortable, the wind was moist and cool, with the faint fragrance of magnolia. In the eyes of the scholars, this was probably a poetic leisurely spring night that makes people feel prosperous. But Gu Cheng Yao didn't notice the outside world at all, his mind was all ahead. The movement in the delivery room was really not optimistic. The shouts and running footsteps were endless. Just listening to it, Gu Cheng Yao thought that she must be in pain.

She was actually very afraid of pain.

Gu Cheng Yao's thoughts galloped wildly, suddenly heard the sound of orderly and powerful footsteps from behind, and the whole mansion seemed to get excited by this. Gu Cheng Yao felt an imposing air, quickly turned around. As expected, Yan Wang was back.

"Father."

The people in the courtyard were surprised and delighted. The maid that was holding the water basin immediately put the things in her hands, knelt on the ground and deeply pressed her forehead on the ground: "Wangye!"

Gu Hui Yan nodded casually, without looking at the people, but fell straight on the closed door of the delivery room: "She has gone in?"

"Answering Wangye, Wangfei has been in the delivery room for half an hour."

Gu Hui Yan's eyes fell on the door, the expression on his face condensed. He was still wearing an inky black court dress, the sun and moon and beasts on his body were magnificent and rich. Perhaps it was because he hasten his return, Gu Hui Yan's aura still carried the majestic he showed in Shanxi and Shaanxi: "Isn't it supposed to be mid-April? How can it be so much earlier?"

The maid shook her head and said that she didn't know, Gu Hui Yan waved his hand with a calm face and motioned them to do their own thing.

Gu Hui Yan came back early. Although he didn't say a word, the atmosphere in the entire courtyard suddenly changed. This invisible change was far beyond Gu Cheng Yao's ability.

Gu Cheng Yao lowered his head silently, clenching the hand that was about to extend a while ago. During this period of time when his father was not in the mansion, he paid respect morning and evening every day. Although most of the time Lin Wei Xi could not be seen, but it gave him an illusion, perhaps it would be good to live such peaceful and regular days. Lin Wei Xi suddenly gave birth prematurely, and Gu Cheng Yao rushed to the scene immediately. Separated by thin walls, Lin Wei Xi was inside, and he waited anxiously outside. This was also easy to create a sense of confusion.

But now, all falsehoods and delusions had been shattered by force. Gu Hui Yan had return.

With him just stood there and didn't to say anything, he became the backbone for everyone. Presumably, the maids had already passed the news to the delivery room, the midwife's voice obviously became more rhythmic, and it was clear that the mother's mood had stabilized.

The dark blue sky turned into a deep black, and then gradually turned into ink black. The stars filled up the whole sky, and it was already three hours since Lin Wei Xi entered the delivery room.

Looking at the basin full of watery blood from the delivery room, Gu Hui Yan who led the troops to fight battle for many years, felt dizzy and palpitated for the first time.

"Is that her blood?"

The maid with the blood basin stopped and hurriedly saluted in this position: "Answering Wangye, not entirely, there is already hot water in the basin."

But even this was scary enough. The little maid who replied hurriedly ran away and returned with a new basin of hot water. Gu Hui Yan watched these people around him come and go, in his half lifetime that although was not that long but could be said to experienced strong wind and big waves, he felt scared for the first time.

He hurriedly left the capital that day. It was true that the situation in Guanzhong was not optimistic, he was anxious to deal with the disaster. But there was also a small factor that he did not know how to face Lin Wei Xi. Simply avoiding in the name of disaster relief, he thought, he needs to calm down for a while.

When he was in Xi'an, he helped victims of the disaster, mobilized provisions, rebuilt houses, as well as sprayed medicines to guard against the plague after a natural disaster. There were endless tasks waiting for him every day, and Gu Hui Yan had absolutely no time to let his imagination run wild. But in the dead of night, when he sat in the Governor's Mansion, his thoughts would always uncontrollably float to Lin Wei Xi. Lin Wei Xi was experiencing morning sickness when he left, didn't know if it's better now. He heard that women would have cramps in the later stages of pregnancy, sometimes could not sleep all night, and yet he irresponsibly abandoned her and left...

Lin Wei Xi had never written to him, but Gu Hui Yan knew everything about Lin Wei Xi's movement. Later, the letter that were sent by his trusted aide said that Wangfei's appetite had plummeted as the month gets bigger, she couldn't even eat for a few days.

Gu Hui Yan didn't know how angry he was when he received the letter. He only been away for a few days, but Lin Wei Xi was not eating well again. She even dared to blatantly not have dinner. If he didn't specifically leave someone to watch over her, afraid Lin Wei Xi would threaten the maids again, and flip this incident lightly, and then when he returned, he would never know what Lin Wei Xi had done.

Gu Hui Yan finally couldn't sit still. His daily official duties were already heavy, and those days became more and more stressful. The governor's mansion top to bottom were used as support around the clock. Gu Hui Yan quickly took care of the snow disaster. The remaining things like rebuilding houses and so on would be time-consuming laborious work. Gu Hui Yan left these to the local officials. He arranged for some trusted aide to provide assistance, or to be more accurate to supervise. He himself quickly returned to the capital.

However, even though he returned to the capital half a month earlier, he almost missed Lin Wei Xi's birth.

Looking at this basin of watery blood and the heart stopping cry from the delivery room, Gu Hui Yan felt a wave of fear. He had long heard about how dangerous childbirth for women. There were dystocia and hemorrhage, postnatal illness, and there were also those who have completely injured their body because of childbirth... there were numerous, Gu Hui Yan couldn't even think about it. If Lin Wei Xi also had any mishap, she would disappear forever, then what should he do.

In comparison, the anger and shock Gu Hui Yan had before leaving the capital were nothing. He even left Lin Wei Xi because of these things, left her alone in this dangerous situation. If he did not rush back tonight, if Lin Wei Xi had any mishap, he would not be able to forgive himself for the rest of his life.

Suddenly there was commotion in the delivery room, the midwife's voice clearly became much urgent: "Wangfei push, I have already seen the head... quickly give Wangfei ginseng slice! Come on push... it's come out, it's come out!"

Both Gu Hui Yan and Gu Cheng Yao were shocked, and immediately locked their eyes on the door of the delivery room.

Very soon, the midwife opened the door and came out. She held a tightly wrapped baby in her arms, smiled and said: "Congratulations Yan Wang, it's a precious daughter."

It's a precious daughter?

The midwife put the little baby in front of Gu Hui Yan. Gu Hui Yan almost cautiously stretched out his hand, and very carefully touched her face.

In fact, Gu Hui Yan wasn't sure what to expect, but when he felt her heat and humidity, and how she still carried her mother's body temperature, Gu Hui Yan's heart suddenly softened.

This was their daughter, the daughter of him and Lin Wei Xi. He spent half his life as a military horse, but in his thirties, he received such a precious gift.

The midwife originally worried that Wangfei gave birth to a daughter, would this kind of great mansion be unhappy. But when she saw Yan Wang took special care and gazed at this little life, wanted to touch but didn't dare to, her heart was at ease. How could heavenly descendants be the same as ordinary people's house? Yan Wang's child, even a daughter, was also an honorable Junzhu, glistening like pearls, what should she worried about.

Seeing that Yan Wang liked the child very much, the midwife immediately put down her heart, the smile on her face became brighter. Isn't it brilliant? Yan Wang Mansion had gave birth, the attitude of the family to the child directly related to her reward. The midwife grinning from ear to ear and said: "Wangye, after seeing it the child has to be taken inside. Although it is March, and she's tightly wrapped, but I dare not let her get blown by the wind for too long."

Only then did Gu Hui Yan react, yes, she was just born, how could she get blown by the wind? Even if the room was surrounded by screens, Gu Hui Yan always feels that the outside environment was not safe, and every place threatened his fragile daughter. The midwife held the baby again to show Gu Cheng Yao, and at this time, Gu Hui Yan suddenly realized that something was amiss: "Where is Wangfei? Why cannot hear her voice?"

Gu Cheng Yao was still immersed in the wonder of this little life, but when Gu Hui Yan said this, he was also startled.

The midwife was taken aback by Yan Wang's voice. She said in her heart it was indeed a person who had been on the battlefield and walked through the Hall of Supreme Harmony. He was so friendly just now, but when he revealed his true color still could scare people endlessly. The midwife covered her heart, waiting for the palpitations to pass, before she could speak: "Wangfei is too tired and has gone to sleep." Seeing that Gu Hui Yan's expression was wrong, she added another sentence: "Wangye please don't worry, Wangfei do not have a sign of postnatal bleeding, just exhausted."

Gu Hui Yan looked into the room, still feeling uneasy. He bypassed the crowd and wanted to go in, but was hurriedly stopped by the servants: "Wangye you cannot. The delivery room is full of blood and will destruct the official career."

"I have led dozens of battles from south to north, the number of lives on my hands is uncountable. Even if it will destruct, it's the blood fiend on my body that will destruct other people. What, delivery room is ominous, how can I care about such absurd words?"

After Gu Hui Yan finished speaking, he strode in without looking back. The mixture of humidity and blood' smells in the delivery room rushed towards his face. Gu Hui Yan saw Lin Wei Xi on the bed, and his heart suddenly clenched.

She had always loved beauty, but now she was lying weakly and helplessly on the wet bedding, strands of wet hair sticking to her forehead, her complexion was pale, and her lips were chapped, only her chest moved ups and downs weakly.

Gu Hui Yan carefully took Lin Wei Xi's hand, placed it to his lips, and kissed it lightly.

"Xi'er, I'm back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.9K 384 200
Due to various reasons, Luo Huai Yuan only had the dirty thoughts but not the courage in his past life, and missed out on his consort. After reincarn...
367K 5K 32
Rajveer is not in love with Prachi and wants to take revenge from her . He knows she is a virgin and is very peculiar that nobody touches her. Prachi...
1.3M 32.8K 46
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
63.4K 813 18
Su Mo Li is reborn and seven years later is taken back to the Prime Minister's residence and betrothed to the second prince as a side consort. Howeve...