Magic of Fortune || Peter Pev...

Per longstoryshort34

"I never thought that I would see you again." After years that Veronica spent ruling over a magic world, she... Més

***
Introduction
Prologue
#1 Locked and Unlocked
#2 Loosing and Gaining
#3 Rise and Downfall
#4 Sink and Surface
#5 Neglect and Restore
#6 Seen and Unseen
#7 Separate and United
#8 Love and Hate
#10 Back and Forth
#11 Fight And Surrender
#12 Leave and Stay
Epilogue

#9 Up and Down

89 3 3
Per longstoryshort34

"Screw this!" Veronica shouted. "Why does everything have to be ruined?" She was asking herself.

"Calm down okay? I'm sure that he'll understand that it wasn't what he thinks it was," Caspian was pacing back and forth.

"I will go and find him, you stay here," Veronica commanded and left the stone table room. She quickly ran through the narrow corridors and made it out to where the Narnians were still preparing their weapons.

She searched the room with her eyes to see if Peter was anywhere near. He wasn't.

"Your majesty, if you are looking for the king he ran outside just a few minutes ago," A centaur told Veronica. "Thank you," Veronica answered and went outside.

The sudden change of air hit her face as soon as she appeared outside. "Peter?" She called out. She started running around looking for him. "Veronica! We've looked everywhere, he's not here," Lucy appeared out of nowhere behind her.

"Lucy! What do you mean he's not here?" Veronica asked, her heart pounding put pf her chest.

"I saw him run out, so Susan and I decided to see what was going on but he just disappeared!" Lucy explained.

"This is my fault!" Veronica grunted. "Me and Caspian, we were just talking and then we hugged and Peter walked in and thought that something was going on between us. But it wasn't. It wasn't!" Veronica's voice was shaky.

"He's gonna have to come back. He can't just leave his entire army here with any commands," Susan appeared. "I've just checked the how one more time," She added, explaining where she was.

"Im gonna wait here, till he comes back," Veronica said. "You two go inside, I'm sure you need some rest," she continued.

"We're staying with you," Lucy snapped. "He's our brother," Susan said.

So they all sat on a rocky edge of the how, looking into the distance.

"Why does he seem so different?" Veronica decides to ask.

"We don't know. He's been getting into fights lately, you know, back in London," Susan answered. Veronica straightened her back in shock at the new information.

"It's horrible. At least two fights a week!" Lucy added. "We always thought that it was because of you not being there and the fact that we didn't have a clue where you were and if you were okay. But even when he's here, with you, he seems rather bossy and angry all the time," Susan spoke.

"I thought I was going to fix it, you know, the fact that he doesn't believe in Aslan coming back. But he just snapped at me," Veronica explained. "I think I made it worse. And now it's even more bad considering he thinks there's something between me and Cas," Veronica was shaking her head.

"You and Cas?" Susan looked caught off guard.

"Don't worry, nothing is going on. I still love your brother to pieces," Veronica smiled remembering what Caspian told her earlier.

Veronica saw Lucy yawn and she immediately pat her back. "You two really can go to sleep. I will wait for him," Veronica said.

The girls nodded and slowly stood up and left. Veronica stayed sitting down, breathing in the summer air. Suddenly she saw a movement in the distance. She jumped to her feet and started running in the direction of the movement.

"Peter?"

She ran and ran and finally, she reached the spot. There was a tree standing and behind it, she saw a pair of feet. She walked around and saw Peter sitting down, resting his back against the tree.

Even though it was dark already, Veronica could easily see his red eyes and snotty nose from crying.

"Peter! I was so worried about you! Where have you gone!?" She kneeled beside him.

"It's my fault, isn't it? That you got with Caspian. It was because I yelled at you, right?" He cried out.

Veronica took him into her warm embrace. "What on earth are you saying? Nothing is going on between him and me. He...He likes someone else anyway. It was just a friendly hug that's all! He's like a brother to me," Veronica was explaining while rubbing his back.

"I'm so sorry Ronnie! I shouldn't be acting like this but it's just been really difficult. I thought I lost you and suddenly started to get angry all the time and when I got here and saw you again, the anger wouldn't go away like I thought it would. I didn't want to fight on the first night. Gosh, I'm so sorry," he burst out.

Veronica's heart skipped as she heard his words. "It's okay, it's okay," she tried comforting him. He stayed in her arms until the sun was gone behind the hills. It was quiet except for the sniffs that Peter was letting out once in a while.

"We should go, it's late." Peter pulled away. His eyes were no longer red or puffy. "Yeah, sure," Veronica answered and stood up. She offered her hand to Peter who grabbed it and stood up with her help.

"You're still in your normal clothes," Peter smiled. Veronica looked down and slapped her hand on her forehead. "Oh my god! And I wondered why everyone was giving me such weird looks all the time!" Veronica laughed. She placed her hand in Peter's and they continued to walk towards the how.

Once they were inside, everyone was most likely already asleep, or on a night lookout. Veronica changed to her nightgown and so did Peter. They fell asleep in each other's arms.

****

"Why does this happen every single time we are heading to a fight?" Veronica shouted at Peter.

They were fighting again.

"I've told you before that you're not going because I'm worried about you!" Peter yelled back. "Remember the last time we were about to do something like this?" His voice quieted down and his eyes filled with tears.

"Yeah, I do remember it, really well. But I ended up being alright, didn't I? And nothing like that ever happened again! Why do you need to bring this up years later?" Veronica was still shouting.

"Because it absolutely reminds me of the situation that's happening right now!" Peter threw his hands in the air.

"I don't have the energy to discuss this with you. I honestly have zero clue why you still have problems with me coming to a battle even tho I have the same amount of experience as you," Veronica shook her head. "Im going and there's nothing you can do about it. You're not the only leader here you know?" She added and left the room.

It didn't make sense to her. Why does he need to bring a situation from the battle against the white witch so many years later? Of course, the first time Veronica had thought she ended up with a big injury, but she turned out to be okay.

Veronica was in at least five battles since then, leading the archers with Susan, and she didn't even get a scratch. Yes, Peter had a similar conversation with her before every single one of those battles but not one was as serious as this one.

Veronica didn't feel the need to cry. She was furious but at the same time, she didn't care. She got on her armour and picked up her crossbow and arrows. Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy brought it back for her from the treasure room. She looked at herself and experienced major deja vu as she remembered the first fight she had with Peter.

"You convinced him then I see?" Edmund said as he saw Veronica walk out fully armed. "No, I didn't. I don't care that he's not letting me go. I'm coming one way or another," Veronica answered.

"I like that," Ed smiled, "so many years later and you're finally realising that Peter is horrible, good job!" Ed said sarcastically.

"Shut up!" Veronica laughed. "No honestly, he always had a small issue with these sorts of things but suddenly he is yelling at me and bringing up the injury?" She shook her head while pulling her hair back.

"What injury?" Caspian came out of nowhere. Veronica turned around to face him. "I got injured pretty badly when we were fighting against the white witch. But I got well really soon," Veronica explained.

"Really soon? Is being's knocked out for a week a short time to you?" Ed pointed out.

"You're one to talk Edmund!" Veronica joked. "Even tho I slept for a week, it felt like seconds to me," she turned to Caspian.

"To you. You should've seen Peter," Ed mumbled. "What?" Veronica asked.

"He couldn't even sleep. He was so angry all the time and constantly by your side. I bet he was crying too," Ed said and left.

Veronica stood still. Was Peter really that worried about her? Maybe she really did take Peter's feelings for granted.

"Are you ready?" Caspian asked. Veronica nodded. "Yeah, I guess."

****

"Fall back! Retreat!" Veronica heard Peter yell. She immediately turned around to see the gate slowly closing and Asterius jumping under it to
hold it open.

"Caspian!" She shouted at Peter.

"I'll find him!" He shouted back. Veronica quickly jumped onto a passing centaur and headed through the gate. Many Narnians followed, but she was looking mainly for Peter, Caspian and Susan.

"Veronica!" Susan yelled. "You're here, thank god!" Veronica turned around and her face calmed in relief.

"Look there they are!" Susan pointed at Peter and Caspian passing through the gate.

A horrifying sight followed as they all watched Asterius fall to the ground and the gate crushing his entire body. Veronica's heart jumped to her throat and her eyes filled with tears as she saw many Narnians remaining behind the gate, shouting for help.

Before everyone headed away, both Peter and Veronica looked at the gate one more time, before leaving too.

****

"What happened?" Lucy's eyes widened as she saw only a couple of soldiers coming back along with Peter, Veronica, Edmund, Susan and Caspian. Everyone looked devastated.

"Ask him," Peter said angrily nodding his head towards Caspian. "Me? You could have called it off. There was still time!" Caspian fought back.

"No there wasn't thanks to you. If you'd kept to the plan, those soldiers might be alive right now," Peter continued.

"And, if you'd just stayed here as I suggested, they definitely would be!" Caspian yelled. Peter stopped walking and turned around.

"You called us, remember?" He said. Caspian shook his head. "My first mistake."

"No. Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people," Peter mumbled.

"Hey!! I am not the one who abandoned Narnia!" Caspian yelled. The yelling woke Veronica up from thinking. She couldn't stop thinking about all those poor soldiers being stuck there, probably being killed right at this moment.

"You invaded Narnia. You have no more right to it than Miraz does! You, him, your father... Narnia's better off without the lot of you!" Peter shouted back.

And suddenly when Veronica lifted her head, they had their swords pointing at each other's faces.

"Stop it! Fighting won't solve anything!" Veronica shouted. We need to get inside and think of another plan, the Talmarines will be here soon," She added and stormed inside the how.

Peter and Caspian looked at each other, ashamed and followed Veronica inside. She ran off to be alone for a while. That went unsuccessfully.

~

Surprise!!!!! Another chapter is here and earlier then you expected!! I hope you aren't too mad that I left out the battle scene. I had it completed but when I was editing, it looked and felt too messy so last minute I decided to delete it and leave just the last part in. I hope you enjoyed this one and I'm already excited for you to read the next one! I would appreciate if you followed me or voted for any of my fics. HAVE A NICE DAY!

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

3.8K 72 17
"I'd do anything to protect you, you're just as important" Veronica is forced to leave the city and go live in the countryside after her father was d...
607K 21.9K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
429K 12.9K 95
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
805K 18.3K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.