The Protogen's Pet

Door itsyoboijigglyjoshXD

Life was normal. Key word, WAS. Alien creatures known as "protogen" invaded Earth, killing and capturing huma... Meer

Introduction
Chapter 1 - An oRdInArY Day
Chapter 2 - A Different Point of View
Chapter 3 - Adoption
Chapter 4 - Reunion
Chapter 5 - Big Apartment
Chapter 6 - Executing and Planning
Chapter 7 - Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 8 - Issues
Chapter 9 - Losing Something Important
Chapter 10 - Vengeance Motivation
Chapter 11 - Stolen
Chapter 12 - Back to Square 1
Chapter 13 - Going Places
Chapter 14 - Attacks From Opposite Sides
Chapter 15 - Sigh
Chapter 16 - Choice
Status Update
Chapter 17 - Anxieties
Chapter 18 - All for him
Chapter 19 - Outfits and Sewers
Chapter 20 - Thinking Forward
Chapter 21 - I Can't Think Of A Title
Chapter 22 - Searching Answers
Chapter 23 - True Intentions
Chapter 24 - Struggling
Chapter 26 - Returning
Chapter 27 - Take a Break
Chapter 28 - Free Time
Zircon FTE I
A Transition
Maya FTE I
Another Transition
Jacko FTE I
Chapter 29 - Falling Out
Chapter 30 - Cheering Up

Chapter 25 - Marks

832 19 7
Door itsyoboijigglyjoshXD

Jacko P.O.V.

After a few minutes, I burst through the wall. When everything collapsed, the boulders blocked the exit, so this was my only choice. 

I get up from the floor and look around! Woah! Instead of several hallways like in the floor above me, this us one huge open space! Which makes it easier for them to find me! Oh no, I...wait. Everything's empty.

Oh riiiiight I killed everyone. But I shouldn't push my luck. There's still a chance someone is arond. I enter several doorways. They all contain some portrait of some...strange figures. Humans kneeling to a figure, who...I can't even describe it.

Just weird. Cult shit. Should probably keep going. Even so, after an hour, nothing came up. Maybe I should go back up, perhaps he's already been sacrificed...

No. I must keep looking. For Zircon's sake.

Tricky P.O.V.

Our arguing escalates into a scuffle. Bryan is trying to push Kayla back, but she's pushing against him. 

Kayla: Why are you being so difficult!? Wasn't it us who fought those protogen!?

Bryan: And what, get fatally injured over and over!?

Kayla: Weren't we the ones who were planning to escape the NEW resistance!

Bryan: It was only for more air to breathe, not to throw ourselves to he wolves!

Kayla: Weren't we the ones who snuck onto a protogen base to retrieve weapons!?

Bryan: Which we LOST!

Kayla: What about Dean!? Did him running off as a distraction not mean anything!? He could be dead for all we know!

Bryan: His distraction was for WHAT!? A new corpse!?

...

The room went dead silent. Bryan's eyes shifted from anger to a mixture of horror and sadness. Kayla's expression is dumbfounded.

Tricky: ...W...What d-did...

Brayn: ...We're staying.

Kayla: The fuck not!

Bryan: You just HAVE to be difficult!

Kayla: DIFFICULT!? You're the one who's MORE difficult.

Bryan: You don't understand-

While Bryan was trying to defend himself, Kayla managed to win the battle of scuffling. Bryan falls to the ground. He yelps in pain.

Kayla: Well screw you! We don't-

Tricky: Duck!

Shots fired inches above our heads.

Bryan: How did they find us!?

Tricky: Maybe because of all of your shouting!

A bullet almost hits me in the face, and I dive behind a medium sized pillar. The pot on the pillar falls and smashes on the floor. Kayla rushes forth and bashes them in the head. One pounces on her, and immediately gets hit with a mask thrown by Bryan.

A protogen quickly, so I grab a souvenir shirt, and throw it at him. He staggers, and pulls the shirt off, but by the time he does that, I hit him with the cash register. Ca-ching!

The other protogen slashes at Bryan's eye. I see a flash of blood, the a swing from Kayla's bat. I pick up a bag full of ruble, and swing it at it. It falls and stays completely still.

Tricky: Is everyone okay!?

Bryan: We killed them...phew.

Kayla: Hang on. Something's off.

Kayla reaches and touches the protogen's arm.

Kayla: They still have a pulse.

Tricky: Then let's end them before they end us!

Bryan: No time for that! Out the window! Quick!

We dive out the window, a piece of glass get's stuck in my knee. I fall face-first onto the dirt, and Kayla lands on top of me. We hear some footsteps. Some noises, and footsteps fading away. I peek over, and see that the protogen from earlier were gone.

Bryan: I saw out of a hole in the wall other protogen approaching.

Kayla: Good call... ...

Bryan: ...

Tricky: ...

Kayla: Okay, so we good on going now?

Bryan: How does that experience change my mind!? If anything, it has more incentive to stay put!

Jeez, these people are sometimes impossible. Where did the anger and constant bickering come from?

Matthew P.O.V.

The man told me to stay put. Not like I have a choice. I'm so hungry...I wish I have something to eat.

5 hours later

I hear footsteps...and singing?

???: I'm gonna kill 'em!~ I'm gonna rip out the throat!~

It's the same voice. No, you can't move. You're trapped. You see the door open. And-

The man falls to the ground, blood spewed everywhere. His limbs are bended over to where they're not supposed to be, and his face is unrecognizable. The murderer enters the room, trampling over his dead body. It's...a protogen.

He rushes to you and aims his claws at your neck, but stops himself before he strikes. He then grabs your collar, and examines it. You look at the protogen. He has yellow fur, and a huge crack on his visor.

He raises his claws again, and breaks your restraints. He then picks you up bridal style, and sprints out of the room.

Matthew: Who a -

Protogen: Save your strength. Don't say a word.

He enters a room, and places you against the wall. He takes some bandages and disinfectant and applies it to you.

Protogen: Thank goodness I ran into that orange fur girl, otherwise you might've not survived.

Matthew: ...

Protogen: You're crying.

He wipes away your tears, and continues patching you up.

Matthew: ...Who...

Protogen: Why should I tell you? A simple human?

Matthew: ...

Protogen: That's what I thought.

A moment of silence passes. The protogen lets out a sigh.

Parlin: The name's Parlin. I've been sent to rescue you.

Matthew: ...How did you know -

Parlin: Your collar.

Matthew: Wh-What...?

Parlin: That collar has a protogen's mark on it. Each mark is different for each protogen. Now, the mark symbolizes property. It shoes that the thing is one of the most important things to the protogen. Without that mark, any protogen would've killed you right then and there.

Wait...so the collar isn't just for show?

Parlin: So you really are like a pet. Heh, good to know.

You hear a commotion outside.

Parlin: Dammit, they're coming this way. Don't make a sound, bitch.

He grabs you and jumps onto a shelf next to the door. Two people walk through it. Parlin auicky closes the door and pushes the shelf with his feet against the wall. The shelf falls and lands on them.

Parlin: We wait for an opportunity, and bail. Then we'll blow this place up.

Matthew: B-Blow up...!

Parlin: We would've done it from the start if it wasn't for you. Now, everyone should leave in approximately...4 hours. Since I found you, we can leave early.

Matthew: What if they don't leave?

Parlin: ...We'll go full assault then.We didn't do it here because unlike protogen, human's are weak. So if they used you as a hostage, you had more of a probability to die.

Matthew: *gulp*

Parlin: ...Stop shivering. I'm not a blanket.

Matthew: S-Sorry...

Parlin: *sigh* I guess it can't be helped. Humans are in more danger than ever before. Bit don't worry. They won't be in danger for long, because there won't be any more humans to kill after we exterminate them.

Matthew: ...I-I...see-ee...

Parlin: Don't worry, as long as a protogen is looking out for you, you're no longer in danger. Consider yourself lucky, kid.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1.3K 17 14
A one out of an infinitesimal chance and you just so happen to be at the right place and right time.
3.4K 81 21
It was a normal day in the Kaiju Paradise world. Goos infecting humans, humans killing goos, tryhards being tryhards. But then, one player joins, and...
1.5K 29 13
(y/n) has lived alone his entire life with his parents rarely being home when he was a kid. But when a mysterious protogen showed up at his doorstep...
135 0 18
A Human has survived a civil war 1,000 years ago. earth is now lost to time. that very human is exploring a new world