The Brothers' Mission[Sequel]...

By cbfwrites

•••Do read 'The Brothers' Desire' first to understand where this story is picking up from••• After an ambush... More

Copyright
Disclaimer
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Not a chapter

Chapter Thirty

460 18 5
By cbfwrites

Omg omg omg! So The Brothers' Desire is eligible to enter wattys 2023 and this story may be eligible! How exciting! Thanks for continuing to read!💜

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Amaris

After Vlad locked me in my room, my nerves refused to settle. I paced for hours until I finally took a hot shower and climbed into bed. I didn't sleep well and woke constantly.

I worry for Anna.

I've not seen or heard from anyone yet and I've been dressed, ready to slave away as usual, but nobody has come to fetch me yet.

Anna always gets me. I'd say I'm lucky if I'm forgotten about and can remain in here all day, but my stomach is demanding food. I'd be embarrassed if anyone was around to witness the loud roaring coming from my belly.

Finally, after what seemed like a lifetime, I hear the door lock disengaging. I jump up to my feet and rush to the door, hoping it's Anna on the other side.

I know she won't be fit for much of anything, and she's probably still being monitored, but I can always hope it is her.

To my dismay, it isn't Anna. Instead, I'm rushed by an angry Felix. He snaps his hand out and squeezes my throat hard. "I'm watching you, suka," he threatens, his voice icy and his eyes narrowed into thin slits. "If I so much as suspect anything today, I will beat you black and blue." He let's go of my throat and I suck in air greedily. My eyes water profusely as I cough and gag while trying to catch my breath.

I hate his ass too. I'm not sure if I hate him or Vlad more, but I want to kill them both in the most painful way. Maybe I'll crush his goddamn throat since he just tried to do so to me.

I wipe my tears away and straighten my back. I won't let him knock me down and be a sniffling crybaby for his ego.

"Come with me. You'll eat then work your ass off. You will do Anna's share today too." He turns his back and takes off at a fast pace. With no choice or a chance for rebuttal, I dash after him.

I catch up and keep pace with him. I want to see Anna and know she's okay. "How is Anna? Can I visit her later?"

He glares down at me. Is he ever not angry? I'm so sick of him that a scoff leaves me without thought. "You know Felix, I don't want to be here anymore than you want me here. But I care about your sister. Can you please let me see her?" For a moment, his eyes soften, just slightly. They return to their hardened state quickly though.

"Anna is fine. She does not wish to see you though. Don't ask anymore questions."

She doesn't want to see me?

"Wait. Why doesn't she want to see me?" I ask anyway.

Felix snatches me by the air and jerks my head back until my neck feels like it will snap if he pulls my harder. "I said no more asking questions," he seethes. What I would give if I could just whack him and get away with it.

Reaching up to grab my hair, I decide to sink my nails into his wrist and hand instead. "Let. Go!" I almost don't recognize my own voice. The anger and hatred flowing from those two words don't faze him much though. His eyes widen slightly but he holds on nonetheless. Feeling strands snapping from my scalp, I can't help the rage that overcomes me. I've been mistreated for far too long and I'm fucking over it.

I release his hand and wrist. He smirks for only a moment before my fist crashes into his throat. He lets go of my hair immediately and drops to one knee, gasping for air. How do you fucking like it!

I don't waste time and take advantage of my opportunity. I run as fast as I can toward the utility room for refuge. Thankfully he took longer to recover than I could have hoped for and I made it without incident, slamming and locking the door behind me.

It only took a minute at most before his fists are thundering on the other side as he curses me out in Russian. I lean back against a shelf, taking calming breaths.

The calm quickly faded as he wrenches the door open. Shit! Of course he has a key! "I'm going to fucking kill you!" He lunges at me and I let out a shrill scream. Felix winces but still grabs ahold of me by both my biceps, dragging me to him and back out into the hallway.

I struggle and give him hell. I cuss and scream. He can't keep a solid grip on me to save his life, and I squirm away multiple times until we both end up landing in a heap of tangled limbs on the floor.

He's heavy. And I mean heavy. How much does this big bastard even weigh?

I fake him out and make him think my knee is going for his nuts. His second of distraction earns me a good opening to crack my fist into the side of his temple.

What is it they say? The bigger they are, the harder they fall?

And hard he fell; toppling over sideways off of me. I jump to my feet and kick him multiple times in the ribs and stomach.

He's barely conscious and my knuckles feel broken, but I continue kicking him until I'm pulled away.

Still in fight mode, I turn and swing, connecting with flesh again. The pained groan from Malik stopped my fury and he let go of me.

"Oh shit, Malik, I'm so sorry," I say, " I didn't mean to hit you." I glance at the fresh split in his already tattered bottom lip and feel guilt slam into me. Just what he needed.

He grins at me then says, "It is okay. I enjoyed seeing Felix get a beating, but you will be in big trouble over this. I figured I should stop you before you tried to kill him..." Malik does another perusal of Felix's dazed body before he offers his elbow to me. "Let me take you to breakfast. Vlad is waiting there for you and you'll need his protection for when Felix comes looking for you. Come."

I let Malik lead me into a small, informal dining room. This isn't where Anna and I typically eat. We usually eat in the kitchen.

Vlad sits there sipping on some orange juice while one of his staff plates up his breakfast. He dips his chin in our direction and Malik pats my hand gently before removing his elbow from my grasp.

I'm too nervous to say or do anything. This is the first time I've been expected to join him for breakfast. As uneventful that it is, my nerves are still going crazy.

"Sit, kitten," Vlad motions to the chair next to him. His eyes follow me every step toward him and stay on me as I get seated comfortably. He speaks his language to the staff member, and a plate of breakfast is set down in front of me, along with a glass of orange juice. My stomach is threatening to crawl out of my body if I don't eat some of this soon. I hope he doesn't plan to chit chat long.

"Thank you," I say to the woman that served me. She nods and backs away, leaving the room, and myself alone with Vlad.

"Eat. You have a busy day ahead of you." Vlad starts eating so I don't hesitate and I dig in. I practically moan around each bite. I didn't realize just how hungry I was. "Did you forget to eat yesterday?" Vlad asks, a smile on his face.

A kind smile.

A smile I'm not sure how to take.

I clear my throat and take a drink before answering. "I ate. I just didn't eat dinner. Things went a little haywire..." I trail off and poke my fork around the eggs. I don't want to bring up last night with him, but it's inevitable. "Can I see Anna later?" Maybe he will allow it if Felix refuses.

He sucks his teeth for a moment, studying me. Right when I think he won't answer, he shifts closer to me and leans in. "Anna doesn't wish to see you. I'm sorry."

"Can you tell me why she doesn't?"

He drains the last of his juice and his eyes pop up to the door as it bangs against the wall. I jump and curse at the intrusion. I already knew who it was before he started bellowing out every threat as he stomps his way over.

I don't move, but Vlad actually barks out a loud laugh. "What happened to you now?" he asks Felix. Felix turns his glare away from me and curls his lip up at Vlad.

He thrusts his finger on my direction, fuming with his rage. "This little whore tried to escape! She attacked me then ran. She was going to try and escape!"

My mouth drops as I take in every word he just said. "I wasn't trying to escape! I was trying to get away from you and your abuse!" I shouted back at him. That fucking liar is trying to get me in more trouble than I'm already going to be in.

"So you attacked him yes?" Vlad's face is serious but a ghost of a smile dances at the corners of his mouth.

"Yes. He was about to break my neck! What else should I have done?"

Felix scoffs loudly. "I was not going to break your neck! I pulled your hair! I specifically told you not to ask about Anna again, yet you still did it. You don't listen! You were warned-"

Vlad stands up, interrupting Felix. He walks over and stands next to him before asking, "You put your hands on her? Again? You've specifically been told not to harm her anymore." He snatches a handful of Felix's dark hair and yanks his head back hard, his neck elongating the harder Vlad tugs. "Is this what he did to you?"

I nod quickly. Please let luck be on my side for once. Please break his neck.

Vlad presses a knife to Felix's throat and I felt a sudden burst of excitement. Please do it!

Do it! Do it! Do it!

I chant it over and over in my head as my face stretches with probably a maniacal smile. Before I know it, I'm standing and leaning forward for a better view. I'm practically salivating with the anticipation. This is too damn good to be true.

As quickly as he produced the knife, he removed it and released Felix. Disappointment hit me so fully that I banged my fist down on the table top.

"Don't touch her again or I'll kill you next time. Don't test me." He shoves Felix back and looks at me. "Are you upset, princess? Don't be, I'm sure there will come a time that you will witness Felix's demise." he adds casually.

"Don't count on that suka," Felix spits. "Keep her away from Anna." With that, he leaves me alone with Vlad.

I sit back down and mull over this shit with Anna. Is it really her or is it her brother that wants to keep me away?

"Why can't I see her? What did I do wrong this time?" I mutter out loud, not really expecting any acknowledgment.

Vlad sighs and takes his seat once more. He pours some more juice in both of our glasses before he turns to me and says, "Anna is upset with you. She blames you for Felix trying to beat Malik to death." He arches a brow as I scrunch my face up, ready to verbally assault him. I bite my tongue though. I bite it damn hard.

"Anyway, don't mention her to Felix right now. He will be fetching you in the mornings for the foreseeable future. Try not to provoke him."

Unbelievable. This is utter bullshit. Now I'm stuck with pissy patty Felix and have no idea if or when I'll get another chance to see Anna.

Maybe I'm completely screwed now and won't be able to figure out an escape after all.

Anna was always the key.

The key to my escape or the key to keeping me here forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

538 23 11
(villain×heroine) (Enemies to lovers) (Huge age gap) (Cat and mouse duet) Damon blackwood(32 years old) the crime boss and the leader of midnight syn...
1.4M 33.5K 103
*WARNINGS* This story contains: sexual & mature language/acting strong use of words. drugs and alcohol. rape and assault. weapons. violent behaviour...
7.6K 102 51
This book can be read as a standalone, however, I advise you to read His Possession first. This would help you understand the context and not spoil t...
272K 9.5K 43
SEQUEL TO CHEATED THEN KNOCKED UP BY ROMANO BOOK 2 IN THE ROMANO SERIES (WARNING!!! 18+ ONLY ➡ THIS BOOK CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE AND EXPLI...