Gaining Control

By Charlie4689

Lucy Davis is just trying hard to be a normal 22 year old, but finding herself the wrong side of an Avengers... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Six

3 0 0
By Charlie4689

Lucy's POV

I was sitting in the car next to Nastsha, my leg was shaking like crazy. Her hand reaches over and rubs over my leg, I take her hand in mine and play with her fingers and rings to help calm myself down.

"It's going to be alright, I've told you that their good people and if you want to leave then we can at any point, you will be right next to me all the time there, just hold my hand and squeeze it if you need too," Natasha looks over to you at a red light. You release a massive sigh and nod your head at her.

You can see the compound starting to come into view, god this place is massive. Nat stops the car outside some glass doors, it doesn't look like a main entrance, just some normal doors. While in my head I didn't see that Nat had gotten out of her car and came round to my side and opened my door. She crouched down by the side of me and held my hand, she looked into my eyes.

"Are you ready?" she said without looking away from my eyes, with a big smile on her face to help calm me down. I unbuckle my belt.

"Just get me in there before I change my mind" I quickly get out of the car and grab Nat's hand, holding her close to me. It's not like hydra, it's not like hydra. We make our way to the glass doors, Nat opens it for her to walk in first before I come in behind her. I didn't know where to look first, it was massive and so many people were around taking quick looks at me. I really didn't want to be here right now but Natasha is right. I need to do this, I need to control these powers and live a normal life.

"Welcome, you must be Lucy" a big tall man walked towards us and extended his hand towards me, I slowly reached out to grab it and nod.

"I'm Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America. Thank you for coming in today, I know it takes a lot to ask for help and come to places like this, but I can promise you know nothing bad will happen. For now I'm just gonna give you a tour of the place and we might try a few things along the way but only if you want to, ok?" He smiles at you, his voice isn't too loud and really he doesn't seem like he could hurt anyone.

"Hi I'm Natasha or Nat, I'm Lucy's girlfriend. I was told that I could be with her through all of this" she spoke up next to me, Steve's eyes went over to her and he smiled for a brief moment.

"Nice to meet you too Nat, that is fine, you're more than welcome to join your girlfriend" he also extends his hand to Nat who takes it quickly.

"If you need anything while we are walking around just let me know, food, drinks, whatever. If there are no further questions then let's take a walk and I'll explain to you about the Avengers and stuff, any questions just ask" Steve points down a corridor and starts walking down it with us following. If I could be any closer to Nat right now I would be, her hand is tight in mine and I'm pushed right into her side. It's going to be ok.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Natasha POV

OMG why did I let Steve do the fucking tour...he hasn't shut up yet. I knew I should have asked Clint, yeah he might be annoying but he doesn't care about history this much. Luckily there aren't many people home at the moment otherwise I don't think this could work. We have done most of the main areas, Lucy is still holding my hand but isn't as close to me as when we first got here, I think she may be relaxing a little more now, which of course is an amazing thing, I'm so proud of her. We are getting closer to Bruce's lab, this is gonna be the first test to see how she cope's here.

"So this is one of the many labs we have here, you will see another one later on. This lab belongs to Doctor Bruce Banner, also known as the Hulk" Steve explains while walking into the lab. I see Bruce leave his desk and walk over to us.

"Hi I'm Bruce, nice to meet both of you" he extends his hand to Lucy first before me. Why is this so weird?

"While you're here with Bruce, I'm just gonna grab lunch for us all, is pizza ok?" Steve asks us both, we both just nod our heads as he walks out of the room. We both turn back to look at Bruce, he signals us to follow him further into his lab to a small seating area. He sits on a chair and signals us to take the couch.

"So usually when people come here we ask if we can run some tests. It's your choice what we do or not do, we can leave it for another time or never do it, completely your choice" Bruce explains calmly to Lucy, I felt her tense at first but she relaxes as he explains. She gives him a slight nod to carry on.

"If you would allow me, I would like to do a complete blood work up to see how your powers have affected your body and if you have anything hidden in there. Also I would like to do a power scan, that doesn't hurt at all and will tell us what powers you have so we know what we need to help you with and stuff. I would also like to do a complete medical assessment but I think we can leave that for today" Bruce explains really calmly to her, I look over to Lucy and she has a small smile breaking her face.

"Yeah...sure, you can do them" she tells Bruce. He asks us to move over to the bed in the middle of the room while he grabs a tray. She sits on the bed while I'm standing next to her holding her hand still. Bruce comes back with a tray, and asks Lucy to hold out her arm. He ties some elastic around her arm before placing the needle in. She puts her head into my chest and I hold her tight. While Bruce is taking a number of blood samples from her, I stroke her hair and whisper encouraging words to her.

"And done" Bruce says while removing the elastic, Lucy whips her head to him quite quickly with a confused look on her face.

"That didn't hurt like the other times?" she questioned Bruce who looked just as puzzled back at her.

"Only the needle going in should pinch a little, taking blood shouldn't hurt. You can tell me more about that another time and I can see if I can figure out what they were doing, ok?" he reaches behind him for a tray of cookies and offers us both one. Lucy goes to say no but Bruce pushes her due to the amount of blood he took to help her sugars.

After eating her two cookies and having a little rest, we made our way over to the power chamber. It looks like this big scary machine, hope she doesn't freak out with this.

"So this machine works like a CT or an MR. You stand inside the red square on the floor and the machine will scan all around you, it will take about five minutes, you will feel no pain just boredom in there" he chuckles at the last part and even Lucy lets out a few giggles. She takes off her bracelet and hands it to me. She then empties all her pockets and puts them on the counter. She trusts me so much if I'm looking after her bracelet but her phone and wallet are fine on the side.

She takes a big breath and steps into the machine, Bruce walks around her setting it up. Her eyes are closed but she doesn't look like she is panicking. Bruce tells her she will hear the machine run and to try to not move if possible. The machine starts spinning around her quite fast, going up and down her whole body. She slowly opens her eyes after a few minutes and keeps them open until the machine has stopped moving and Bruce says she can leave. When she comes over to me I pull her into a massive hug, tell her how proud I am of her. She grabs her stuff and puts her bracelet back on.

"Right so I will have the results by your next visit, for now we will just work with what you know. Before you carry out the tour do you have any questions or medical issues?" Bruce walks us back towards the door while asking.

"I'm good, thanks Bruce" she speaks up next to you. I've just seen she hasn't reached for my hand yet since leaving the machine. I'll wait and see how long this lasts.

Steve is waiting for us near the door.

"Pizza's here in the kitchen if you're done here?"

"Yeah all done, bye Bruce" Lucy replies while following Steve out of the room. He takes you to the end of the corridor, it's one of the smaller kitchens in the compound, at least we aren't eating lunch with everyone else. We ate around the table and just talked about anything that came to mind. I kept looking at Lucy, she had a real smile on her face, she was comfortable and calm here. I think this is going well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thor's POV (Small time jump)

I arrived back at the compound after visiting my now ex-girlfriend Jane, she said we could still be friends and stuff, I know it's all my fault I just don't have enough time for her with everything else going on.

I made my way to the main living quarters, surprised to find no one around. Looking through all the cupboards in the kitchen until I find them. Yes! Pop tarts! I take a seat at the table while having a quick snack. After finishing my third box, I'm still surprised that no one is around. Weird.

"Umm JARVIS, where is everyone?" I ask the voice from the sky.

"Welcome home point break, Dr Banner is in his lab and Mr Stark is in his. All other Avengers are in the training area" JARVIS answered.

I walked towards the elevator and headed towards the training rooms. Everyone was standing around watching a TV screen of a young lady using her powers inside of the room. She looked powerful but scared of her powers, I wonder if she's a new recruit?

The door to the room opens and she walks over to Lady Natasha and gives her a big hug, even Lady Natasha is hugging her back and kissing her head, she must be really special for her to do that. I don't want to seem rude, I better introduce myself to the young lady. I take a few steps closer to them both through the rest of the Avengers.

"Good afternoon Lady Nastasha, glad to see you back from your mission so soon" I look from Natasha to the young lady who was still in her grip.

"Hello, I'm Thor Odinson, god of thunder and son to Odin, king of Asgard. I'm with the Avengers like Lady Natasha here, it's nice to meet you" I reach out my hand offering it to her.

"Shit...I would start running dude before Nat kills you" Clint whispers behind me. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Natasha's POV

I'm going to fucking kill him!

I feel Lucy pull from my arms, she takes a step back and just looks at me confused, I can see the green tint in her eyes already.

"What does he mean, Nat? You're with them?" She starts asking me, her voice getting louder at times. I can see the tears in her eyes but she's holding them back. I try to reach for her but she pushes me back.

"I can explain Lucy, please let me explain..."She cuts me off before I can say anything else, the green in her eyes is getting worse. I look behind me to Steve and mouth the word "bracelet" so he can go and grab it from Tony since she left it with him before coming to the training room.

"I don't want to hear it, you said that the Avengers were the good ones but you were just using me to get me here, do you even have feelings for me? Was anything in the last two weeks real or just your mission?" she starts to shout at me, I can see the green energy pulsing around her. The door next to us opens and Wanda rushes out, Lucy looks even more pissed off.

"Lucy, we will explain but for now you need to breathe, you're losing control. Let's go for a walk, get some air while Steve gets your bracelet for you" Wanda says to her calmly but it isn't working. I can see Wanda's eyes turn red, getting herself ready in case she needs to step in.

"No, you don't get to tell me what to do. I trusted you both, I guess Maria is involved with this too. What did you do to me last night? Why did I tell you everything?" The green glow around her body grows and starts pulsing.

"We gave you something so you could tell us the truth, we had to make sure we had the right person" I calmly responded, might not be the best idea but I need to earn her trust back so need to stick with the truth.

Her body starts shaking, Wanda moves all of us further away from her. Then within a second a loud snap is heard and she's gone. What the hell? I hear Steve running around the corner with her bracelet but it's too late she's gone and I have no idea where.

I spin around and my eyes lock on to Thor. I started marching towards him, I must look pissed since they all took off running, even Clint left. I will kill him later, god or not.

"Hey Nat, don't worry, we will find her, she will be ok. I'll let Maria know what happened in case she goes home. I didn't know she could teleport" Wanda tries to comfort me. I pulled her into a hug while feeling my emotions get the best of me. I know she was my mission but I enjoyed her company and I just hope she's ok, wherever she is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 170 27
You are the newest recruitment to the Avengers, working undercover compared to the rest of the team fighting crime with their strength, technology, p...
4.8K 184 40
When you lost your brother, you lost everything. After seventy years of cyrostasis, you wake up in a strange new world with your brothers best frien...
14.7K 224 22
Tony and Natasha have big secret that no one except Nick Fury and Maria Hill know about. They have a six-year-old daughter. It's been one heck of a t...
23.2K 521 26
Y/N was trained by HYDRA, and has been for as long as she can remember. She has become more dangerous than you could imagine, and she has been given...