Guardian Angel

By A1750S

[Kim Dokja x og fem character] "Why are you here with me? Why are you protecting me?" "Because I'm your guard... More

Prologue
1: wake up
2: the name interest me
3: hangouts before disaster
4: it's starting
5: time to hunt
6: not as plan but better
7: training and run away
9: just kill me
10: not yet, but closer
11: her, his euphoria
12: awkward
13: Gourmet Association gone wrong
14: her choice
15: the enigma and feelings
16: you fool!
17: 1863rd round
18: happy ending is not the end
19: reality that shouldn't be altered
20: back to the 'future'
21: can I hug you?
22: it's just a 'dream'
23: where is she?!
24: to trust, to the end
25: the lie or the truth
26: Gigantomachia started
27: her fate, her demise
28: always a liar
29: the awaiting truth
30: Fifth Wall
31: it has been a while
32: waiting is painful (if you're alone)
33: now, we are together
34: good and evil
35: fight, strive, kill!
36: mind games
37: Apocalypse Dragon
38: sacrifice
39: Chaos Creator

8: unexpected revelation

462 37 7
By A1750S

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

Stealthily.

She followed them in the shadow.

'I feel like a creep.'

She brushed that thought from her mind and followed their movements with her eyes.

Kim Dokja's party just went into a late slumber after the drinking session.

Yes, Cha Haemin could witness the almost-kissing scene between Kim Dokja and Yoo Sangah.

Biting her lower lip when she saw their close proximity. Frowning.

No. She's not jealous.

Of course not.

No way.

.....right?

Nah, why would she be jealous anyway?

There aren't any feelings between them.

She then went away after she saw they woke up one by one without anyone notice, she hoped. The last thing she wanted to happen is she was discovered observing them like a stalker.

She saw the red head. The younger-looking Korean man. One with brown hair and another with black. And the other with mulberry coloured hair.

She assumed that her hypothesis is correct which is the red head is THAT Cale Henituse. The black hair is Choi Han and she doesn't know the other two. Especially the pale looking man with fangs.

Not to mention the pink-haired woman that was unconscious since then.

She had made another hypothesis when she was observing them. Their world also has a variable.

That question is who?

The pink hair?

The mulberry hair?

Or the person they did not manage to save earlier?

She heard their conversation and knew half of the story. This red hair is looking for someone or two. They managed to save one but not the other.

And she heard it is his wife. Cha Haemin is bewildered. Since when the Cale Henituse she read in a book are getting married?

W̶h̶a̶t̶ k̶i̶n̶d̶ o̶f̶ f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ s̶h̶e̶ h̶a̶d̶ b̶e̶e̶n̶ l̶i̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ i̶n̶ r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ n̶o̶w̶?̶

All in all, she just assumed that their story was also changed.

Now, what she wanted to know is how long this red hair will get stuck in this world? What will he do? What is his goal? Clearly, he knew about this world right?

Because Cha Haemin doesn't want anyone to interrupt with her plan but... eh if this man has the better idea, she will let him do the work. He is someone that always gets into trouble anyway.

Byaming, without asking had told her everything. Such a cute dokkaebi, he told her about what'd happened because of the reason that he didn't want her to look stupid.

[Humph! Better be grateful, woman. I am telling you this not because you look confused but because your face looks stupid. I don't want a dumb incarnation in my channel.]

He left after that. So, that's why she knew some of the contents about the sudden arrival of the new disaster.

[Constellation 'Director of Limbo Mist' is looking at you.]

"What is it?"

[Constellation 'Director of Limbo Mist' is intrigued as to why you watched those people.]

[Constellation 'Horizon Theatre Misery' asks if you knew any of them.]

'They are so full of questions.'

"What if I say yes?"

[Constellation 'Director of Limbo Mist' asks then why did you not meet them.]

Cha Haemin looked back at the group. More specifically towards the still sleeping Kim Dokja.

'He must be with Persephone now.'

"Not the time yet."
She said it as a whisper and walked away from the scene.

Little did she know, someone had detected her presence.

"Where are you looking?"

Clang!

Yoo Joonghyuk frowned.

"Tsk. None of your business."

The younger looking man, Choi Han rolled his eyes. He will not be here to spar with this stoic man if he had a choice.

"Then focus."

Yoo Joonghyuk's frown deepened. Brat.

'That presence feels like at the station.'

He brushed that thought to focus on this spar. If that person did not interfere too much, it was not any of his concern.

However, he will always remember the black hair of the person who he managed to catch on. That person emitted a great power that he almost flinched.

Then, he made a promise to himself. If he catches a glimpse or sense that person's presence again, he will face them head on.

Clang!

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

She pulled down the hood to hide her face. Watching Kim Dokja and his party went into the portal to go to the Peace Land. A new scenario will begin there and also here.

"I need to go back before Nirvana comes."

But she still has something else to do in her mind when she saw the red head did not participate in the scenario in Peace Land.

She needed to know what that man wanted to do now. She won't let curiosity eat her when she gets back to Murim.

She walked while fixing her eyes onto the party of the red head.

At the same time, a woman walked in the opposite direction of her. They collided with each other.

"Ah, I'm sorry."
She said.

The woman adjusted her mask on her face.

"It's fine."

The woman smiled and saw the young woman bowing then walked away.

The woman was about to get back to her group before she stopped and remembered something. The older person looked back at the younger woman who just bumped into her.

"Doesn't that's the girl in the picture Dokja showed me before?"

She still remembers when in the prison. Her son always talked about the novel when they met, but one day, there's one different thing that her son talked about.

At first, it was just one mere line.

"I've made a friend."

The next time they met, her son talked about how they were becoming close.

"We eat together and study together. She's always there when I need her."

That time, she knew that her son had taken a liking towards the mentioned friend based on how her son talked with sparkling eyes, which is the only expression her son ever expressed when he talked about the novel before.

The next time, his son showed a picture of the girl. He was shy at that moment. Showing that one piece of paper with the photo of him and the friend towards her.

Lee Sookyung still remembers that picture even though it has been a long time. The picture where her son smiles so brightly alongside someone he loves.

She doesn't know what'd happened between them because her son had not visited her for long.

"Hmm Cha Haemin, isn't it?"

Lee Sookyung wanted to know, what this woman had done until now and how she survived, and why she just popped up now of all time.

Even she, as a King of Wanderer is already getting back towards the track of the main scenario. But Lee Sookyung doesn't remember seeing this woman anywhere before, not even with her son.

Lee Sookyung walked away.

'She must have her own story.'

~

"Where the hell did they go?"

Cha Haemin blinked in confusion when the red head's party suddenly vanished from her sight.

She thought this occurrence would only happen once, but then after she found them again, they vanished again.

She gave up after that. Looks like they are not involved in the main scenario at the moment.

Byaming also pestered her to move and do something, not stalking. Some unknown constellations also had noticed her.

"Yes yes, I know."

Not like she had been lazy and 'observing' this entire time. She also had killed some monsters and avoided Nirvana for her own sanity. She still doesn't have a mind barrier skill, she will be at a disadvantage if they ever encounter each other.

"I'll be gone for a while, Byaa."

[What? Where? How long?]

"To continue training, I can't tell you where, and I don't know for how long this time."

[Constellation 'Horizon Theatre Misery' asks why you won't tell the location.]

"Because it is training for me to become one of you, so I can't let any interference in my training."

She smiled.

[Constellation 'Horizon Theatre Misery' scoffed at your bold declaration.]

[Constellation 'Guardian of Youths and Travel' is smiling knowingly.]

[Constellation 'Director of Limbo Mist' is grinning.]

[Constellation 'Horizon Theatre Misery' asks if constellation 'Director of Limbo Mist' and constellation 'Guardian of Youths and Travel' know where.]

[Constellation 'Guardian of Youths and Travel' just shrugging.]

[Constellation 'Director of Limbo Mist' says you are too dumb to know.]

She ignored the rest. Why are these constellations always wasting their coins to banter like a child?

"Byaa, see you later."

[W- wait, could you at least tell me where you go?]

Cha Haemin looked up at Byaming. She smiled.

"Come here."

She motioned her hand for Byaming to come closer. Byaming hesitantly coming closer.

Without much thought, she petted his head, avoiding his horn. Byaming widened his eyes and backed away.

[Wh..what are you doing?!]

'Wow, so soft!'

"Pfft, goodbye! Don't be too angry at me, you look cute rather than scary."

She opened the portal and vanished from Seoul. Byaming is dumbfounded, and the constellations are still fighting.

She was engulfed in darkness and was presented with something scary.

"Looks like my disciple finally found the way back here."

Bark! Bark!

She gulped.
"M.. master, I–"

"Run."

She ran.

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

How many weeks had passed? She had lost count of how long she had been back at Murim.

"How was your training?"

Cha Haemin cringed at the voice. She didn't manage to meet this constellation in her sleep when she was in Seoul, but the routine of their meeting happened again after she was back at First Murim.

Is this constellation's power to meet her only restricted in Murim?

"Please let me sleep in peace!"

She covered her face with her hands. She had been training a lot, her punishment. Worse than she had expected.

'I'll leave a note the next time I go somewhere again.'

She was exhausted. Finally managed to learn some of the Breaking the Sky Sword Techniques. She needs a long way to learn the techniques properly though.

Like her master told her,

"You are sh*t at this. Weak like a twig. I wonder if the one who sent you here actually wants me to kill you or humiliate you."

The words strike her like a bullet. She was hurt by that declaration.

But hey, she is improving. Right?

And when she wanted some support, the Breaking the Sky Master just barked and wagged her tail. Her senior sure likes to see her being roasted.

"Well, no?"

She groaned.

"Could you tell me why you are interested in me?"

"Who said I am interested in you? Are you delusional?"

She frowned. Fine. Even in her sleep, she can't rest in peace. Maybe this is her karma for being a bit*h towards many people in her past life.

Nah, f**k karma.

"Don't talk to me."

She heard a chuckle that gave her goosebump.

"You are so cute."

Chill runs down her spine. Da*n what is this constellation trying to do?

"Do you want to meet me?"

Silence. She opened her eyes widely. Looking at the hazy figure of the constellation.

"...Why?"
But she's still skeptical.

"Isn't that your goal? To be one of us?"

She furrowed her eyebrows.
"Why is that has something to do with meeting you?"

"An opportunity."

Cha Haemin narrowed her eyes. What is it now?

"An opportunity for you to commence your next plan."

Like an electric shock running through her body. She looked down before a manic grin formed on her face.

"Pft hahahahahahahahahaha!!"

She raised her head to look at Nyx.

"You knew all along."

She said between her teeth. She is angry. Furious even. If Nyx had known all along her plan, Nyx must have been toying with her until now.

Unacceptable.

"What are you trying to do, Nyx? You knew I was going to kill you but you're still 'helping' me?"

"Hmm."

Cha Haemin gritted her teeth. Maybe, she was wrong all this time. She was dancing in the palm of Nyx. Maybe she had been trying to gain power in the shadow, tempting and provoking constellations, but THIS constellation came at her because this constellation knew.

She is not omnipotent. She is also not omniscient. The identity of constellation Director of Limbo Mist that she'd read in the novel may differ from reality. In this reality she is living right now.

So, if Nyx already knew Cha Haemin's plan, why did she go along with it? Why did Nyx help her? Why did Nyx make connections with her? Why– wait, Cha Haemin knew why.

"You want to find a successor."

Nyx hummed in amusement.

"Hilarious. Me?"

"You're just a candidate, Kang Rael."

She froze. How many did this constellation know?

"What are you talking about?"
She acted ignorant.

"Don't need to lie, Rael. I know all along since the first scenario started."

It has been so long to hear that name. She'd throw away that name anyway, and not expect someone from this world to mention it.

"You brought me here."

"I'm not, but I know who."

'It was such a shame that she forgot everything after the accident. They were such a cute couple.'
Nyx thought solemnly.

"Who?"

"It's not something for you to know."

Cha Haemin clicked her tongue.

"Then, I accept."

Nyx smiled.

"Where are you?"

"Why are you in such a hurry?"

"You know why."

Cha Haemin clenched her fist. If this is the opportunity given for her, who is she to be arrogant by not accepting it. She knows she is weak, that's why she needs a chance to be strong.

She needs a short way, even if she needs to make a deal with the devil.

She is not lying when she says she wanted to be one of the constellations. She needs to be one or find another hard way. She has a goal and promise to fulfill.

Now, when she knew that someone had sent her into this world, should she find that being? But when to think again, better not.

"In three days, go to the end of Murim."

She suddenly felt dizzy.

"I warned you."

The last thing she saw is the clear face of Nyx.

"You might die."

She smirked and thought,
'I already died once.'

At the next moment, she opened her eyes when the sky was no longer dark.

She not get up instantly. She thought back about the conversation she had with Nyx.

What she had planned when the apocalypse struck, first, she needed to become a constellation.

The way is by defeating the constellation Director of Limbo Mist.

The why is because from the novel Ways of Survival, Nyx is one of the constellations that had not been mentioned in the ORV novel.

Nyx was just mentioned once with the only line.

「 The Director of Limbo Mist, the dying constellation that can rival Prisoner of the Golden Headband by the term of strength, also one of the constellations that sponsored Yoo Joonghyuk in his 999th regression for one time with an insane amount of coins. 」

Dying constellation.

That's one clue for her to search for this constellation. Dying constellations doesn't mean they are weak, Moreover a constellation that is par with Sun Wukong is no joke. It is an insane plan for her because she could die but she is ready for it.

An insane person needs an insane plan to move further, isn't it?

That's it. She was shocked when she saw the constellation's name as one of her sponsors in the first scenario. Seems like everything had been planned for her from the start.

L̶i̶k̶e̶ h̶e̶r̶ s̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ h̶a̶d̶ b̶e̶e̶n̶ w̶r̶i̶t̶t̶e̶n̶

Of course, this is merely her theory but not anymore after she knew that her arriving in this world was someone else doing

That's something she can think about later.

She was not thought that Nyx needed a successor until just now. Is that why she gives her fortune to Yoo Joonghyuk because she can't find a suitable successor? But why only mentioned once and more importantly why 999th turn?

That's something she can't figure out.

Then again, Cha Haemin or Kang Rael came into this world, then become a suitable successor from the start. Why her of all people?

Da*n it! She was always bound to be a puppet for someone, isn't it?

"Wake up."

Cha Haemin went out from her bubble thoughts. She looked at her master.

"Go eat and get ready for practise."

She blinked again. Isn't this already afternoon? Wait, why is her master did not wake her up for morning practise?

"Afternoon?"

"Any complaints?"

She woke up and shook her head. She rushed to freshen herself and eat to prepare herself for another hellish day.

'I need to become stronger. I'm still weak. Even in my next 100 years, I still can't manage to win against Nyx.'

She had made her resolve.

'Then I'll kill her even it takes million years. I can't say no to a dying elder, right?'

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

Bark! Bark!

"She ran away again? Sigh."

Namgung Minyoung shook her head. What she must do to her disciple after this? Surely, the hellish training are not the way.

"Maybe I should just tie her up every night."

Bark!

"Oh what is that?"

She picked up the letter from the Breaking the Sky Master. She read the content in the small paper.

"She had made her mind hm? It was not a waste of time to train her that technique then."

Namgung Minyoung remembered back two days before. Suddenly, Cha Haemin was eager to practise. Not complaining and obeying everything.

She noticed the weird demeanor but she knew her disciple had made her mind. Cha Haemin had improved significantly.

She's not dumb. She noticed some night Cha Haemin was covered in some kind of transparent barrier even she can't get through. Cha Haemin was connected to a constellation at that time, she could feel the power.

At first, she thought Cha Haemin was attacked, but then after this occurrence happened again and again, she just thought that whoever this constellation is, they had chosen Cha Haemin as their next power welder.

The power in Cha Haemin's body also becoming stronger, and if it continue to grow, Cha Haemin will die. Her body can't handle that kind of power right now.

Bark! Bark!

"Let's see what she will become after she came back. If she's still alive that's it."

Bark.

Breaking the Sky Master lowered her tail. Not quite liking if Cha Haemin died.

"Don't worry, she will come back alive. Just maybe lost some limbs."

~

Cha Haemin looked at the distorted air in front of her. No one would noticed if they not take a closer look.

She extended her hand and the air broken like glasses before it surrounding her.

"You have come."

Cha Haemin opened her closed eyes. She was presented with a place that full of dark gray mist. She can't see beyond the mist. In front of her is a tall and big throne.

The cold atmosphere here is sending chill through her vine.

Someone was sitting on it.

"Welcome to Niflheim, the underworld of cold and mist."

"Weird because the ruler here should be someone else. Isn't that right, killer of Hel?"

Nyx hummed in amusement.

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

Just to make a declaration, I had use some term from the mythology but not the history because I'm lack of knowledge in that kind of field, I'm just googling it to match the skill Haemin will use later. (⁠•⁠ ⁠▽⁠ ⁠•⁠;⁠)

Well yes, the next chapter would be the fight, and to be honest I'm not good at the fight scene (from my own pov yeah) ⊙⁠﹏⁠⊙
Cheer because my exam had finished and I'm currently in semester break! ♪⁠~⁠(⁠´⁠ε⁠`⁠ ⁠)

Thank you for reading! ▼⁠・⁠ᴥ⁠・⁠▼

(31/7/2023)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

507 36 10
"You'll protect me, right nemi?" "Yeah" She gave an adorable smile to him and he returned it by wrapping his tiny hands around hers and dragging her...
173K 5.3K 41
"If I'm going to die anyway, there's no point in trying to live." A typical reincarnated into a villainess story, except the protagonist isn't your t...
30K 1.3K 32
A world full of Human........a sudden virus came and corrupts them turning them into demons or more known as zombies or the undead but what if...
8.4K 752 32
Book 2 of Welcome Home [Cale x og fem character] Everything feels strange. He should enjoy his slacker life now. But something is missing. Someone tr...