Chased by Life and Death

By Lillian2Gwen

"She is a monster.", they said. Well, they are not wrong. I'm not a normal monster like the others from the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
The End
Authors Note

Chapter 26

35 6 0
By Lillian2Gwen

Monica

I strode into the kitchen as Logan placed the pancakes on the plates. One week has passed since our training in the woods and things are good. The guys got used to my powers and now I'm freer to act how I want but Blake has been distant. I know he's upset about what I did to him but this is weirder. Any time I go to a room with him inside he says an excuse and leaves. The guys won't tell me but I will find out and I will persuade him that all this time it wasn't a lie.

"Have you packed?" Logan asked me. I turned to him confused. "What do you mean? Are we moving?"

He stared at the wall. He looked disappointed. But with what? Or with whom. "I told Blake to tell you about the holidays. But I guess he didn't say anything to you."

"What holidays? We have been at school for two weeks after the Christmas holidays and now we have again. What is this time? Easter?"

He rolled his eyes. "They want us to train not to sit on a couch for a whole day that's why we have these holidays. We are leaving in a few minutes."

My eyes widened. "We are leaving in a few minutes and nobody had the concern to tell me anything? Fuck." I turned angry with them and head to my room. I closed the door and exhale. "Someday I will smack the shit out of them. The bastards." I said to no one. What? I like to talk to myself it's not a bad thing. I think the air understands you more than a person. No offence. I take a few clothes and to tell you the truth I don t care what I will take with me. I threw two pairs of shoes; my headphones and closed them. I put on my jacket and walked out of my room. I don't turn my eyes to the guys who are in the living room with their bags. When I pass Blake who is standing, I stop and turn to him.

"Thank you for letting me know about the holidays. Oh, and I will say this: I never faked anything. Everything was real but you are so stupid that you couldn't see what was in front of you. And you can stop ignoring me. I know that you are sick of my face but stop. Just stop!" I shouted the last words. His eyes widen and tears gathered in my ears. I turned and left through the door. As I ran, I wiped them before anyone saw them. It's my fucking fault that I help them. I help them and in the end, I'm like trash to them.

I'm sick of this. I want to run away from everyone. Nobody can understand me. Sometimes I wish Ethan didn't have to die back then but I. Just how many years, months, weeks, days or minutes are they going to stay with a monster? I stopped at Ian's car and tossed my bags inside. I placed my head on the cool surface and closed my eyes. Hands were placed on either side of me and I lifted my head.

"Stop running away. It wasn't your fault." Tristan said and he circled me with his arms. My back was at his chest and I lowered my head against his shoulder. "I can't Tristan. I think I'm tired of it. I just can't." My voice cracked at the end and he growled. He spun me and took my face in his hands.

"Don't say that again. I don't want to hear this ever from your mouth. Okay? Monica we all have some problems or insecurities, call them whatever you want, but we engage them. We examine them and love them. It's who we are, who you are and if we want to love you, we have to love these insecurities."

"But-" I started.

"For fucks say." And then his mouth is on mine. His lips were soft and I returned the kiss. He signed in relief but then he grabbed me and brought me closer. His hands travelled to my ass and squeezed. I moaned. Footsteps sounded and I broke away from him. I turned to see Parker with a smirk on his face and dark eyes. "That was hot as hell." He said casually like he just didn't catch his best friend with the girl he kissed.

"I- We – That was-" He stepped in front of me and brought his mouth close to my ear.

"Babe, that was the hottest thing I have ever seen and no it doesn't bother me that you kissed Tristan rather it turned me on." I gasped out loud and he chuckled. He licked my ear and I shivered as he backed away. He opened the door and got inside and I turned to Tristan. He shrugged. "Let's go." He said as the guys exited the building. As he passed me, he smacked my ass and I yelled. Heat covered my face and I touched it. What is happening? The guys approach and I turned and got my seat in the back with Parker and Tristan. When I finally sat, Tristan grabbed me and placed me between them.

"Now we are good," he said and Ian got in the driver's seat while Luke took the passenger seat. The rest of them went to Hunter's car. Great. "Are we ready to leave?" Ian asked us and we nodded. "Why the silence?"

Tristan and Parker chuckled. "Yeah, Why the silent treatment, Monica?" I smacked their head. "Shut the fuck up, assholes." Ian started the engine and headed to the gates.

"Let's put some music." Luke broke the silence. He turned the radio open and 'No Guidance' started to play. I relaxed and moved my head to the rhythm while I sang the lyrics. "Monica, can I ask you a question?" Ian asked.

"Yeah."

"That day you find me in the kitchen after the nightmare, it was you that sang when I was in the shower."

"Yes."

"I didn't know you sing to someone when this someone is taking a shower." Tristan teased. I smirked. "Jealous?"

He shook his head. "The opposite."

'Call out my name' sounds from the speakers and I said to Luke "Turn more the sound." He nodded. We sang until our throats were sore. The next song began to play and we started to dance in the back seat.

"That's my fucking girl!" Ian shouted out the window.

                                                                      • • • • • • • • •

It's been hours since we started. I continue to stare outside the window at the large pine trees on either side of the road. As long as your eyesight can reach you can see a lot of green and brown. Here the trees are much dense than in other places. Ian turned left and we finally can take a small peek of the house. I hope it hasn't changed since we were here the last time. He stopped the car and I don't wait, I pushed against my seat and crawled to Parker's lap. "Oof." He exclaimed in surprise. I don't stop. I opened the door and force my legs to stand. I looked around and a smile curled on my face. It hasn't changed.

A road of stone leads to the front yard of the house. The walls, in good condition, are still white with their matching brown tiles. Large dense shrubs surround it and birds can be heard all over the area. The house is two-storey and the windows on the first floor are open probably to clean the house. Usually, there is an old lady who comes and maintains it. I don't wait for the others and I run around the house to the backyard. The ground is filled with green grass and together there are bushes in certain shapes. When I get to the point where I want, I stop and a feeling of joy overwhelms me. In front of me unfolds a large lake where at the edge is built with stone. Another small wooden pier is built up to one point of the port.  Footsteps are heard from behind me and a few seconds after exclamations of surprise.

The smell of fresh water and fauna surrounds my nose. Next to the pier, on the grass is built around a bench with brown pillows and in the middle is placed a sunny table, also round. Luke passed me and started to walk on the small path that looked like a bridge leading to the lake. I'm so excited that I end up screaming. The guys were startled and looked around for any threat. I turned with a smile on my lips and run towards the house. "What happened to her?" I heard Hunter asking.

I run up the stairs that lead to the back door and threw it open. Immediately my eyes scanned the familiar kitchen. The white cabinets and shelves perfectly match the colour of the wall and a large dining room covered the middle of the kitchen. I continued to walk further inside when I reached the living room with a large window in a wall position overlooking the backyard and of course the lake.

Tristan pushed me and he took the stairs that led to the first floor. "I'm taking the big room!" he shouted as Parker and Ian ran after him while chuckling. The stairs continue and down which I remember led to the laundry, gym and playroom. Luke nudges me toward the stairs. I smiled at him. We took the stairs and we came to a hall with rooms. The first was open and voices sounded. Ian took his head out of the door. "This room is taken, take another one."

I signed. What gentlemen they are. I walk to the next room and Logan appeared in front of me with black smoke around him. "This room is mine, Hunter's and Micah's." My mouth hung open. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I turned and headed to the last room which faced the lake. In an instant, Noah was opening the door and Blake and Luke passed me. They forced a smirk. "We got that one."

I will fucking-

I stopped and took a large breath. No, you will not ruin my day, pigs. I turned for the last time and headed to the last room which faced the front of the house. Two other doors were on either of its side and I imagine there would be the bathrooms, the large one and the small one. I looked around for any other interruptions and threw open the door. I sign in relief. The room was beautiful. A huge bed was on the right with beige sheets and a large drawer on the right. Just opposite the bed, there was a beige closet and in the middle of an empty piece was placed a TV. To the left of the bed was an armchair that looked out the window with a golden curtain.

I didn't bother to close the door as I run towards the bed and jumped. Instead of feeling the soft feeling of the mattress, I felt something softer and woollier. I opened my eyes and blue eyes stared back at me. Fluffy shifted and growled in greeting. I closed my eyes and signed. Why to me? Just why? My door cracked open and I lifted my head. Tristan smirked wickedly. "You seem a little upset. Why don't you take a small breath?"

I groaned in anger and I rushed to my feet while Tristan laughed and run out. "Get back here, asshole!" I chased him down the chairs and I burst to the living breathing heavily. Hunter and Micah turned to me where they stood at the corner of the living room. Micah smiled in understanding. "He ran outside."

I exhale and I headed outside. "Someday..." I murmured. I crossed the green grass and when my feet finally touched the wood from the pier, I removed my shoes and socks and sat at the edge of the pier. Slowly I dipped my toes into the cold water and a shiver rushed threw me. Noises sounded from the house but I ignored them and tried to focus on the sound of the water and the bird song. I closed my eyes and tilted my head back to relax. Footsteps sounded but I didn't open my eyes because I knew before I opened them who was. He slowly sat down like a cat and waited. "Isn't the water cold?"

His voice was deep as always but still demanding and annoying. I opened my eyes and stared at my reflection in the water. "A little."

"You know that you have brought many problems since you joined our team?" I laughed.

"Yeah, many people have said that. I'm used to it."

"My brother has become attached to you."

I don't react but my stomach twisted. "And he's not the only one. All of them." He added.

A smile started to form on my face. "Are you included?" I asked in curiosity. He didn't say anything but he chuckled. "No, I work alone. Maybe you have seen that."

I shook my head. "I think you are wrong about that. You care for everyone but you have been taught not to show anything. That's why. But I will tell you something and if you want you can listen to me. It's not a bad thing to feel something for someone or show it. You are not a stone, you are a being who breaths, eats, shows emotions and needs someone beside you." He still doesn't say anything and I shifted uncomfortably. Maybe I said something bad?

"Thank you." The sudden words jerked my head towards him. My eyes widened and my mouth opened. He was looking at me with those eyes. Omg, these eyes... can kill people with just a stare. "For what?' I was forced to ask.

He took a lock of my hair and pulled it behind my ear. That's when I realized how close we were. His thighs were touching mine and I felt like I was burning at that place. "That day when the wolf attacked the dining hall. I- Thank you for saving me. I didn't thank you." I was paralysed. I didn't know what to do. "And the time when you saved us from the same wolf in the woods, thank you for that too." He added. I closed my mouth and smiled softly. Nobody has said that to me. Well, many but not like that. This is different.

"I did what I had to do Hunter." His name dripped from my mouth and felt like honey. His eyes glimpsed for a second and he darted out his tongue to wet his dry lips. "I want to see the real you." I blurted out. "I mean I want to see you relax and dance and sing even laughing."

He smirked. "You have to come closer if you want to experience these things, sunshine."

"I will." For a second his eyes became sad but they returned to their normal. "You are not like I expected."

I rose slowly and looked at him with a small smile on my face. "I have heard this sentence from many and I believed they will never know entirely." With that, I turned and started to walk back to the house. "Dress up. We are going out." He shouted just for me to hear him. I continued to walk and got inside the house. The guys were downstairs because their voices sounded from there. I ran up the chairs and opened my room door. I threw my bag open and took out my things. I took in my hands a towel and headed to the bathroom. After I had a shower and dried my hair, I got out. When I was in the hall, a door opened and Luke stepped out. His eyes travelled to my body and they left a hot trail behind. They went back to my face and I blushed, him too.

"Sorry." He spoke.

I waved a hand. "Don't be sorry. I am the one who is walking around with a towel."

"Well, it's nice seeing you like that," Noah said behind Luke and he stepped forward. In his trial followed Blake. When he saw my state his eyes glowed. I smirked. "Enjoy what you are seeing?" I purred as I passed them while shaking a little more my hips and ass. They groaned and I opened my door. "See you in a few, guys."

I closed the door and let the towel fall from my hands. The dress was red with thin braces. Its length reached halfway through my thighs. I pulled it over my head without wearing a bra. The silk material was so soft and it fitted me well. I pulled the small laces that were on the sides of their dresses. Next, I curled my hair and let them loose down to my waist. Then, I put on some mascara, red lipstick, concealer, and powder and I was finished with my face. I sprayed my favourite perfume, wore my black heels and my black jacket and exited my room.

It was eight o'clock when I checked my phone while I took the stairs down. "Come on Monica!" Logan shouted.

"I'm coming you don't have to yell," I told him. I walked outside and the cold air brushed my warm skin. "Well, that's a hell dress," Tristan said while he examined me.

"And the girl who wears it is hot as hell," Ian added. All the eyes roomed over me and I blushed.

"You are not going out like that," Logan said and I laughed.

"Why? Because my nipples are shown or that you can't control yourself, captain." I said with an innocent face. I walked past them to the car. When I turned, I looked at them from head to toe. They wore jeans and tight t-shirts while their hair was like someone had run their hands threw them. 

"Are you ready to leave?"

                                                                               •••••••••

After thirty minutes of driving, we finally pulled outside the bar. People were outside drinking and laughing. Micah opened my door and I stepped out. "Thank you," I spoke. He smiled at me and I hooked my arm through his. When we were all outside of the cars we headed to the front door. We left our belongings to a man and walk inside. The place was smelling sweat, alcohol, drugs and sex. Many of the people here were supernatural's and humans were among them. My feet walked me to the bar and I ordered us drinks.

"Now we start the fun," Tristan said and walked to the dance floor. Hunter, Logan and Micah stood at the other side of the dance floor, whiskey in hands. Noah, Luke and Blake had gone upstairs and sat at one of the stalls looking down at the people who were dancing. My eyes turned as a girl with dark red hair with a black skinny dress got closer to Hunter. To my credit, he smiled wickedly as she whispered something in his ear. His eyes found mine. Oh, you want to play dirty games. Okay, I will play dirty.

I drank my beer and the cocktail that was next to me, not caring whose was and strode to the dance floor. As a waiter passed with drinks, I grabbed two more and swallowed them all at once. I gave them to a guy and when I finally was where I wanted, at the sight where they could watch me, I stopped. 'Give me everything' by Pitbull played from the speakers. I turned my head back and let my body loose. My hips started to move, then my hands, the lyrics fell from my lips and then I moved my whole body. I sang and I danced as the minutes passed.

I knew that they were watching me from the start. I opened my eyes and then collided with his. He watched me with hungry eyes and the rest of the guys. What I wanted to accomplish, I accomplished. Maybe I can continue it just a little. Someone grabbed me from behind. His hands dragged over my body. I let him. I spun around only to gasp when Ian's face came into my view. His blue eyes glowed and I threw my hands around his neck. Maybe I have drunk a little more. He smiled and we danced until we were breathless. Then 'Love me like you do' sounded from the speakers. He put his arms to my waist and we stared into each other's eyes.

As the song played, I couldn't take my eyes off his. I was paralysed by him. I want to kiss him. Will he say something? What if I don't kiss right? Maybe he doesn't see me like this.

"Stop overthinking."

He came forward and kissed me. My eyes widened and my grip tightened on him. His kiss was deep and hungry like he wanted to do it for a long time. We continued to kiss each other until someone touched my shoulder. We broke apart, lips swollen and gazed back at Parker and Tristan.

"Do you mind if we joined?" They exchange smirks with Ian. At some point, I was curious to see Hunter's face. He was at the same place but this time behind the table. His eyes were hungry and my eyes trailed from his mouth to his shoulder, arm and hand which were under the table, invisible to others. My eyes widened. He-

When he saw that I realised what he was doing he smirked and I think he called my name, I don't remember because the guys grabbed me and turned me to dance. My head was ready to burst and I don't remember stopping. I think I touched places which I shouldn't and I don't recall if I kissed the guys again or they me. To tell you the truth I didn't care.

Sometimes my eyes closed with me still dancing and kissing them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3.3K 29
I left behind the scared girl I was. I didn't want to be her anymore, and standing up to those who bully is what I should have done from the beginnin...
17.9K 284 43
Four good girls looking for no trouble , get involved with four mischievous boys full of havoc finding interest in these girls as well as corrupting...
923 145 42
I never thought my life could make a 180 degree turn . I just wanted to party and enjoy like the rest of the teenagers in the world. Never thought on...
428K 19.2K 17
Growing up in hell has been completely normal to me, being surrounded by demon's and evil soul's is nothing, they don't scare me. But the day mom tol...