The Deacons daughter

By LaceyStrode5

(male Esmeralda x oc) All of you know the story of the hunchback of Notre Dame, but does anyone know of the s... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
fact page (Mira)
Vote
Information

Chapter 14

424 10 11
By LaceyStrode5

Sanctuary!

"Nor would I."
Frollo smiles gleefully at the top of the stairs as his guards run down the steps and cornered every Gypsy in the place.
Esmeraldo pulls Mira behind him as the five of them are surrounded by guards, Djali and Bandit going to help their owners but are stopped as a guard grabs a hold of them.

They look around in disbelief, panicking as Frollo gets closer to them. "After 20 years of searching, the court of Miracles is mine at last." Frollo smiles in satisfaction, walking up to Quasimodo.
"Deer Quasimodo. I always knew you would someday be of use to me." He passed him, petting his hair back as if he were a dog before walking up to Mira, who was now held captive by a guard.

"No." Quasi gasps in disbelief.
"What are you talking about?" Mira asks Frollo, her composer slipping as she slowly realizes they lost.
"Why, he left me right to you, my dear." He caressed her cheek as he told her, causing her to put up her walls again and glare at him. "You're a liar." She growled, watching as he walked up to Phoebus.
"And look what else I've caught in my net. Captain Phoebus, back from the dead." Phoebus and Damica start to struggle against their captors, scowling at him.

"Another "miracle," No doubt. I shall remedy that." He then walks back over to Mira causing Esmeraldo to struggle, wanting him nowhere near Mira.
"So my dear, what do you choose? I can save you from your fate, as long as you choose me. Or you'll burn tomorrow along with your friends." He bargained, leaning closer to her face. She scowled as he got closer.
Frollo, thinking she'll agree, gets even closer, before recoiling in disgust as she spits in his face.

"I hope you rot in hell. I'd never choose you, even over death."
She spits out like it was poison. Suddenly a sharp pain is felt against her cheek causing her to yelp.
"Mira!" Esmeraldo yells, fear and anger clear in his voice. He turns towards her, watching as she slowly lifts her head up. A red mark  starting to form on her right cheek. Esmeraldo gasps in horror before shouting at Frollo in anger.
"You bastard!"

Frollo ignores him as he stares a Mira with a hard glare "You insolent brat." He mutters before turning and walking away.
"There'll be a little bonfire and a square tomorrow. And you're all invited to attend." Everyone looks at Frollo in fear, struggling against their restraints.
"Lock them up." Frollo orders.

The guards start dragging everyone to cages, Mira being placed in a special cart for people to know she'll be burned at the stake.

"No, please, master!" Quasi begged as he held on to Frollo's outfit.
Frollo looks down at him sharply, a harsh glare set on his face causing Quasimodo to let go in defeat.
"No, no."

"Take him back to the bell tower. And make sure he stays there."
Frollo commands before walking away. The guards quickly grab his arms and start dragging him behind Frollo.

The next day
The scene changes to outside of the cathedral where Mira is tied to a wooden pole, a guard putting sticks to surround her.

Frollo stands in front of here as he wait for it to be finished. Damica and Esmeraldo were held by two guards behind Frollo.
Frollo put them their so Esmeraldo could suffer as he watched his lover die in front of him while Damica was forced to watch her friend die.

They struggled harshly, trying to get free so they could help Mira. But it was useless.

"The prisoner, Mira, has been found guilty of the crime of witchcraft." Frollo reads off a scroll, smirking in glee as he watches Esmeraldo struggle, trying to get to his lover.

Guards hit drums to this.

"The Sentence:Death!"

"No!" Esmeraldo shouts, struggling more than ever. He looks over at Mira with tears in his eyes, not wanting to believe this was happening.
Mira sensing his eyes on her, looked over at him. She smiled gently at him before mouthing 'It'll be okay.' trying to comfort him the best she could.
This only made Esmeraldo sob harder, tears running down his face rapidly.

People in the crowd shouted in disagreement, pushing against the guards.

Mira turns as she watches the guard throw the last stack of sticks on the pile before looking over at the executioner who had the torch, ready to light her.

The screen shifts over to the cathedral where the Deacon opens the door in shock

He looks wide eyed at the scene in front of him, before gasping in fear as he realizes who was sentenced to death. He quickly marches out of the door, about to stop Frollo but is blocked by two guards who hold their spears in front of him.

The screen shifts back to Mira, Esmeraldo, Damica, Frollo, and the Executioner.

Frollo grabs the torch from the executioner, wanting to light it himself.
"The time has come, gypsy. You stand up on the brink of the abyss." He leans closer to her, making her lean back against the pole to get away from him.
"Yet even now it is not too late."
Mira looks at him in disgust and horror, seeing how desperate he is to get something wants.

"I can save you from the flames of this world and the next. Choose me…. Or the fire."  Much like what Mira had done yesterday, she spits in his face yet again. The crowd gasps, watching Frollo carefully as he wipes the saliva off his face.
Frollo looks back at Mira in shock as her face sets into a harsh glare, her eyebrows furrowed and all.

"The Gypsy, Mira, has refused to recant. This evil witch has put the soul of every citizen in Paris…"

The screen shifts up to the cathedral where Quasimodo is being held in chains.

The gargoyles tig on the restraints as Quasi looks down in defeat.
"Come on, Quasi. Snap out of it!" Hugo snaps, panickly pulling on the chains.
"Your friends and sister are down there." Victor reminds him while Hugo chews on the chain.
"It's all my fault."  Quasi says, not even trying anymore.

"You gotta break these chains." Laverne tells him hurriedly as she looks over to see her favorite girl about to be burned. "I can't. I tried. What difference would it make?" Quasi snaps.
"But you can't let Frollo win!" Victor tells him desperately.
"He already has." Quasimodo tells them defeatedly.
Hugo throws down the chain in shock. "So you're giving up? That's it?"

"These chains aren't what's holding you back, Quasimodo." Laverne goes to scold him, but is stopped as Quasi looks at them sternly.
"Leave me alone."

The gargoyles look at him in shock, watching as he looks away from them.
One by one they each hop over to the balcony.
"Okay. Okay, Quasi. We'll leave you alone." Hugo tells him sadly.
"After all, we're only made of stone." Victor comments before turning into stone as well.
"We just thought maybe you were made of somethin' stronger." Laverne tells him disappointedly, turning into stone as well.

"And for her own salvation, it is my sacred duty…"
Quasi looks up, a new determination in his eyes. He looks over at the scene below watching as Frollo continued.
"To send this unholy demon.."

The screen shifts closer to Frollo and Mira.

"Back where she belongs." And with that final sentence he lit the stack of wood on fire with the torch. Mira looks down at the flames in horror, smoke blowing around her causing her to cough.
"Mira!" Esmeraldo shouts, his voice cracking from the sobs coming from his chest.

"No!" Quasi shouts, pulling on the chains that held him back from saving his sister.
As he pulled, the stone pillars shook and crumbled. The bells rang through the air as he pulled harder, looking down as he saw Mira's head drop to her chest.
The stone cracked and multiple rocks came crashing down as he finally started to pull himself free.

Mira coughs, her breath ragged as she tries to inhale the little oxygen there was left. Frollo grins devilishly as he stares at her finally succumbing to the flames.

The pillars holding Quasimodo back finally crumble down, releasing him from the chains. Quasi pants heavily as a hard glare is set on his face. He quickly grabs one of the chains and swings it around one of the stone gargoyles, jumping off the church.
He stops on the walls looking down at the platform. He quickly runs across the wall and swings down the rest of the way to the platform.

He lets go of the chain, quickly going over and unwraps the rope from Mira. The crowd cheered at this, Esmeraldo and Damica smiling victoriously.
Quasi throws Mira over his shoulder looking over at the guards climbing the platform.
Quasi grabs one of the burning sticks and hits the guards with it so they fall off the platform.

Esmeraldo, seeing his chance of escape, knocks back the guard that had a hold of him before kicking him off the platform as well.
Esmeraldo goes to help Damica but she shakes her head "Go with Quasi. Mira needs you more than I do!"
Esmeraldo gives a determined nod before running over to Quasimodo.
"Quasi, I'm coming with you!"
Quasi grabs the chain before looking back at Esmeraldo.
"Okay." Quasi gives Mira to Esmeraldo, making him look at Quasi confused.
Esmeraldo holds her close to his chest before gasping in surprise and realization as Quasi picks him up.

Quasimodo swings back towards the church as Frollo yells in frustration. "Quasimodo!"

Quasimodo finally reaches the side of the church, starting to walk up the church.
Phoebus smiles proudly watching as Quasimodo climbs higher and higher with Esmeraldo and Mira firm in his grip.

Quasimodo finally reaches the top, climbing over the railing and in the middle of the balcony.
Quasi raises Esmeraldo and Mira high in the air and yells down at the crowd.
"Sanctuary!"

The crowd cheered as they watched Quasi.

Esmeraldo realizing what Quasi was doing, smiled before raising Mira higher than he was also yelling.

"Sanctuary!"

"Sanctuary!"

"Sanctuary!"

"Sanctuary!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next chapter is the last one! I'm so excited! Imma get right to it.
Also did you know in the original right before this Frollo Made Esmeralda dance in iron shoes over, I believe it was hot stones or something which caused her feet to burn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 262 22
𝄞 ... 𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙨 𝙄 𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝙈𝙮 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙩𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙢𝙨 𝙨𝙤 𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝙄 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙞𝙩 �...
2.1K 49 13
Y/n Frollo, the adopted daughter of Claude Frollo and older sister to Quasimodo. Join her on her path to freedom.
76K 1.6K 13
"𝑮𝒐𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒓 𝒏𝒐𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍" ____________________________ [𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐍...
13.8K 458 17
Before the burning of Notre Dame, the ruthless judge, Claude Frollo, found an unconscious maiden near the canals. The maiden awakens and shows signs...