Starting anew in apocalyptic...

By cinnamon_bud

Drake find himself waking up to one of his recent top favorite novel, an alternate apocalyptic world? Let's u... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 17

69 6 1
By cinnamon_bud

In another corner of the city.

A squad of uniformed people was engaging in combat. But unlike what they've been fighting in the past, it was completely incomparable to this abomination they're facing.

A fat policeman could be seen shouting frantically. The hammer of his gun clicked repeatedly as he pulled the gun's trigger.

The fat perspiring police captain was busy shouting to shoot down the abomination in front of them.

It was a hideous blob of meat holding a pair of butcher knives on both its hands while it was donned on a bloody apron. 

Based on its outfit, this zombie was a butcher before it became a zombie.. 

But this one has a stark difference from the rest of its kind.

It was a massive three meters tall zombie with thick fat surrounding its body.

The squad of fat-ass policeman were repeatedly shooting it but barely did any real damage on its thick skin.

It growled at them as it chased the nearest police in its proximity.

It runs like an obese guy would do, slow and awkward, but still fast enough to chase after them.

But at this moment, the group of fat policeman widened their eyes. The butcher zombie actually threw its knife! 

The police that was chased by it couldn't react on time as the butcher knife viciously hit his back. It lodged on his back so deep, breaking a few of his rib cage as well as rupturing his left lung.

It made the police stumble forward as he fell flat on his face. He was still conscious as the pain has yet to register in his brain. 

He gasped and coughed as blood kept pouring out in his mouth. 

The police tried to crawl but strength already left his body. 

At this moment, the zombie butcher reaches the fallen police. It grabbed his head as it lifted the police effortlessly. The zombie then bit the police neck, pulling his windpipe out as it feast on its meat and blood. 

The other policeman's face paled at the show of brutality, but their expressions further grimaced when they saw that they'd already been surrounded by a mob of zombies.

"Hurry! Open a way out, we're evacuating here!"

Captain George barked an order to his men as they made an attempt to break out the encirclement while the butcher zombie was still busy eating their colleague.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrt!

Bang! Bang! 

Bang!

These police abandoned their mobile patrol car as it was already surrounded by zombies. They gunned down zombies in their path without sparing any bullets as they made a run for their life. The fats on their belly jiggles as they flee.

The zombie mobs are actually so tough. Without shooting their head precisely, they are only wasting their bullets. 

And these corrupt officers are just incompetent as they can get. With the highest level among them being only up to level 2 with a messy stat distribution ratio.

They didn't try to fight zombies so they hadn't even make any significant progress as Drake have despite having advantage over firearms.

Right now, these fat policeman would pay for their incompetence as their stamina drained way too fast because they're just too heavy for their strength to sustain. 

Soon, zombie's were about to catch up to them. Seeing that the zombies are catching up, Captain George's eyes have a flash of vicious glint.

Captain George abruptly stopped as he kicked another police behind him and yelled  "Fuck! Damn it! you stay there behind and distract these zombies for us!"

After kicking the pitiful police, because of out of balance, he fell on his butt.

Not long after, all they can hear was a guttural screaming from behind.

Making the other police trembled in  horror as they briefly glance after their superior. But none of them voice out their thoughts. They hurriedly run faster to overtake captain George, so as to not get sacrificed to stall the zombies behind.

The previous squad of police are now down to 8. It was unclear just how many would be left until they make it out of this situation.

Drake had no idea what was happening over the side of those people who foolishly kept attracting the zombies' attention by firing a gun in the middle of the zombies infested city. He busied himself with looting the mall. 

The duo stopped their leisure looting as they sped up the process of looting the place to get the job done, guiding the little dragon to where and what to store.

With double the effort, the duo manages to store every last bit of food items there at the grocery corner of this mall. 

'It is now time for us to leave this place. But not until I get a few pieces of clothes to change, for me and my sister to use.'

Drake headed to the nearest clothes shop on the first floor, choosing the most brandy among the many clothes shops.

He picked up everything that seemed to fit their size. Without wasting time anymore, the duo exited the mall.

Drake didn't know where the mall staff went, but he felt that the food in the grocery corner had noticeably decreased.

He didn't know why, but he was slightly upset that someone had managed to get a head start ahead of him

'I hope you got eaten by zombies outside.' 

Drake's petty and vindictive nature made him want to spite and curse someone.

But he quickly gets over the matter as he has more important things to do..

Drake's next destination would be the city's rice mill, which is in the southernmost part.

Not until he gets his hands over it, everything else would come second.

He threads his way through to avoid the zombies on his way. How he wished he could fly over to quickly arrive at his destination.

Because of the zombies, Drake had no choice but to take a lot of detours on his way. Which takes a lot of his time.

As the two travel through the zombie-infested city, Drake feels ominous as they walk along the street.

Having felt the malice of everyone from an early age, Drake developed an ability overtime that detects any malicious intent in his surroundings. It made him extremely sensitive to it.

Especially the one that was directed towards him.

Not long after, the baby dragon started growling and baring its fang towards a specific direction.

These further alarmed Drake as he traced back to where the baby dragon was looking.

Just as he was about to look where it was. His attention was drawn to the silhouette in the corner of his eyes. 

It moved so fast that it was about to reach him!

When it came close enough for him to see, what he saw made him terrified. 

Death was approaching him!

Drake for the first time felt that death was so close to him. 

The thing in front him shouldn't be appearing this early on. 

A mutated zombie!

These types of zombies should only be appearing when earth is already filled with enough mana. Having most humans and creatures to be at level 50.

The prerequisite for a creature to have a chance of mutation was to have enough external mana in the surrounding to support the mutation of the creature's overall body.

As well as to have a unique set of stat distribution. 

And for a mindless creature to deviate on its natural path would be extremely hard. Chances are only one in a tens of thousands!

Then how can this thing be here? It was only their first day for Pete's sake! 

This is absolutely ridiculous…wait, could it be…? 

No, I shouldn't let my mind wonder. I am still in the middle of a crisis!

Drake shook his head and focus on the formidable enemy in front of him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 37 3
death no one knows what comes after it, but waking up to finding himself alive yet in a different reality and especially when he has powers that he n...
148 2 11
Waking up with no memory of who he was or what happen to him, Hunter is lost in the world he doesn't remember. Slowly regain his past with each encou...
42.3K 1.3K 27
Watty Awards 2012 Finalist!!!! Thank you so much for all the support! :) This time, they're breaking all the rules. After a destructive war leaves Ev...
25 9 10
In a world where people are controlled by The Society, one girl sets out with the outcast to rescue her love from them. But the rescue turns out hard...