The Billionaire's Sweet Troub...

By sweetdreamer33

After a hot-headed playboy billionaire stands her up for a career-making interview, blogger Sweet vows to rui... More

Season List for The Billionaire's Sweet Trouble
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
Epilogue

55

25.4K 1.7K 131
By sweetdreamer33

Sebastian

"I'm surprised you attended a party with Sweet. Did you talk to her?" I asked Mom the moment we got inside my car.

"Of course." She clasped her bag, then covered her mouth with the back of her hand to yawn.

"What about?" I was curious. Judging from the way Sweet left immediately when Mom arrived. I had a feeling something bad happened.

"Do you have to know? They're all girl talks." Her brows creased.

"Did you say anything that offended her?"

Her eyes grew enormous in shock. "Why would I ever do that? Did she say I did?"

"No, of course not," I exhaled heavily, then said, "I care about her, Mom. I want you to treat her nicely."

"When am I not nice?"

"Most of the time," I mocked her, and she slapped my arm.

"You're so mean! How can you do that to your own mother?" She relaxed and settled back in the passenger seat. "How's the family dinner?"

"All good. Grandma Pia has a new puppy. A brown poodle named Choco. She brought it with her in the house."

"Oh, that's nice." She smiled happily. "Hmm...maybe I should get one too."

"Mom." I pressed my lips together tightly, then continued, "I want to talk to you about Sweet."

"Not again." She rolled her eyes. "I'm tired, Sebastian. Can you let me focus on looking forward to catching up with our family dinner and meeting the new puppy?"

"Okay, okay." Suddenly I felt frustrated, so I kept my mouth shut.

***

Everyone was in the living room sitting on the massive Victorian sofa when Mom and I arrived.

The TV was on. Grandpa Gareth was watching the latest news on YouTube. Dad and Grandpa Kristov were talking, most probably, about the Mars project again. Luna was in the sofa's corner, busy scrolling her phone, while my two grandmas, Pia and Celine, were playing with the puppy.

Their faces lit up when we arrived, especially Grandpa Gareth, who sometimes acted like a child. We're afraid he's approaching an early stage of dementia.

"Did you bring me popcorn?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I did." I lied, then turned to Mom. "Where's Grandpa Gareth's popcorn, Mom? I gave it to you."

Mom's lips twisted, and I laughed.

"Yeah, I have it, Dad. Wait, a second." She left and went to the kitchen to ask the chef to make popcorn.

I sat beside Luna. She was on her phone, reading a Webtoon novel.

"You know what? I hate it when guys cheat and refuse to admit it. This emperor is so arrogant and self-centered. He asked for a divorce, and when his wife asked to remarry another guy, who is younger, good-looking and equally powerful, he freaked out."

I chuckled and listened to her as she narrated the love story of an emperor and empress.

"Interesting story. No wonder you're so hooked on it."

"You're right," she nodded, then changed the topic, "So, what's up with you and Sweet now?"

"I saw her tonight. She attended the same party that Mom went to."

"For real?" Her brows creased. "I wonder if they talked."

"Mom said, they did."

"I don't think so. I'm sorry to say this, but Sweet is not among Mom's favorite people."

"I know." My heart sank, sad that Mom couldn't like Sweet, then said, "she can't forgive Sweet for exposing me on TV."

She nodded and said, "Every mother defends and protects that way when someone harms their children."

"Naturally," I shifted my position on the sofa, "my offensive action triggered Sweet to react that way."

I told her about the stunts I pulled against the Trebles, particularly pulling out their potato partnership deal with the Andrews.

"You should tell Mom about that before it gets worse. I believe she blamed Sweet again when you lost the Japanese deal."

"I attempted, but she refused to listen."

"Then, make her." Luna wouldn't smile, but at that moment, she did. "You've changed. You rarely talk to me about matters like these. I like that we're able to talk like mature individuals."

I frowned. She was right, but I wanted to tease her.

"Of course we did."

"Nope." She shook her head vigorously. "You treated me like an imbecile child!"

"I never did."

"Liar!" she laughed, "but you know what? I like you better now. You're always sober and more approachable. I can talk to you like a normal person now."

"Are you implying I was abnormal?"

She laughed, "no. What I'm saying is, dating Sweet suits you well. You changed. You don't hang out with your crazy friends anymore, who have nothing more exciting to do in life than drink too much alcohol and hook up with different girls."

"I hope Mom will see that and share the same opinion as you."

"I'm sure she will once you tell her the truth." She assured me. Talking to her lifted some weight in my heart.

Grandpa Kristov called me to accompany him to Dad's massive wine cellar, where Grandpa also stored his finest collections of vintage wine.

Inside the cellar, I asked him.

"Why did you transfer your wine here, grandpa?"

"I have a massive collection of anything. Name it, and I have it." He chuckled, "I don't have enough room for these expensive wines, and they need special care."

Yeah, he had massive collections. Besides paintings and gold bars, there were vintage cars, antiques, jewelry, and more. Just like he said, name it and he has it.

"It's Marcos' birthday this weekend. I'm going to give him a vintage wine," he said.

Marcos Petrakis. My friend, Zion's grandfather.

"I saw Zion the other day. He told me that Mr. Takahashi is talking to Ace Robotic Company right now."

"Damn, that's bad news. We can't let the guy turn to the competitor. That will be a slap on our faces."

"Exactly," I let out a frustrated sigh, "I did my best, Grandpa, I emailed him several times, but he kept on turning down my request for a meeting. His last email, I pissed him off. He said he didn't want to talk to anyone in our company anymore."

"I know you did your best, son," he tapped my back, comforting me, "Hmm...he's really stubborn. I wonder how we can convince him? We have to lure him to come to us."

"That's what I thought." He picked a wine, "ah, this is perfect. Marcos will like this." He gave it to me and I read the label.

1945 Cabernet Sauvignon from France.

"Maybe we can give him our finest wine."

"I already thought of that. I did my research, and he doesn't drink alcohol or smoke. So, tobacco is not an option either."

"A billionaire like him must have something to keep him occupied. Research his hobbies, activities and favorite pastimes. It's easy to find out on the internet right now."

"I also did, but the problem is. He keeps his life very private."

***

The following morning, James entered my office holding his iPad, and with a sullen look.

"What's going on, James? Did something happen?"

"It's just that I received an email from Miss Treble regarding your date." He answered and showed me his iPad.

I read Sweet's email.

Subject: 8th Date.

Hello James,

Hope all is well with you and everyone.

I would like to invite Sebastian for a coffee date tomorrow at Dove's café, 9:00 am.

I gave him back his iPad. I realized why he was sad. He thought the table had turned and Sweet was planning for a 15-minute coffee date.

"I don't think Sweet is planning revenge, James. I told you, we're closer now. We already talked about our differences."

"I'm just worried, sir. She just said coffee date at nine. It could be a fifteen minute date or at most an hour. Is that okay with you?"

"Of course, not. I want to spend a whole day with Sweet. If possible, the entire weekend." I said, tapping my desk with my fingers.

I miss her so much. Seeing her last night aggravates my longing for her. But I have to control myself. I believe that patience is a virtue.

"I read an article that shows women are unpredictable. We men don't know what they're thinking. It's hard to figure out what they're planning to do next."

"I agree," Max, who was sitting on the couch, stood up, "one moment, they laughed, the next, they cried. They're complicated."

"Yeah, they are, but that made them more attractive to us, men." I affirmed. I find Sweet not just attractive, but very fascinating and worth my time.

"Well, we're not experts in women. That's why we probably thought that way." James' face lit up. "I'm hoping that your 8th date will be a success, sir. Just like the last time."

"Wow, time flew by so fast. It's your 8th date already?" Max looked surprised. "The next thing we knew, it's your 12th date, and it's over."

My eyes narrowed, then answered him with a smug expression.

"It won't be over because we're officially, seriously, and exclusively dating now."

"Oh yeah. Your revenge plan to make her fall in love with you failed. The opposite happened." Max chuckled.

My eyebrows rose. If he was not my trusted head of security, I would have kicked him out of his job in an instant.

"I'm planning to give something to Sweet. What do you think I should get?"

"What are your options?" James asked, looking curious.

"Hmm...jewelry? Will it be too much if I give her a diamond necklace?"

"Not again." Max's lips twisted. "You're not his sugar daddy."

"Roses would be enough for now, sir," James said. "trust me. She'll appreciate it more than any expensive jewelry."

I sighed heavily, then rubbed my chin.

"Okay, James. I trust you. Get me the most expensive roses that you can find."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 21.4K 70
A flirty bartender entraps two men, an average guy and a billionaire. She's sought after by both men, who desire her. Madison Hart is outspoken, dete...
117K 3.3K 15
This is a love story between a man and a woman. If only things are as simple as they sound. Mr Kieran Knight, CEO of an Insurance Firm and Co-Owner o...
504K 13.6K 37
"Get away from me."I took her soft hands from my chest and pinned them on the wall.I closed the gap between us but our lips didn't meet.She looked in...
3.3K 107 6
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ ⛔️!! MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY 18+!!! After three, long months in Puerto Rico, Katarina is ready to go back to the city that never sle...