Elara

Av 4stridesmore

" They're words. They mean whatever you interpret." Elara Valenti, a seventeen year old girl just trying to g... Mer

Characters
Tattoos
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
A/N
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 9

859 23 3
Av 4stridesmore

I wanted to let my anger out. I wanted to fight. I needed to feel something. Fynn saying that brought bad memories back in my head and I needed to get rid of them.

I pulled into the garage and quickly got out, slamming the door and putting the keys away. I walked into the house and was glad I didn't see anyone. I ran up the stairs, ignoring my ribs aching pain and shut then locked the door.

I looked for the Apple bag that was placed near my bathroom door and I found the phone. I took it out and saw my brothers contacts were already in. How? I don't know. I didn't question it as I put Noah's number in and texted it.

Elara: hey.

Noah: u got a phone! good job.

Elara: yeah whatever. have you guys moved yet?

Noah: we will be there in a day or two when school starts. sorry xx

Elara: its chill. i want to rip my brothers throat out.

Noah: oh? what happened.

Elara: i saw nicholas. ik, crazy right. anyway, fynn, my second youngest oldest brother said i probably slept with him and was a whore and that i probably got pregnant with him.

Noah: nicholas and also wtf? i will help you rip his throat out. r u okay baby?

Elara: idk. it brought back memories of jason. yk..

Noah: ik baby. i'm so sorry. we'll be there soon and we'll be able to set up a fight. you need rest though.

Elara: ik. i will ttyl striker. love you.

Noah: ttyl. love u too.

I ended the chat with Noah and added Nicholas' contact in for when I need or want to talk to him. I missed their family. After when Amina and I were both thirteen and went on that first mission is when I had to move from LA to Utah. We were skilled and smart, they knew that. That's why we were allowed to go on the mission. But I got her killed.

I sighed. I hated that Jason still had that effect on me. The memories involuntarily flooded my mind from after what Fynn said today.

I came home late again. Noah, Amina, Nicholas and I were all hanging out minutes earlier. Well, Amina sort of dragged Nicholas along. My twelve-year-old self prepared for the beating I was to receive when I walked through that door.

I quietly opened it and closed it, thinking maybe I was going to be safe as the house was dark.

But no. The light turned on and Scarlett and Jason stood there, evil smirks and a glint in their eyes.

My eyes widened. "Where were you?!" Jason boomed, stalking forward and grabbing my arm, yanking me close to him.

"I-I'm sorry, sir," I said.

I was cut off by a slap which caused my head to whip to the side. When I looked back at him, he had a disgusting look on his face. "Since you were out whoring around, I think you deserve a punishment. One that will teach you a lesson," he said as he painfully dragged me to the basement room.

There was a thin mattress in the cold, dark, musty room.

"Have fun," Scarlett sneered before laughing and leaving to get some alcohol.

Jason threw me on the mattress. I already knew where this was going. "No! Please, no-" I cried but was cut off by him slapping his palm over my mouth as he ripped my clothes off.

I snapped out of the memory. How his hands were on me. How I thrashed and cried but it helped to no avail.

Tears glossed over my eyes but I pushed them down. I wasn't going to cry. I wasn't. Not over him.

I got up and decided to take a shower and put my clothes away before I had to eat dinner in a few hours. I got up and grabbed just simple gray sweatpants and a tight fit black top with some socks to change into.

I went and stripped of my clothes, looking in the mirror. I looked horrible. The large gash across my torso was still red but was starting to turn into a scar. Same with the 'slut' word that was reengraved into me. Those marks stood out against my dark colored ribs. I didn't dare look at the other bruises and scars.

I forced myself to look away and stepped into the steaming hot shower. I scrubbed myself until my skin felt raw, trying to get his touch off of me. I couldn't tell if I was crying as it mixed with the shower water that fell down my face.

I scrubbed my shampoo and body wash all over me and soon I was finished. I got out, dried off and changed, covering up my visible bruises with makeup. I grabbed my phone and played "Arctic Monkeys" in my new Air Pods while I put away my new clothes that I got.

I needed to preoccupy myself.

I had just finished the last of my clothing and felt a hand on my shoulder which made me flinch and whip around, about to punch the person before I realized it was Alessandro. I lowered my arm and took my Air Pods out.

"Um, I just came to get you to say that dinner was ready," he said, taking a step back. My emotionless mask was already back up and I nodded.

"Okay," I said before following him out of the closet. I put my phone and Air Pods away and followed him downstairs.

As soon as I entered the dining room with Alessandro, all heads snapped to me and they stared. I went and sat down, waiting for them to look away but they didn't. Only Fynn wasn't looking at me.

"Staring's rude," I said blankly. They all looked away and focused on the food that was placed in front of us. I quietly thanked the waitress.

"So, figlia, how was shopping?" Santino asked.

(Daughter)

"Fine," I muttered, glancing up at Fynn who was already looking at me. I gave him a harsh glare.

"Yeah. We ran into one of her friends. Nicholas Vlahos," Camillo said.

All heads snapped up and stared at me. Well, Alessandro and Camillo were already glancing at me and of course Fynn wouldn't look at me. Good. I want him to be scared to look at me.

"You guys act like you're not on good terms or something," I said, feigning being innocent.

There was a chorus of grumbles.

"Lo sa?" Gianni spoke up. I acted like I didn't understand a word he said in Italian.

(Does she know?)

"Sono abbastanza sicuro che non lo faccia," Camillo said, shaking his head.

(I'm pretty sure she doesn't.)

I internally smirked. Good.

"Sembra che si conoscano abbastanza bene," Alessandro said.

(It seems like they know each other pretty well.)

"Sì, troppo bene," Fynn muttered.

(Yeah, too well.)

That bitch.

"Fynn!" Camillo shot him a look. "Perché non dici loro quello che hai detto?" Camillo said, jutting his chin towards Gianni, Lorenzo and Santino.

(Fynn!)
(Why don't you tell them what you said?)

Fynn grumbled.

"Cosa hai detto, Fynn?" Gianni asked coldly. Damn.

(What did you say, Fynn?)

When Fynn didn't answer, Camillo did. "La chiamava puttana."

(He called her a whore.)

Angry eyes snapped up to Fynn. Before it got out of hand, I spoke up. Not like I wouldn't like Fynn to be yelled at by his father and brothers, but I was too exhausted for this. "Can you guys speak like I'm in the room?" I asked.

Their gazes softened as they landed on me. "Yes, sorry bambina," Santinto said.

We all continued to eat silently until after I finished, Santino spoke up again. "Whenever you finish bambina, we'll all head up to my office and we will discuss rules," he said.

Awe hell nah.

You've got to be kidding me. I didn't falter though, just held a blank face and nodded. "Good," he said. "If you're ready, we can head up now," he said. I pushed back my chair and followed him up. I hadn't got a huge look at the place, but I knew we were headed up to the third floor.

We walked down the hall to the room at the very end. Santino entered first and I followed after, my brothers shuffling in behind me. Santino and Gianni sat behind the desk and gestured for me to take a seat in front. I reluctantly did so.

"We will discuss rules and some things about school and grades," he said. I mentally groaned. My grades were not good. I usually skipped. Honestly, Jason and Scarlett didn't care they just cared I stayed away and got back on time. Even then, I still got beat.

"Elara?"

"Yes?" I snapped my head up to Santino's voice.

"Did you hear what I said?" He asked. I shook my head. "I will go over the rules," he repeated.

I nodded.

"Rule one, if you want to go out, you must tell either me or one of your brothers where you're going. On weekdays, curfew is twelve. Weekends it's one thirty," Santino said.

I nodded. That's reasonable.

"Rule two, no boys."

My jaw almost dropped. The fuck? I'm sure each one of my brothers gets to date and probably hook up with people.

"Well, you don't have to worry about me dating," I said. "I'm not into feelings." I still thought it was unreasonable, but I didn't care much at this time since it didn't affect me too much.

Santino nodded. "Rule three, you will respect me and your brothers. This means no eye rolling or cussing at them and no talking back," he said.

This almost caused me to flinch as a memory came back.

"You will respect us, useless bitch!" Scarlett yelled, slamming her beer bottle over my nine-year-old self's head.

Tears were streaming down my face as I lightly touched the cut on the side of my face, wincing as I did so.

I snapped out of that memory quickly though. I leaned forward in my chair, putting my elbows on the neat desk and interlocking my fingers.

"Respect is earned, not given," I said. "As long as you respect me, I will respect you."

They all nodded in agreement.

"Rule four, we expect verbal responses to know you understood," he said.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. Yeah, okay.

"Last rule, no coming to the basement or the third floor without asking one of us," he said.

What in the mafia shit- oh wait. They are the mafia. Silly me.

"Why?" I asked. Probably because they torture people and hold mafia meetings, duh.

Shut up, conscience.

"It is just work stuff," Santino said.

"For Valenti Enterprises?" I asked innocently.

Santino nodded.

What about the verbal response rule?

"I respect most of your rules," I said. "I just have a few rules of my own."

"Let's hear them," Santino said, gesturing towards me.

"Do not pry about my life back with Scarlett and Jason. I will tell you whenever I want. Like I said, if you respect me, I will respect you. Also respect my boundaries. You have to understand I'm not just going to trust you automatically just because we share DNA," I said emotionlessly.

They all muttered a couple of 'okays'. "Of course we'll respect your boundaries, principessa," Lorenzo said.

"Now, let's talk about school," Santino said. "I see that your grades are...relatively low. You need to get those up and get your GPA up. No more skipping classes or not paying attention," he said.

I huffed out a breath.

"You will be starting school tomorrow with the boys. I know it's the middle of the week and pretty soon but your education is important," he said.

I pursed my lips. Sure it is. It's also mid-October.

I really need Noah here. Hopefully he'll be here tomorrow.

"That's all that's needed to say. Go get some rest, bambina. Goodnight," he said as I stood up.

I muttered a goodnight and walked out of the office. I heard some footsteps behind me then saw Alessandro come walk next to me. "I'm sorry about Fynn earlier," he said.

I glanced up at him, still walking. "Why?" I asked. "You didn't say anything."

"I-I know but-" he started. We were walking down the stairs now.

"It's fine, Alessandro. Don't apologize for someone else's actions," I said.

We were at the bottom of the stairs and heading towards our rooms silently. "Goodnight, Alessandro," I said, slipping into my room but not before hearing him say a goodnight back.

I changed into comfortable wear and hopped in bed. I let my mind run over things and then ultimately fell into the darkness.

A/N

Chapter 9! Hope you enjoyed and do tell me what you think will happen at school.

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Ty! <3

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

Macrina Av Maya F

General Fiction

71.1K 2.7K 61
"Honestly, I think you're really gonna like New York." "New York? Like New York City, New York?" "The one and only," my cousin grinned, taking a swig...
209K 5.7K 46
Criminal. Fighter. Hacker. Assassin. Cop. Selena. Selena Montgomery was your average 17 year old girl. That's what it seemed like to the outside worl...
508K 13.3K 45
Morana, a thirteen year old assassin, a legend. She was born in France and raised by the French mafia. She gets sent to kill a Cortello brother, she...
95.3K 1.4K 10
Idalia has been abused ever since she was 3 years old. When she thought things couldn't get any worse and nothing was going to change, she ran. She r...