Project Athena | Reviews

Oleh Project_Athena

Are you looking for honest and constructive feedback on your writing? Look no further! Our team of reviewers... Lebih Banyak

AI Usage
Rules and Guidelines
Reviewer Profile-Emily (OPEN)
Reviewer Profile-Haize (OPEN)
Reviewer Profile-Roses (OPEN)
Reviewer Profile-Nadia (Closed For Catch Up)
Reviewer Profile - Moni (Closed For Catch Up)
Reviewer Profile-Emmanuel (Hiatus)
Reviewer Profile-Carmi (Hiatus)
The Stories of the Solar Eclipse (Haize)
Shadow of the Gryphon (Carmi)
Dreams of Wonderland (Carmi)
Shadowed Sun (Roses)
Love At Dawn (Carmi)
The Greatest Villain of All Time (Roses)
How To Get Away With Evil (Carmi)
Daracka (Roses)
The Mechanical Muse (Roses)
Ocean of Blossoms and Blues (Carmi)
Captured Feelings! (Carmi)
Mirrored Face (Nadia)
The Two Sides of A Sword (Roses)
Moth Light (Nadia)
Along Came Charlie (Emmanuel)
The Gunner and The Florist (Roses)
Kyrah Wilson and The Prophecy of Queen Adela (Emmanuel)
The Shepherds (Nadia)
Avalon: The Six Keys of Destruction (Roses)
Thoughts of An Ordinary Person (Carmi)
Lost Eden ‖ Heavens Fall (Emmanuel)
Clap - The Sound of Death (Nadia)
The Mansion (Nadia)
Fourteen Ways To Kill A Cicada (Roses)
Cosmic Fables: A Princess Odyssey(Carmi)
Rise of Azongaar (Roses)
A Midsummer Night's Dream(Nadia)
Astrid: Limbus Obscuria (Emmanuel)
Mosaicked Feelings (Carmi)
Feelstora (Emmanuel)
Monsters and Magic (Roses)
Regalia (Roses)
The Girl From Human World (Roses)
The Art of Remembering (Carmi)
A Mysterious School Trip(Nadia)
Shadowangel (Nadia)
Volume of Unvoiced Verses (Emmanuel)
Trouble In Not So Pretty Paradise (Roses)
Crooked Hearts (Nadia)
Haywire Ranger (Roses)
As The Moon Wished (Emmanuel)
Her Family (Emmanuel)
The Nephalem and The Last Elemental (Emmanuel)
Statuelike (Haize)
The Room Next Door (Haize)
Dungeon (Nadia)
They Who Slaughtered Hope (Emily)
The Elf Witch (Emily)
Nirvasan (Nadia)
We Give Unto Thee (Emily)
King Eden (Haize)
The God's Game (Emily)
The Edge of The World (Emily)
The Fenrir Saga (Roses)
SHS (Nadia)
Boy Meets Beast (Haize)
Cataract of Delusion (Nadia)
Storm Wars Lore (Haize)
They Came With Secrets (Nadia)

Child of Prophecy (Emmanuel)

74 9 1
Oleh Project_Athena

Author: 

Reviewer: Denyefa4

Genre: Fantasy

From what I've read, "Child of Prophecy" is about Analia, a young woman whose fate has already been decided by a seer and written down. However, after discovering a necklace left to her by her late grandmother, Analia learns that it is a relic of the gods that can help her defy her predetermined fate. She decides to enter a dangerous competition, hoping to win the prize and bring back her deceased family.

I found your book intriguing from the very first chapter, as I am a big fan of fantasy. I appreciate that your grammar is clear and understandable, and your use of similes is refreshing. Your opening line immediately caught my attention and drew me in.

Regarding your blurb, I noticed that some words were missing, which made it difficult to understand what the book is about. Instead of starting with Analia's desire to escape fate, try to explain what fate means in the context of your book and what her fate is. Additionally, your blurb lacks a clear stake and goal of the story.

The quote you added to the first part of your book, "Child of Prophecy," was difficult to read due to the font used. In the first chapter, you provided a lot of historical information, which felt like an information dump. While it was interesting, it might be better to ease this information in through dialogue or as the book progresses, rather than including it all at once. Also, you mentioned Analia's grandmother's death twice in the first paragraph after the history, which was unnecessary.

In chapter 2, I was confused when I read that Analia is an orphan. It might be helpful to clarify when she became an orphan earlier in the book. Additionally, in chapter 5, you repeated Analia's dislike for being called a little girl, which you had already mentioned in chapter 4. Consider rephrasing that part to avoid repetition.

Regarding grammar, consider adding a full stop in the sentence "prophesied child of doom-Iyana-creating a bond." Additionally, you frequently switch between past and present tenses, which can disrupt the flow of your book. Consider maintaining consistency in your tense usage. Furthermore, using italics when writing from a character's point of view can help to indicate their inner thoughts.

In chapters 3 and 4, you wrote effectively and appropriately. Good job! However, in chapter 5, you used the word 'manning' repeatedly. Consider looking up a synonym to replace it.

Overall, I think your book is great, and I appreciate the refreshing and unique perspective it offers in the fantasy genre. I would give it a rating of 3 out of 5. If you're a fantasy lover, I am sure that you would enjoy reading this book as it offers a fresh take on the gods, demigods, and humans trope.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

303K 21.3K 156
Tác phẩm: Toàn thế giới đều đang đợi người động tâm. Tác giả: Tố Tây Người gõ: Mia của bạn nè Beta: Hoa Hoa của bạn đây Ý là truyện này gõ nhanh quá...
68.7K 5.1K 57
When nuclear waste is stolen by jihadists in the middle of the night from an unguarded New York City hospital, the police, in a frantic race against...
9.6K 212 17
This a story on azula on how she found happiness Please be nice this is my first fanfiction 🙂 Azula escaped the asylum zuko put her in after the de...
101K 1.4K 50
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...