"Embers of Love" Demon Slayer...

By LovieJ34

"Looks like I accidentally married a Rengoku..." "Father will definitely kill me..." Fuyuko Kazahana, a young... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Winter Bloodshed
Chapter 2: Demons Alike
Chapter 3: The Loud Bunch
Chapter 4: New Mission
Chapter 5: Past Memories
Chapter 6: A Wedding Plan!
Chapter 7: Wedding Night!
Chapter 8: Wedding Parade
Chapter 9: Wedding Ceremony!
Chapter 10: Claws v.s. Ice
Chapter 11: Dance of Sacred Ice
Chapter 12: Fuyuko and Kyojuro
Chapter 13: Their Moments Together
Chapter 14: Unexpected Couple
Chapter 15: Missing Piece of Memories
Chapter 16: My Wife
Chapter 17: Fate Entwined Love
Chapter 18: Nightmares and Tears
Chapter 19: The Trial
Chapter 20: Nezuko's Ordeal
Chapter 21: Revelation of the Ice
Chapter 23: Lower Moon Two
Chapter 24: Foreseen in a Dream

Chapter 22: Fuyuko's Blacksmith

534 25 2
By LovieJ34

The stillness of the wide lake reflected the  bright blue sky like a vast mirror laid upon the green grass of the summer season. Surrounding the clear water, is a grass field full of wild flowers and stones, accompanied by small and large trees.

In one particular tree, an old man sat above the soft sea of grass and below the spread of leaves that provided him shade from the radiating sun. He rest his back on the tree's trunk, then placed a wrapped box and a katana enfold with a sky-blue fabric on the space beside him.

Moments later, appeared a woman wearing a white haori adorned with red and arctic blue crystal flowers showered beneath the falling snow of winter, she came behind the tree and stopped next to the sitting old man.

He immediately notice the white haired woman and he lifted his hyottoko mask just above his mouth to show her a big smile before greeting her.

"What a nice weather we have, Kazahana-sama?" He beamed. "I apologize if I can't call you with your new family name, I am not quite familiar who your husband."

"It's alright. " Fuyuko replied.

"The crow said you married the Flame Hashira, I knew of his reputation but not his identity, I didn't bother to memorize all the different Hashira's name of this generation because I know I'll just forget them. This old man is very forgetful." He explained. "By the way, congratulation on your promotion, kid. You achieved an excellent feet."

"Thank you. And how is your condition?"

"What condition?" He asked. "I'm perfectly healthy. Although, the booze got a little out of hand the other night. Haha that was a good party."

"You lied in your letter." Fuyuko stated. "So as the drinking part."

"I really can't lie to you can I?" He grinned. "Guess that damn crow told you, even though I told him not to."

"Why?"

"You are cold and apathetic in appearance, Kazahana-sama, but I have worked with you long enough to know who you really are." The old man said. "Behind that stoic expression of yours is a caring lady to those who are close to you. There is no point worrying you with this old man's problems."

Aside from Oyakata-sama, Yamamoto Hikaru is one of the man whom she is acquainted with when she joined the Demon Slayer Corps. He have been her blacksmith ever since, and his talkative, caring, and friendly demeanor immediately broke the ice between them. Although, Fuyuko didn't fully open up to him, he is one of the very few people who she grew to care.

"You should rest more." Fuyuko said.

"Well, unfortunately, that will happen soon." sighed. "I can't even properly lift a hammer anymore. It is either to heavy or shaking whenever I try. My hands have failed me now but not before I finished your new katana."

He then took the sword from his side and handed it to Fuyuko.

"I never thought that there would come a day that you would broke your sword. For years, you just managed to chipped your blade and I would quickly repair and sharpen it. Nevertheless, this sword of yours is the last and the best work I had ever made in my life."

"I poured my heart and soul into making it with more effort and power compared to the last one. So take good care of it, kid."

Fuyuko unfolded the sky-blue fabric that encase the sword, revealing a pure white katana, adorned with a red string wrapped around the sheat, decorative knots dangling in the hilt, and the unchanged silver snowflake as its cross-guard.

She then pulled the sword from its case, the silver blade glinted as soon as it made contact with the small ray of sunlight peeking out of the leaves. Within a second, the shiny metallic color of the katana faded into white frost.

"The color of your katana is always so strange." The blacksmith commented. "It is white but not entirely, it had a little hint of blue like an ice drifting into the fading blue ocean. It suits you perfectly"

Fuyuko returned the blade to its sheath and strapped it in her side before bowing down towards her him as a sign of respect and gratitude.

"Now that I have received my sword, I shall be going now." Fuyuko spoke. "Thank you and farewell, Yamamoto-san."

Fuyuko was about to leave, however, before she could turn and walk away, Hikaru called her. He smiled to her before averting his gaze to the nearby lake.

"As I said, the sword I made for you is my last, and I think that this will also be the last time that we would see each other again. Call me dramatic or crazy but I feel death lingering nearby with this weak and old body of mine." She could hear a hint of sorrow in his tone.

"So for this last conversation, can I ask a request from you, Kazahana-sama?" He asked as he returned his attention to her.

"State your request first." Fuyuko replied. "Then I'll decide."

"Alright, kid." He chuckled. "I just want to talk to you with honesty and sincerity. I have always been chatty but you rarely respond. In this last conversation with you, I want you to be as open as you could and say what is in your mind — no holding back."

"So will you accept this dying old man's wish?" He grinned.

While he is waiting for Fuyuko's reply, there was a brief silence that hung in the air before she finally decided to crumple the soft grass beneath her and sat beside him. She placed her new sword next to her and stared at the vast lake.

"Very well." She nodded in agreement.

"Thanks, kid." Hikaru then slid the box towards Fuyuko.

"What's this?" She asked.

"A wedding gift but it is more like a gift for the bride." He replied. "Seriously, you should have told me about your wedding, I would have been there and act as you father." He chuckled. "That would have been a sight to behold and an a great experience."

"Standing as a father to a bride?" Following his request, Fuyuko spoke what's in her mind. "How is that a great experience?"

"Your cold as ever, kid, and harsh. Though you wouldn't understand how this old man's loneliness work, brought upon his bad choices in life." He said. "I dedicated my entire life in making swords, too much that I didn't look for a woman or anyone who could take care of me when I am old. And now I am suffering for that mistake."

"Don't get me wrong, being a blacksmith for slayers like you is a noble work but I can't help but feel lonely sometimes, and regret for not managing my career ang personal life. I should have find a loving wife and make many children with her." He bitterly laughed. "I specifically wanted a daughter. How about you? Now that you are finally blessed with a husband."

"I don't know what children I would bear." She handled it more calm this time than the recent encounter. "Wouldn't be a son be more beneficial?"

"I don't really believe in crap like that. Having a daughter is as important as having a son. Yes, a son is essential in preserving the bloodline and inheriting the clan's name but with certain agreements, the daughter and her husband could also inherit the clan." He explained.

"Why do you prefer daughter?" Fuyuko asked again while unwrapping the red silk that covered the box.

"I like it. It wouldn't hurt to have beautiful flowers at home." He laughed once more. "I have seen many father's express love to their daughter, and how they cry when they see them on their wedding kimono, it was hilarious haha. But I also want to experience the same and be proud of my none existent girl. Be overprotective and protect her from harm along with my beloved wife."

"A kimono..." Fuyuko stated after finally opening the gift.

Inside, was a silky black kimono embroidered with hundredths of red roses, long stems of golden bamboos, and scattered white butterflies in different sizes. The garment is accompanied by a red obi with white sakura textile and a golden obi knot.

A variety of accessories is also in the box: golden hairpins with red glass-like roses, a red fan with similar design as the obi, and a red umbrella with spiral patterns of golden roses.

Lastly, a pair of wooden okobo sandals painted in shiny black, it have the same pattern as the kimono, while its red fabric thongs is pinned with golden roses.

"Do you like it?"

"Yes." Fuyuko responded while tracing the perfectly embroidered rose. "The designs are well made."

"Glad you like it, it took me days to find the right one for you because you always wear either your corps uniform or a plain kimono. Now that you have a husband, you should dress more lavishly." He proudly advised. "The experience made me feel like a father picking up a kimono for his daughter."

"It was a feeling quite strange like no other." He added with a grin.

"Thank you." Fuyuko then rewrapped the box back to its silky cover.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 14 13
⚠️[MANGA SPOILERS!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!]⚠️ This story goes off of Plot 2 of You're Free! Rengoku had faced crazy blows that have actually limited...
590 70 9
All she ever did was pray for her wish. Hands clapped twice, and the sound of bells rang throughout the whole petal colored ground. A warm breeze bru...
68 0 15
Flora Shizen learned of the origins of her parents and technique, Nature Breathing. However, with this came the gravity of how much her original worl...
762 23 8
A readerxkyojuro short story She was his escape, and he was her life. A meeting and a world only they knew, and a miracle with a end. A love that sta...