Chased by Life and Death

Por Lillian2Gwen

"She is a monster.", they said. Well, they are not wrong. I'm not a normal monster like the others from the... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
The End
Authors Note

Chapter 20

38 5 1
Por Lillian2Gwen

This chapter has violence and blood scenes !!!

Luke

I approached slowly the back of the door and peered through the slightly open. Ten at least men talked while they placed some wrapped stuff inside boxes.

Guys, head straight to them. In one... two... three!  Hunter commanded.

I took out my steel blades and busted open the door. The men turned to me but I'm already slicing the man's throat. I kicked the other one on his stomach. When he stood Tristan threw himself to him and they rolled on the ground. I turned as a black wolf sliced with his paws the man who was pinned on the ground beneath him. Blake.

A man screamed from behind me, and I turned as a gunshot sounded and the man fell dead. Hunter stood with the calmest expression on his face. I sensed someone coming at me and I brought my blades in my face as a bullet was aimed at me. When it connected with my blades, I took the left one and threw it on the man's leg. He screamed in pain and Parker punched him in the face. Silence fell in the room, and I looked around. We took them out. "Great job, dogs," Hunter said. Shouts came from the hall, and we braced ourselves for the next impact.

Nothing came. As the shouts started, they turned into screams from pain and fear. We exchanged looks and navigated to the door which led to a hallway. Parker opened the door, and we stepped outside. "I thought that we said not to cause a scene," Logan spoke. He stood around some men's bodies and his eyes had turned black while matching black tentacles surrounded him. He looked scary. Ian leaned on the wall opposite of him with a ball of fire in his hand. "Remind me not to annoy Logan in the future. This bastard is scary." He spoke. Logan chuckled.

"Who the hell are you!?" We turned as a man emerged from down the hall. He aimed a gun at us. I tried to catch his smell. Shifter. "We are looking for the bathroom," Ian said and I snorted. The man smiled wickedly and ran to us with his gun still in his hands. We got in position when in a flash, Noah was right in front of him and shot the man in the head. The man's eyes widened, and he fell to the ground.

The gun slipped from Noah's grasp, and I saw that his hands trembled a little. He slowly turned to us, wide eye. "I didn't mean-" he started but Tristan interrupted him. "You did well. I know that is terrifying but it's the right thing." Noah's shoulders relaxed and he smiled a little. "You think you won?" a man interrupted. He's on the ground with a broken leg and hand. He smiled. "My men have already started the deliveries. You are late." He started to laugh, and Logan clicked his tongue. A tentacle wrapped around the man's throat.

"Where are they heading?" Logan growled. The man shook his head but eventually, he started coughing. Logan is not playing. "They are in the first building, and they are heading north." The man said. Logan released him and headed to the door. We followed him in silence when he opened another door. The sun was still ahead outside.

We started to run to the first building, and we headed to the back of it. We stopped and looked around. Two vans stood there and a black Mercedes. Parker rushed to one of the vans while Tristan went to the other one. "The engine is broken!" Parker shouted.

"The same here!" Tristan announced. I ran to the Mercedes and got inside. I turned the keys. The engine started and I signed in relief. "It works!" I shouted. I got out as Hunter took the driver's seat. "Get inside." He ordered.

"But we don't fit," Blake said as he took his human form. Noah handed him some clothes from his bag, and he started to dress up. "It doesn't matter. Do something and fit. I don't know, sit on each one's lap. We must follow them now and our cars are far from here." Hunter argued. We nodded and got inside. Logan sat in the passenger seat while Tristan, Ian, Parker, and I sat back. Noah cleared his throat and sat on Tristan's lap while Blake was on Parker's.

"Sit tight," Hunter added and stepped on the gas. He turned on the road and raced the empty road. "How are you back there?" Hunter teased.

"Shut up, bastard." Tristan glared at him, and Hunter chuckled. "Hold on, I think we approach them." I looked in front of us. Only two cars and one van were in front of us. "That's it," Noah spoke. Parker nodded.

"Wait," Blake said, horrified. We turned to him. "What?" Ian asked him. Blake stared into my eyes.

"Where is Monica?" We froze. We completely forgot about her. "You are right. She wasn't with us back there." Tristan said. Hunter accelerated so now we were inches behind the van. "Let me find her." Logan closed his eyes, and we waited in silence. He opened his eyes and growled.

"Where is she?" I asked him. "There." He pointed with his finger to the van. My eyes widened in surprise and confusion. "WHAT?" Hunter shouted and the car started to leave the orbit. He cursed and held the steering wheel but this time harder until his knuckles turned white. "The hell she is there," Parker growled.

"She is there," Noah spoke.

"How the hell she is-" Ian started but the back door of the van burst open, and Hunter cursed again. Monica ran, grabbed the edge of the roof of the car, and swung her body as she did gymnastics in a bar. She landed with a loud thud on the roof and released the edge. She wore only a black sports bra; a red boxer and her hair was down while the wind blew them. I growled as I saw her wrists, ankles were chained and connected around her neck.

"Fuck." Blake said terrified and amused at the same time. The van continued to move rapidly, and three men rushed to the edge of the door. I tried to see Monica's face, but her hair didn't allow me to. "Hunter ride next to the van. Now." Logan ordered him. Hunter turned the car to the left and hit the accelerator. When we finally were next to the van, Tristan opened the window.

"MONICA! GET RIGHT HERE!" he shouted and finally Monica lifted her head. A cold shiver ran through my veins as I investigated her angry face. Her eyes were bright green and her eyebrows were farrowed. Dark shadows covered her face. One of the men lifted his body on the roof and Monica stepped back. "MONICA, THEY ARE SHIFTERS!" Ian shouted but it was too late. The guy lunged at her as well as Monica at him. She punched him hard, and I heard the crack of his head.

She grabbed his arm and threw him above her shoulder. Then she kneed above his body and drew her hand right to the center of his head. Blood splashed to her face and drew back her hand. Blood dripped from large and sharp nails. "GET YOUR ASS HERE RIGHT NOW!" Hunter shouted to her, but he couldn't see what she had done because he kept his eyes on the road. The second man got to the roof and drew a knife. From here I could see her cold expression.

He ran to her with a shout, but she grabbed his hand and with a dagger to her other hand swung it through his neck. She took it out and kicked the body. I watched it as it fell from the roof of the car to the road. The third man is the last one to fight her. As she was already bored, she ran to him and grabbed his head. Within a second, his head was smashed. I heard a gag and turned to see Noah with his hand on his mouth.

"MONICA THAT'S ENOUGH!" Logan shouted to her. She was covered in blood and it was like she didn't care. The van started to lose its orbit and Monica stumbled. "MONICA PLEASE!" I shouted to her. But she didn't listen. She murmured something and Logan's head snapped to Hunter.

"Slow down, now."

"What?!"

"Do it." Hunter slowed the car, and we were at least fifteen feet away from the van. "What are you doing?" Blake asked. Then I saw Monica turning ahead and running. We screamed her name as we watched her run toward the edge of the van, jump, and grabbed the pillars that held the lights. As she landed with her feet on the pillar, the van exploded.

"Stop the car," Ian said. Hunter hit the brakes and our bodies swung forward. As we came to a stop, doors burst open, and we dragged ourselves out. We started to run towards the pillar where Monica stood. "MONICA!" Parker shouted. She did a forward flip and landed on the ground. Noah ran to her and hugged her. At first, she didn't hug him back but at some point, she did and whispered something in his ears. Parker and Tristan were next to hugged her, even though she was covered with blood. Then followed Ian, Blake, and me. I hugged her tight before releasing her.

"What the fuck were you thinking!?" Hunter growled at her as he got to her face. "You would have died. If we hadn't followed the van, you would have been taken by these bastards," he added. Monica just stared at him with a bored expression on her face. "We should take these chains off," Blake said.

"You don't have to," Monica said and grabbed the chain around her left wrist and crashed it. She did the same to the other one, her ankles, and neck until she was fully free from them. "H-How?" I asked her but she didn't answer. Parker took his jacket off and handed it to her. She took it, wore it, threw a thanks, and started to walk to the car. "Where did you think you are going?!" Hunter demanded.

"Monica, you are hurt," Parker said as he followed her. "I'm fine." She called back and we started to go back to the car. "What the fuck is her problem?" Hunter said and started to walk faster but Logan put a hand on his shoulder to stop him. "Don't. She's not herself right now and you must know that when she's like that you just leave her until she is back." Hunter didn't speak but he clenched his jaw.

"Why? Is it like another one has taken herself?" I asked, curious about her. Logan shook his head. "It's not that. It's just Monica lets her feelings take over and at many times she can't control them until it's too late." Tristan answered me.

"It isn't easy for her. She's straggling even she doesn't show it." Noah murmured. I think about what they said. I will try and see what I can do for her. Monica stood next to the car as we came to a stop. "Get in. We are going back to the academy. Ian, please call the academy to send someone to take care of the men at the warehouse." Logan said as Monica opened the back door. "I already took care of it." She said and gestured for us to get inside.

 "How did you do that?" Ian asked her. We took our seats and Blake sat on Ian's lap, Noah on Tristan's, and Monica sat between mine and Parker's lap while Logan and Hunter took their usual seats at the front.

"Just did it." She answered. "If you are disgusted by the blood, I can go back to the boot lid and sit there until we are at the academy." She said to me and Parker. "I don't have a problem," I spoke.

"Me too." Parker nodded. She turned ahead and shifted. Her left side is taking half my body. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and her scent along with the blood came to my nose. I coughed and shifted while I caught with the corner of my eye Parker smirking. "You are not a tiger shifter," Hunter said through greeted teeth. His body slightly trembled from range, confusion, or because he cared. I don't know.

"Wow. I'm impressed that you finally got it right. I'm proud of you, captain." Her voice was sarcastic as she stared at him from the view mirror. "Monica, just shut up. You've done enough." Logan growled in irritation. A vibration sent through me, and I jumped in my seat.

"What-" I started to say but stopped abruptly. Monica clenched and unclenched her fists in her lap. Eventually, she relaxed and didn't say anything about Logan's comment. Tristan shifted closer and squished her shoulder. "How did you find them?" Hunter asked her.

"I simply did."

"We were so worried. At least you could have told us something." Ian said. She laughed but it's not the funny and melodic one. No, it's darker. "If I had told you a thing you wouldn't have believed me and would try to protect me."

"So, what are you?" Parker asked. Monica opened her mouth, but her head snapped back. "We've been followed."

"What?" I asked and turned my head. Three black cars were coming towards us at high speed. "Who are they?"

"Maybe they are from the warehouse," Noah suggested. Tristan shook his head. "No."

"I will speed up," Hunter spoke. When he finished the sentence, something slammed the car and we jerked to the left. "FUCK!" Hunter cursed. Another car slammed from behind and our bodies flung forward. If we didn't wear our belts, we would have been thrown out of the windshield. Suddenly, we heard gunshots as the men started to shoot at us. "Guys, protect your head," I said and we covered our heads with our hands. I dragged Monica's body down, but she pulled back.

"Let's end this shit." She sat up and grabbed the front seats to support her weight. "Monica get the fuck down before you have a bullet in your head," Tristan growled but she didn't listen. She leaned to the seats and swung her legs to the driver's seat, right on Hunter's lap.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing?!" He exclaimed. She ignored him and grabbed the steering wheel. She got comfortable on Hunter's lap and called back to us "Get ready." Then, she hit the gas and took out from Parker's jacket two M1014 guns, and tossed them back. "Tristan, Parker, get this and try to shoot them."

"Monica where did-" Blake started but Logan cut him. "Do it." They each grabbed one and opened the windows. Eventually, they started to shoot back at the bastards. Something caught my eye and I turned as some black panthers charged through the woods on both sides. But as I took a good look, I saw that they were not normal panthers. "What the fuck is that?" I burst out.

"I'm going to kill you fucking bastards." Monica cursed as she changed the gears. "Nirvana, Fluffy take them down, now!" She shouted and I watched as a large tiger appeared out of nowhere. "Wow, how long we have since we last saw Fluffy?" Noah asked. I turned to the window and to my surprise I saw a black wolf chasing the panthers. I turned my head back to Monica as a smile took on her face.

"This takes music." She extended her hand and turned the radio on. A loud song started to play through the speakers and Monica pulled a pistol from the sweater and opened the window. "Ian, use your powers and fuel one of the cars in flames." She said and got her head and hands out of the window. Hunter cursed and grabbed her around the waist while Logan grabbed the steering wheel.

"Fuck. It's too difficult to shoot them when we are moving." Monica started to shoot back at them as Ian finally focused on his power and got one of the cars in flames. "Yes." He said in victory.

"FUCK YOU!" Monica shouted to the men behind us. She got back to her position and grabbed the wheel.

"You didn't shoot them," Hunter said. She smiled as she stared ahead in a sharp turn. If you didn't take it close, you would crush right into a large wall of rock. She turned to Logan. "Logan, use your shadows and cover all places." He nodded and suddenly, the sun disappeared, and we drove through the cold and dark night. We got closer and closer to the turn, and I gripped the front seats.

"MONICA WE ARE GOING TO CRUSH!" Noah shouted in fear. Then she took again the pistol and fired back to the two cars. She returned as the turn came into view. She turned off the car lights and we shouted her name; she turned the car to the left with a hard jerk. We swung along with the car, and she took back control of it. "What-" started Blake but an explosion went out from behind us. We turned and saw the two remaining cars crushed to the wall of rock while they burst into flames.

"TAKE THAT BITCHES!" she shouted and smiled through the view mirror.

"That was-" Hunter started but I cut him. "Amazing and clever."

"Thank you." She said proudly while Logan shook his head with a smile on his face. "Now, what are we going to do?" Blake asked our captains.

"We are going back to the academy," Hunter responded. "Lead the way, Shorty." Tristan teased and Parker with Ian chuckled.

"Luke, do something. They are bullying me." She cried and I turned to them with my most angry face. "Fuck off." 

They just stared at me when Blake burst out laughing along with Noah. "What?" I asked in confusion.

"You only are here some months and now you are giving my dogs orders. I'm impressed." Hunter chuckled.

"Yeah, let's talk about you. Who by the way hated her at first and now you let her on your lap." Noah rolled his eyes. Hunter's eyes widened and his gaze went where their bodies joined. He growled softly and Monica shifted on his lap. I coughed as Tristan's phone rang and he answered it. "Yeah. We are okay. We had a small problem but now we are coming back. Okay, see you, Dad." He hanged the phone.

"Your dad?" Parker asked. Tristan nodded.

"Yeah. He wanted to see how we did. We will see him as soon as we get back because he wants to talk." I considered what he said now and turned to Monica. "When we get back, we should talk." She stared at me from the mirror and nodded.

"I will try. Now, let's get back because I smell like crap." She said and I ran my hand through my brown locks. I wonder what you truly are, Mon Ange.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

391K 16.5K 26
She didn't reply and I felt her finger move across my skin, lower, and almost all the way down my lower back. A shiver coursed through my body, stran...
9.7K 211 13
"Are you out of your mind? I could hurt you." The veins started to pumped up in fear of what i'm capable to do. Everything was a blur to me, the room...
99 13 6
It's always that simple like this time. My drunkard voice let it out, "We can't be friends, junior..." I don't know why did I say something LIKE that...
2.3M 55.2K 62
"Breathe." He dipped his head down so that his lips were right at my ear, his strong arm wrapped securely around my waist, molding my body into his...