✓ | REBIRTH OF THE REBEL [Boo...

By abyssofwendy

[Book 2] (I highly recommend for you to read book 1 before proceeding to this book.) This is the second part... More

FOREWORD
ROTR
EXCERPTS
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
AFTERWORD
BOOK THREE

CHAPTER 23

421 23 7
By abyssofwendy

[ C H A P T E R 23 ]

LATISHA VALENTINE

After our love making, we changed into regal attire. Sobrang tagal na noong huli kong suot ng ganitong damit dahil hindi naman ako mahilig sa ganito. The heavy layers are making my agility depletes which is why I never really wore something exquisite even when I am just walking around the Duchy. Isa pa, hindi din sakto sa akin ang mga damit ko.

Logan uttered that the carriage carrying the Lord of the State had entered the territory of the Duchy. Roshan already deployed the entourage and we are now waiting for their arrival. I do understand that we are doing this out of formal accommodations, but I also wanted to implore camaraderie, so that what happened in the past will be forgotten.

"Wow, patingin nga ng mukha na laging nadidiligan?"

Biglang sumulpot si Blessime sa tabi ko. Pinandilatan ko pa siya ng mga mata pero napangisi lang ang bruha. She was holding an apple and took a bite after giving me a mocking expression.

"Respeto naman po sa single dito," dagdag niya.

"Single ka nga pero nawawala 'yan sa bokabularyo mo tuwing nakahubad ka sa harapan ng kaibigan ko," agad na sabi ko. I gave her a mean look and also an expression that I know what she is up to.

"Friends talaga kayo?" tanong ni Blessime. She crossed her arms as her eyebrows did the same. "Akala ko joke lang ni Cyan 'yon, kasi sabi niya din si Wince ang lagi mong ka-bonding."

"Speaking of," I uttered. I faced her side. Nasa entrance kasi kami ngayon ng mansyon para salubungin ang paparating. I was sitting on a chair at the center of the front door. Medyo mainit din kasi sa labas.

"You kissed Wince in front of Cyan. You are never that bitch to hurt a man's feelings, Blessime," I continued.

"Spare me with the scolding, Latisha. You don't know what truly happened," sagot niya. She doesn't sound displeased but I am sure she's talking with a little threat. "He is the one to blame. My signal was clear, siya lang itong malabo. I said we can explore our needs but we must not mix it with our wants."

Napamaang ako saglit. "Are you nuts?" hindi makapaniwala na tanong ko. I was looking at her face, trying to understand the context of what my cousin is implying. "You two are freaking me out," dagdag ko.

"Why? It's not like it's not a trend to have a fuck buddy, cousin," she uttered. Even her voice was filled with confidence and determination. Gusto ko atang sapakin ang babaeng ito sa pinagsasabi niya.

Napailing na lamang ako. "You are corrupted," I uttered.

"Ouch naman, ang sakit po, tagos to the bone but I don't fucking care," she uttered. She even acted like she was hurt and then binawi niya lang na parang wala lang sa kanya. "Who wouldn't be corrupted if he's fucking good on bed, cousin. Can your Duke compete with that?" she added.

I scoffed. "You don't want to know," I uttered. "But to save my husband's reputation, cousin. I wouldn't be pregnant if he wasn't that amazing."

"Heh," she replied. Lumihis ang tingin niya sa harap. "You planned to get pregnant, Tish. But of course, let's give him recognition for being a sharpshooter."

Napangisi na lang ako bago ako napailing. Having this casual talk with Blessime feels like we don't face danger on the way. I always feel at ease whenever she's around.

"I need to go," she suddenly uttered. "Ayaw kong makita ang pigura ng asungot na 'yon. Kapag hinahanap niya ako, sabihan mo lang na naghahanap ako ng mas magaling sa kanya. Bye, Tish. See you later!"

Hindi man lang ako nakapagsalita at deretso talaga siyang umalis pagkatapos ibilin sa akin ang gusto niyang iparating kay Cyan. Napapailing na lamang ako sa trip ng pinsan ko. Minsan, parang kay Cyan na ako naaawa kaysa sa kanya dahil sa trip niyang magloko.

"Your grace," Laphel uttered when he got near.

"How are you feeling?" agad kong tanong sa kanya. Laphel was taken aback when that was the first question that escaped my mouth. Pinapatawag ko kasi siya dahil na rin sa nag-aalala ako.

"I am better, your grace. Thank you for asking," he replied. He slightly made a bow of respect and looked at me with a little smile on his face. "I will come back to the borders right after the entourage arrives. The snow is melting, so the weather is getting warm."

Napatango ako. "Alright, just tell me what you need, okay?" I said.

"Thank you, your grace," he uttered instantly.

I could feel Laphel's distance and how his voice and responses felt like I am foreign. Hindi ko na lang pinagtuunan ng pansin dahil wala ata siyang balak sabihin sa akin mismo. I will wait for him to open up, but at the same time, I fear it might take long.

He left right after and I was then feeling alone. Pinagpiyestahan ko na lamang ang prutas na nasa isang bowl na binigay ni Blessime kanina. Sumama din kasi si Roshan sa pagsundo kaya ako lang ang naiwan. Kasama ko naman si sir Hasan pero nasa mainit na parte siya sa labas ng bahay.

After a while, we can finally see the carriage accompanied by Roshan's men riding horses. Napatayo ako para salubungin sila at hinintay na makaabot sa harapan ng bahay.

Roshan immediately got off the horse and marched his way towards my direction. He then snaked his arms around me and planted a soft kiss on my forehead. Napatawa na lamang ako dahil bumulong pa siya na na-miss niya ako kahit nagsama naman kami kanina.

Erwan opened the door of the carriage and the Lord of the State went out. Nothing much changed in him, he still looks the same. Also, talk the same.

"It is nice to see your beauty again, your grace," Jakare uttered. He reached for my hand and was about to kiss the back of it when Roshan pulled it away from him. "Oh, come on, your grace. Hindi ko naman itatanan ang asawa mo."

"Haven't you remembered our deal?" Roshan asked. He pulled me a little away from the Lord. "I won that match, and my request is to stay away from my wife. If you want to break that deal, give me your territories first."

Jakare groaned but it wasn't out of frustration, but rather delightment. He looked at me bearing a forceful smile. "Your husband is a cunning and possessive asshole, Duchess. And since I wouldn't want to lose my assets, I have obliged to this impossible request."

I just smiled at him. "Welcome to the manor, Lord of the State. I apologize for my husband's reaction but the deal is beyond my concern. I will be incharge of your accommodations, so feel free to ask Erwan what you like and I will gladly assess that," I uttered.

"No," Roshan interrupted. "All your concerns will be in my care, Napoleon. You have the habit of lavishness, so I have to ensure we'll not go bankrupt while accommodating you."

Jakare let out a chuckle. "You are so uptight, Roshan."

"Just a normal husband's duty," he replied instantly.

"Alright then, I will be in your care," Napoleon uttered. His voice was filled with delight and excitement. It seems like he is thinking something that I should be wary about. Bigla niyang binalika ng tingin sa akin. "Your grace, I had come across a rumor that you had fallen ill. But it looks like you are healthy. Was that just an excuse to heightened the borders?"

I was about to answer him when Roshan pinched my waist a little, it didn't hurt but I could feel what he wanted to convey. Napatingin ako sa kanya at siya rin naman agad sinalubong ang tingin ko. My belly might have been hidden under these layers of clothing, but everyone in the Duchy already knows I am conceiving.

Roshan diverted his attention back to the lord. "Let's talk in my office before you will be escorted to your chamber, Napoleon," he uttered. The Duke then gestured to Erwan to lead the way.

Hindi na nagsalita si Jakare at sumunod na lang. Sinundan ko lang sila ng tingin bago ko naramdaman ang daliri ni Roshan sa aking baba at dahan-dahan akong pinatingin sa mukha niya. His face is exceptionally bright at this moment which made a smile escape my lips.

"Everything will be fine," he uttered.

He must have sensed my worries had escalated. Huminga ako saglit bago ako tumango. He left another forehead kiss before he followed the two inside the mansion. Alam kong hindi ako makakasunod kaya hindi ko na pinilit.

I sigh deeply.

"Ang lalim naman, Madame."

Naramdaman ko ang pigura ni Wince sa kanan ko habang nasa kaliwa naman si Cyan. Nasa gitna na naman ako ng dalawang makisig at mahangin na mga Clover Knight kaya mas lalo lamang akong napabuntong hininga ng malalim.

"Madame, gusto mong kumain?" tanong ni Cyan.

"O baka gusto mong gumala?" Wince said right after.

"Gusto ko kayong piktusin," sagot ko. Walang halong biro ang boses ko pero sa kaloob-looban ko ay gusto ko na din matawa sa reaksyon ng dalawa.

"Madame, huwag mo naman masyadong ipahalata na kami ang pinaglilihian mo," nakangising sabi ni Wince. Talagang ang lakas ng angas niya dahil sa kanila talaga ako nabubuwisit— este, naglilihi.

"Shut up, Wince. Ako lang pinaglilihian niya. Ang gwapo ko kasi, hindi ba, Madame?" sambit ni Cyan habang hinihingi ang kumpirmasyon ko. Dinapoan ko lang siya ng nakakabagot na tingin. "Oh, di'ba, Wince. She admires my face. Tiyak akong kamukha ko ang magiging anak nila."

"Kilabutan ka nga sa sinasabi mo," agad na sumbat ni Wince sa kanya. "Sa mukhang mo 'yan, parang mas nais ko pang si Laphel ang paglihian ng Duchess."

"Ano bang problema mo sa mukha ko?" tanong ni Cyan. nagsisimula na naman po sila kaya napailing na lamang ako. "Kasalanan ko bang pinanganak akong gwapo at ikaw ay hindi?"

"Aba! Ang gwapo ko kaya, mas maganda ang lahi ko kasya sa 'yo," agad na depensya ni Wince. Nagharap na ang dalawa at ako itong nasa gitna naiipit. Sa liit ko din, tanging mga dibdib lang nila ang nakikita ko.

"Mas maganda ang akin! May lahi kaming Norte, magaganda ang lahi ng mga nasa Norte!" litanya ni Cyan. Sa lakas ng boses niya parang madudurog ang taenga ko.

"Ha!" Wince replied. "Kung alam mo lang ang lahi ko, tiklop ang pagmamayabang mo," dagdag niya.

Of course, may lahing diwata si Wince, hindi niya lang masabi-sabi.

"Ano ba lahi mo? Lahing kambing?" panunukso ni Cyan.

Naririndi na ako sa lakas ng bangayan nila kaya sabay ko silang tinulak palayo sa akin. I glared at Cyan when he was about to speak, and he immediately understood my displeasure. Dinapuan ko din ng tingin si Wince.

"Wince, let's talk in private," walang emosyon na saad ko.

Nauna akong maglakad papasok sa mansyon at kalaunan ay sumabay na si Wince sa akin. We just marched our way towards the East Wing. Roshan converted this side into a spacious place. The garden of Annabelle was destroyed when we were attacked, and he told me that I can do whatever I want with this much space. I haven't decided on what to do with it.

I stopped at the center and looked at Wince with a serious face. He must have realized what I was imploring, making him copy the aura I was emitting.

"I want to talk to Raphael," I uttered.

Bahagya siyang nagulat at napamaang saglit bago kamutin ang kanyang batok. My eyebrows crossed looking at his gesture that seemed like displaying a response of opposition.

"Gusto ko siyang kausapin," dagdag ko. I crossed my arms and turned towards a side. "The Duke is hiding something from me, and I can sense it is connected to that Hashire. I want to know the truth of saving me from that poison. Isa pa, I wasn't informed where and why I got targeted with that deadly weapon."

"Uhm..." he mumbled. He breathed out a heavy sigh before continuing. "His grace asked us to tie our lips sealed if you ever ask about it, but as your friend and I can also count myself as your guardian, I can't keep you away from the limelight, Madame."

Nagsalubong ang mga tingin namin. "Pray tell," I whispered.

Wince drew closer. "Your cousin told me it is not from the Moore clan so our last resort would be someone from the Capital. As we investigated the origin of the poison and interrogated those who attacked us that time, it led us to a dead end," he paused. I could sense urgency and discretion in his voice. "We concluded it was someone who is powerful to create such ancient poison and only targeted the Duchess. That is why I dragged Prince Raphael into this mess."

Tinuro ko siya. "You...what?" hindi ako makapaniwala sa naririnig ko. I couldn't even say a word and just looked at Wince with my widened eyes.

"I am sorry that a bargain has to be made, your grace. Whatever his highness is planning, it always results in a good intention," he uttered.

"Is taking a child away from her mother a good intention?" I asked, unbelieving to the goodness of whoever this Hashire is.

"You must understand, Madame," Wince uttered. His voice now speaks volume and determination. "You have both active and dormant magic inside you. This is something that is forbidden in this Empire. That is also the reason why the Hashire Kingdom stays a land that hasn't been conquered, because that Kingdom is filled with magic."

"You are saying...that Zither man will bring my child to his Kingdom?" I uttered. I was looking at his eyes, trying to understand what this conversation is bringing us.

"It could be, Madame. He can protect her," Wince uttered.

Mas lalo lamang akong nagulat. "Her..." I mumbled. Napaiwas ako ng tingin dahil hindi ko na kaya ang nakikita kong katotohanan sa mga mata niya. "he will take away a daughter...my daughter," I uttered.

"I am sorry, Latisha," Wince whispered.

Naibalik ko ang aking tingin sa kanya. "How did you know it was a girl? Did Giselle seek your presence? Do you know what this future holds?"

Bigla siyang tumango. "The Goddess of time warned me not to tell you, but I don't think I have the energy of turning my eyes away. She said that this future is tangled with a lot of revelations, including something that she has feared since the beginning."

"And what would that be?" I asked.

"Your twin sister," he uttered. His voice was heavy as his eyes spoke with seriousness. "She has to be removed from you. That is the only thing that will save the future. Accept Prince Raphael's offer, your grace."

*~*~*~*
VOTE ~ COMMENT ~ SHARE
are very much appreciated, thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 23 38
If you like these types of stories then this should be a fun read. One day you were reading your favorite novel with your best friend, but the next...
MissFortune By Rosiquen

Historical Fiction

3.4K 83 17
"Here's a little reminder, Wife. You are going to perish." Rosamund, the Daughter of the Duke, the Young Lady was fairest of all the nobles. Who kne...
857 60 26
The story of a reincarnated villainess. "It's your life now." Sometimes we find peace in our constant suffering, sometimes we break free of our suf...
29.9K 1.2K 28
Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarnated as Queen Estella de Royalis, the vil...