✓ | REBIRTH OF THE REBEL [Boo...

By abyssofwendy

[Book 2] (I highly recommend for you to read book 1 before proceeding to this book.) This is the second part... More

FOREWORD
ROTR
EXCERPTS
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
AFTERWORD
BOOK THREE

CHAPTER 22

448 23 3
By abyssofwendy

Note: Happy 7th month, ROTR! It has been that long since the debut of the Duke and Duchess of Reidensteigh. Thank you so much for your unending support, and I apologize for the delayed updates. There have been a lot of setbacks lately, but I assure you that ROTR 2 will end this year. To commemorate this event, enjoy reading four Chapters today! I'm so generous, right? Hahahaha see you soon!

[ C H A P T E R 22 ]

LATISHA VALENTINE

"Why did you decide that without consulting me?!"

Nagulat si Roshan nang biglang tumaas ang boses ko. Even Wince somehow got startled and began to walk away slowly. Hindi ko siya pinansin dahil nasa asawa ko nakatuon ang aking tingin.

"Why, your grace?" I added. My voice this time was chill, for I also didn't want this to turn into an argument. His amber orbs were speaking. It's talking to me, making me see in his eyes, earning a deep understanding and listening to his reasons.

"Because I don't want you to suffer," he replied. His voice was barely audible but I could hear it loud and clear because of our position. "You suffered because of her, because your parents fused you both into one. Now that there is a cure for it, I didn't hesitate to want it gone."

Lumapit ako ng konti. "Did you ever think I didn't do it when I had a chance?" I asked. My voice speaks of solid opposition, but I also want him to understand. "My mother's lineage is known for this dark magic. If they could do it, of course there is a cure. But what stake should be bet for a successful detachment?"

"Wife, Hashires are known powerful mages. Even Raphael didn't hesitate and immediately agreed," he uttered. He brought my hands together and trapped them in his fingers. "I want nothing but to free you from this curse, wife. I don't want to see you get hurt anymore."

"Hindi ko maintindihan," tanging nasabi ko na lamang. Umiwas ako ng tingin dahil parang naninikip ang dibdib ko kapag nakatingin ako sa kanya. "Saving me feels like his excuse, Roshan. He wants my magic, he wants a child that has my magic. He agreed to take my sister's soul from me because my sister also has it," I added.

"I know," he replied. Dinala niya ako sa iyang yakap at nagsimula siyang pakalmahin ako. "I am sorry..." he whispered below my ear. I could feel his sincerity flowing through his breath and his embrace that seems to convey more than what his mouth could.

"I want to talk to him," I uttered. Ramdam ko ang determinasyon sa boses ko. "He was here before, and I don't know how he wants to talk. Can you communicate with him?"

"I will ask Wince," he replied.

Unfortunately, Wince is no longer in the room. Mas humigpit lamang ang yakap niya sa akin at hinayaan ko na lamang. Buong akala ko pa naman ay ang pagbubuntis ko ang magiging susi sa kalayaan ko, pero bakit dumating itong asungot na Hashire at agad inangkin ang isa sa mga anak ko. Nabubuwist tuloy ako kapag naiisip ko siya.

"Roshan..." tawag ko sa kanya.

"hmmm?" he replied instantly. Nakasandal na ako sa dibdib niya habang pinagpiyestahan niya ngayon ang presensya ko. Lagi nalang ganito ang sitwasyon namin kapag kami lang. He said that my presence is an energy that he needs when the problems around the Duchy drains him.

"I never asked your thoughts about this pregnancy, didn't I?" I uttered right after a few seconds of silence. Dahil sa lapit namin, naramdaman ko kaagad ang pagtigas ng kanyang katawan. "Are you truly happy that we are having kids?" I added.

"I am, I've been wanting to have kids with you, because that's the only thing that will make you stay," he replied. His head is still buried in my neck and his breath tickles my skin. "When you asked for divorce, I was determined to hold grounds, to take risks. I was late at realizing how much you mean to me, Latisha."

"But," I paused. I am unsure if bringing it up will clear something between us. I took a deep breath, and moved away a little, just enough that I could face him. "Nethys warned me about Napoleon's involvement. Didn't you get scared that I might end up following Annabelle's path?"

Nagtataka ako ng isang manipis na ngiti lamang ang sinagot niya, bago ako hilain muli at yakapin. Akma na sana akong gagalaw ng pigilan niya ako.

"Annabelle's pregnancy traumatized me," he suddenly uttered. Mahina ang boses niya, at parang halos hindi niya din mailabas 'yon. I could feel his breathing and I know how it affects his emotions. "Napoleon and Annabelle are quite close, because he found her first. He was like a brother that protects his sister at all cost even when they aren't related. When she got under my care, Napoleon and I had vowed to protect her but we both failed."

"No, you did your best," I suddenly interrupted. Ramdam ko kasi ang sakit sa boses niya kaya nakapagsalita ako. He just tucked a thin smile as if he appreciated me voicing out but he couldn't truly accept it.

"When she got pregnant, I was the happiest father to be in the world, and Napoleon was a proud Uncle," he uttered, completely ditching what I said. He began stroking my hair again, and sometimes kissed the strands. "But, it also breaks me when she dies," he added.

That phrase made his voice finally break. I could feel pain and betrayal forming in his presence. Napahawak ako sa kanyang pisngi para punasan ang tumulong hula sa kanyang mga mata. My heart aches for him. I am breaking too.

"What happened was my fault, that is why it left a scar. If I hadn't done it, she might have been spared. She might have been alive," he continued. His voice was cracking, trying to suppress the emotions twirling inside him. "Everything changed when she died. I got lost, the Duchy suffered under my negligence. I blamed myself for her death. That's why I can't face Annika and miss her growth."

"Do you still blame yourself now?" I whispered to him. My gaze locked on his amber orbs and a little smile escaped in my lips. "Do you still wish to insist you shouldn't have done that?" I added another question.

"If that didn't happen, you wouldn't be here in my arms, wife. I may be selfish for answering this way, but everything happens for a reason, and maybe that led me to you," he replied. Nakikita ko ang kaginhawaan sa mukha niya. "Now, to answer your first question. I am scared about the possibilities of my actions. I am trying not to conclude abruptly nor act without hesitation. I am scared that if I don't follow your rules, I might lose you."

Napabuntong-hininga ako. "I am not leaving—"

"You are," he cut me off. "You are planning to leave the Duchy. It's your ultimate goal since you asked me for divorce." Roshan's eyes emitted an emotion of pain. "I know you. You will not settle unless you achieve what you want. That is how I know you, and even if you always say you won't. I know, someday...I will be facing your back as you walk away from my life. I am scared of that."

I give up. I can't make him feel like I'm not leaving. He must have mastered all the odds for that. Hindi na lang ako nagsalita dahil wala din naman patutunguhan 'yon.

"I am glad you are pregnant," he suddenly uttered after my long silence. "Because you are here. You are staying a little longer."

"Roshan," I said as I mastered my confidence to speak without this harming us both. "You know I know the future, and I am doing this to avoid that. You have to understand why my actions never lined up with yours."

"Alam ko," mahina niyang sabi. "I can't help myself to be selfish. There are ways we can pursue the future together, wife. There are options for us to choose on how we can protect ourselves for what is to come. Hindi ba pwedeng piliin mo naman ako?"

Nasasaktan ako. I could feel my chest tightened like I was wrapped in a rope. His constant begging for me to stay is always hurting me. Kahit gusto ko rin sabihin na nais ko din naman manatili, pero paano ko siya mapoprotektahan kung ang sarili ko mismo ang kakalabanin niya?

Should I trust Raphael about taking my sister's soul from my system? 'Yon lang naman kasi ang problema ko. As long as my sister is inside me, I am a threat to him, to the Duchy. Ayoko ulitin ang nangyari sa umpisa naming buhay.

Hindi na lamang ako nagsalita at ako na ang yumakap sa kanya. I can't answer the question because it's something I am unsure of. Ayoko magpadaloy-daloy dahil lang sa nakikita kong nasasaktan siya sa desisyon ko. I'll think about it some other time.

Silence occupied for a while, until I burst a question that somehow struck my head. "Do you think Jakare will win?" tanong ko.

"The plans have been deployed. We are making sure that the ballots will not be tampered with on election day. I already asked the Clovers to be hands on once the City Hall does the vote counting," agad na sagot niya.

"Okay," I uttered. I smiled at him which made his expression change into confusion. I leaned a little, close enough that our nose bridge collided. "I will give you an answer once the election ends. Can you wait for it?"

"Fine," he replied. "But, I still have to convince you to stay by my side forever. I won't lose you, not in this lifetime."

Napangiti na lamang ako. I almost flinched when he pulled me in and kissed me, passionately. Ramdam ko ang pagmamahal sa halik niya kaya agad akong tumugon. I admire how Roshan's changes made him become a better man.

He listens to my requests and even understands my silence. He is far from the old Roshan I know, making my heart flutter. I love this man so much, and somehow I always wished that we could just escape these responsibilities and just enjoy the company of each other.

But we couldn't, we can't.

"Should we made love today?" he asked. His hands were all over my body, tracing my curves like memorizing how I was perfectly sculpted for him. His lips were on my neck, sucking and nibbling my flesh while my hands stroked his hair and grabbed his arm.

"I don't know," I uttered before I let a gasp escape my mouth. His playful tongue knew how to pleasure me too well. "The Lord of the State is coming to the Duchy, your grace. We have to prepare an entourage," I added.

"We can entrust that to the Clovers, wife." His hands found their way between my legs, touching my wetness. I arched when he rubbed my sensitive bud while my undergarments was still on. "You are already wet to delay penetration," he added. His voice was filled with sultriness.

Napaungol ako ng hawiin niya ang aking panty at pinasok ang dalawang daliri sa aking kuweba. He started moving them in and out, thrusting slowly and sometimes deeper. His thumb was even playing with my bud making my sensation grow more sensitive.

"Roshan," I moaned. "I always fucking hate your impatience. Slow the fuck down," I continued immediately. Naiinis ako sa ginagawa niya. He is making me cum faster with his phase. Parang nagmamadali kaya nasapak ko ang balikat niya.

"We have to prepare an entourage, right?" he suddenly uttered. He wasn't stopping with his fingers thrusting inside me at a fast pace. "I want to enter you, but you said that my shaft hurts if I don't get your tightness go numb."

"Oh, god!" I squeaked. Roshan looks proud that I reached a peak with his fingers playing with me. He then removed his undergarments while I was trembling from the post-effect of my orgasm. "The fuck this is embarrassing. You're fucking me on a sofa, your grace!" I added.

"Why not? This sofa is multifunctional," he replied before positioning himself. He entered without hesitation and began moving faster. Hindi ko tuloy ma-control ang katawan ko sa bawat bugso ng pagbayo niya.

I tried to reach his chest but he ended up trapping my hands on top of me that made him thrust deep. My legs are stretching like an elastic band, but he's not minding it.

"Roshan...slow down, please," I begged. Even if this feels pleasure, I am getting uncomfortable. The sofa may be wide for both of us, but it's rough and scraping my back. "This is uncomfortable, your grace. Mahuhulog ako sa sofa," I added.

"Oh, love. I'm sorry," he said as he was slowing down. He stopped thrusting and leaned to kiss me. Agad akong humawak sa kanyang leeg para itaas ang sarili ko. I pushed Roshan to the other side and I replaced our position.

I let out a sly smile looking at his confused face. I couldn't believe he would buy that idea.

"How clever, wife," Roshan uttered when he grasped the situation. "I never really taught you anything about love making," he added. He put his hands on the side of my hips.

"Afraid that I might not be submissive anymore?" I asked, still plastering that mischievous smile on my face.

Roshan let out a chuckle, making my body dance with the rhythm of his body. I pulled his hands from me and put it on top of him like he always does with me.

"Oh, wife. I like your initiative," he replied. He is completely playing with me right now. He didn't exert strength when I pinned him, he was even enjoying it. "What are you going to do now?" he uttered with his hoarse voice.

"I..." I uttered as I leaned and my lips almost touched him. "Huwag na huwag mo ako minamadali, your grace. I get that we have to be preparing an entourage as the Lord of the State enters the territory, but I have my needs."

"Well, I'm sorry," he replied. He was trying to catch my lips but I won't let him get a chance. Roshan just smiled knowing that I'm being playful. "But, you opened the idea first, didn't you? You brought the subject of the entourage, wife."

I smiled, something that always makes everyone back off. But, he sure didn't. Roshan even liked what I'm doing with him. I was moving on top of him while looking at his eyes. He didn't really pull his shaft when we shifted position.

"Wife..." he said softly.

"What is it, your grace?" I uttered.

"I love you," he replied instantly. He then lifted his head to reach me and kissed me on the lips. "But we are going to be late," he added.

Napatawa na lamang ako.

"I am the Duchess, your grace. And you are the Duke. Everyone can wait, can't they?" I answered.

"Such a sly woman, are you?" he said.

*~*~*~*
VOTE ~ COMMENT ~ SHARE
are very much appreciated, thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 156 22
After dying unexpectedly from a traffic accident, Aria woke up inside the body of Cassia Clorance -- the villainess of the famous novel she just fini...
1M 43.3K 94
on her birthday Catherine recalled the memories of her past life thanks to being hit by a door. the next day she'd learned that she was reincarnated...
74.6K 2.5K 64
𝑨𝒏 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏. 𝘙𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘦, 𝘢 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧...
6.8K 531 50
A college student majoring in Finance met a tragic end at the hands of a serial killer. Yet, her story took an unexpected turn when she woke up in th...