By Chance | Complete |

By _STMG_

[Completed Book One]After a failed suicide attempt, the death of her parents the same day, and the loss of he... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chpater Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty One
Chapter Eighty Two
Chapter Eighty Three
Epilogue
By Desire - Book Two [Published]

Chapter Seven

10.6K 214 79
By _STMG_

Lyra

We sat in the circle of the basement, Sasha and I on a couch while Teddy sat on the arm close to her.

"Never have I ever..." Amanda Owens mumbled before her face lit up, "had a three way." A grin spread across her face as she pushed her blonde hair behind her shoulder, leaning back into the couch.

There were a couple low groans in our circle of ten before Jenna Wilkins, David Piers and River each threw their shots back.

"I knew it." Sasha whispered yelled. "I fucking knew it."

"Hush, Sash." River rolled his dark eyes and shook his hair, his curls bouncing slightly.

He had had a threesome? That was definitely information I didn't need to know nor ever intended on learning. It was amazing to me he could get one girl to sleep with him let alone two...unless. I hated that imagine in my head, I hated the imagine of his beautifully disgusting face. He caused so much anger to build within me.

Jenna, who was next to her refilled her shot glass. "Okayyy..." She trailed off. "Never have I ever.....fucked someone who's taken."

David, Amanda, River, Teddy, Callan and Paisley Cho each took a sip of their drink.
Amanda's face was filled with an embarrassed blush, as she sat back on the couch as if she was trying to not draw attention to herself. She made me wonder how bad of a story she had.

No one else seemed to care, yet she acted as if she had a story worth telling, a story that made her blush as if cool winter air had nipped at her cheeks.

Or maybe I was just drunk and not thinking clearly, interpreting her blush as something more.

While my friends and River seemed to drink for a lot of them, I had only picked up my drink a few times. And each time it was Callan's turn, he didn't miss a chance to make the women in the room drink.

A sly smirk spread across his thin lips and his green eyes lit up. "Never have I ever sucked a cock."

He was a dick. He said easy shit on purpose,
Amanda's and Jenna both let out groans before picking up their drinks. The five girls picked up their drinks along with David and Peter
Howard.

Callan's jaw dropped as he looked at Peter.

"Hello?" He questioned him as he threw back his drink.

A red blush spread across Peter's face, clearly embarrassed Callan couldn't have left it alone.

"Piss off, Hill." Sasha and Teddy said at the same time, clearly not amused.

"I didn't know, bite me-"

River put his beer down roughly. "Do we need a repeat of last party?"

"Just leave him-"

"Don't be a fucking piece of shit. Leave everyone alone. You aren't starting stuff tonight." River threatened him. "Leave or don't be a prick."

Everyone stared at him, some with wide eyes like myself, Peter and Amanda. The others acted as if this wasn't out of the norm.

"Don't worry, he deserved it." Sasha told me.

"If River didn't stop him, there's no telling what he would have said...Callan starts something every single party. He gets so drunk that he starts a fight with anyone. " She whispered.

"Thanks, River." Peter said, blushing before River squeezed his shoulder. 

"He's River's step cousin too." Her voice said against my ear. "He's had a hard time adjusting and Callan doesn't make it easy for anyone new."

I nodded as River sat back down and Teddy took his spot next to Sasha.

Peter looked around, his broad shoulders dropping in relief.

"Your turn," David told him.

"Never have I ever...gotten a tattoo."

The four of us picked up our drinks, along with David before throwing back the liquids.
I knew the three of them had tattoos, I had seen a few on their arms, and Sasha had some on her back. While theirs were larger pieces, mine were tiny and hidden. One behind my ear, on my side, and on my elbow.

Sasha's eyes went wide over the bloodshot. "You have tattoos?"

I nodded and moved my hair away from my ear, showing her the red butterfly that sat there.

"I love it." She grinned and brushed her fingertip against the small lines. "Do you have more?"

I nodded, I'd show her eventually.

After Jenna's turn, we decided to quit the game and drink a bit before going upstairs to dance.
I hardly made it up the stairs as Sasha and I held on to each other while Teddy and River were close behind us.

"Teddy, you better connect your phone." Sasha slurred as we got upstairs, the lighting was blue now, and the music filled our ears as we made it through the sweaty bodies to the middle of the room.

River came with us as Teddy disappeared. He helped us push through to get to the middle of the large room.

The music changed, playing Who Gonna Stop Us Now  as the lighting flickered to purple.
Sasha grabbed my hands in hers, her fingers lacing with mine as she leaned in and moved to the music. And in this moment, this very moment, was the first time I didn't care. I moved to the music, laughing and giggling with her as the music blared and River stayed close by us.

My body moved close to Sasha's as the song got louder and warm bodies pressed against us. Sasha took my hand, and twirled me so my back was to her, our fingers still laced together. Her free hand went to my waist as our bodies moved to the music. Nothing else mattered in this moment, we were having fun. Carefree fun that I so desperately desired, because nothing else existed at this moment.

Tons of voices sung along with the song as I let loose, not caring about anyone who watched us or who was around us.

I turned back to face Sasha who had her head hung back as her slim body moved with the music before it switched to Often.

Sasha's face lit up and a devilish grin spread across her lip. My grin matched hers as she pulled me closer.

The dark purple lights glistened off of her glowing face and makeup. She looked even more beautiful than she usually did, she was so carefree, and in this moment, I wasn't me and she wasn't her. At this moment, we could actually be friends. In the world we were in at this moment, we had a chance. We weren't so different. I wasn't me, and she wasn't someone who should hate me and want nothing to do with me.

All my worries slowly disregarded as the memorising voice of the Weeknd sent a warmth through my body, making me feel euphoric. Thanks to my drink and high state, I was beyond relaxing and able to move freely.
It all came to a crash end as I felt someone rub up against me, grinding their hard cock against my ass.

Shock spread through my body and before I could whip around I felt someone grab me by the back of my belt and pull me towards them.

I let out a low squeal and tilted my chin up , looking up to find River. He had the collar of some freshman in his other hand. The freshman looked like he thought River was going to kill him as he squirmed.

"Say fucking sorry." He growled. This was all confusing my intoxicated brain. Why did he care so much?

Did this little shit deserve to be put in his place? Obviously he deserved a little more than that. But with all these people here, River wouldn't do much more. And I didn't want him to.

The frightened boy looked at me, before yelling sorry over the music.

River released the collar of his shirt immediately, pushing him away from us. I watched as he pushed himself off the floor and disappeared into the crowd of people that surrounded us.

River let go of me and took a step away before his bloodshot eyes met mine. He seemed to say something but I couldn't make it out as the music got louder.

My brows pinched together as a confused look passed my face.

River leaned down beside my ear, his hot breath tickled my ear as he spoke, "Are you alright?"

God, he smelled good. His cologne had hints of floral and amber as it filled my nostrils. I hated that he smelled good, and I hated that I thought that too.

I nodded, my cheek brushing against his.
"Thank you...Waterboy." I turned slightly and told him.

"What did you just call me?"

Something I had come up with at the moment. Something that poked fun at him and his name. It's possible, just possible that he really wasn't a dick all the time.

"Who the fuck let me drink that much?!" Sasha groaned as she rolled over in bed, hiding her face in her pillows.

"I believe you threatened to throw a drink in Teddy's face when he warned you." I smiled and leaned on my arm. "I think I blacked out."

The last thing I could remember was dancing with Sasha under dark purple lighting. I remember I had fun... Fun that wasn't on my own, but with friends my age. Ones that I went to school with. The feeling of waking up after a night of friends was one I had forgotten about. Is that what the slight happiness felt like? Did it feel warm and like an old friend you haven't seen in awhile, embracing you in their arms. Their body heat radiating to you. The feeling was welcomed yet I worried more about how long it would last, how long it would last being my low would become worse than the last one.

More than anything, I worried when Sasha would lose interest in me. It had to be soon, right? It was always after something good would happen and nothing would ever live up to that one moment that my brain would idealise and hang on to, remembering every little thing that made me think, maybe - just maybe this could last longer than a couple weeks.

"My head hurts." She groaned before asking me to close the curtains.

I pushed myself off her bed, shrugging off the warm blankets. I strolled over to the curtains, pulling them closed as the rain tapped against the window. Wait. I stopped when I realised we weren't in her room. It was early and still dark from the rainy weather.

"Sash?" I mumbled and she lifted her head off the black pillow. "Where are we?"

She lifted her head and reached for her phone before a bright light shines on the room. That's when I saw the wall of photos, most of them of Teddy, Sasha and River.

"Shit," she rolled on her back and sat up properly before running her long fingers through her braids, which had been tied up into a bun. "Teddy's house. He doesn't like to leave me at my house after partying. I'm sorry."

I shook my head and sat on the edge of the bed, "No, don't be. Did he put your hair up?"

A soft, genuine smile spread across her lips. "He always puts my hair up and washes off my makeup."

My heart warmed at that, at the soft smile that lit up her face. "That's kind of him."

"He washed off yours too, or you did."

I went over to the large mirror that sat above a desk with a laptop and a few books and pens on it. My face was bare from the makeup I had on last night.

"I taught him well," She grinned, proud of her boyfriend.

It was rather sweet of him, she had clearly informed him of how bad it was to wear makeup to bed. A mistake I've made a few times after coming home drunk, almost unable to walk on my own.

"You did."

"He even does skincare. He bought me all my products so I could keep them here and wouldn't have to go home. I remember the first night he snuck me up to his room, he told me he was getting me everything I would ever need in Order for me to stay longer. The next night, he had my entire skincare, along with makeup he had seen me use. I think that moment it became clear how much I was falling for him."

"So that's when, huh?" A voice said, my head snapping to the right and seeing Teddy in the doorway, a pair of black sweatpants sat low on his hips.

"Baby," Sasha whined and held her arms out to Teddy who strides across the room, walking into her open arms and pulling her up, into his arms. She wrapped her legs around his waist with a smile.

"How are you feeling?" His deep voice breaking, turning soft.

"Like shit." She groaned. "I never want to drink again."

Teddy chuckled and rubbed her back. "River's making breakfast. I'll get you some."

"I can," I offered so he wouldn't have to leave her.

"Thank you, Lyra." He laid on the bed, Sasha close to his chest.

I slipped out of the room finding my way down the grand staircase and funding the kitchen on my own. His house was large and newer, being built either before or after Teddy's older brother was born. I had only been there a couple of times to pick something up for the shop or to meet with Mel when she couldn't make it to the shop.

I found River at the stove with a spatula In his hand. He wore grey shorts and a form fitting black t-shirt and I noticed more of his black ink along his upper arms.

"Morning," I mumbled as I entered the kitchen, finding a stool at the island he was cooking at.

"I came to get Sasha some breakfast."

"Is she hungover?" He asked, his lips pressed in a thin line as he pushed around the bacon.

"A bit, she says her head hurts."

"Sugary alcoholic drinks don't mix well with her. She never learns or listens to us." He shook his head, rather amused. He grabbed two plates and put on pancakes, bacon and toast before he slid it across the marble to me. "Yours and Sasha's."

I looked down at the food, my stomach pained with hunger. But I just slid one of the plates back to him, "Thank you, but I have to leave soon."

"Do you want a ride?" He asked, surprising me but I shook my head.

"My sister's picking me up." Lie after lie after lie, Lyra.

He nodded, as I stood up from the counter.

"Are you alright after last night?"

My brows pinched together as I tried to remember last night. Has something happened that I want to remember? I had after all blacked out.

"There was a freshman that-" My eyes widened as the memory came flooding back to my mind.

I nodded, and thanked him. "You didn't have to do anything."

He paused for a moment as if he was ready to say something, but decided against it.

"Freshman need to be put in their place. Just to make sure you understand that doesn't change anything. I still fucking hate you and want you away from my friends."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 243 89
Stephanie Walker, A-straight student, sweet,pretty and every parent's dream. What happens when her simple life clashes with the golden boy at her se...
1.1M 5.2K 8
WARNING: CONTAINS MATURED CONTENT!!! IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THE EXPLICIT AND TRIGGERING SCENES WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK, THEN PLEASE, THIS BOOK...
12.1K 585 43
***FEATURED BY @storiesundiscovered (01/11/2022)*** ***FEATURED BY @dangerouslove (05/08/2022)*** ***FEATURED BY @NA (13/07/2022)*** Small town Frenc...
859 40 17
"If you hate me so much, then why do you stick around?!" I yelled. "I don't hate you. You're just so fucking annoying!" He yelled back, throwing his...