š‡š„š€š‘š“-š’š‡š€šš„šƒ; arth...

By trulvr

怐ļ»æ š—®š—暝˜š—µš˜‚š—暝˜š˜ƒ x š˜§š˜¦š˜®!š˜°š˜¤ 怑 š™„š™‰ š™’š™ƒš™„š˜¾š™ƒ, a lawyer-turned-youtuber and a baker unexpectedly meet... More

overview
playlist
graphics
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
act two
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
act three
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
epilogue
author's note

fourteen

4K 84 17
By trulvr

CHESS GUY <3

lynn
i have a question
read 8:19am

im meant to be working rn
what is it
read 8:23am

oh sorry
read 8:23am

no, you're good
read 8:23am

ok
do you like horror movies
read 8:24am

YES
read 8:24am

do you believe in ghosts
read 8:25am

what an interesting point of conversation
i mean, i'd like to believe in them, i
think the idea of them existing
is cool
i just don't have any reason to
i've never had a 'paranormal
experience'
and also, im too scared to go out
and try to find one
read 8:26am

great!
i have a surprise for you
can you clear your calendar for 
the fifteenth
read 8:26am

oh no
why
read 8:27am

no reason
read 8:27am

arthur istg
read 8:27am

arthur answer me rn
read 8:29am

ARTHUR
read 8:31am

im gonna kill you
read 8:37am

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

FLEETWOOD MAC FLOATED through the air of the bakery as the clock struck an hour before noon. Evelyn hummed along, bobbing her head to the beat of the song, as he feet tapped against the ground and her hands placed individuals chocolate chips on the cookies lining the tray. She was alone - not even the front half of the shop, including Leona, could hear her music - only her and the dough. That was enough to keep the blonde at piece.

Just as Steve Nicks' voice sung the beginning lines, the door across the room gently yet swiftly swung open, the newcomer shutting it behind them with a smile. Alarmed, Evelyn turned around with furrowed brows. She expected Leona, but to say it was a pleasant surprise to see Arthur Frederick standing within the bakery walls was an understatement.

"Arthur, what are you doing here?" She asked with confusion, although a grin formed across her pink lips. 

"Just thought I'd stop by . . . I really want something with cinnamon in it. Is that weird?" He asked as he moved closer, leaning against the bench beside her. She looked down at the bowl of chocolate chips in her hand, gently placing another on top of the final cookie.

"I don't think so," she shrugged as a grin crept onto her lips - one that would never fall away so long as he didn't leave. "Cinnamon is one of the greatest flavours in the world, in my humble opinion."

He laughed as Evelyn dusted the tops of the cookies and slid them into the oven beneath her. It was her final batch, due to their intense need to restock that single compartment of items. They'd been a best-seller that day - they were onto their final two. 

"What song?" Arthur mumbled as he pointed to the speakers dangling from the roof, his eyes falling on the girl leaning over the sink with water running between her soapy fingers.

"Sisters of the Moon," she smiled softly, tilting her head in his direction.

He nodded, biting the inner skin of his cheek. "Would you say you're a sister of the moon?" He asked curiously. Evelyn only turned to him with furrowed brows, lips parted in both confusion and surprise.

"Are you asking if I'm a witch, Arthur?" The band continued to play in the background. It was hard to breathe.

"Possibly," he shrugged with a knowing smirk. She was dark at the top of the stairs.

Evelyn smirked back as she grabbed the tea towel off the bench beside him. She called to me. "Would you burn me at the stake if I said yes?" She questioned with raised brows.

Guitar strings were strung, drums were beaten, and piano keys were graciously played. It all mixed together, forming a melody one couldn't think to copy. That was when it hit the blonde, hit her like a bullet train running late, and it all made sense. Strings, played, beating the drums. Stringing hearts, people being played, beating the feelings away. What feelings? What feelings, Evelyn asked herself. As she stood in her bakery, a red checkered tea towel in hand, feet inches away from Arthur, she realised it was her feelings. Her. She was falling, and suddenly, the ground disappeared.

All the stolen glances, all the thought-to-be-meaningless thoughts. The texts, the random meetings, the invitations, the times. Not a day did she not long to communicate with the man in whatever way she could find was necessary. He was like a drug, what teachers told you to ignore. They hook you, they would say, they hook you in close enough until you can't leave. They're addicting like that, and often, you can't turn back. Arthur was addicting, too addicting, to a point where Evelyn couldn't envision life without him.

Arthur hummed. "Fire's not really my thing. I could resort to burying you alive, though," he teased as his eyes found the roof, a gentle laugh passing through his lips. Evelyn studied him. And so, I followed as friends often do. Stevie Nicks, Evelyn thought, why create such lyrics that make me want to fall to my knees and scream?

"Still seeking cinnamon?" The blonde asked with a subtle tilt of her head. Arthur nodded, closing his eyes as he thought in satisfaction. He was entirely oblivious to what was running through the girls head, yet if he were to know, he would smile, because he'd had the exact same trigger moment just a day ago when she left him with a kiss on the cheek on a bustling red carpet. It was all the same. "Come on, we've got options."

As the blonde pushed through the doors leading to the back room, Arthur following closely behind her to the point where his hand often brushed against the side of her thigh, she left Stevie Nicks to belt out the rest of the eternal song to an empty room. Does anyone know her name?

Leona and the other girl working greeted the blonde, the co-owner nodding in Arthur's direction as they passed by the many displays. She pointed out options, cinnamon muffins, cinnamon scrolls, cinnamon roll bread. Everytime she pointed, he'd hum, because they all looked good. Everything she made looked good in his eyes. However, he knew what he'd have. He'd buy whatever she showed him last, because that meant more time he could spend only inches away from her. Not even.

In the end, he left with a mocha cinnamon truffle dangling in a paper bag from his right hand. He gave her a wave as he exited the shop with a nod, having been told the dessert was free for a friend. Friend. How that word had struck his heart, yet he could do nothing. However, when Evelyn reached into her pocket for her phone, she pulled out a five pound note. Immediately, she message the man. All he responded with was a smiley-face.

Leona caught her eye from the other end of the counter. She raised a single brow as she mindlessly steamed the coffee milk. Evelyn bit her lip, eyes zoning out in thought, before she slowly nodded her head. Somehow, they both knew what they meant.

She walked out the back, a new song filling her ears. Wicked Game. Of course Chris Isaak had to come on next. With a sigh, the blonde leant down to check on her cookies. What the hell.

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

new instagram post from eviebradshaw

liked by arthurtv, leonaqueen and 31,380 others

eviebradshaw hey alexa, play the bakery by arctic monkeys

-

view all comments . . .

arthurtv how fitting
eviebradshaw good observation, sherlock
arthurtv shut up, its hard to comment on a boring post
eviebradshaw i take complete offense to that
arthurtv okay, im sorry

usera where at?
eviebradshaw hearts and flours!!
usera cool, thank you

imallexx bring me bread pls
eviebradshaw no, get it yourself

cam_kirkham you're making me hungry
eviebradshaw ok
cam_kirkham what did i do??
eviebradshaw nothing :)

glambyflo looks amazing x
eviebradshaw ill bring you a muffin next time im over
glamwithdarcey make that two!
eviebradshaw only for you ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 586 25
English Channel - a arthurtv fic IN WHICH Two YouTubers with very different content from each side of the English Channel meet OR IN WHICH Moving...
7.3K 97 10
šˆš§ š°š”š¢šœš”: š’š”šž šŸšžš„š„ šØšÆšžš« š”š¢š¬ šŸšžšžš­ ššš§š š¤š§šžš° š”šž š°ššš¬ š¢š§šœš«šžšš¢š›š„š² š šØš«š šžšØš®š¬. šŽš« š‡šž'š š§šžšÆšžļæ½...
267K 3.4K 49
beth and harry, harry and beth. they were youtubes newest couple, but with so many obstacles, will they make it?
11.8K 78 29
Your older brother Simon is a youtuber in a group called the Sidemen. They are currently living in the sidemen house all together, you get into a bit...