Play With Fire

By badomensls

When Los Angeles firefighter Alex Howard responds to a house fire, she meets an unexpected friend. This is th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 3

214 3 0
By badomensls

Alex's POV

I got finished at the hospital around 8:30 pm and had headed back to the fire house to grab my things and inform my Lieutenant that I would need at least 2 weeks off for the burn on my shoulder to fully heal.

Once my stuff was gathered and I had spoken with my Lieutenant, I got into my car to head home. I looked at the clock on the dash and sighed: 9:30 pm. It was dark and I was physically and mentally exhausted from fighting the house fire and getting injured. The relieving part was that I only lived 10 minutes away from the firehouse so it wouldn't be long until I was home and in bed.

As I drove I realized that the house that had caught fire today was on my way home and that I only lived a block away from it. I was curious to see how bad the damage was.

When I turned onto the road that the house fire had been on I began slowing my car. The damage was hard to make out in the dark and I sighed telling myself I'd just have to drive by in the daylight to see. As I went to pull away a flash of something orange laying in the front yard caught my attention. I pulled my car to a stop and parked thinking that the fire guys had left a piece of equipment and I would just grab it and take it back to the station later.

As I approached the "piece of equipment" I realized it wasn't equipment at all. It was a person.

"Holy shit that's a fucking person!" I said running over and rolling them to their side. I quickly checked for a pulse and breathing, both of which I found along with the pungent smell of vomit and alcohol.  I grabbed my phone, fumbling to turn on the flashlight. Once I had gotten the flashlight on I checked the person's body for any injuries. Finding none I turned the light to their face and as the light hit their closed eyes they flinched and reached to cover their eyes. It was then that I truly look at the person and figured out who it was.

"OH my God, Noah!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 479 42
What Vivian never considered, was maybe it was her fault? All the things she's been through, may just as well have been to her own doing. Vivian and...
181K 4.3K 28
What do you get when you take two former best friends, throw in a few years of silence and misunderstanding, and then force them to work as partners...
186K 11.7K 50
Oddball Mabel has always been quirky. Maybe it's due to the fact that she was homeschooled or perhaps it was because of her parents who sheltered her...
958 19 17
Leo is getting ready for his 20th birthday but tragedy struck his house got caught in flames but luckily there's a sexy firefighter who saves his lif...