In Search Of Hope

By Neverland_Tinker

Eco Snow or Snow is on a mission to get to know everyone at the Children's Hospital. Everything changes when... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 2

57 14 28
By Neverland_Tinker

P. O. V Snow

I stared at the door in front of me thinking about all the possibilities that could happen.

They wouldn't like me.

Nobody would talk to me.

I would trip and fall over someone.

I shuck my head to get ride of the thoughts that were running through my head.

"Are you gonna go in or are you gonna keep staring at the door like it's about to kill you?" Asked an irritated and husky voice.

I turned around to see who that voice belonged to and came face to chest with him I was left quite shocked.

He was wearing black boots, jeans a dark blue shirt that fitted him nicely on top he had a jacket that showed he was muscular but not to much and he was tall. She kept on looking at him. When she reached his face I small gasp escaped her he had jet black hair and piercing blue eyes. He also had a lip piercing and an eyebrow piercing!

He was hot. All he needed was a tattoo and he would be the epitome of bad boy. If he didn't had one already she tried to see if she could find any.

But a irritated groan stopped her.

Oh God I'm gonna die.

I immediately blushed.

"Hey next time be a little bit more subtible or don't do it at all" he snapped at me and opened the door and got in.

I was left standing there shocked, crab cakes he caught me staring at him. He didn't need to be an ass about it some guys like to be checked out.

I guess he is different or was on his man period.

Yeah I'm gonna go with that.

I shucked my head again I seem to be doing that a lot lately and opened the door. Finally, stepped in.

The smell of disinfectant and other cleaning products invaded my nose when I walked in. I visibly shivered from the cold air I titened my thin sweater around me now that I think about it wasn't such a good idea to wear it.

I slowly walked up to the counter were the receptionist was at. I looked around to see if he was somewhere around here I don't want to bump into crabby pants again, I didn't see him, good. I told the receptionist.

"Hello my name is Snow and I'm here for the 9:30 a.m. entertainment show for the kids"

I told the lady at the counter while I put my painting kit on the floor.

She looked it up at her computer. "Ah yes I have you here appointment at 9:30 a.m. for Echo Snow, lovely name"

"Thank you" It's not the first time someone compliments my name. My parents were fans of the sound yeah weird I know my brothers name is Offie don't ask me why cause it's still a mystery to me and well we come from a unique name family except for Dad he's name is Nicolas the only sane name. Thank God grandma and grandpa weren't nuts and named him after characters or sounds. Now that I think about I think he was named after Nicholas Sparks but without the h in it.

While I was thinking about that I didn't see someone come up to the counter.

"Hey Snow you're already here there's still 15 minutes until the show so why don't you come with me?"

I jumped a little startled when I looked to see who had told me that. I was pleased to know that it was Nurse Joy. She is a tall lady with white skin, green eyes and pink hair. Yeah the irony.

"Oh hey Nurse Joy, Picachu and Ash haven't come yet?" I asked her humorously.

She laughed. "Oh Snow that never gets old considering the amount of times I heard it from different people. The kids are gonna love ya with that humor of yours"

Yeah well will see.

While our humorous banter we didn't notice that the nurse behind the counter was starting at us with questioning eyes towards Nurse Joy.

"Oh you two know each other?" She asked.

No shit Sherlock I'm just talking freely to this stranger.

"Ah yes Nurse Nancy this is Snow and only call her Snow" Said Joy, yeah I like my first name but I just don't like people using it.

"Wait Nurse Nancy? Where's---" and I couldn't finish the sentence cause Joy cut me of.

"Don't finish that sentence Snow" she warned but you could hear the humor behind her warning.

I put my hands up in mock surrender.

"Okey okey I wasn't gonna say anything" I told her.

"Okay so why do you know each other?" Asked Nurse Nancy.

Well know I can see that she is the type of Nurse that likes to know everything about anyone probably gossip too. Eh I can't say I don't really know her.

Nurse Joy asked me with a questioning gaze if she could tell since it isn't her place to tell. But I just shrugged everyone on the staff is gonna find out sooner or later.

She leaned on the counter and whispered to her. Nurse Nancy's eyes widened and there was shock then pity.

"Oh" was all she could say while she kept looking at me with pity. I sigh escaped my lips I hate pity but I gotta get used to it I'm gonna be receiving it a lot later on I just wish that didn't come.

"Yeah well, there's know about 5 minutes so you can set everything up" Said Joy while looking at her watch.

"Okay lead the way" I told her while picking up my kit.

On my way there I passed a glass door where I could see my reflection a girl with brown long and wavy hair and piercing gray eyes with flecks of blue stared back at me I wore a long sleeve sweater that said Brooklyn, a scarf, long brown jeans and my black All Stars Converse with my brown book bag that had my painting kit.

"Snow the room is through this door" said Joy while holding the door open for me.

I released a shaky breath and nodded my head. "Okay I'm ready"

Joy grabbed my shoulder and squeezed it in a comforting way. "You'll do okay sweetie just believe"

I smiled at her. "Thanks" and entered the room.

Well it ain't white Thank God. The whole room is of a mural of the under the sea it has fishes of different colors it's very pretty who ever made this it brought light to the room.

All the kids were there already, some connected to wires others in wheelchairs. God there so young to be fighting for there lives.

But what got to me was that they all had a smile on their face. They are warriors they'll fight to the finish to kick cancers butt. I think they are to admire all that they are going through and they still manage to smile like cancer can't slowly kill them. But that's the thing a true warrior never goes to war without his armor. They have an armor, love from their parents that are clinging that they can live, survive and beats this. They are truly wonderful kids.

I smiled at them as a continued my journey up front. They all smiled back with warm faces even some of the parents but you could see the worry and tired lines in the parents faces but they didn't let that show.

I set my kit up front, I was finishing putting the last of paint, brushes and glitter up front. When a little voice asked me.

"Are you gonna paint our faces?" Asked a little girl that was in a wheelchair.

I nodded. "Yes sweetie I'm here to paint anything you want"

At hearing this all the kids beamed at me and they smiled even more.

"Okay kiddos my name is Snow and as you all know I'm here to paint those adorable faces of yours"

Some of them blushed.

"Aww I wanna pinch you're cheeks you're so cute!" I said.

"So how are we gonna do this" asked a kid from the back.

"Well I don't wanna bore you guys by waiting so why don't we make this a little bit more fun and you paint you're friends face!" I beamed at them.

They all cheered. "Okay well come up here and grab what you need there's plenty for everybody, but be careful"

"But before that I'm gonna tell you all a little joke" "Okay so why did the cow say moo?"

"Why?" They all asked.

"Because it wanted to hear mu-sic" "Haha you get that they it say moo and music"

I told them and they were all looking at me with are you kidding me faces.

"Yeah I know I'm horrible at this my mother said I should have never gone to the circus" They laughed at that.

"Okay know let's paint!" They grabbed what they needed and started painting.

One hour and a lot of colorful faces later we were done.

I was finishing packing my stuff when Nurse Joy came up to me.

"Hey you did grate so are you leaving now?" She asked me but you could see that there was something that else she wanted to ask.

"Well depending what's the matter?" I asked her fixing the buckles on my bag.

"Well one of the kids couldn't make it she's in her room all tired and she doesn't want to go anywhere she needs a little cheering up I was wondering if--" I didn't let her finish.

"It's okay all go gladly" She smiled at me.

"Thanks Snow"

"No problem what room is she at?" I asked her.

"Oh 7th floor room 3B"

Hmm 7th floor they have the kids situated by how old they are Infants to 7 year olds covered the 1st to 4th floor. 7 to 12 year olds covered the 5th to 8th floor. 13 to 17 year olds covered the 9th to 12th floor.

So considering that she's in the 7th floor she must be 10 or 11. I walked up to the elevator and pushed the button when I reached the floor I looked for room 3B.

When I got there I knocked on the door. "Can I come in?" I asked.

"Yeah" Called out a voice. I opened the door and there in front of me was a girl sitting on her bed. She had porcelian white skin and blue eyes that were strangley familiar, her head like most of the kids here was shaved but she was still beautifull. I could see that by her eyebrows she had brown reddish hair.

"Hello my name is Snow and a little birdy told me you couldn't make it to my show" I told her while I sat down in a chair that was next to the bed.

She timidly nodded her head. "My name is Winter and I'm 10 years old. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to you're show."

"It's okay Winter. Well I'm 16 and I came here to paint you're face"

"Really?" She asked skecptically, well considering the way I put it.

"Yep know what would you like me to do?"

"Uh a Butterfly!" She said excitedly her whole face perking up and she smiled.

"Let's get started"

When I finished I was about to ask her if she liked it when a familiar voice stopped me.

"What the hell are you doing here" His voice boomed through the room he sounded angry and irratated.

"Shit" I said under my breath.

Shit indeed.

----------------------------

Yay! Chapter 2! It's a long one. Well tell me what you guys think!

Vote & Comment

In the Power of Pixie Dust
-A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 2.6K 30
Denique is an innocent virgin girl who met the young don and fell inlove. Read to find out moreπŸ“š
296K 7.4K 106
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
572K 2.2K 62
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
56.2K 2.5K 36
α΄…Ιͺᴠᴇʀɒᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› ᴏʀ α΄…α΄‡α΄ α΄‡ΚŸα΄α΄˜ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› α΄…ΙͺʀᴇᴄᴛΙͺᴏɴꜱ.