SCREAM [BTS FANFIC]

By Cuddlemeyoongi

*THIS STORY IS NOTHING LIKE THE MOVIE* a group of friends hides a dark secret and now there's a psychopath ou... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21 Finale

20

267 17 22
By Cuddlemeyoongi

Loud music blares in Kristen's room as she's sitting at her desk in front of her computer, printing out pictures from the Halloween party, remembering her late friend Anastasia. Grabbing a photo out the printer, she stands up out her chair and staples the memory to her bulletin board with the others.

Her mother knocks on the door and then lets herself in. "Hey, Ana's mom is donating some of her things. She wanted to know if you wanted to come by and grab whatever you like."

"I'll stop by tomorrow," Kristen sits back down at her desk.

Her mom mumbles a small "okay" then steps back out and closes the door. Scrolling through more picture albums from halloween night while sipping on a Red Bull, Kristen zooms in on a particular photo that was taken of the whole group when someone standing further away in the background attracts her attention.

Kristen spits out her drink seeing a familiar face in between the mobs of teenagers Halloween night at the wild house party. The way the picture was taken kinda blurs the girl's face a little bit but Kristen is able to point the girl out in the crowd.

"Holy, shit," Grabbing her phone, first she dials Mia.

The best friend answers on the third ring. "Hello?"

"Hey, where are are you?" Shrugging on her black leather jacket, Kristen then sits at the foot of her bed, sliding her feet in her black boots while the phone is between her left ear and shoulder.

Mia drives with one hand on the steering wheel. "I'm on my way home. Why? What's going on?"

"I was printing pictures from that Halloween party and saw something. Brittany is alive. She was there that night and probably killed Ana."Kristen exits the apartment and walks down the hall, stopping in front of the elevator.

Mia gasps on the phone. "Oh my God. It all makes sense. Before Ana died she said it was 'her.' She was talking about Brittany."

"I'm coming over to your place," Kristen repeatedly press the down button, eagerly waiting for the elevator.

"Okay, can you call Gwen? I can't get a hold of her. For some reason my calls are going to voicemail," Mia panics.

"Okay, I will try." The call disconnects and the elevator doors open. Kristen quickly sends a text to Gwen then steps in the elevator. Taking the elevator down, it finally stops on the lobby floor and as soon as the doors open she's met with Kara standing in the hall.

Kristen sighs deeply. "I have somewhere to be. We can talk later,"

Kara looks at her with such guilt as she steps inside the elevator muttering "I'm sorry," earning a confused look from Kristen as she pulls a knife from behind her back then jabs it in the left side of her stomach, making her gasps in agony, dropping her phone to the floor with wide eyes while backing her up against the wall as the doors shut.

Blood drips from Kristen's mouth and her wound, spilling on the floor as Kara slowly slides out the hunting knife, staring deeply into her lover's painful eyes. "I love you," she whispers in her left ear then pushes a button to open the doors and quickly walks away. In excruciating pain, Kristen is unable to think straight as she slides down to her bottom in her own blood, reaching for her phone as her heart accelerates in her chest, a hand over her wound. A neighbor enters the building on the phone, screaming at the horrific scene in front of her. She dials for help immediately after witnessing the teenager is still breathing but barely.

-
-

Mia stands in the kitchen reading a text while Taehyung is sitting in the living room flipping through channels on the tv. Loud knocks on the door, startles them both.

"Who could that be?" Taehyung asks, walking out the living room to open the door.

Liam is standing on the porch with a curious expression on his face as he asks "Hey, are you guys okay?" He comes inside the house and shuts the door behind him.

Frowning, Taehyung puts both hands on his hips. "Yeah, we're okay. What's wrong?"

Liam paces inside the living room, a terrified expression on his face while he catches his breath, knowing what he's about to say "I was with Clementine. She's awake. You guys won't believe what she told me,"

Mia comes out the kitchen holding two coffee mugs, staring at Liam curiously handing him a cup. "What did she say?"

"Clementine confirmed who the killer is. She said it's Brittany. The day during the lockdown at school she was able to pull the mask off while being stabbed," Liam explains to them.

Mia sits down on the sofa the same time as Taehyung. "Yeah, Kristen called me and told me Brittany is alive,"

"We have to tell the others. I can't get in touch with anybody. Were you able to?" Liam sips the cold beverage then sits down on the other sofa. 

Taehyung sips his drink and then puts it down on the coffee table, shaking his head. "We tried calling everyone but no one answered,"

"I can't get through to Gwen or Kris," Mia says worriedly, hanging up after dialing her friends again.

"Guys what should we do?" Taehyung asks them both.

Mia stands up off the sofa. "You two stay here. I will get down to the bottom of this,"

"There's no way you're going alone," Taehyung says.

"I will be fine," She assures, giving them both a sad look, knowing what she's about to do is crazy but it's for their own safety.

Liam opens his mouth to speak but his vision blurs and his body feels numb all of a sudden. "W-What did you put in that drink?" Taehyung wonders the exact same thing because he too feels off after sipping the cold beverage Mia had given him moments ago.

"Some medicine that will knock you both out for a while," Mia confirms with a sigh.

Taehyung slumps down across the sofa while Liam drops sideways to the floor, both instantly falling asleep.

Quickly, Mia tucks the small knife she took from the kitchen inside one of her dark brown boots then exits the house, checking the address the killer has sent her through Jungkook's phone right along with a picture message of her kidnapped friends. Ghost Face told her to come alone or her friends will die so she came up with the plan of drugging Liam and Taehyung knowing they would want to tag along but what's bothering her the most is how she can't get in touch with Kristen. Her gut is telling her something isn't right but it's too late to turn around now.

Pulling up in front of the yellow rundown house, Mia climbs out the car and glances at the black Mercedes Benz that's parked along the street then jogs towards the front lawn, stopping when her phone chimes in her back pocket.

"Hello?" She answers the unknown number, trudging through the front yard.

"I see you've made it. You follow directions very well, indeed. I'm impressed, Mia." Ghost Face talks in a monotone voice.

Looking around with the phone against her right ear, Mia keeps herself under control even though she's terrified that it's either too late, and everyone is dead or this is a trap and the killer is gonna take her life. "Okay, I'm here like you asked. No more games. Come out and show yourself!"

The phone line is silence for a mere second then the killer says bluntly "my pleasure," Spinning around, Mia screams when the car door pushes open and Ghost Face quickly climbs out the Mercedes Benz then charges right at her, knocking the wind out of her chest, tackling her to the ground like a football player. The back of her head hits against the ground, making her wince in pain as her vision doubles, her eyesight blurry while Ghost Face sits on top of her, rubbing the knife down the left side of her face.

"I know who you are," Mia whimpers, glaring directly into the dark holes that's representing the eyes of the white mask then slowly reaches a hand up, grasps it and slowly pulls it off.

Mia's eyes widen in confusion as she sits up on her elbows, staring shockingly at the red haired girl in front of her. "Kara?"

"Why are you so surprised? You were right all along. It sucked that Kris didn't believe you the first time when you and Clementine had told her," Kara scoffs, grinning wickedly. Mia moves a hand around in the grass, trying to grab anything useful for a weapon while Kara talks.

"Kristen told me what you guys did! What? You thought I was just gonna sit around and watch all get away? You all deserves to be punished for what you did to my cousin!"  Raising the knife above her head, she laughs evilly with a sinister look in her eyes and then brings the weapon down towards Mia's chest but Mia is quick to react by picking up a brick and hitting her against the side of the head with it. Yelping in pain, Kara falls over in the uneven grass unconscious with blood spilling from the right side of her forehead.

Mia rolls over on her stomach and stands up, looking down at Kara, making sure she's actually knocked out then she runs inside the house, stopping on the porch step when she's stabbed in the stomach with the hunting knife. Another Ghost Face had slid from around the corner and stabbed her before she could walk through the door. With wide eyes and blood leaking from her wound as the person behind the costume holds tightly onto the knife while pushing it in further, Mia watches the other person remove the mask.

A pair of familiar green eyes glares back at Mia. "Hello, little sister," Brittany smirks, roughly pulling the knife out, making Mia fall to her knees, groaning in agony as the blood spreads on her damp hoodie.

Sliding off the costume, Brittany tosses it to the floor and then kneels down beside her sister, saying in her left ear "I'm so excited you decided to join us, Bailey," laughing hysterically she stands up and then grabs Mia by the back of her hair, yanking her towards the living room where everyone else is waiting.

"Mia!" Jungkook screams out her name, wiggling in his chair trying to break free so he can rescue her but the tape around his arms and ankles aren't coming off. "Let her go, Brittany!"

Gwen cries out for Mia as well but is even more shocked seeing that Brittany is alive indeed. "How the fuck are you alive?"

Scoffing, Brittany pushes Mia on the floor in the middle of the small circle of the kidnapped people. "I was actually dead for three minutes but I was rescued, was sent to an hospital which I had to get surgery, woke up from a coma two months later, had to attend physical rehab then learned how to walk again six months later and now a year later, here I am, finer than wine."

"You psycho," Cameron mutters angrily.

Brittany chuckles in disbelief at his comment then says "If the people you trusted the most left you for dead in the middle of the road, you'll turn into a psycho too," she then stands behind Gwen's brother, pulls on his hair, yanking his head back."You see, Stephen here, ran me over with his jeep and then his sister thought it was a great idea to leave me dead like a fucking deer in the road just to save her own ass!"

"We thought you were dead! We didn't know what else to do, Brittany!" Gwen cries, seeing her holding the knife across her brother's throat.

Brittany rolls her eyes and says pathetically. "I can't believe I thought you were my friend, when you were never there for me, ever.  Like that one time I told you Stephen took advantage of me at your party and you covered for him!"

"He didn't mean it! He was drunk!" Gwen's tears are dripping down her face as everyone around the room stares at them in shock. Stephen gulps, lips pressing tightly together in a thin line as blood from the knife smears along his skin.

"It doesn't matter!" Brittany yells, pointing the bloody knife at Gwen. "You told me to stay silent after I was raped so you could save your own brother's ass! But guess what? After tonight, he won't be able to hurt anyone else,"

Gwen screams as Brittany slides the knife across his throat, slicing his skin, opening a big deep cut as dark red liquid squirts out from the inside of his body, splashing on his sister's face while he squirms in the chair, choking with wide eyes, mouth agape from being in shock and his DNA gliding down his shirt.

Jungkook squeezes his eyes shut and Cameron turns his head while Helen whimpers. Stephen looks at Gwen for the last time then drops his head forward, eyes staring deadly at the floor as a puddle of blood surrounds his feet.

"I've always wanted to do that," Brittany stares at his limp body with an emotionless expression on her face as she wipes his blood off the knife with her sleeve.

"I'm gonna kill you bitch!" Gwen yells from the top of her lungs, wiggling aggressively in the chair while Brittany giggles with blood splattered across her face, long dark hair down her back, looking psychotic, straight out of a horror movie.

Cameron asks curiously "Wait hold on a minute, if they're the ones who had hurt you, then what do you want with me? I had nothing to do with it,"

"Oh, my plan is to kill everyone and then put the blame on you of course. Besides, you're on the wanted listed. The world thinks you're a killer so why not put the whole thing on you," Brittany shrugs nonchalantly, laughing at him mockingly.

"You're not gonna get away with this," Cameron says angrily.

"Oh but I am. Just watch me,"

Mia slowly lifts up on her elbows and looks up at Helen who's looking down at her with sympathy. "Mom?" Mia whimpers, reaching one hand out for her.

"She is not your mother." Brittany then turns her back for a minute to grab a pistol off the coffee table. Mia slides the pocket knife from her boot and then begin cutting the tape from around Helen's legs first. Before her sister turns around, Mia reaches up and hides the small weapon underneath Helen's right leg.

"That woman is a liar. She took us from our real mother and had split us up. Gave you the perfect life while Beck and I got tossed away like nothing. What kind of 'mother' does that to children, huh?" Brittany seethes, pointing the gun against the side of Helen's face, not noticing her legs and one of her arms are loose.

Helen speaks calmly, heart pounding as a split image of seeing Sherry's behavior inside of Brittany flashes in her mind. It's like deja vu all over again. "Your mother was mentally ill. She tried to drown you and Beck when you both were babies. I had to take you guys away,"

"Liar!" Brittany growls through her teeth, kneeling in front of Helen. "You were upset because she got pregnant by your then boyfriend Kevin. Twice. That angered you so much that you lied to the police, making up a story that she tried to poison you and the children."

Weakly, Mia bites her in the left leg and Brittany groans, punching her in the face, knocking her completely out.

Jungkook screams for her again. "Mia! Get up, baby come on!"

Brittany stands up and begins stomping angrily. "Her name is Bailey Miller! This woman," she points the gun towards Helen. "Ruined our lives over a man that didn't want her!"

Gwen looks over at Helen who's staring at the floor. "Is that true?"

Closing her eyes, sighing deeply, Helen tells the full story. "Sherry was only fifteen when she told me she was in love with Kevin who had just turned thirty, yes I was hurt and very upset. I kicked him out and she didn't like that. I told her I felt betrayed because I welcomed her in my home with open arms and she did the unthinkable. She couldn't have him so she didn't want her own twins. Tried to kill them both in the bathtub but I took them away from her and kicked her out. A year later, I get a phone call from the hospital that she had given birth to a baby girl name Bailey Miller. Had left her there too so I went to get her. Another year goes by and she would come to my house once every blue moon, but one night she was high as a kite on heroin. She told me she was homeless and needed a place to stay but I couldn't let her in because she was a threat to the children. She attacked me with a knife and I called the police, made up a lie that she tried to kill us all with rat poison. I just wanted to protect the children that's all. When the police arrived they shot her and arrested her, took her far away. More years passed, children were adopted, including Beck and Brittany. Bailey was the youngest and only child left so I brought her with me, moved back in with my ex husband and two kids,"

Mia slowly lifts her head up after listening to every word Helen had said, tears streams down her cheeks as she gives her a sad look.

Brittany sighs deeply "It sucks what happened to your husband," then smiles evilly, still pointing the gun at Helen. "But damn it sure was fun burning him alive! Do me a favor, tell him I said hi," she pulls the trigger the exact same time Mia stands up and tackles her to the floor, making the bullet miss Helen who had fallen sideways out the chair but hits Jungkook right in the chest on the left side near his heart.

Jungkook's body flies backwards in the chair, he lands on the floor with blood spreading from the bullet hole in his chest and shirt.

"Nooo!" Mia screams, crying while glancing at Jungkook, not realizing her sister coming at her with the gun. After cutting the rest of the tape, Helen stabs Brittany in the right arm, making her drop the gun to the floor.

Growling through her teeth, Brittany pushes Helen against the wall, kneeing her in the stomach while pulling on the back of her hair. "You bitch!"

The small knife drops from Helen's grasps and slides across the floor in front of Gwen's feet. She looks down at it with wide eyes as Mia crawls to her and picks it up, cutting off all the tape from her arms and legs. Mia then does the same to Cameron, setting him free.

"Is Jungkook alive?" Cameron asks, seeing Mia crawl towards him, putting two fingers against his neck.

Mia nods in confirmation. "But he's losing a lot of blood," she then slides her phone out her pocket. The screen is cracked but it still works. "Get Jungkook out of here and call the police,"

"What about you?" Gwen asks, taking the phone while Cameron stands up and carefully pulls Jungkook out the living room.

Mia looks back over a shoulder seeing Helen and Brittany fighting, bumping into the walls and furniture, clumsily knocking things over including a lit candle off the table. "I have unfinished business to handle," the fire spreads quickly all over the curtains.

"The place is going to burn down. We need to get the hell out of here!" Gwen grasps her best friend by the arm, pulling her up to stand.

Mia slides her car keys out her pocket and then pushes Gwen out the front door. "Get Jungkook to the hospital! I'll be right behind you!"

Stubbornly, Gwen shakes her head, crying thinking Mia might not make it. Wrapping her arms around her, Mia hugs her tightly and says sadly "Take care," then pushes her further away, shutting and locking the door.

"Come on!" Cameron tells Gwen as he's putting Jungkook in the back seat of Mia's car, hoping there's a hospital nearby. Gwen slowly backs up from the house, putting an arm in front of her face when the fire blows out one of the windows and then she runs to the car, starts it before speeding off down the street.

Back inside the house, Brittany pushes Helen over the sofa, making her roll over on the floor. Raising the knife, the psychopath is ready to stab her in the back but Mia grabs the gun and shoots her in the chest, making her leap backwards in thin air before landing on the ground on her backside.

"Mom," Thick clouds of smoke roams around in the air, making it very hard to breathe for Mia as she stumbles towards Helen in the heat, her body feels like it's roasting in the fire. She gently rolls Helen over on her back, earning a weak smile from her as she tucks some hair behind Mia's left ear.

"I love you, sweetheart."

"I love you too. Come on we have to get out of here," Mia says weakly in between coughs.

Helen shows her where she's been stabbed which is deeply in the chest near her heart. She's bleeding really badly, losing a lot of blood in fact.

"Get out of here, sweetheart. Tell my boys I love them," Helen then closes her eyes and stops breathing while Mia kneels beside her and sobs uncontrollably.

Coming from around the corner, Kara pops out and pushes Mia to the floor, both groaning in agony as the gun slides across the hallway while the living room is up in flames, wildly spreading throughout the lower level of the house.

Kara climbs on top of Mia, tightly grasping both her wrist, pinning them against the floor while glaring down at her saying "I always had a thing for you, Mia!"

Mia bites her on the right hand and Kara screams then doubles over when she also knees her in the stomach. Thinking quickly, Mia stands beside a table that has a flower vase on it. She picks it up saying "In your dreams" then drops it on Kara's face.

Kara screams to the top of her lungs as the vase falls on her face and then shatters into pieces, knocking her right out. The fire has now spread all over the ceiling, making the floorboards collapse all over Kara and Helen.

Seeming to be trapped inside, Mia backs up in the corner and sits down on her bottom, pressing a hand against her wound as memories of her old house being burned down roams her mind. Her lungs are on fire and her eyes burned from the heavy smoke but she can't seem to move while the house is coming down. Suddenly, a hand pulls her by the arm and slides her out the corner from the chaos.

"Mia, come on!" Kristen wraps her friend's left arm around her shoulder and helps her towards the exit as more of the house collapses but before they could escape Brittany stands up from underneath a broken piece of wood and charges towards them two holding up the knife as fresh bruises covers her face.

Quickly, Mia bends down and grabs the gun, aims it and then shoots her in the head. Brittany's body freezes as blood oozes out the hole in the middle of her head, then she slumps lifelessly to the floor, whole body burning in the fire. Dropping the gun to the floor, Mia and Kristen exits the house.

The sun is rising over the horizon as a fire truck, the ambulance and police cars swarms the front gate as the two girls walks through the front yard while the house burns down behind them.

"What happened to you?" Mia notices she's limping as well.

Kristen groans, lifting up her shirt to show Mia her bandage. "Kara stabbed me in the elevator. But I'm okay, the doctor stitched me up and gave me a lot of meds."

"How'd you know where I was?"

"You had your location on. I called and Gwen answered saying you were in danger so I left the hospital and came right over."

The paramedics helps them while the police officers asks questions and the firefighters spray the burning house with a water hose, letting the fire out.

Sheriff Hoseok comes over with a long look on his face. "What happened here?"

"Kara and Brittany were the killers," Kristen explains, smoking a cigarette.

"Oh, shit. So Brittany was alive this whole time?" Hoseok gasps, furrowing his brows.

Mia nods.

"No wonder her body was never found." He mutters to himself then groans seeing a mob of reporters arriving at the scene, rushing towards them.

Jin's pulls up on the side of the street hopping out of his news van with the cameraman behind him. "Can you tell us what happened here?" He holds the microphone in Mia's face while another journalist holds a voice recorder in Kristen's face.

More and more reporters are surrounding both girls as Mia tells her story with her best friend by her side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 67.7K 108
Hana is a cop and a very good one. But, she often gets teased because she is the only female in her squad. The other cops think that she can't do her...
2K 92 21
Bangtan. The most feared gang in South Korea has a huge secret. Their leaders' faces. No one in the underground has ever seen them. By day the leade...
36 10 10
WARNING: This story is not suitable for people who cannot handle GORE, BLOOD, VIOLENCE, and DEATH. Y/n and her seven friends(BTS) rent out an abando...
11.5K 1K 40
❪BTS - 방탄 소년단❫ ❝His dreams come true, so do his 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴.❞ •••• BTS FF A Horror + Mystery + Suspense (au) Highest Ranking: (yet to come)...