The Promises We Made || Boku...

By V01D_2

"๐‘ท๐’“๐’๐’Ž๐’Š๐’”๐’† ๐’Ž๐’†, ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’ ๐’˜๐’† ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’๐’˜ ๐’–๐’‘, ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’“๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’• ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’”๐’Š๐’…๐’† ๐’Ž๐’†." "๐‘ฐ ๐’‘๐’“๏ฟฝ... More

0 | Introductions
0.5 | Kenji
1 | Inseparable
2 | Fear
3 | Doubtful
4 | Rising Up
5 | He and I
5.5 | Aftermath
6 | New Beginnings
7 | START!
8 | Warmth
9 | Laughter
10 | First Day!
11 | Overpowered
EX CHAPTERS
EX Chapter 1 | Bad Moods
12 | Discovery PT. 1
EX Chapter 2 | Incorrect Quotes
13 | The Worst Case Scenario
14.5 | Stars and Freedom
15 | To Forgive is to Forget
16 | ...A Declaration?
17| Domination and Determination

14 | Breakthrough (Discovery Pt. Final)

218 11 0
By V01D_2

!!TW: Implied Suicide!!

KENJI'S POV

"Push me to my limit?"

"Of course! The only reason I joined this lame group was to find a way to get to you. The only Murata who our family's traditions haven't tainted." The villain spoke, approaching me with no malice nor hate inside him, he's genuine about it. "If you are part of my family, tell me your name!" I demanded, creating hate monsters around me, "Of course, how could I forget! My name is Goro Murata, nice to meet you, nephew." He greets me; again he has no ill intentions, which is the scary part to me, "N-nephew? But Hua is my only-" "Ah, Hua! My beloved younger sister! It's a shame really that she had to put me in Tartarus, but now I'm free! And my objective is, like I said, to push you to your limits." Goro stated as he got closer to me and I couldn't move, what's strange is my monsters aren't moving either. "Oi! Why aren't you guys doing anything!" I ordered my minions but they remained motionless. "Ah! You were trying to make them protect you? Cute, but unfortunately, using Hate against me is practically useless! I am the Murata of Hate after all." My opponent said as he snaps his fingers, and in that moment all of my monsters disappeared. "Once you've been forced to master an emotion, any Murata that wishes to use that emotion against the person who has mastered it will ultimately be rendered useless. For example, just now, you using Hate is effectively useless when using it against me." Goro stated, stopping in his tracks now that we were practically face-to-face.

I can't use Hate against him, I can't use Fear due to its instability in open areas and I haven't fully mastered it yet, so that leaves me with...

"All I need to do is bide for time," I said right at his face, "And you're just close enough too." I grinned as I accumulated a new emotion in the palm of my hand and blasted him away with it. "Know your damn place, vile villain," I demanded, my head tilting up as I looked down at him, "Pride, the emotion is mainly used for defense. You've got a good grip on it too huh Kenji?" The dust cloud settled and a ball of pitch black was visible, "I wasn't expecting you to use it, not only that, but that blast was stronger than normal too." Goro said, emerging out of the ball as it disintegrates.

Pride is definitely not meant for offense, I need to find a better answer to his hate or else I'll be overwhelmed fast. Hate is by far the most offensive negative emotion that I know of, and its defensive properties are also impressive; my most reliable tool has been stolen from me, so I have to get creative. I took a deep breath in as I recollect what my aunt told me four years ago...

"Listen well Kenji, each emotion has a special property and ability that you must know. Usually, our parents and heads of our family would reveal this to us for us to choose one emotion to master. But I won't be forcing you to master only one, I ask of you to try your best to learn each one and use them all."

I was never given the opportunity to use positive emotions, I was constantly surrounded by hate, fear, and envy that I couldn't manifest any positive emotions on my own; all this joy, love, and determination came from other people, I always wished that I could feel genuine happiness or some sort of genuine positivity. It was easy to fool people that I have some positivity in me by saying the right words and acting the right way, but deep down I've never felt genuine positivity in me. But that all changed when I entered U.A.

"Kirishima, Mina, Katsuki, Izuku, Iida, Uraraka... thank you for helping me," I said to myself as I start focusing on my quirk, "I haven't felt any love or happiness when I was in my middle school days, but you guys changed that. In just a span of a few days, you guys never felt any fear or hate toward me, just genuine joy and love. I hope to learn more of my quirk with you guys by my side."

"The only way to beat a strong and versatile emotion like Hate is with--"

"Love!" I exclaimed and a bright pink light wrapped around my hand as I felt my mood getting brighter and brighter. "Useless! A novice user like you is weak in front of a seasoned veteran like me!" Goro shouted as he waved his hand, tendrils of darkness charged at me at blinding speed. "I don't need to be better than you to know that I win!" I shouted back, grabbing a thin string of light from the ball that has accumulated in my hand, and pulling it back as if I was mimicking an archer pulling back the bowstring to shoot an arrow. "Because Love is the natural weakness of Hate!" I said shooting a single arrow of light splitting into more arrows as it gets closer to the tendrils and Goro. And just as expected the arrows cut through the tendrils easily, "You're well educated with the interactions of each emotion!" Goro said as he creates a wall of pure hate, the wall was thick enough for the arrows to be blocked effectively, but I just know that it took a lot of it to block my attack.

I can bide for time! But the light in my hand starts to fade away, but why? Did Hua miss something in her lectures? "Kenji, since you're my nephew, it is my job to guide you." A voice suddenly spoke behind me, and in an instant, I got pinned down to the ground with an arm pressing against the back of my neck. "Explosive positive emotions such as Love and Determination, aren't built to last long kiddo. So if you were wondering where did all that Love go, it simply faded. Positive emotions are generally short-lived, unlike negative emotions which are engineered in such a way by the human heart to last until their death bed." Goro lectures me as his grip on my right arm tightens.

Suddenly Hate started flooding my senses, and I felt a sudden jolt of pain in my arm. "If I have to push you to your limit, I have to force you to that point." He said as he breaks my arm, and I let out a blood-curdling scream. "I'm sorry if I have to do this to you, believe me, I know the pain you're going through right now," Goro said as I felt my senses be overwhelmed with Hate. "Trust me, once you've gone past the limits your father and aunt have instilled in you, you'll be so much more powerful! That day in your middle school was just but a glimpse of it, that overwhelming sadness that day, but today it won't be Sadness that will push you. It's Hate."

I can't feel my body, my mind is clouded, and my vision is getting blurry while my ears start ringing. But I can't lose right now, even if I'm brimming with Hate, I have to keep hold of the light in me! "You're...wrong uncle..." I said with what little strength I have left, "Positive emotions last just as long as negative ones, as long as they're genuine." I said with a weak half-smile as I accumulated Love into the palm of my left hand, "So get off of me!" I demanded as I shoot him back with all the Love I have left, hoping for him to stay down.

"Impressive, truly impressive! But I'm afraid it won't be that easy." My eyes widened as Fear starts to consume what little Love I have left, "But if only that was as powerful as the arrows you shot earlier, I would've stayed down for good." Goro said "You praise positive emotions as if they last just as long as negative ones, but have you ever experienced that yourself? Even after all this time, you're still filled with hate, fear, and sadness. I don't even sense a shred of positivity in you! I pity you Kenji, you're just half of a human in the end. Nothing but darkness inside your heart, your so-called 'love' probably is just something taken from someone else." He started taunting me as I start choking from the overwhelming aura of his Hate. "You're trapped in that darkness, Kenji, you continue to fight it throughout your life but every time you do so you only sink further into it. So for once in your life, instead of fighting it, let it wash over you; consume you, break down those walls, and let it all out." He whispered into my ear before I felt him jump away from my back.

"Kenji!!" I hear a familiar voice yell my name. I turned my head and I couldn't help but smile, "A-auntie H-hua!" I called out and my auntie knelt by my side and crushed me in a tight hug. "When I saw your SOS I thought you were joking! But when I saw your bio readings I knew you weren't joking! And look what my ignorance has done to you! You're barely alive with a broken arm too!" Hua cried as she hugged me tighter. "Hua, please let go of him if you want me to bandage him up." Another familiar voice spoke, "Hello Auntie Hikari." I greeted and she nodded in acknowledgment. "You're right! You take care of him, I'll handle the villain!" Hua said before handing my limp body to her partner. "You did good kid, the villains are starting to retreat now that All Might and the rest of the teachers are here. You really held out." Hikari said as she had her drones patch me up.

So we did win... but why does it feel so unfulfilling?

GORO's POV

"Tsk. Looks like backup arrived faster than I thought." I said to myself as I see a huge hole in the USJ dome, "Even the nomu got beaten hard." I remarked before a black swirl appeared beside me, "Goro, it's time to retreat!" Kurogiri, our warp out of here, spoke "Alright, looks like the show's over." I sighed before I dodged a flying kunai from behind. "Didn't I tell you these things are dangerous Hua?" I taunt the pro hero, "After what you did to Kenji? I think you deserved it." Hua replied with a scowl on her face. "I wish I could talk more, but it's time for me to go," I said as I stepped inside the warp.

"Hey! I'm not done with you!!" Hua yelled out and I looked behind her and see Kenji staring back at me. I smiled and shouted, "Kenji! Don't be afraid of your own power!" I yelled before completely being teleported to the League of Villains headquarters, where I get to see an injured Shigaraki. "Did you at least do your end of the deal?" The handyman asked and I chuckled, "The stage is set. It's only a matter of time."

KENJI's POV

Don't be afraid of my own powers...

No. Stop!

For once in your life, instead of fighting it, let it wash over you; consume you, break down those walls, and let it all out.

Please! Not now!!

Give in to the Hate. There's not even a shred of positivity in you to help you. There's no more love, no more Joy, only me. Your Hate.

With what little control of my body I have left, I created two hands of hate and grabbed Hikari and Hua, "Kenji!" "Hua! His charts!" Hua and Hikari said respectively, I showed them a weak smile before I spoke into my gauntlet.

"Please...stop me."

And everything was consumed by the darkness.

3rd PERSON POV

All the students and teachers gathered outside while paramedics checked every student for any injuries while the police asked for further information about the villain attack. Katsuki was restless during the entire process, he hasn't seen Kenji come out of the USJ ever since he got warped, and it didn't help that he couldn't find him while he was running around with Kirishima. "You think Kenji is alright?" Kirishima asked Katsuki and the blonde only replied with a growl, "He'll be fine Kirishima, Joy and Engineer are there inside to look for him." Izuku replied, relieving Kirishima's anxiety. But something was immediately wrong.

Hikari emerged from the doors panting and frantic, "Everyone! You are not permitted to enter the USJ until pro-hero Joy has allowed you to!" She yelled and the teachers walked up to her, asking what had happened, "Where's my son Hikari!?" Kyoujurou demanded and that's when Hikari had her drones create a holographic screen, showing what is happening in the USJ. "Is that Hua?" Kyoujurou asked as he squinted before noticing the humungous monster she is fighting, "And what's that?" Principal Nezu asked, "That is, unfortunately, Kenji Murata." She said and all the students rushed towards Hikari. "That's Murata?! What happened?!" Iida exclaimed, "We aren't sure but Kenji lost control over his quirk and Joy is doing what she can to calm him down." Hikari said, "From the looks of it, she's struggling. Do you need any assistance from us? He is our student." Principal Nezu spoke, "I wish you can but Kenji's quirk is too overpowering for all of you, the only person who I can think would be helpful would be Aizawa's Erasure quirk, but he's out of commission. All of you would only be in the way, only Joy's quirk can go toe-to-toe with Kenji's right now."

And just like that, all of the students felt their stomachs sink, they watched as Kenji overwhelm Hua as if she wasn't even the Top 2 Hero in Japan, but only two students looked unfazed. "She won't get far if she doesn't know how to deal with Kenji." Katsuki spoke out loud, gaining everyone's attention, "Excuse me? As if you have a better plan?" Hikari shouted at Katsuki, making him visibly more frustrated. "What Kacchan meant to say was, there's nothing stopping Kenji's rampage if pro-hero Joy is fighting him like this. Kacchan and I know a better way to handle it!" Izuku stepped in before the two starts duking it out. "Tch. I am not about to send two students to handle this!" "But we're not just some students you fucking extra!" Katsuki yelled at the hero.

"We're his best friends!"

Inside the USJ, Hua was visibly frustrated, she's not a good matchup against this monster. She can destroy it if it was only a hate monster but deep inside it's Kenji trapped in his own hate. She sends out bolts of Joy to hit the monster, but a single roar was able to nullify her attacks, she tried hitting it as hard as possible, but the monster's armor is impenetrable. Hua can't save her nephew. "Is this all of your hate? All of the hate that I had you bottled up?" Hua asked as the monster loomed over her, staring down at her with its eight eyes, "Did I do this to you Kenji?!" Hua yelled as she dodged another attack.

"It's all your fault! all your fault!!" A dozen of disembodied voices replied to Hua, creeping her out, "I only wanted to protect you! Kenji!" Hua yelled out but spikes started to pierce through the ground, making dodge again, "You made me afraid of my own power! My schoolmates feared me! Hated me! Do you know what it feels like to be cast away?!" The voices screamed as the monster slams its tail on Hua, this time she couldn't dodge. "Do you know what it feels like to be seen as a monster?!" The voices yelled out again before grabbing Hua's limp body while she struggles to break free from its grasp. "I have to live in fear of hurting people! I have to live in fear of losing myself! I have to live without feeling a single shred of love towards me!" The monster lets out another roar as it slams Hua down to the ground, "Everyone fears me! Everyone runs away from me! Even Mom and Dad are afraid of me! Tell me, Auntie! When will someone genuinely love me for me?!" The voice cried out as it slams Hua to the ground one final time.

"K-Kenji...I didn't mean for you...to live like this...I only wanted to..." "To what?! Teach me how to bottle up my emotions?! Treat me like a lab experiment with those pills?! Do you know how much pain I went through just to make myself weaker?!" The voices cut her off before grabbing Hua again, "I really hate you." Kenji's voice was heard crystal clear, and Hua's eyes widened as tears spilled before she was tossed away. "I hate everything! I hate this quirk! I hate this world! I hate it all!" The voices screamed as the monster roared once more.

"Hate everything? Even me you bastard?!" A voice yelled from behind the monster, making it look back and its eyes widened to see Katsuki and Izuku standing there. "This is what I get for putting up with your ass? Should've ditched you back then!" Katsuki taunted "Kacchan!!" Izuku cried as he watches the monster slowly approach them. "It's no use! There's no way of getting to him!" Hua yelled, warning the teenagers but Katsuki just flipped her off, "That's cuz you treated Kenji like he's a monster. Fucking hell, did none of what he said get into your thick head?!" Katsuki berated the hero. "Kenchan! Can you hear us?!" Izuku yelled and the monster approached the two students. "Why are you two here? Aren't you both afraid of me? Like the others? Don't you see me as a monster, now that I let it all out?" Kenji's voice asked and Katsuki scoffed and Izuku smiled.

"Remember that day when you had the same outburst?" Izuku asked and the monster just nodded, "Do you remember what we fucking told you when you tried jumping off the damn roof?" Katsuki asked, "yes...But I don't care about them anymore! It's everything else! I hate it, why do I have to go through so much pain and hate!? Don't they know that I'm human too? I can't even feel anything anymore because of them! I failed at being a human..." The voices spoke as the monster starts to let tears escape its eyes, "Every day I am reminded of how I can hurt people, how my quirk is dangerous to other people, how I have to suppress my emotions because it can hurt other people, but what about me?! When can I catch a break?! Because the moment I slip people see me as a monster!" Kenji's voice ranted out.

"But, do we see you as that Kenchan?" Izuku asked as he placed a hand on the monster's chest "Look deep into our hearts to see if we're lying." Izuku continued and Kenji didn't sense an ounce of deception. "No matter what you do, you're not gonna fucking get rid of us that quickly tall ass." Katsuki chuckled as he walked up to the monster, "You're not gonna get rid of me that easily." Katsuki whispered as he pressed his forehead against the monster. "So stop bottling up all those emotions, stop suppressing your voice and your heart," Izuku said, looking at Katsuki, "You're only hurting yourself more if you keep doing that, you're not a monster if you let out your emotions just this one time, because you fucking deserve it after what you went through." Katsuki said, "If you're afraid then that's okay, but we're with you every step of the way Kenchan! We'll help you feel yourself again!" Izuku cheered as he smiles.

"I want my old Kenji back! The Kenji who's always smiling, passionate, arrogant, and bubbly! But I also want the Kenji that cries, the Kenji that covers his ears when I'm too loud, the Kenji that hugs me every time he had a bad day, the Kenji that I can always depend on!" Katsuki stated as he digs his hand deeper into the monster's chest. "Why are both of you so stubborn?!" The monster cried out while Izuku does the same as Katsuki.

"Because we love you!!" They both said as they grabbed what they felt were arms, pulling Kenji out of the monster.

The monster slowly disintegrates while Katsuki and Izuku panted, their eyes just glued on the disappearing monster before soft sniffles caught their attention. "I...I'm sorry!" Kenji sobbed as he clung to Katsuki and Izuku, crying his heart out, "Let it all out Kenchan." "No one is gonna bother us, Kenji." Izuku and Katsuki said as they hugged their crying best friend. "Did it feel nice to let all that anger out for once?" Katsuki teased "Kacchan!!" Izuku exclaimed before Kenji chuckled, "Whoa! I thought you were crying!" Katsuki teased again and Kenji kept chuckling before hugging Katsuki, "Yeah. It felt good." Kenji said as he buries his face in the crook of Katsuki's neck, pulling Katsuki closer into his warm embrace. Katsuki was speechless but he responded by wrapping Kenji in his arms and legs and returned the embrace. "Good to know."

"If I didn't know any better, I would've thought these two were dating..." Izuku thought before noticing that Hikari and Kyoujurou had just arrived. "I'll check on Hua, you check on your son." Hikari said as she looked for her partner, while Kyoujurou knelt down to face Kenji, "Hey kiddo..." Kyoujurou said but Kenji only hid his face into Katsuki's neck, making the blonde's heart race faster.

"You and I should have a heart-to-heart later... okay?" Kyoujurou said and Kenji only mumbled in response. "Uncle maybe we should let Kenji relax a bit...Kacchan can take it from here, right?" Izuku asked, "Yeah yeah whatever, let me handle the crybaby." Katsuki said and Izuku escorted a confused Kyoujurou out of the scene.

"You wanna let go of me now?" Kenji asked and Katsuki gladly pushed Kenji away "Okay no need to push me away!!" Kenji huffed before being pulled up by Katsuki. The two shared a silent moment, their hands not letting go of each other while Kenji can sense Katsuki's emotional turmoil, making him smile a bit. "We've been through a lot huh... sorry about that." Kenji chuckled sheepishly and Katsuki just groaned, "As if I'll ever get tired of dragging your ass back to the real world." Katsuki replied, "Awww I love you too~" Kenji teased while Katsuki just looked away, a blush creeping on his face.

"Thanks again Suki...for everything..." Kenji said planting a small kiss on Katsuki's cheek "Thanks for keeping our promise from that day..." Kenji said as his hold on Katsuki's hand got tighter. "I honestly don't know what I would do if you weren't here." Kenji chuckled as he pressed his forehead on Katsuki's.

"Tch. Whatever you say. You owe me a proper talk later, got that?!"

"Yeah yeah... now carry me please, I can't feel my body..."

"Fuck off!! You can walk on your own!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 392 21
[COMPLETED] "ษดแด แดกแด€ส... สแดแดœ'ส€แด‡ า“ส€แดแด แด›สœแด‡ า“แดœแด›แดœส€แด‡?!" แด›สœษชษดษขs แด„สœแด€ษดษขแด‡ แด…ส€แด€แดแด€แด›ษชแด„แด€สŸสŸส า“แดส€ สŸษชา“แด‡สŸแดษดษข ส™ษชแด›แด›แด‡ส€ ส€ษชแด แด€สŸs, แด‹แด€แด›sแดœแด‹ษช ส™แด€แด‹แดœษขแด แด€ษดแด… ษชแดขแดœแด‹แดœ แดษชแด…แดส€ษชสแด€. แด›แดกแด แด‡xแด›ส€แด‡แด...
137K 6.3K 26
Bakugo made a promise with another boy when they were younger, but when the boy moves away he is heartbroken. He waits years until he meets that boy...
27.8K 1.3K 90
Hiraku Nakahara had made a lot of choices throughout her entire childhood. She had chosen to live happily despite her tragic past. She had chosen to...
37.2K 1.2K 20
hello everybody! This is a suicidal/depressed deku book with Dadmic! Will their bond grow? Will Mic fuck up? Will Izuku try to kill himself? Find out...