My Mafia King

By lunalovesreadingg

It's time for Athena Russo to get her revenge on the ones that have wronged her. People will try to stop her... More

INTRO
AESTHETICS
1 | Kill
2 | Coffee Shop
3 | Old Man
4 | Again
5 | The First Ball
6 | Phase One
7 | He Escaped
8 | I Was Her First Kiss
9 | Two Years Ago
10 | The Second Ball
11 | Liar
12 | Three Years Ago
13 | Bella
14 | The Third Ball
15 | Proud
16 | Killed Him
17 | Drunk
18 | The Voices
19 | Regret
20 | The Fourth Ball
21 | Ubel Kรถnig
22 | Power
23 | Gift
24 | Wasting My Time
25 | The Fifth Ball
26 | Mic Drop
27 | Pushing Him
28 | Secrets
29 | One Year Ago
30 | Future
32 | Family Dinner
33 | Being Okay
34 | Wedding Dress
35 | Left Behind
36 | Acting Weird
37 | Fixing Things
38 | Visit Me
39 | Wedding Day
40 | I Do
41 | Somehow It Worked
42 | Can't sleep?
43 | Care About Me
44 | Serious

31 | Planning

19.7K 775 649
By lunalovesreadingg

I'm taking a break for a few weeks, everything in my life is honestly so stressful and draining, and even when I lay in bed all day writing isn't something I do to pass the time. During this break, I'll be trying my best to write and try to get better at handling my grief and my life and then come back with loads of new chapters for you guys. I understand you may be upset with my decision but I need time to fix myself and get better.

I'll be back soon, hopefully, Speak now (Taylor's Version), and somehow getting tickets to the Eras tour will make me feel better! :)

ATHENA RUSSO:

As I walk into the room, the men bow their heads at me in respect. I keep my head held up high, Ivan walking behind me.

I promised my revenge and I'll get it.

The sounds of the doors shutting and locking, make me excited.

Now that I control the Russian mafia I can kill whoever I want. Every single one of my men who deserves to be dead is in this room.

I stand in front of all of them on the stage and Ivan brings one of them up onto the stage.

"Everyone of you who is sitting down in this room will die today," I announce, walking to the man who's been forced onto a chair. "You will sit and watch the others die until it is your turn," I explain, taking my gun out and turning the safety off.

They all stay silent, shocked.

The man on the chair shakes his head at me, "Please—"

Without hesitation, I point the gun at the man's head and pull the trigger.

"Next."

They take the dead man off the chair and replace him with another man.

I walk behind him and force him to look up at me, I give him a smile, "I'll make it quick," I whisper.

He closes his eyes as I pull my knife out. I slit his throat and let go of him, "Next."

This goes on for ten minutes and so far half the room is empty, the walls and floors and my clothes are stained red.

I shoot the man and blood splatters onto my cheek. I wipe the blood off of my face with my finger, and slowly I bring my finger up to my lips and suck it off.

"Next," I demand.

These men have accepted their fates, there is no escape. They all watch the others die, wishing it will be the next so they don't have life in fear anymore.

They want to die.

They bring another man onto the blood-stained chair, "Make it quick," he begs.

I smirk, "For you, I won't."

✮ ✮ ✮

Every man who worked for the Russian Mafia is dead and no one else outside of this mafia knows. I sit down at the end of the table, sighing.

I lost control. I couldn't contain my anger. Every person who looked my way, I shot them.

This is good. I did promise myself that I would kill them all one day. Although it was quite easy and boring.

I knew that was going to happen so I secretly have been rebuilding the Russian mafia for a few weeks now.

"I can't risk taking too much time with this," I say, leaning back in my chair.

Ivan nods, "Of course. But I would suggest checking the new recruits out for yourself when you have the time." Then Ivan leaves and I look around the empty dining room.

I've cut off all contact with people I've let get too close to me.

I need to focus.

I can't be distracted. I'm rebuilding a whole mafia. I've got a wedding soon. I still need to sort things out with my brothers and I have way too much paperwork.

My phone dings, and I check it. A message from Marcello. I couldn't cut him off. I still need to sort things out with my brothers.

I'm just too goddamn busy with destroying the sex trafficking deals Yavok made, getting new supplies, and planning new shipments.

I read his text.

I scoff.

They want me to come to a family dinner and talk about the contract. I don't have time for that.

Turning my phone off, I run a hand through my hair. I grab my bag and open it and take my grandfather's book about Yavok's secrets. I place it on the table and open it. I flip to a random page of the book and read it.

Yavok's other son isn't dead. He's been hidden since he was born. Yavok is embarrassed by him and decided to lie and say his youngest son is dead. He's embarrassed that his son isn't fully Russian and holds no resemblance to him.

I flip to the next page. That's it? There's nothing else written about the other son.

Great.

I spend an hour reading random parts of the book, trying to find something useful to me.

Yavok said he was helping me. That he was protecting me. He wouldn't say that for no reason.

My eyes stop when I see an unfamiliar name.

Ubel König.

The doors open and dinner is being served.

I thank the women who place my dinner in front of me and they smile in response and leave.

As I am just about to eat, Ivan literally runs into the room, panicking.

I abruptly stand up, "What is it?"

"Hades is here—"

I sit back down in my chair, I thought there was an emergency but no it's just Hades. "Tell him to come back another time, I'm trying to eat," I tell Ivan.

"I don't care, we need to discuss the wedding," Hades says, entering the room.

You've got to be kidding me.

I take a deep breath and lean back in my chair and narrow my eyes at him, "Sit down then."

I expect him to sit at the other end of the table but he takes the chair to my left and crosses his arms, huffing.

"When you are with me, you get rid of that attitude of yours," I snap.

He uncrosses his arms, his irritation is gone, takes a deep breath, and looks at me calmly.

"Good. Now you can sit there and wait for me to eat and then we can talk."

He nods, "Alright."

I begin to eat and read my grandfather's book at the same time.

"Flip the page for me."

He flips to the next page for me.

A few minutes later, he flips the page for me again when he can tell I'm done reading.

When I'm finished eating, I take the book into my hands and finish reading about this Ubel guy.

Once I'm done, I shut the book and put it away, and look at Hades.

"We need to plan our wedding," Hades says, once he knows he has my full attention

"You plan it, I don't have time to plan a wedding right now."

He sighs, "Athena, I'm not trying to marry a woman who isn't happy with the venue, the interior or the exterior, the guests, the music, her dress, her bridesmaids, her maid of honor, and whatever else a wedding has."

"Who's going to be your best man?" I ask, curious.

"My friend."

"You have a friend?"

"I have plenty of friends and I'm sure you do too."

"I don't."

"I'm going to ignore that. Now let's get started." Hades pulls out a notebook and a pen, "What do you want?"

What do I want?

I'm not sure.

I never dreamed of getting married. Never dreamed of my dream wedding. Never been to a wedding before.

"I would prefer the venue to be inside," I quietly say. He starts writing and I quickly stop him. "Wait. No. Outside. I want it to be outside."

"Alright. The theme?"

I glance at Ivan who's standing at the doorway, watching us, shocked.

I look back at Hades, trying to think. "Simple. I want the theme to be simple."

"You and I and this marriage are not simple, choose something else."

Thank god. I don't want it to be simple.

"Classy. Elegant."

He writes that down.

"I've already sorted the decorations and the reception," He informs me, glancing at me.

Thank goodness.

"How many guests?"

"I don't know a lot of people, Hades. You pick the guests," I mumble, getting tired.

"Hey, it's okay. Your family will be there. Mine too. And the other mafias too. Is that fine with you?"

I nod, "Yeah. I'm okay with that. But make sure my friends Artemis and Noah are there too. I want Artemis to be my maid of honor."

He quickly writes that down as well.

"I'll pick the music," he tells me.

I furrow my eyebrows, "What? No. I want to pick the music," I say, trying to take the notebook from him.

He shakes his head, hiding the notebook from me, "No. I want classical music."

"I want that too, you imbecile."

He grins at me before writing that down. "Can I pick the food and cake?" He asks me.

"Yeah just make sure there are snacks there, like a bunch for Ares. You know what, get a whole table of food dedicated to him."

He chuckles, "I will, I've seen him stealing food from others all the time."

I smile, "Yeah. He loves food."

"Now you need to pick your dress."

"Yes, I do."

"Well, you need to pick one soon."

I sigh, "I will."

"Bridesmaids?"

"None."

"Okay then."

I check the time. Shit, it's getting late.

"Can you just plan the rest?" I ask, annoyed.

He looks up from the notebook with a frown, "What if you don't like—"

"I already don't like getting married to you," I say, standing up. "Just no after-party. Goodnight, Hades."

I take the book and my bag and walk out of the dining room with Ivan following behind me.

I go up the stairs and to my room, I open my door and look over my shoulder, "Make sure Hades is out of this area within five minutes."

Ivan nods and goes back down the stairs.

I enter my room and shut the door behind me, and lock it.

Letting out a sigh of relief, I close my eyes. A cold breeze brushes against my cheek and arm, cooling me down. My eyes flutter open and look at the doors of my balcony which are open.

Then the box on my bed.

I walk to my bed and open the box, inside it is a note and a small box. I open the small box and inside is a ring.

I quickly read the note which was addressed to me.

I got you an engagement ring, wear it til the wedding.

I don't even need to guess who it's from but when did he do this? I just spoke to him.

I put the note and ring away and go onto my balcony. I see Hades walking toward his car, ignoring what Ivan is telling him.

"You have to tell her if she finds out she will be angry, Hades."

Hades halts, placing his hands in his pockets, "You care a lot about her, why?"

Ivan shrugs, "She's my boss."

Don't you dare say it, Ivan. My eyes glance to my door, I won't be able to make it downstairs in time.

Hades turns around with a weird look on his face, I'm not sure what it is but something tells me he's going to say something cocky.

"Glad to know that you know your boundaries—"

"I just work for her, that's all," Ivan calmly replies.

Hades steps closer to him.

What the fuck is he doing?

"Hades!" I shout, angrily.

They both look up at me, shocked, taking a step away from each other.

I point my finger at Ivan, "You get back inside now," then I point at Hades, "You go back home to your shitty dog."

Hades's eyes light up and he grins. "Do you like the ring?" He asks, acting innocent.

I grab my gun from my thigh holster and point it at him. "Go before I shoot you," I warn, narrowing my eyes at him, and turning the safety off.

Hades holds his hands up in surrender, his grin even bigger than before, "Of course, princess, see you on our wedding day."

I give Ivan a look and he immediately goes inside, I look back at Hades, "Don't ever go near Ivan again."

The disappointment on his face will forever amuse me.

I turn around and walk back into my room, shutting the doors of the balcony and walk back to my bed. I sit down on it and hold the ring and look at it.

It's nothing flashy and big and thank god for it isn't or else I wouldn't have even thought about wearing it.

I slowly slide it onto my ring finger and it fits perfectly. I stand up and go to my bathroom and look at myself in the mirror.

I don't normally wear jewelry, it just doesn't suit me, but for some reason, I feel comfortable wearing this ring.

Quickly, I go back to my balcony and Hades is gone. With a sigh, I take the ring off and place it on my nightstand.

I've changed my mind.

Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I text Marcello back, telling him I'll come to the family dinner.

I need to speak to Dante in person soon and this family dinner is the easiest way to do so.

I turn my phone off and glance at the box. I sit down on my bed and read the note over and over again.

His handwriting is beautiful.

A small faint smile forms, and I tilt my head. I won't wear his ring just because he told me to, who does he think I am?

Sighing, I put the note next to the ring and get ready for bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.8K 750 27
โ (๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ท.) ๐— ๐˜†๐˜€๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—˜๐—ป๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด; ๐—•๐—ฒ๐˜†๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด โž ๐—•๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ...
464 18 13
Meet Athena Alessandra Lopez, a resilient young woman kidnapped by her envious aunt and sold to a married couple, plunging her into a life of torment...
1.1M 34K 98
The Mafia Heirs #3 Athena was many things; gorgeous, a killer, an assassin, a psychopath but above all, a Romano. And that was her biggest secret. No...
743 61 11
Athena Rossi a 17 year old girl who has been abused and broken many times and in so many ways she never believed in love she only loved her brothe...