The Unlucky Brunette (WMMAP J...

By ThecuteEverly

Jeanette never had what she truly wanted. A family. Love, care and trust. A need to fit in...to find friends... More

Chapter 1: The unlucky brunette
Chapter 3: Recurring memories
Chapter 4: The moonlit balcony
Chapter 5: Setting out for a dreadful place
Chapter 6: Bloodlines
Chapter 7: The Vertium's
Chapter 8: Reaching the Obelian Empire
NOT A CHAPTER! Just a question for all of you!

Chapter 2: Ruthless Change

384 11 2
By ThecuteEverly

Author's note: Hii! This chapter I going to be a bit  longer than the last one! Not by too much. Since the last one was only a starter prologue kinda chapter. Hope your enjoying the story so far. This chapter includes the time skip and the Agriche's. Enjoy! <3
(But some of Brunette beauty first!)

The beauty of Jeanette Margarita <3 :

(This is actually the cover photo! It's super pretty so i thought it fit)

END~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 years later

How long had it been since that fateful day? 6 years now? Jeanette thought as she finished signing a pile of documents on her desk. Most of them were work related and some invitations for balls and preppy tea parties which Jeanette was forced to attend in the last few years. When she was a teen she didn't go to any other tea parties except Athanasia's but now she was one of the Queen's of the social circle in an Empire far away from Obelia. Jeanette sighed as she remembered previous events that led up to her being in this fancy room. She looked around, it was a dark and candle lit room. "Fitting for the Agriche's." She silently thought. The room was drained of all light or softness, the furniture, the walls, the ceiling, and even the people living in the manor were cold hearted. Well...except a few. She smirked.

What had lead to her living in the Agriche's manor?

Well...

Jeanette De Alger Obelia, that name was forgotten after her escape. People referred to her now as, "The plague", "The purge", "The Usurper" or "Death Angel". These nicknames were given to the now cold hearted brunette due to her monstrous strength. Jeanette had found out that she was extremely skilled at swordsmanship, probably due to her genetics and since she was made out of black magic, her magic skills were exceedingly powerful. She fought her way through many wars and battles but never had she gotten a single scar on her. This made no stain on her deceivingly beautiful and innocent looks. People referred to her beauty as a "Goddess" and now the "Goddess of the Agriche". The first few nicknames were due to her conquests and strength, everywhere she went people trembled at her feet. Her terror spread everywhere, like a deadly plague. People wanted to rid that horrifying terror from their lives. She was the usurper of darkness. She was an angelic grim reaper, having seen a lot of blood in her life and having shed a lot more. This seemed uncharacteristic for Jeanette but she had lost her way and path now. The one who helped her find it again was a navy haired boy named-

"Jeremy..." the brunette sighed. He was the only one who she was truly comfortable around. Ever since meeting him when she was 17 she didn't feel lost anymore. Meeting the Agriche's, she found out that she was a monster just like them. An outcast had no other place to go. Her usual cold and stormy eyes turned gentle...delicate and her sharp gaze was blunted. She smiled a lot around him, showing him how she used to behave when she was that naive, young girl. She thought she didn't like that innocent part of her but she couldn't get rid of it. Jeremy was someone she cherished. He took her to the Agriche's and here she was. They taught her everything she knew, swordsmanship, combat skills, political knowledge, economics, social understanding, magic, manipulation and so much more. She had especially learned a lot from Roxanne and Dion. Jeremy did not seem too happy about the latter. Whatever the case, Jeanette could not argue that she was stronger, stronger than ever before. Dion taught her a lot of swordsmanship skills and to not show mercy, along with many combat skills that she would be grateful for. Roxanne taught her about poison, seduction and manipulation, everything of the sort. They had gotten a lot closer. She was more than a best friend, like a sister. Well, she was her sister-in-law. Jeanette felt Roxanne was the most normal out of the Agriche's.

Jeanette didn't have anything against the Agriche's, just that they were a little too heartless. Besides, because of them she had finally discovered another presence inside of her, another monster...

One who had always been whispering inside her ear with a sickly sweet but low and raspy voice, "revenge..."
That's all it ever seemed to say, until a few years ago when she finally learned to control and talk to it. It was a Shinigami, a God of Death. Jeanette called it Shin. It was a deformed figure, anyone would wonder if it even had life inside it. Jeanette wasn't afraid, she had become quite good friends with the monster. It had helped her a lot too, seemed the monster knew everything. It could tell her everything, she called it "omniscient vision". It also was extremely strong, it lent her the power at all times. It was fun to talk to when alone but it desired one thing that even Jeanette did...deep down. Revenge.

She tried not to think about it for now, it would come up again later though. As to why the Agriche's had taken her in? She introduced herself as the royal blood of Obelia but since she was an outcast that wouldn't help much. It still interested the head of the family, Lant. That devious man had an amused smile on his face which Jeanette replied to with her own smirk. It seems Lant wanted her in the family for them to grow stronger, Jeanette was undeniably strong. He could see the blood thirst leaking out of her distinctive and special jewel eyes. He had an eye out for her in the first place, he thought she would fit perfectly as an Agriche. He knew she was a manipulator and least to say he favoured her for being similar to him. He would later set her up as Jeremy's fiancé since they were the same age. The sweet finish that made this deal pristinely work out was Dion's challenge to the brunette for a duel. A duel to the death. This was when the navy haired boy who had kept quiet through most of Jeanette and Lant's snide comments towards each other, lashed out.

Jeanette's POV
"This is certainly an interesting situation." I thought. I smirked. "Fine, I accept your duel. I was looking forward to something interesting after coming here anyway. Seems it was worthwhile, aren't you a swordsman? This'll be entertaining." I said. Everyone seemed to be surprised or interested in my acceptance without any hint of hesitation.

To everyone's utter shock and surprise, except Jeremy's, Dion was pinned to the ground in one swift attack. Completely overpowered. I was interested in Dion's strength so I let him live and offered him another duel when he gets stronger. The defeat of Dion left both a bitter taste in Lant's mouth and one seeking more power. The latter won in the end and now I'm engaged with an Agriche, Jeremy Agriche. Most people would consider the idea of wedding into the Agriche family completely horrifying and would be struck with utter denial towards it but when you're an outcast and the daughter of two monsters, you don't really have an objection nor a choice. I'll be wed to him in a year, when I turn 24. Before that, I want to deal with something in the Obelian Empire...which I need to speak about with the temperamental spirited boy. I have to say, he was easier to deal with and cuter when he was young.

I looked at myself in the vanity mirror close by. Long, brunette hair with stormy and piercing jewel eyes. They looked...different. They had lost their shine. "The naive shine." I muttered under my breath, trying to distract myself. A matured and cold face, none of the usual gentleness visible. Though, still an angelic and elegant look, for some reason...more alluring than I used to be. I look...beautiful? But different.

Narrator's POV
Despite the monstrous strength the girl possessed, she still had a delicate and petite looking figure with an hourglass shape and a voluptuous body. People often complimented her figure and beauty, she had learned to put on a fake smile to those remarks but she never payed much attention to them. Her hair framed her face perfectly and she looked alluring. Her hands weren't calloused, like how a swordswoman's should be and her skin was soft like silk, no sign of her being a fighter. She liked it this way, people were easier to manipulate. There were no signs of her being a combatant or the most powerful mage and swordswoman, but deep inside...she was much more. A ruthless killer was what usually came to mind. Well, what do you expect? She had fought countless brutal wars and violent battles, moreover she was now an Agriche. There was no more room for any more "ruthlessness". An Agriche was the end of the ladder and the lowest you could get. A closer look at her eyes could show that they looked tired and...lost. She knew why she was feeling this way. Today was the day Anastacius was executed. Knowing Obelia, they probably were having a celebration today but that wouldn't stop Jeanette from again realising the missing presence of her father. Even though he wasn't there for most of her life, she still wanted a father. Now however, those thoughts were pushed aside by her. The war hardened fighter left no place for emotions to interfere in her work.

She started sifting through the millions of invitations and documents sent to her due to her unimaginable popularity. It was exhausting keeping track of them all but it was necessary, Jeanette wanted to have as many options as she could for her future. She didn't know what she wanted to do in the future.

Jeanette's POV
The door suddenly slammed open, snapping me out of my thoughts. I could guess who it was without even sparing a glance towards the door. Only he would roughly slam the door open like that, harsh but gentle...like his personality. We knew each other from when we were 17, we didn't need to ask permission to enter each other's rooms anymore. Unbeknownst to me a sweet smile crept up on my face while I shifted my gaze towards him.

"Couldn't have been a little gentler, could you Jeremy?" I chuckled genuinely while resting the side of my face onto my palm staring at him.

Narrator-
His breath slightly hitched. The navy haired boy had a soft spot for the brunette in front of him. Her laugh made him flustered no matter how many times he heard it. It was too angelic, deceivingly angelic...and that's why he loved it.

The brunette broke into another series of snickers, "Flustered by just seeing me laugh?" Jeanette asked still looking sarcastically at the navy haired Agriche. He proceeded to flush a bright red before arguing back with her.

She waved her hand around as if in dismissal of the situation and pointed at a nearby chair, as if telling him to sit. She needed to discuss something important with him after all. He agreed, slightly curious about what she wanted to ask him.

"I want to return to Obelia."

END OF CHAPTER 2~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 155 14
Marinette has a secret... She's the princess of CHINA! Will Lila take her down, or will Mari be able to reveal her? The Class is on a field trip to C...
70.2K 3.1K 17
After Han jun-seo woke up as Ethan De alger Obelia that is 'Athanasia De Alger Obelia' older brother and Claude De Alger Obelia's first son. That's r...
6.4K 229 22
When Jean first meets (Y/n) under not so good circumstances he didn't really like her leading to him treating her harshly. As time goes on and they s...
146K 4.5K 45
Father hates me. He despises me. Why? Until the end, I never knew. I could never put my finger on his hatred for me. In fact, I could never understan...