The Unlucky Brunette (WMMAP J...

By ThecuteEverly

Jeanette never had what she truly wanted. A family. Love, care and trust. A need to fit in...to find friends... More

Chapter 2: Ruthless Change
Chapter 3: Recurring memories
Chapter 4: The moonlit balcony
Chapter 5: Setting out for a dreadful place
Chapter 6: Bloodlines
Chapter 7: The Vertium's
Chapter 8: Reaching the Obelian Empire
NOT A CHAPTER! Just a question for all of you!

Chapter 1: The unlucky brunette

413 17 7
By ThecuteEverly

Author's note: In this AU Anastacius was executed and some characters might be OOC to fit better with the story but not too much of a difference so don't worry! I just wanted to write a badass Jeanette fanfic since she had so much potential. Also this is going to be a crossover with "How to protect the female lead's older brother". Basically Jeanette and the Agriche Family, as she's going to be sheltered by them later. Jeanette x Jeremy btw. So I tried to create a badass Jeanette but also retain her original personality because no matter how much she goes through, her original personality is just going to pull through. She only truly expresses herself with people she considers close. She is also very smart but sometimes air headed like the original. I hope you like how I've written her and the story will be progressing like I envisioned but you can leave suggestions below or scenes you want me to write as a bonus!

Before we begin I just want to make a picture gallery of our dear Jeanette Margarita! She's beautiful<3 I also kinda got a little carried awayT-T (You can skip if you don't want to see our brunette beauty, totally not judging you😗)

: Princess Jeanette De Alger Obelia, Jeanette Margarita<3 Jeanette Agriche~

END~ (I'll add more in the next chapter cause why not? You need a dose of brunette beauty every chapter).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeanette Margarita, or better yet Jeanette De Alger Obelia, daughter of Former Emperor, Anastacius De Alger Obelia and Lady Penelope Judith. A young brunette born out of an affair between two nobles. Yet again, just to bring forth more misfortune to her life she was made of black magic. It seemed her whole existence was rejected of being anything close to loved.

Falsely lied to and manipulated by everyone around her, twisted into believing she's Emperor Claude's daughter, being left alone most of the time and with only her thoughts to busy herself in, dreaming of a perfect family from the moment she was born. These were the things she was most accustomed to. She knew them like the back of her hand. Her heart slightly throbbed at the sight of a "perfect" family, knowing she could never have it. She was always alone, there seemed to be a barrier, or rather a pane of glass between her and her friends and family. They always stuck together while she was a spectator watching from afar. She couldn't be there. She tried to fit in but she didn't. She didn't belong with them. They grew further from her, Athanasia her cousin hardly ever paid attention now. Ijikiel, her first and only love and Duke Alpheus had a different bond that Jeanette couldn't have with them. Jeanette knew they all didn't mean it but she also knew that she didn't belong here. She was meant to be alone.

Her own uncle Claude rejected her whole existence, he hated her. The man she'd been lied to as her father looked at her with every ounce of hatred he could throw at a 15 year old. It seemed she would never experience love after all.

Her mother, Penelope Judith died after giving birth to her, seems Jeanette was also blamed for her mother's death. She hardly knew her anyways. This sounded similar to someone she knew, Athanasia. The first daughter and real princess of the Obelian Empire. Daughter of Emperor Claude De Alger Obelia and Diana, a dancer from Siodonna. She though at first seemed to not have a  "perfect" family as her father neglected her and her mother died while giving birth to her, but the blonde later made miracles happen. The tyrant and cold blooded Emperor Claude, became a doting and protective parent to the gold-locked girl. His eyes looked at her in the most soft manner, as if she could break if he was too stern. It made Jeanette wonder if there was actually something wrong with her? She thought it made sense. The way his eyes looked into his daughter's. She'd never thought it would be possible to get that gaze out of the cold hearted man. The close bond they had...

Jeanette yearned for that kind of affection, she wanted for someone to love her as Claude did Athanasia. But even in the end she still hasn't gotten it. A father's love was something she was longing to experience. They took that away from her too, she saw him, her father Anastacius, walking up the stairs. Headed for his doom, the guillotine, while the crowd chanted curses and the two blonde royals sat with cold and indifferent expressions, watching it go down. Her first love, Ijikiel, was also watching, completely unbothered. Her first and only love had now abandoned her, going for the angelic princess instead. One of the few people she thought she could trust and actually thought was family couldn't be farther away now. Her feelings would never be reciprocated.

That day, once the blade came down and the head of her father rolled on the battered ground was the day Jeanette finally felt the gaping hole present in her heart. The hole that would never be filled with any kind of warmth, she understood the situation. She was never destined for love, she was never destined to have a family. This is how her fate is, and this is how it's going to end. She was set up for her execution, 2 weeks later for being the daughter of the "traitor" and was framed and falsely accused of trying to poison Athanasia.

She was a mere 17 years old when her father was executed and the realisation struck in like a thousand bolts. That day something seemed to crack. Her mind throbbed and ached. She no longer remained the innocent, naive and unlucky brunette. She was...broken...by the world. She knew she had to fend for herself in this world, and she knew she didn't want to get involved with the Obelian Empire anymore. She was thirsty for revenge but was lost, nothing seemed to make sense.

She ran away a few days after the execution of her father. Her feet ran as far as they could take her until before her came a horrifying scene. Barbaric gore and the putrid smell of blood, settling heavy in the air. Gutted bodies lying on the dust-clad ground. Slashing and stabbing echoed throughout the battle field. Puddles of blood and flesh, soldiers on their last breath calling out for their families and loves. Blood curdling screams making goosebumps ripple out on her unscarred skin. It felt terrifying and unsettling. The atmosphere hung low, the humidity pressing down. It was suffocating. The air wasn't clear at all, it was pure red, overflowing with the blood of countless people. This is war.

Jeanette understood, now finally understood, how frightening and dangerous this world really is. Living in high society, she was ignorant and aloof towards what was lurking beneath the shadows. Waiting for the one moment she was off guard, to drag her to the depths of hell.

Blood splattered around her clothes as soldiers from both sides rushed to their inevitable doom. They fought a losing battle, for what? Pride? Greed? Reputation? It hit Jeanette once more, the painful realisation she felt a few days ago, watching her father's every step to his grim fate. It was all of it. She mourned at how naive she had been, how she had not seen the reality.

Suddenly, an extremely wounded soldier dashed towards her, putting forward every last ounce of his strength. It seemed he was at a point where he could not even recognise the frail, petite, noble lady from a battle scarred soldier. Jeanette panicked and scanned her surroundings, finding a dagger impaled into a soldiers skull. Without any hesitation, the charging soldier getting nearer and her horrifying thoughts clouding her brain she hurriedly pulled out the dagger and brazenly pierced the barely conscious soldier with it.

His body slumped down and hit the ground with a thump. Blood spew from every corner, all Jeanette could see was crimson red. She looked at the dagger, the end and handle were dripping with dark, dried and fresh blood. The smell was making her dizzy and the feeling gutted her, it made her want to throw up. Did she just kill the soldier? She took a life. Tears threatened to spill from her faucet eyes but she forced them back. Her jewel eyes, wet and glossy but strained and worn out looked at the body again. Jeanette had to do it. There was no choice. With that she picked up a sword that stood upright near her and walked towards the battlefield.

END OF CHAPTER 1~

Author's end note:
Hi! How did you like it so far? It kinda reached an okay amount of words. Next chapter will be the time skip. I've already pre written it so all I need to do is recheck it and post it. If you're actually reading this, thank you so much! I appreciate it<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 205 40
Meet Genevieve St Laurent, 26 and one of the most successful businesswomen in the world, she's beautiful, she's rich, and above all smart. People sa...
535 61 56
"Rain begins to pour from the sky, mixing with the bright red liquid pooling at the figure's feet. Her long black hair sticks to her pale face, her b...
264 76 25
What does it take to unlock the path of true happiness? For two complete strangers, it's as simple as a wish to escape their sham of a life. But ther...
13.5K 155 14
Marinette has a secret... She's the princess of CHINA! Will Lila take her down, or will Mari be able to reveal her? The Class is on a field trip to C...