Tesoro

Por lovinraura_

A man in power. A woman that craves it. - Success Laura Marano was certain she was destined to reach it, onc... Más

Chapter 0 -
01 | Change
02 | Mr. Lynch
03 | Pretentious Prick
04 | New Strategy
05 | Fire And Ice
06 | Wicked Game
07 | The Cutie
08 | Earn It
09 | Trust
10 | Office Gossip
11 | Phone Number
12 | Questions
13 | Stolen Cigarette
14 | Cut The Tension
15 | Guilty
16 | Lollipop
17 | Wife
18 | Flirt
19 | Gift
20 | Counting
21 | Bloody Lips
22 | Cold Shoulder
23 | A Lynch
24 | Gloves
25 | The Welcoming
26 | Kiss, Don't Tell
27 | In A Different Way
28 | A Mean One
29 | Clothes Off
30 | Ice Skin
31 | I'm Not Nice
32 | The Breakdown
33 | Louie's Disaster
34 | Exposed Secrets
35 | Aftermath
37 | Mystery Girl
38 | Hawk
39 | Apart of me
40 | Trouble
41 | My World
42 | Sour Thoughts
43 | Lost In Love
44 | Locket
45 | Stained
46 | Nightmare Of A Dream
47 | His Smile
48 | My Love Or My Life
49 | I Need You
50 | Epilogue
51 | Epilogue
New Announcement

36 | Between us

718 63 73
Por lovinraura_

Laura's Pov

"You are upset" Camille crossed her arms.

I sighed, slowly sinking into my pillow "Mom isn't coming to see me for New Year's"

Her eyebrows raised.

"She called me at work today and told me she hasn't saved up enough, and I'm stuck here because of work" I let out a frustrated sigh.

"Oh Laura" she looks at me with those empathetic eyes "I'm sorry"

"It's okay" I shrugged "We don't need a holiday to reunite. We'll find a time"

"That's right" she smiled a little "And we'll spend the best holiday together, but, you mentioned you got this news today right?"

I nodded in agreement.

"So how about the days before?" she raised an eyebrow.

I sucked in a breath at that, looking down at my lap.

"Laura" she mentioned my name again "You're shutting me out. I don't like it"

The reminder of that made me look at her again, only to see her shake her head.

"I want to know what's going on, okay? Good or bad. You know everything about my life and I feel like lately I've been so far away from yours. I think our whole group feels this way. You've been keeping to yourself, and it's not you" she explained.

I pressed my lips, before letting out a breath "I'm sorry. I know I've been a bad friend, but I'm not sure what to say.. exactly. I feel that talking will make it worse"

"Say what's going on" she shrugged "I know it's about Ross. You're only secretive about him"

Fuck.

Even hearing her say his name out loud lit a fire in my heart. A range of emotions passed through me- anger, sadness, excitement.

"Did you sleep together?" was her next question, which made me look away from her completely.

I felt so stupid.

"I knew it" she sighted "There was no way it wouldn't have happened with all the tension.. I just wished you'd told me"

"I can't" I furrowed my eyes at her "It's too complicated- too dumb. I've been silly and he's well.. I can't even describe him right now"

"You're angry" she noted "And in love with him"

My eyes widen at that.

"I absolutely am not in love with him" I made sure to clearly state, glaring at her.

She didn't know how I felt. That was too simple. That couldn't be the case.

"Let me guess" she spoke up "He's ignoring you now? Like he's done to millions of girls before you?"

Her words felt like daggers, because yes, while technically accurate... it didn't feel that way at all.

"It's not like that" I mumbled.

"Oh it's not? Come on Laur, we both know this is a blessing. That man is so fucking toxic, and dangerous to you. You're better off staying as away as you possibly can"

I shut my eyes at that, shaking my head.

She didn't get it.

"Everyone keeps saying he's too dangerous" my voice a bit shaky now, as I felt my emotions build up "But has it ever occurred to you that he... is in danger too?"

Her face fell at my statement, and she blinked, staring at me.

"Fuck" I mumbled, suddenly leaving the bed to grab the tissues on my night stand, and wipe away the tears.

"I have to admit" she spoke up, as I stared at myself in the mirror "I haven't thought of it that way"

"He is an ice cold, stone headed, asshole" I turned around to look at her "But he's fucking human, damn it. And it's seeing that humanity that has made me so.."

I couldn't find the right word, so she spoke up "Attached?"

"No" I shook my head "Can we please not talk about it?"

"Fine" she sighted, also getting up from my bed "But, either way- it doesn't change what I said about keeping him away. It's still a good thing. I'm just trying to look out for you.. us."

With that, she walked out of the room, leaving me in an even more of a mess than I was before.

I knew she was right.

I knew it didn't make sense.

I didn't want to hurt anyone, never mind one of my friends.

But fuck, my reasoning had went past any logical.. I couldn't stop thinking about him.

,,,

New year new me.

Not really.

New year, old me, old drama.

Tension was running... high, on New Year's day, to say the least.

And now, it wasn't only even with Ross, but Camille as well.

After the conversation we had, things went on to be sort of stale for the rest of the day.

I helped her with Daisy here and there, and we had conversations, but they just didn't feel that... friendly.

We also had to cook together last night.. all of us, so we could all have a nice New Year's dinner party of some sort.

It was a yearly tradition- and I was usually excited for it, but..

I felt like I was pushing away everyone I could possibly push away. Wasn't sure what the hell was going on, but it was making me upset.

We were on lunch break at work, and I stayed in the office to eat as Ross went out- I didn't feel like talking to anybody.

We all had those days I guess.. the ones where you just want to go home, lay in bed, and simply nap your problems away.

Most of my employees were at least home to celebrate New Years, but Ross and I surely weren't. We had to sort things out before the new year started, tomorrow.

God, it was frustrating.

I just felt the urge to cry- and fuck was it killing me. I felt silly for even feeling that way, but I couldn't help myself.

It was hard being around Ross this way. One more business conversation I'd think I'd lose my mind.

And for a second there- the thought of quitting all together crossed my mind.

Surely, I couldn't do that. I couldn't leave everything I worked for behind, just because I couldn't be professional, right?

Right?

It was just a struggle to understand.

I thought we had a connection.. maybe it was silly of me to think, but the way he looked at me, kissed me, and treated me at times.. made me think he truly did respect me in that way.

His eyes said something sweet, but now he'd turned his back- I couldn't see them anymore.

I played with the fries on my lunch, moving one around on my plastic fork.

Was this all there was to life, damn it?

If so, it sucked.

Suddenly, my phone rang.

I picked it up from the desk, and without looking at the caller- I answered.

I was certain it was going to be one of the other offices. Wrapping everything up had been hell, and I knew they were most likely reporting yet another problem. They'd been calling me all day.

For how much Ross worked- he seemed to deal more with paperwork, and all the little issues passed my way.

It pissed me off at times.

"Laura"

My eyebrows raised as I heard the voice of my mom at the end of the line.

"Ciao mama" I smiled a bit- I didn't expect her to call mid-day like this.

Definitely a nicer outcome than the one expected.

"Ciao tesoro!" she excitingly called out, and it made my stomach practically turn "Are you in your office right now?"

"Where else?" I let out a weak chuckle.

I was here practically all day every day.

"Well, you maybe want to go over to the window for a second?"

I blinked.

"Why?"

"Maybe report me on the weather" she claimed.

"Mom it's New York" I spoke up "Cold, is the weather"

"Oh just walk over to the window" I could practically see her roll her eyes at me.

My eyebrows narrowed, as my heart beat loudly.

Did she send me a delivery? Some kind of gift? Wouldn't it make more sense if I went outside to pick it up?

I got to the window, and I looked up and around- everything was usual. New York in it's grumpy state.

Then, I looked down at the parking lot.

I couldn't see her at first, but there she was- weaving both of her hands in the air like a crazy person- one of them still holding her phone, as she stood a few feet away from a car.

My eyes widen, and my mouth dropped- It was the last thing I expected today.

My tears welled up again, as I called out "Mom!"

I could see her laughing, and so I smiled emotionally- leaving the window and running out of the office.

I didn't even stop in front of the elevator- taking the stairs instead.

And the whole way there, my one question was- how?

As I get to the parking lot, we immediately embraced each other, and she squeezed me.

I hugged her back, tears spilling from my eyes- I couldn't help it. I hadn't seen her in fucking years. This wasn't fair.

I felt like a child. I just missed my mom. My family.

"Oh I missed you so much" she worded my thoughts, hugging me tighter.

When we pulled back, I let out a weak chuckle- a tear still running down my face.

I noticed she'd gotten emotional too. Her eyes were wet.

"You look so beautiful!" she grinned "Oh my gorgeous daughter"

"Aw mom" I pouted, hugging her again before pulling away "You do too. I've missed you. How the hell did you get here? How?? And why did you call me before saying you weren't coming?? "

"Well" she smiled, as she let go of me "I made the call because I knew you'd ask if I didn't straight up give you an answer, and I wanted to surprise you" she explained, and I rolled my eyes "And ..someone else wanted me to celebrate New Year's with you too"

My eyebrows narrowed at that- and I stared at her in confusion.

"What ar-" the words fell from my mouth, as I looked up, only to see the car door to that particular car open.

And out he came.

I stood there- almost in disbelief, as he closed the door behind him, and he did the same - staring back at me.

He was gorgeous.

What was he doing?

"Oh" was all I could reply with.

Perhaps we stared at each other for a minute too long, by the time mom spoke up- now seemingly uncomfortable "This gentleman right here is the reason. He's your coworker right?"

I nodded, now staring at her instead.

"He paid for my plane ticked" she smiled "And I'm so greatful. I was going to turn him down, but he seemed persistent. He must be a very good one"

Oh... oh yeah, sure, he's perfect.

Her words didn't make my heart melt or sweeten.

More than anything, I was confused- and mad, because I felt like he was playing with me like I was some sort of toy.

Now he'd dragged my own mother into his sick little games.

"Again- Ross- that was your name right?" my mom turned to him, gesturing for him to approach us.

He walked up, and hesitantly, I stepped back.

He nodded, as my mom went on "Thank you for reuniting me with my daughter. We'll forever be greatful. You have a heart of gold"

Or clay. Probably clay.

"It was my pleasure" he smiled sweetly at her.

It was weird- seeing him right there next to my mom.

I didn't think I'd ever see the sight of that.

"How did you know?" I spoke up, quickly, before I could stop myself.

He stared down at me, licking his lips "Just a guess"

Suddenly.. I remembered one important detail.

In one of our many family dinners with his family, I'd opened up about my mom possibly being away for New Years.

Did he just..

"Well, however that happened- we need to find a way to thank you" she smiled.

Oh god..

"Will you join our New Year's dinner?"

Fuccccck.

Oh just bury me here.

I couldn't even have a celebratory day with my mom. I wanted to catch up- and I really regretted telling her about our New Year's dinner tradition..

Having Ross there meant him taking over my mind the whole time.

"I probably shouldn't-"

"Oh silly me" she weaved a hand "You probably have family to go back to, no?"

"Actually" he ran a hand through his gorgeous locks "They're a bit far, but we celebrated Christmas together."

He glaced at me when he said that.

Ah, we celebrated it together, alright.

"So you're alone for tonight?" my mom raised her eyebrows "Well that simply can't be! You need to come!"

Oh curse my mom's sweet little heart.

"Thank you for the offer" he nodded, then stared at me "But perhaps not the best idea"

"Why?" my mom raised her eyebrows, then looked back at me "Laura- tell him"

"I couldn't force him" I spoke up- not being able to look away from that fucking dark stare.

Suddenly- I felt a kick at the side of my hip.

"Ow" I pulled away, noticing it was mom kicking me with her elbow "After all he did for us- he most certainly should join us for dinner"

Then, she looked at him again "We would truly love to have you"

I glared at my mom behind her back, then glared at the smirk formed on Ross's lips.

"Sure" he nodded "I'll stop by if it's not much of a hassle"

I shut my eyes at that.

Why.

"No hassle" she spoke up "I'm certain Laura will send you more details by text."

"Sure" he nodded, as I glared at him "You need a ride to the apartment?"

He was asking my mom, but I had to step in "We have work. I'll call one of my friend's to pick up my mom"

Hopefully one of them was available and not at work at this hour..

"Not much left- finishing everything after I drop you both off. Now go get your bag and we'll wait for you here"

That fucking demanding tone never seemed to not make me mad or.. bothered, for some reason.

And why would he do such a gesture. Hot and cold, once again.

But hey, if he wanted to take over, sure- I'd joyfully let him do all of the work as I went home to stay with my mom. Normally, I'd be nice.. but I'd had my limit with him.

So, I agreed.

"I want to spend time with my mom- will you be a dear and pick it up for me?" I bat my eyelashes at him.

He looked between my mom and I for a second before leaving out a frustrated sigh, and walking away in the direction of the offices.

When I turned to mom, she raised an eyebrow at me "What's going on over here?"

"You know what mom? Doesn't matter" I sighted, then looked back at the building he went in "It never did"

A few minutes later he came out holding my bag, and without looking at me in the eye, he dropped it off on my hands.

I glared at his back.

The ride over to the apartment was silent and awkward.

I was sitting in the passenger seat, but any type of conversation happening was only between my mom and I, or her and Ross.

Either way, we made it back safely, and mom thanked and weaved him off, before he left.

And for the first time, I let out a breath of relief.

Now how does one explain this to their friends..

Ross' Pov

Why did I say yes?

These last few days have just been a series of mistakes.

I couldn't seem to not fuck up.

She fucking hated me, and I couldn't blame her... but fuck, did it hurt to see.

Not just the hate, but the upset. This was all a fucking big mistake I didn't know how to fix.

And still, here I was, parking my car right at the address Laura sent me- stressed out of my fucking mind.

The shit I had to do in the office all day felt like petty tasks, and my mind wasn't there anyway. I'ts fucking tangled in so many things.

And the main one, were thoughts of her.

I contemplated calling up and saying I decided I wasn't going to attend, and even decided on that... before Laura's mom called me asking if I liked Italian food.

They'd already set up.

She was a sweet woman. I could see a few of Laura's features on her, and it was a heartwarming sight.

I couldn't refuse any longer.

Either way, I headed in the elevator, and waited a while until it got to the fifth floor, walking up to the white door she mentioned in the text.

This might be it.

So I rang the doorbell, to see a.. sort of familiar face.

One of Laura's friends that brought us dinner with Camille, when I was in the hospital.

"Oh hello" his eyes widen "Glad you could make it!"

He seemed weirdly excited.

"Happy to be here" I gave him my hand, as she shook it.

"Well anyway, make yourself at home. Laura's in the living room" he pointed me ahead.

I nodded slowly.. as of course, he thought I was here for her only.

Jesus fucking Christ the dinner was going to be a distaster.

We could be civil right?

Either way, It was too damn late now.

It wasn't much 'til I was faced with the living room. Looking around- every corner of this apartment looked lived in.

Decorations of all sorts, trinkets, photo frames...it was bright, it had life.

And it was specious, as well. The brown couch was huge, facing the Tv. On the front, big windows- and a few people sat talking.

"Hey" I called out, as I walked up to face them.

"Ross!" Gema practically yelled, getting out of her blanket and laying position, and fixing her hair "Didn't see ya there" she grinned, awkwardly.

I laughed a little, shaking her hand.

"Oh come sit down over here!" Ellen got up, and gestured to the spot she was previously taking next to Laura "I'll be in the kitchen helping- I'm sure you and Laura can talk about a lot. I have one rule though- no business talk!"

I nodded at her politely, sitting next to Laura- but still, a safe distance.

She looked so good, even just sitting there.

God, I had it bad.

"Mom we already have the food and.. well that'll be impossible" Laura rolled her eyes, then stared at her "You should sit down- you're probably still tired from the flight. I'll take over tonight"

"Oh, I have never had more energy in my life!" she grinned, squeezing Laura's cheek like she was a toddler "And besides I have to go yell at Nick- his stirring hurts me"

"Mom how is there a right way to stir pasta?" and her what-the-fuck face, made me hold in a laugh.

"You've lived in New York for too long" she shook her head, fanning herself with her hand as she walked out to where I was assuming was the kitchen.

Just as she walked away, Camille walked in- her eyebrows raised when she saw me.

"Hey boss"

"What's up?" I questioned, shaking her hand before she sat down in front of us.

"You've never called me boss" Laura mumbled next to me.

Camille rolled her eyes.

"How's the kid?" I questioned.

"Oh Daisy's doing fine- you'll probably meet her today too. She's with my husband currently" she shrugged "It's been tiring to be off work"

"I can imagine" I nodded, smiling a bit.

Laura let out a frustrated sigh, sitting up and passing by me to walk away.

My eyes followed her as she walked into another room.

She looked pretty.

I didn't deserve pretty things.

˚☽。⋆.

yeah... it's been a while

so, hello there.

I missed u a lottt. I've been trying to finish and publish this fucking chapter for-fucking-ever, so I'm glad it's finally out.

some updates: I am, once again, graduated!!! but this time, for good. after master's your girl is NOT doing school again. nope.

and yes, now I can say I'm officially just unemployed! :D

lmaoo. okay anyway I'll enjoy my summer before I do get a job, but meanwhileeee I get some time off to actually pay attention to this book again.

even though it's been a long ass time, those plans remain, and I want to put them into words- for whoever is still left here! there will be more more updates!! and I'm so sorry there wasn't one for such a long time.

to be honest, tomorrow I'm also gonna introduce my boyfriend to my family, so I'm slightly terrified. and I'm even more terrified to get introduced to HIS family less than two weeks after 😭 pray for meeee.

let me know if u wanna know how that goes haha. fuck.

ummm what else- well, I've been watching new girl and I love itttt!!! I had to start it to fill the whole that modern family left, that was previously to fill the hole that the office left, that was previously to fill the hole that how I met your mother left..

yeah, it's a trend.

Jess reminds me a hell lot of Laura (and Ally), so it's been nice to watch her.

anyway, addressing this chapter now: a lot of things that aren't making sense right now will make sense in the future. you're getting answers next chapter.

and why do you think Ross brought Laura's mom to New York? what's up with that? will Laura resist the sweet gesture? oh, I'm excited for next chapter.

and not only for that.. very, interesting dinner BUT... there's another surprise coming WITHIN the chapter.

I'm so excited for you to discover this, and I hope that meanwhile, you enjoyed this chapter. if you did, as always, vote and comment :) follow for more!! ♥️

I love you all. I'll see you soon 💕

,G.

62 votes and 80 comments required for next chapter!

follow my book's Instagram page for more updates!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

18.3K 487 22
"Thousands of hot, famous, teenage guys in LA, and I had to make the stupid mistake of picking Ross Lynch to be my launchpad to fame." Courtney rants...
59.6K 1K 18
A new story with each chapter! Ross Lynch & Laura Marano. That's all you need to know. xX Warning: mature themes, sex, drungs and violence may be i...
728K 21.3K 62
Highest rank #146 fanfiction/ #312 Romance Ross lynch was always the guy who girls fall inlove with, laura marano was always the girl to come for lov...
8.3K 278 22
All Laura's ever wanted is to be famous. Like them. Like R5. The fans, the concerts, the everything. But being the secret songwriter of R5 might be a...