Rock your world (Lumity ban...

By DAMITILOVEWOMEN13

Luz was forced to return to the human realm by Camilla because she thought it was to dangerous in the boiling... More

Returning
Being back
Surprises
Seeing her
Seeing her pt2
Getting ready
A/N
Hey guys!!!
Try the hell out
Trying the hell out pt2
Hang out
A/n
Hexside wexside
Party problems
Just a little strength
Positivity
Embarrassing
School
School pt2
Sleepover
Caught up
A/N HELLPPPP
Party at the blight manor
Party at the blight manor pt2
Party at the blight manor pt3
Party at the blight manor pt4
After math
an
READ THIS

First practice

271 8 10
By DAMITILOVEWOMEN13

Amity and I woke up at relatively the same time and got up, she had said she was getting in the shower so I let her collect her things and leave towards the bathroom. I got ready and went down stairs to make us breakfast, I was just making some human waffles since I know amity has never had them, when I see her walk down the stairs, as gorgeous as ever. I think I could live the rest of my life very happily if I got to make her breakfast every morning, wake up to her beautiful face and fall asleep next to her, in a perfect world. But that's not important right now I just need to focus on these waffles, breakfast has never really been my strong suit. But I sure need to get better at it if I'm gonna have the chance to do this more often.

I finally finished the waffles and walked over to amity who was already sitting down just looking at me when I turn around but quickly looking away, I chuckle and bring her, her plate and set mine down across from her.

Amity: thank you Luz.

Luz: my pleasure amity! By the way these are waffles there from the human realm and I thought you might like them so, I uh made them for you, haha.

I said scratching the back of my neck and looking down at my food.

Luz: well I just want to see your opinion on them so dig in.

I saw her pick up her fork and butter knife and cut a small piece of and dipping it in some maple syrup per my advice to her, she brought it up to her mouth and took it in and start chewing. Not even seconds later I see her eyes widen and look at me with a small smile, gosh does she have to be that darn cute?

Amity: Luz!

Luz: yeah? Are they good?

Amity: very! These are delicious you need everyone to try these. I mean it might just be me but I think your gonna need to make these for me more often.

I feel my face flush at that comment, I would love making it for you everyday, marry me!

Luz: n-noted, heh.

I saw amity close her eyes and smile with food in her cheeks and I swear I felt blood come down my nose but she just looked down and continued to eat like before, I do the same and I got to say I'm pretty impressed with myself. Anyways we finish eating and gather our things to head out to school, I yell bye to Eda which she doesn't respond of course she probably still asleep.

We head out the door and towards school, chatting at the same time when I see her hand just dangling by her side and I want so much to just grab it and hold hands but I don't know, I mean is that what normal friends do? I finally let my instincts flow and let myself softly take her hand in mine. I see her head turn to me with a surprised expression showing but I just look down at our hands and look back in her golden eyes and smile. I watch as her face becomes red and she turns away, I don't think anything of it and continue our conversation from earlier which is hard at first because she is stuttering a lot, I wonder if she's feeling well.

Finally we get into a normal conversation again when she reminds me that my first practice is today after school and to wait for her outside so boscha, skara, amity and I can walk to the studio together. I smile at her and agree when I notice we are at the school doors and force my hand to release hers I saw a strange look on her face which kinda made her look disappointed but just waved it off and looked at her.

Luz: well we got to get to class amity so we should probably get to our lockers.

Amity: yeah... well thanks for having me over Luz I appreciate we-we should do it again sometime?

Luz: definitely, bye amity, see you later!

Amity: bye Luz!

I started walking to my locker excited for later, I can't wait to play with everyone it will be so much fun!

———————————————————————————

(Later that day, Luz's pov)

The school day finally finished and I'm waiting out side for boscha and amity to get out here so we can start our walk to the studio. I see them come out the doors and I ran up to them.

Luz: hey guys!

Boscha: hey Luz, hey skar.

Amity: hey luz, ready to go?

Luz: yep!

We start walking in the direction of the studio chatting about what type of music we enjoy and other things like clothing games, our aesthetic I guess you can call it and I'm glad I'm getting to know amity better like that, maybe if she ever comes over then we can listen to some of the music she like and sit out on the rooftop while doing so. That would be so nice, sitting watching the sunset while listing to amity talk about whatever it is she wanted. I'd pay to listen to her talk, laugh, and to see that smile that so delicately sits on her face when she speaks of something she finds interest in.

We reach the studio and now I'm beginning to start feeling a little nervous, I mean it's just practice so it doesn't matter if I mess up I'm just- I don't know, I hope I fit into the band well and I don't hurt their career or something stupid like that.

I put down my bag on one cushion and start to the actual studio of the studio. We walk in and I see the twins.

Luz: heyo guys!

Twins: Luz!

They came and gave me a hug but then just smirked at amity, I don't know why but I bet it's just a little sibling banter. We discussed what we will be doing today, we'll more like they did an I listened because I still barely know anything about this band and their songs, I mean I've done a little deep diving on their website but I still had just joined, what ya gonna do.

Amity: ok guys today well practice the songs we'll be performing at our next concert at the death slinger arena.

Wow that name is, something else, kinda emo.

Amity: we are performing 3 songs, well start off with meteor shower, than the red means I love you, the last song however is a problem, the song is meet me at our spot, Luz, is sung by two people and usually those two are Edric and I, so the real question is can you sing and are you ok with doing it?

Luz: well, I'm not gonna say if I can sing well or not cause I don't know, I think so? But I love doing it and I don't think I would have a problem doing it in front of loads of people.

Amity: ok well we'll test you out later at the end of practice, then we'll decide if you'll be singing or we'll change the song, anyways you'll have these 3 songs in about a month or so, do you think you can do it?

Luz: confident.

Amity: great, ok guys let's get to it, no slacking!

Seeing amity all stern and in her element was, ehem, extremely attractive, but that's not the matter of right now. I go grab my guitar and strum it to see if it's tuned, it's not, now I take a couple minutes to do that while everyone is setting up, boscha hands me a script with all the songs in it, I look through it and find out where the three songs are located in it, open it to the starting song and look it over, striking all the cords one by one, everyone seems to be doing basically the same thing just with different instruments. I think I get it down well enough and start putting the cords together strumming it into the song. I play with minimal mix ups, and a few wrong cords and retry, this time around I don't mess up the cords, but my timing is still of, I go again and again, until I get it, it's not perfect, I mean, I still have to look where my gongs are going but a month is definitely enough time to perfect these songs.

Amity: alright band, we are going to practice together so get into position behind me and clear you way a little so you have room to play.

I do what she says and get ready already setting my fingers on the first cord ready to strum it. I hear music start of other instruments we don't have so I look around and notice em holding a spell circle, must be a illusion of the music, then amity's starts singing. Still as angelic as the last time I heard it.

I strum as my guitar peeps into the song and we continue to play for the rest of the song, it going well, I do the same practice for the next song then we play it together like we did with meteor shower, but after that it's time for me to sing with amity.

I step up just a little so I can get closer to the mic they just placed in front of me, I first get the guitar on this song down then look at the lyrics, all the different pitches confuse me, but with time I get it down, then amity asks me if I'm ready, I nod and the music starts.

———————————————————————————

Amity: When I wake up
I can't even stay up
I slept through the day, fuck
I'm not getting younger
But when I'm older
I'll be so much stronger
I'll stay up for longer
Meet me at our spot

Caught a vibe

Boscha: woo, woo

Amity: Baby, are you coming for the ride?

Boscha: The ride, the ride, the ride

Amity: I just wanna look into your eyes

Boscha: your eyes, your eyes

Amity: I just wanna stay for the night, night, night, When we take a drive

Boscha: woo, woo

Amity: Maybe we can hit the 405
Hypnotized by the lights
Man, this must be the life

———————————————————————————

I got a little nervous, because I didn't know if my voice would fit the song but I breathed in and sang anyways.

———————————————————————————

Luz: When I go to sleep
I can't even fall asleep
Something's got ahold of me
Feel it taking over me
But when I'm older, I'll be moving onward
I just got a drunk text

Amity: meet me at our spot

Luz: We caught a vibe, yeah, yeah
Baby, are you coming for the ride? The ride, the ride, the ride.
When I look into your eyes, your eyes, your eyes.
I just wanna hold you all night, all night.
Maybe we can take a drive, take a drive.
Baby, we can hit the 405
Hypnotized by the lights
Man, this must be the life

Amity and Luz: Meet me at our spot
Got something I wanna show you
Meet me at our spot
They can't find us there

Amity and Luz: Meet me at our spot
Got something I wanna show you
Meet me at our spot
They can't find us there

Amity: Caught a vibe

Boscha: woo woo

Amity: Baby, are you coming for the ride

Luz: the ride, the ride, the ride.

Amity: I just wanna look into your eyes

Luz: your eyes, your eyes

Amity: I just wanna stay for the night, night, night, When we take a drive.

Boscha woo woo

Amity: Maybe we can hit the 405
Hypnotized by the lights
Man, this must be the life

———————————————————————————

(Amity pov)

When we finished the song, I felt real happiness, usually when I sang it with Ed, it was for the crowd, but now when I'm singing it with luz, the one I wrote the song about! It's different... it feels like we are singing it to each other. I'm also impressed, Luz's singing is actually really good, and I'm happy to say our voices fit well together.

I heard Ed and em clap, looking at me with those little shitty smirks they wore when they try to embarrass me, and the sad thing is it works a lot.

Amity: luz, oh my Titan, that was really good!

Luz: really? I was kinda just listening to you the whole time...

She mumbles while scraping the back of her neck with red cheeks, she's so adorable.

I blush a little and smile.

Amity: I-uhm well you sounded really good and I think our voices fit well together.

So could we. I don't say that out loud but I meant it.

Luz: me too.

She smiles with her eye's basically closed do to how big it is, she always lights up the room when she smiles.

We just look away with red faces and awkwardly chuckle.

Amity: a-anyways guys that about sums up practice see you next time.

Everyone: ok!

I see everyone pack up until I look at Luz putting her guitar away and setting it on the wall, I get this thought to go up to her and ask to hang out a little longer. I mean we're friends, that's what friends do.

So I spoke.

Amity: hey luz would you um, like to hang out for a bit before you leave? I have my own room here so we can have peace from the hooligans.

Luz: u-uh sure! Of course! Anything for you amity!

I blush and look away but grab her hand and wonder why their so cold, I know mine are warm, I hope hers are heating up. I start leading her to my room.

Amity: cmon.

I say with a smile, and see her face become a little red, I wonder, maybe she just thinks I'm pretty, that be awesome still.

Amity: ok we're here!

(HEY GUYS SORRY I HAVENT POSTED IN A WHILE, I HOPE THIS LONG CHAPTER MAKES UP FOR IT, LOVE YA)

Words 2402

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3.3K 23
When Luz returns to the Boiling Isles, her feelings towards her best friend, top student Amity Blight, haven't changed. But both are too afraid to co...
4K 214 36
At 17 years old Luz decided to run from home she manage to go between realms and ended up on the Boiling Isles. When she decides to stay and help Eda...
520 14 11
When Amity was forced to cut ties with Willow and was sent away for four years of High School. In the meantime, Luz stumbled into the Demon Realm mak...
37.3K 283 7
A new retelling of the owlhouse story that follows a 15 year old boy named Luke who stumbles upon a portal leading him to a magical realm where he be...