The Player's Daughter

By xxxxRYLEExxxx

Slowly I walked over to him and held out my hand. "Hi, I'm Cammei." He smirked, "Sam." "It's nice to meet y... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note
Chapter 16

Chapter 9

5.5K 151 24
By xxxxRYLEExxxx

"You have a good voice," Sam told me as we walked along the community sidewalk. I looked down at his feet and noticed he was wearing his red Converse, of course.

A blush crept up my neck. "No I don't! You must have your ears a little out of tune!"

He wiggled his finger around in one, catching some curls in the midst, I giggled at his current face. "Nah, I think they are just fine, but yours on the other hand.." He trailed off.

"Shoot, I have the best in the family!"

About that time, I heard a familiar jingle and turned around. "Ice cream!" I shouted tugging Sam along. "I told you that I had good ears."

"We are not getting ice cream from a truck. That's disgusting." He replied pulling me to a stop.

I looked at him with my mouth agape. "I can't even - oh my gosh. Did you really just say that?" He nodded, a smirk playing on his lips. I groaned before continuing to the brightly colored van.

"I've never had any from a truck and well, it doesn't sound very appetizing," He confessed, walking behind me.

"Well you're about to try it! No exceptions," I strictly told him.

"Hello Miss! What can I get for you?" The elderly man at the window asked with a smile.

"Well, this is my boyfriend's first time trying this kind of service," I started, "so what do you believe would be the perfect first?"

I saw Sam roll his eyes from beside me and I popped his arm with the back of my hand. I pushed a piece of my hair that had come out of my ponytail behind my ear as the man answered. "I think that he should try our Cookie Dough supreme." I nodded at his suggestion and looked over at Sam.

"Sound good babe?" I asked with a smile.

"As long as whatever you get, I can lick some of your nose later?" He replied with a lustful look.

"Of course you have to find some way to make this dirty," I told him with shove.

"Here you go Sir," The ice cream worker told Sam as he handed him a cone full of delicious looking cream, "and for you?"

I pursed my lips as I considered all the possible flavors before finally deciding on one of my favorites. "Strawberry tossed with chocolate chips and add extra sugar." I added a big smile at the end. The man chuckled at my selection.

"Want a diet Coke with that?" Sam asked with wide eyes. I looked into his brilliant green orbs and smiled.

"Nah, I like a thrill," I replied pulling him down for a kiss. I pulled away and licked my lips. "Mmm, that's good." I nodded towards his cone.

"Well," he started, "you were right. This is freaking awesome." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Here you are," Mr. Smith, I read on his nametag, handed me my creation.

"Thank you! How much?" I asked digging in my pocket for change.

He shook his head and smiled, "Consider it a favor."

Sam and I thanked him as we walked off hand in hand back to my house. I started skipping and burst out laughing at Sam's attempt.

"You-look like-a cat wi-with three legs," I managed to get out between laughs.

"Shut up!" He tried to scold but started laughing along with me, "guys aren't supposed to be able to skip!"

I felt my ice cream slipping out of my hand and squealed as I watched it in slow-motion fall and hit the concrete. A squeak came out of my mouth, "Sh*t, no! No! I didn't even get to finish it!" I said whilst wiping tears from the corners of my grey eyes. When I laugh, shiz gets real.

Sam threw his head back and his harmonic laughter rang out. "That's what you get for making fun of my man skips!"

I threw a glare his way and stood up from my crouched position. My hands dusted the leaves and grass that attached themselves to my tan knees. "You know it would be extremely kind of you if you let me have some of yours.." I told Sam while throwing him my best puppy dog face.

"Bribery gets you know where," he told me while pinching my cheek. I smacked his hand away and snatched the melting cone from his hand. I took off running and slid my tongue down the creamy goodness with every stride.

"Cammei Grace Riter get your a** back here!" I heard Sam shout then followed by his feet on the sidewalk.

I squealed as I dodged his hand and ran towards the Isla Blanca Park. I spotted the beach a little ways ahead of me and snickered. "You'll never catch me, Perkins! Track and soccer star, baby!"

I picked up my pace and stepped off of the concrete and onto the wooden boardwalk that led to the water. My feet pounded onto the boards as I sprinted down towards the end. A few more feet and I jumped off onto the hot, Texas sand. Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and picked me up. A scream ripped up from my throat and the last ice cream cone flew from my hand.

Sam then stopped spinning and sat me down. "Oh, no you didn't." I saw a gleam in his eyes and took off running. I didn't get very far before I was lifted off the ground and carried to the edge of the water. "Better be glad you wore a swimsuit," he snickered.

"Sam no!" I screeched as he ran into the water. I felt the bone chilling coldness of it hit my body. "It's freezing!"

"Well did you expect it to be hot?" He asked while putting me down, I cringed as the rest of my limbs were introduced to the ocean.

"No, but," I shot him a glare, "you know what I mean!" I groaned. I looked at the white t-shirt Sam was wearing and suddenly enjoyed the water. Or his body. Both were good. The shirt had clung to his perfect abs and gave me quite the view.

"Like what ya see?" He smirked at me. I smiled at the sight of his now wet curls.

"Actually," I pursed my lips, "I think it would be a lot better if your shirt in general was..off."

Sam chuckled as he shrugged it off and threw it onto my face. I gasped at the coolness of it. "Come on babe, your shirt is wet, too!"

I folded my arms across my chest and shook my head. "No way," I started, "my clothes are just fine as is."

He looked up and down, checking me out. "I believe that you'd be better in a swimsuit."

"Fine," I agreed, pulling my green tank top off over my head. I took out my ponytail and shook my dark curls out, smiling as I felt the ends touch the water.

"See, you're beach bod ready," Sam joked pulling me into a tight, wet embrace. I smiled against his hard chest, agreeing that the same goes for him inside my head. "Will you go on a date with me?" he asked, "A real one, a good first date for us."

I pulled away and look at him with a questioning look on my face, "A first date?"

"Well, we've never really been on a date," he confessed.

I smiled at the gesture he was offering. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist, laying my head on his shoulder, "Yes, I would love to go on a date with you."

~Two Hours Later~

I looked in the mirror and smiled. I had straightened my long, dark hair, allowing half of it to be pinned back with I promise you, 20 bobby pins. I looked down at my choice of clothing: a short, coral, off the shoulder dress. It flowed toward the top and had a thin belt that hung down the front. A pair of black sandals sat under my feet. To finish it off, I put on quite a few bangles.

I walked across my room to the window that overlooked our gated community. I smiled before picking my perfume of the night. Our first date..

A sudden knock on my door made me jump. "Come in," I answered as I picked up my iPhone off the bookcase.

Sam came in wearing a smirk on his face. His wild curls had been slightly tamed and on his body was a Polo shirt almost identical to the color of my dress. "I just knew," he said with a wink.

Instinctively, I rolled my eyes as I walked over to him. I threw my arms around his shoulders and smiled. His green eyes were full of excitement. His bent down and pressed his lips against mine. No matter how many times he does that, it will never grow old. The fireworks that go off when we kiss is unexplainable. It's like nothing I've ever experienced. "You look amazing," I replied breathlessly.

"Nothing compares to the beauty that is before me," His green eyes gazed into my own grey ones as he stated.

A blush crept up onto my face. "Who are we quoting?"

"Myself," he replied simply as he led me out of my room and down the stairs. "Taylor," he called my mom's attention away from the pile of work in front of her, "Cammei and I are headed out now."

She smiled at the sight of us holding hands. "You two be careful and I do not want grandchildren."

"Mom!" I squeaked out, glaring at her.

"Where are you two kids headed out to?" I recognized my dad's voice from behind us. He was leaning up against one of the beams that supported the balcony upstairs. I smiled at the sight of him outside of the big bad coach physique.

"We're going on a date, but someone," I directed my eyes to Sam, "won't tell me where."

My dad chuckled, "Be careful and Sam," he lifted his eyebrows as he made eye contact with him, "watch over her."

He nodded back and we said our final goodbyes as we walked out the front door and to my car. Sam opened the passenger side for me and I hopped in. "Thank you good sir," I obliged.

"Anytime malady," he answered with a wink.

I watched him as he jogged around to the driver side and hopped in. A groan escaped his lips as he was forced to slide the seat back. What can I say? A girl usually drives.

Finally, after much situating, we backed out onto the highway and drove to the mystery location. "Please tell me where we're going," I begged Sam.

"No! It's a secret," he whined. Humor filling his bright eyes and spreading all across his face. I pursed my lips and folded my arms across my chest, resorting to the silent treatment. "And the silent treatment won't work, sweets," he said with a grin. Sam knows me too well..

I groaned as I flipped on the radio. "This is my jam!" I shouted as I started to sing along.

We gonna party like it's 3012 tonight

I wanna show you all the finer things in life

So just forget about the world, we're young tonight

"No way in hell am I listening to Justin Beaver," Sam retorted while flipping the station to a country song. The worst one in history. "Ah yeah, baby," he said before his deep voice started overpowering Blake Shelton.

You be my sugar, baby

I'll be your sweet iced tea

You be my honeysuckle

I'll be your honey bee

I violently shook my head before changing it to a different song. "Yes!" We both agreed at the same time.

Oh, I feel your heartbeat

And you're coming around, coming around, coming around

If you can love somebody, love them all the same

You gotta love somebody, love them all the same

I looked over at Sam's face and giggled. He was singing as loud as he could and his face was priceless. I shook my head before joining back in with him.

Ooh, ooh

I know the memories are rushing into mind

I wanna kiss your scars tonight, baby

'Cause you gotta try

You gotta let me in

Let me in

As the song ended, so did our drive. Sam pulled my Mustang into a parking lot the overlooked a small lake. I squinted my eyes and could have sworn I saw lanterns in the trees. "What is this place?" I asked him with wonder in my voice.

I heard his seatbelt click and followed his lead as he stepped out of the car. "It's a lake and the spot for out date," he replied with a smile. He walked around to my side of the car and took my hand. I let him lead me down a set of wooden stairs that ended up at underneath a huge willow tree. It was decorated with lanterns hanging off of random branches and small candles were lit and stuck into the earth.

"This is beautiful," I told him in awe, "it's like a picture." I saw Sam out of the corner of my eye smiling at my reaction.

"I hoped you would like it," he responded with a peck on my cheek.

Right under the tree was a blanket and a basket. "A picnic," I said more than asked.

Sam took my hand and led me towards the quilt that was lying on the ground and grabbed a box from beside the basket. "This," he opened the lid, "is not only a one month anniversary present, but also and I'm sorry and a promise." I gasped as he lifted a small diamond ring from the padding within.

"I promise to not only be the best boyfriend of my ability, but to also trust you and realize that you are the one for me. You've been the best thing that has happened to me in 17 years of my life. I know that we've only been together for a short time, but it has felt like an eternity. The times we've had together, the fights -no matter how bad -," He grimaced at the reminder of the latest, "they've been a part of this crazy adventure of our love. Cammei Riter," he placed the ring on my left ring finger, "I promise to be the only one for you. Your other half and wait for as long as you need. My promise to you is infinite and this ring recognizes that. I love you."

I wiped away tears that had fallen from my eyes and looked into Sam's. The promise ring glistened on my finger as I took his hand into mine. "I love you, too."

This chapter almost made me cry. Ugh. I love you guys so much, but I wish you would comment more! It motivates me! (: Thank you for the 300 votes! And over 6,000 reads! You're all incredible! (Cam's ring is on the side!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Scholar By ☆

Teen Fiction

1M 40.3K 30
[COMPLETED] [Warning: Strong language used throughout the book.] He put his hand over my notebook and the other over mine. I glared up at him, his go...
2.2K 138 21
Samantha and Kei were neighbors and classmates for years. She has being in love with him for a while. So when his parents decided to move to Japan, S...
1M 25K 29
"You should really tell him soon," Austin said as he walked closer to me. "It's complicated," I sighed, avoiding eye contact with the greek god stan...
1.5K 53 39
"I don't know what kind of girl you think I am Greg" I mumbled. I was not the kind of girl who slept with guys on a whim. I wanted him, but not enoug...