Secret of An Alpha: Repercuss...

Autorstwa WONDERPSYCHO

(Sequel to Secret of An Alpha: Retribution.) Alpha Luke knows the truth. He is struggling to forgive his mate... Więcej

Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
Part two - Recollection
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty three

Chapter fourteen

1K 65 18
Autorstwa WONDERPSYCHO

The morning after the celebrations saw Alpha Luke holding a meeting with his Pack members. He ordered them to remain quiet about his and Rolus' mate bond.

The Pack was confused, but Luke tried to explain that he and Rolus were not ready to let the world know of their bond. Some members still found it confusing and tried to raise questions, but Peter and Macey shut them down before they could pressurize Luke.

After the meeting, some members came to congratulate Luke for the umpteenth time, happy that their Alpha found his mate at last. For a moment, Luke pretended that he was happy and all was well between him and Rolus. Some older ladies even tried to get the tea on how they realised they were mates. Some made jokes at how they hated each other's guts in the beginning. Luke laughed at that, but still found himself upset.

In the end, Peter helped Luke get away from too eager ladies and teens. Before leaving, they made him promise to hold a big celebration where many Packs where invited to witness his mating ceremony.

As if that would ever happen. Luke was sure Rolus would rather be struck by lightning than be seen with him. That's how much he thought Rolus hated him. Come on, the man rejected Luke, then led him to believe that he rejected his sister. The man lied for full straight seven years. If that didn't scream hate, then Luke didn't know.

Luke was happy when his Pack was happy. He hoped everything worked out in the end to not disappoint his Pack. He was even willing to fake whatever mate bond to be with Rolus, for the sake of his Pack.

He saw how him accepting the mate bond made Rolus act. He hated it because the bond made Rolus think he cared for Luke when in fact it was the bond's influence.

Peter led Luke to the office, and promised to be back with their lunch.

There were two other people that Luke had to inform about him finding his mate. His parents would be elated, but would not believe that Rolus didn't know all along that they were mates.

He was about to call them, but Peter came back with their food.

"So, what was Alpha Rolus doing here yesterday?" Peter asked, setting their plates on the table.

Luke shrugged. "Was furious about me telling my Pack about our mate bond." Luke poked the steak with his fork, not really hungry.

"I meant, when he came here. What did he exactly want?" Peter finished his lunch within a matter of seconds. Luke pushed the plate to him and told him to help himself to his plate.

Luke shrugged once again. "Didn't say."

When Peter finished clearing the plate, he stacked them together and pushed them to the side. "Something on your mind?"

"Yes. I-" before he could explain, a knock disturbed him. He groaned. He was not in any mood to entertain more people. Peter was enough. "Come in."

The door opened, Diana coming through the door with Young Carl. Luke smiled at the little guy.

"I'm so sorry to disturb you, Alpha Luke," Diana apologised.

"No, it's fine,"

Diana went to Peter, handing him the child. "I've got errands to run, and everyone is busy. You won't mind looking after him for a bit, right?"

"No, it's fine, Love."

Diana smiled, bending to kiss Peter and Young Carl's foreheads.
Peter caught Luke's eye. He looked uncomfortable. He did say some time ago that he felt awkward flashing his love life in front of Luke, who didn't have any at all.

Luke rolled his eyes, but focused more on the little guy. Young Carl got off his father's lap and started going to the couch where he liked to play and sleep. He had his stuffed cat toy that Luke got him to annoy Peter. The little guy loved that stuffed animal.

"So, you were saying?" Peter asked, his eyes glancing to his son every few seconds.

"I think  Rolus is affected by my accepting of the bond."

"Really? Wow! And he still had the strength to leave?"

Luke huffed. "What do you mean?"

Peter laughed, reminiscing. "I remember when I found out Diana and I were mates. You were away for a bit, so you didn't see how crazy I was. I followed her around everywhere she went because it hurt me to be far away from her. She was annoyed with me, but what made it funny was that she did the exact same thing. Macey was so fed up with me because she had to take on my duties. You should've been there. It was exhausting for the people around us. Then bam! two weeks later, Shanell found her mate. It was even worse because she was supposed to help train the Warriors, but her mate was all over her. She ended up relinquishing the power to her second, and went on a week long vacation with Tim. I think they left because she was too proud to be seen being vulnerable around Tim, and trying to fight the ladies that even sent a look to Tim. Come to think of it, she did injure the woman Tim was involved with at the time."

Luke laughed. That's the first time he heard about how any of them met their mates. "And why am I hearing of this for the first time?"

Peter smiled, sad. "I don't think any of us saw it fit to rub it in your face."

"Seriously?"

"I mean, we knew how much you wanted to meet your mate too and we didn't see it fit to rub it in your face. We felt like everything we did was a trigger, so we kept our 'mate' business under wraps," Peter explained.

Luke had to let that sink in. That's why he didn't really see Shanell with her mate that much. Shanell liked things private, but still. As for Diana and Peter, he knew they liked showing each other affection, but it's like the moment he showed up, they stopped. Not that he wanted a show or anything.

"I'm offended that you guys thought I'd be hurt seeing you with your mates," Luke replied, still baffled at what they did and thought.

"I know, but-"

"It's okay. You guys thought it was in my best interest and I appreciate that. Thank you."

Peter still smiled uneasily. Luke's eyes flitted to Young Carl. He was dozing off, his stuffed cat in his arms. Luke smiled.

"Back to the Rolus situation. Not that I'm on his side or anything, but I was thinking that maybe since he's feeling the mate bond, why don't you-"

"No."

"But you didn't even hear what I was about to say," Peter complained.

"You said you're not on his side, but you were about to advocate for him," Luke said.

"I wasn't advocating for him. It's just that I know how he's feeling right now, and it's not pretty. I just think now that he's feeling the mate bond, you should be more considerate."

Luke still felt like Peter was taking Rolus' side. "And what do you propose I do?"

"I don't know. Spend more time together. Visit him, or something. He's your mate, not mine. Think of something,"

Luke laughed, thinking Peter was joking. "Let me get this straight. You want me to make it work with Rolus?"

Peter smiled, nodding.

"And you think Rolus wants me?"

"He's your mate. He can't deny the mate bond."

"That's the problem, Peter! That's the problem!" Luke stood up. "What don't you get? The man rejected me. He doesn't want me or fucking care about me. If he starts to care now, it'll be the mate bond's influence. Heck, if it wasn't for the bond, he wouldn't even be thinking about me."

Peter glanced at his son to make sure he was still sleeping, then said, "You are destined to be together."

Luke scoffed. "It doesn't feel like that."

Peter ran a hand through his hair, his frustration visible. "But you are destined to be together!"

"Peter, what don't you get? Rolus hates me. He's hated me before he knew me. He hates what I am. He hates that I'm an Alpha. He hates that I can't feel the bond. He hates me."

Peter could see his pain because admitting that made him realise the truth. Rolus hated him and there was no mate bond going to change that. Rolus would never choose him.

"Maybe it's not like that. I don't think he hates you," Peter tried to douse the fire.

Luke sat back down, covering his face with both hands. "If rejecting me and not letting me know for seven years doesn't scream 'I hate you', then I don't know what does."

"I think you two should sit down and talk. Maybe you would get where each of you is coming from," Peter suggested.

Luke didn't see that happening without one of them causing a scene.

Peter left with his son, talking about putting him to bed. Luke looked over some paperwork to pass the time.

When Tamera came to Luke's office like her life was sucked out of her, Luke was just wrapping things up and heading to his room.

"Your lover boy is here to see you," she groaned out.

For a moment, Luke was terrified. Terrified that it was Perez. "Who?"

Tamera gave him a weird look. "Alpha Rolus?"

"Yeah, him. Of course it's him," he mumbled. He was relieved.

He followed Tamera out of his office.

"What's he doing here?" Tamera asked, the aggression exuded surpassing that of Luke.

"He didn't really let me know ahead of time," Luke said.

When they got outside, he found Rolus leaning against his car, some teens surrounding him. Luke counted about five.

"I bet Liliana called her friends," Tamera said, a glint in her eyes.

"Just get them away before I get to Rolus," Luke didn't have the time to entertain Rolus and at the same time Liliana and her crew. The girl was a menace and it wouldn't even surprise him if she offered something ridiculous to Rolus.

"Hey!" Tamera yelled to get their attention. The group turned to her. "Liliana! Remember what you did yesterday?"

Luke turned to Tamera for an explanation of what happened. "Later," she said, before she took off. The group dispersed, with Liliana screaming while running because Tamera went after her.

Luke laughed, knowing that Tamera was only scaring them. Luke still had a smile when he got to Rolus, who looked nervous.

Before he could say anything, Luke heard a whistle. He turned around, his eyes landing on the second floor balcony. Peter was there, waving at him. He did a thumbs up. Luke narrowed his eyes when he realised what Peter thought. The conversation between them was floating in his head. Luke hoped that Peter didn't think he was the one who invited Rolus.

"What are you doing here?" he turned to Rolus, ignoring the sound of Liliana still screaming, and the thought of Peter thinking he won.

"Since you told your Pack, thought might as well keep up appearances."

"And you thought coming to my Pack would help you keep appearances?"

"No. Taking you out to dinner would. Don't you think?"

Luke's eyes widened. He realised that Rolus was finely dressed. Luke was no where near ready to go out. "It's too early for dinner. Am I'm far from ready to go out." Luke gestured to his attire.

"You look fine," Rolus reassured.

"Speak for yourself. I look ridiculous."

Rolus smiled softly. "You don't look ridiculous. You look handsome, and I think everyone would agree with me."

For a moment, Luke was flattered. He even cracked a smile, but then remembered who he was talking to. He had to ask Peter if the mate bond was a drug or something because Rolus looked like he was high, and he was talking nonsense.

"Let's get out of here," Luke said, reminding himself that this was Rolus, and he was under a spell. This was Rolus, who prioritised his Pack more than his mate. This was Rolus, who rejected him. This was Rolus, who still wouldn't accept him. Not that he wanted to be accepted or anything of the sort. Well, Luke wouldn't mind if his mate accepted him. But his mate was Rolus, and Rolus was the enemy. Rolus rejected him.

They both got into the car and they drove away.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

79.2K 2.8K 28
Branson Williams, it's his last year in school, and he finds out who his mate is this year. He is openly gay, so he's not surprised when his mate tur...
1.4M 81.1K 46
An Alpha who can't shift. A human with a special gift. -- Alpha Erik is always angry. An Alpha who can't shift was regarded as the lowest of the low...
135K 6K 21
Life as an Alpha has always been viewed as the easier path; Alphas are the top of the food chain, lead the packs, and are the deciding force in the w...
569K 26.9K 78
The characters in this story aren't your typical Lycan/Werewolf characters. The storyline also takes a few unexpected twists and turns. Virgil is no...