Into You

By NyxSmols

It's the last weekend before they have to return to Nevermore. Yoko invites Enid, Bianca, Divina, and Wednesd... More

Chapter 1: It's only a text away
Chapter 2: Nero's Legacy
Chapter 3: Flight, feels, and Torture
Chapter 4: The Vampier's Lair
Chapter 6: Realizations Pt. 1
Chapter 7: Realizations Pt. 2
Chapter 8: Pancakes and something new...
Chapter 9: The Panic in your eyes
Chapter 10: The Power of Music
Chapter 11: Confessions
Chapter 12: The Shovel Talk
Chapter 13: Movies, Cuddles, and The Start of Something New

Chapter 5: Choking

578 10 2
By NyxSmols

Enid was making herself at home, so she unpacked some of her clothes and placed them in the wardrobe, she had also brought her favorite stuffed plushies and set them on her bed, overall her room felt more like her even if it was just for a weekend. Enid felt welcomed and safe, she knew Yoko and...Wednesday wouldn't let anything bad happen to her, besides she was also one badass werewolf who took down her Alpha brother. Enid chuckled as she remembered. Her mother must still be freaking out, hopefully, they won't come looking for her...she sure hopes...

Wednesday didn't have much to do in her new borrowed room so she decided to roam around the house taking in every detail of it as she could. She wasn't about to pry into someone else's home that much though, so she stuck to exploring places that were out in the open, instead of sneaking around into rooms or locked doors, as much as she wanted to. She was curious, but not disrespectful.

She focused her attention on the Tanaka Family portrait. The painting looked old, maybe from the 1800s, she made a mental note to ask Enid how old Yoko was. It had a captivating blend of elegance, cultural richness, and mystic charm. The background was a traditional tatami room adorned with delicate shoji screens, the composition exuded an air of tranquility amidst certain darkness that came from the occupants of the painting.

At the center of the portrait stood Yoko's father, he was a refined and enigmatic figure dressed in an intricately embroidered kimono, adorned with designs representing traditional Japanese mythology and folklore. His pale complexion reflected his immortal nature, while his eyes held a mixture of wisdom and hunger. With a graceful yet commanding posture, he emanated a sense of power and control over his vampire lineage.

Beside him was who Wednesday assumed was Yoko's mother, since she had never met her,  her beauty was ethereal, she was draped in a flowing, silken kimono adorned with cherry blossom patterns. Her porcelain-like skin was accentuated by a gentle smile, masking both her allure and the dangerous nature that lies beneath. A traditional obi cinched her kimono, embellished with motifs symbolizing longevity and protection against evil spirits.

As she was moving on to look at Yoko and who she thought was her older sister. Something caught her attention at the corner of her eye. She quickly turned her head to see Enid heading back to her room with a piece of pizza in her mouth, 2 boxes in her hands, and some chocolate bars on top. There's a fleeting moment where their eyes met and lingered for a brief moment...Enid flashed the best smile she could while having a slice of pizza stuffed in her mouth.

"She looks so much like a human puppy..." thought Wednesday to herself. "Evening Sinclair, I see you have already found and ransacked the kitchen..." She said while looking Enid up and down.

"I'm...fungwry..." Enid tried to say and failed miserably. "Ifs ben a wong day..." she shrugged. A whiff of ink hitting her nose.

Wednesday was so close to laughing at this human puppy but kept deadpanning. "You should not talk with your mouth full, it is disrespectful and gross...although it could induce choking and that would be amusing to watch..."

"You're sho mean..." and with that, Enid started choking...

"See..." Wednesday sighed...she stood completely still as she watched Enid drop her pizza boxes and hit her chest with her fist..."When will I ever be done saving you Sinclair?" With her signature calm yet macabre demeanor, she steps forward to assist Enid. She stood behind her and started to try to give her the Heimlich Maneuver but Enid was moving around too much... "Will...you...stay...still...? Wednesday had to step on her tiptoes in order to get a good hold on Enid since she was taller than her. As she did so, Enid's flight or fight response kicked in and she fully elbowed Wednesday in the eye. "Seriously Enid?! Wednesday yelled at her, fully pissed at this point, however, she didn't stop trying to help her roommate out.

The piece of pizza finally came flying out of Enid's mouth and onto the floor, as Wednesday slid off her back, standing completely still once on the floor...

"...Fuck...I was almost killed by pizza!" Enid exclaimed. "Thank you Wends, you saved my life..." As she looked up she saw a faint bruise starting to form around Wednesday's eye... "Shit! I...I'm so sorry! She panicked. "Let's go get some ice for your eye, please!"

Wednesday unconsciously lifted her hand to her eye and palped around it. It hurt and was hot to touch. "This would definitely leave a bruise..." She said calmly.

"Wends, please seriously, let me take care of that, it's the least I could do after you saved my life again..." Begged Enid.

Wednesday froze and looked at Enid, it was the second time she addressed her like that and she wasn't sure if she was liking it or not..." Please refrain from calling me that...ever..." glaring.

"Please, please let me ice your eye...it's getting darker by the minute! " Whined Enid.

"Fine! But only because I do not wish for Tanaka or the Sirens to think I was defeated by...you..." Snapped Wednesday.

Enid flinched at this but took her win and led Wednesday to the kitchen. "This way, come on..."

Wednesday followed her to the first floor, where the kitchen was. At their arrival, she sat down on a nearby chair and waited while Enid fetched the ice. Enid was frantically gathering ice in a cloth she found and made a makeshift ice bag. She approached Wednesday quickly, tilted her head back, and placed the ice over her eye delicately holding it in place, while doing so, she hadn't noticed the closeness in which she was standing next to Wednesday. She could count the freckles peppered on her face and...there it was...that faint scent of jasmines and dark chocolate she has become to crave...A LOT...lately...Enid blushed lightly...

Wednesday was taken aback by the cold, soothing sensation, as well as the gentleness Enid was treating her with. She felt the warmth emanating from how close Enid was standing. Her stomach tightening...She still hadn't had time to dissect what THIS was so, she lifted her hand to grab the ice out of Enid's. "I am not incapacitated, Sinclair!" She snapped. "I can do this myself..." snatching the ice from Enid's grip.

"Do you always have to be this stubborn?! Let me help you just this once!" Enid snapped back, taking the ice back from Wednesday, tilting her head back with a little more force than she intended, and placed the ice back softly on her eye.

Before Wednesday could refute, Yoko, Bianca, and Divina walked into the kitchen chatting and laughing...Everything froze...

"Shit! My bad! Are we interrupting something here?" Yoko said, holding back a laugh.

"Hey, Addams...Enid..." Bianca greeted teasingly.

Divina was full-on smiling, looking between both Wednesday and Enid. "Hi. guys..."

"I don't know what the heck is going on here so...we'll be heading out...catch y'all...later...if... you're...up to meeting us in the living room that is..." Yoko said amongst laughs.

And with that, they were alone in the kitchen again...a heavy vibe in the air...

Enid let go of a breath she didn't know she was holding... "I...I didn't know they were here already...they... must've gotten here while we were upstairs..." She was nervous for some reason, her hands shaking a bit.

Wednesday noticed, yet If she was surprised at the abrupt intrusion they had just witnessed, it would never show, as her face remained stoic. "They...must have, yes...I wonder why Lurch has not arrived yet as well..." She deviated from the topic and stood up holding the ice against her eye. "I'll take this to my room if that is alright." She informed.

"Right, yeah. That's ok...I'll go join the girls. Will you be coming down later?" Enid asked quizically.

"Not tonight...I have...I will wait for Lurch and focus on my writing for the rest of the evening." Wednesday informed.

Enid was visibly affected by this but didn't pressure. "That novel isn't going to write itself, am I right?" She grinned and tried to lighten the mood.

"Correct." she turned towards the door to leave but turned back around to face Enid again. "I would have thanked you for the ice but then again you are the cause of the need for it...yet I am grateful for it...good night Enid, may you have a... pleasant night..." and with that, she was off towards her room, taking the scent of jasmines and dark chocolate with her.

"You're welcome Wends..." She was blushing and had no idea why...She took a deep breath and walked out of the kitchen towards the living room where she heard her friends laughing. It was the start of a fun weekend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 69 30
(FINISHED AND ON THE PROCESS OF EDITING.) β˜…π˜‹π˜Œπ˜šπ˜Šπ˜™π˜π˜—π˜›π˜π˜–π˜• β˜… Crackheads and a goth get added into a group chat. Chaos ensues. (Time skip to...
142K 3.7K 23
"you don't understand Wednesday!" "i think i understand well enough, Enid." a new semester has dawned at Nevermore. the aftermath of the last semes...
17.5K 505 33
Wednesday, even though she refused to, comes back into Nevermore, finding one last secret that stayed in the walls. But before that she needs to figu...
15.2K 491 18
A WEDNESDAY STORY enid sinclair x mina sanchez "Then she fell in love with a pill That could take away all her pain, yeah Then she fell in love wi...