Preg-Not

By Ancientt

She must hide her pregnancy at all costs. After Raelynn finds out she's pregnant by her ex, she stacks on clo... More

Prologue
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39

17

8.8K 485 31
By Ancientt

Raelynn returned to her floor. She sat on her desk and replied to two emails. The team was busy since they were working on an overhaul. Raelynn wasn't needed for much. All she did was answer emails, organize files, edit, facilitate conversation between a few contractors, and attend meetings. As repetitive as her job was, she was getting dangerously attached to it.

This is temporary. Don't forget it.

With a duller mood, she finished her work for the day and went home. While on the train, she kept thinking about her stressing conversation with Viktor. The many layers of clothing she wore suddenly felt suffocating. She shrugged off her cardigan and two scarves, revealing her belly without thinking much of it.

Eyes moved to her midsection, and two people stood up to offer their seat. She was startled. Since she hid her pregnancy everywhere but at home or the doctor's office, she was always invisible.

The pregnancy got her plenty of morning sickness and aches, but she skipped out on the special treatment.

"Thank you," she smiled at the young man that gave her his seat. She clutched her purse and scarves tightly against her body, feeling like the whole world was watching her.

The second she got off the train, she pulled her clothes back on. Something hard bumped into her shoulder.

"Excuse me."

She turned to face the man behind her. "It's okay."

His eyes fell to her belly. "No, it's not. You're pregnant. I should've been more careful."

She squirmed, hating the attention. "Don't worry about it."

Her fingers itched to pull her clothes back on, but she was transfixed by this man. She had seen him somewhere, but couldn't pin-point where. This city was full of so many faces that it was remarkable to remember one.

"Therapy, right?" he said.

She blinked. "Oh, right, I saw you at the office."

He smiled and ran a hand through his already messy hair. "Well, feel free to knock me over at the office to get even."

"Are you calling me fat?" she asked with a poker-face.

He panicked. "No!"

"Just kidding," she chuckled. "I will see you around. Take care." She pulled her clothes on and left. Oddly enough, her back ached, although she had been sitting through the train ride.

Going up the building steps was hell since the apartment was on the fourth floor. They were a constant reminder that pregnancy would be easier if she had a male in her life. Someone to massage her evil feet, hold back her hair when she puked her soul into the toilet, and stand behind her to make sure she didn't roll down the steps.

Tiffany was nice, but she wasn't around all the time.

"Enough sad thoughts," she exhaled and cupped the underside of her belly. "I'm serious this time, guys. No more ice cream, or I'm going to end up bringing the building down."

It was one of those days where she was so tired she barely managed to shower and shove some food down her throat. When she woke up in the morning, she still had a chocolate bar hanging out her mouth.

While ice-cream was now off the table, nobody said anything about chocolate.

She dressed into her regular attire, panicking when she realized she had no more waterfall cardigans. She picked out a dirty one and drown it in so much perfume that the fetuses could probably smell it.

She needed to do laundry and some shopping, but her energy had been tanking lately. She wasn't sure how she would make it to the ninth month of pregnancy.

The train was delayed as usual, but she made it to work on time. The marketing team was having breakfast in the cafe to celebrate the half-way milestone of their latest project.

Raelynn headed downstairs and b-lined for Shonna, who was by the snack table.

"Hey girl," Raelynn greeted.

"Hey yourself."

Raelynn eyed the display of donuts and cookies. She hadn't really contributed much to deserve one, but hell, she was eating for three.

She picked out a jelly donut. When she looked up, she found Amoura staring.

"Leave some for the rest of us," she smirked. "You two should be running a treadmill, not your mouths."

Raelynn was getting tired of the bitch. She already had a criminal record. Would it really mattered if she added assault and battery to the list?

Shonna lowered her cookie, as if feeling guilty.

Raelynn raised her donut. "Cheers to body positivity, karma, and donuts."

Shonna tapped her cookie against her donut. "Cheers."

They proceeded to eat three cookies, not caring about what the stares of judgmental assholes.

The breakfast ended quickly after that. Raelynn was typing notes when the rapid clicking of heels became louder than her typing.

She turned and found an infuriated Amoura seething. She stood up and asked, "can I help you?"

"You... you... you..." Amoura seemed incapable of saying anything else.

Raelynn tipped her head. "You should really be running a dictionary, not your mouth."

"Amoura," someone from human resources interjected. "Please pack your things, and I will escort you out."

Escorted? Did Amoura get fired?

Amoura was so red in the face that she put the 'fire' in 'fired.'

Raelynn was surprised, but she still reached for a cookie she saved for lunch and took a bite while staring at Amoura.

The woman reached for her, and Raelynn raised her hands to shove her back.

"Enough."

A chest pressed behind Raelynn's back, and two hands circled her. One blocked her belly protectively without touching it, and the other protected her face. She knew it was Viktor without even turning.

Amoura's hand landed on Viktor's forearm. Before she had any time to react, security showed up and led her away.

"God," Raelynn exhaled, reaching for Viktor's arm. "Did she scratch you? What a crazy..." she gasped when her own forearm was taken by a tattooed hand and ripped her away from Viktor.

Instinctively, she raised a hand to press against Maksim's chest before her belly could connect with his.

What was he doing? The eyes of his employees were on them. Someone was probably already typing up rumors of a love affair, or sexual harassment.

"Maksim," she whispered, trying to tug herself free. "Let go."

His eyes contained the blood-thirst of a thousand battles. She recognized the look. It came out when he was fucking her, unknowingly planting babies in her, or when he was stomping on a man's head until it cracked on the concrete.

"Why do you look at me like that?" he demanded, leaning closer. "You can stand his touch, but not mine?"

It was then that she learned that Maksim showed this expression when he was jealous, too.

"Everyone out," Viktor boomed. "Get the fuck out!"

Chairs clattered as people escaped the room. She was sure she saw someone hop out a window.

She pushed at Maksim's chest, nervous about his proximity. "Let's talk calmly."

"Bro..." Viktor only got one word in before he got a fist to the face.

"Don't call me that," Maksim snarled. "I'm not your fucking brother. будь ты проклят." (Damn you.)

Raelynn didn't bother to check on Viktor, because she knew it would only infuriate Maksim more.

"And you," the raging bull turned to her. "Pawing at this bastard but acting disgusted by me." He scanned her from top to bottom, glowering at his sons without even knowing it.

"Oh, I'm sorry, am I supposed to consider you a saint after you humiliated me by having your assistant go down on you with me as an audience?"

His laugh was bitter. "You want to talk about humiliation? Do you really want to go there? Because I can–"

"Shut up. Shut up!" she pushed at his chest, but he went nowhere. "Stop assuming and stop making this all about you. I suffered too, but you won't let me explain!"

"Are you fucking–"

"Stop cursing. I don't like it when you curse around th–" she cut herself short.

-Them.

She couldn't say that word. Maksim was right there, with his heart and his hatred on his sleeve, but she couldn't say it because things were too heated.

Groaning, she spun her heel and got the hell out of there. Thundering footsteps followed her. She stopped, thinking it was Maksim, but found Viktor instead.

"Yes, yes, I know, I'm running out of time," she hissed. "I got it. And for the love of god, Viktor. Please stop firing people to protect me. I appreciate it, but I can handle it."

He laughed, his split lip dripping more blood.

"And just seconds ago you were accusing Maksim of assuming. I have fired nobody in your name. I already told you I'm not your guardian angel, and that I don't like you."

Realization dawned.

"Then that means..."

"Yes. It took you long enough."

He wiped his hand across his lip and left her standing there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 728 30
BOOK 1: Pregnancy Ender Long lived by the saying Denial is not just a river in Egypt. When something happens that he does not want to acknowledge, En...
200K 4.3K 38
Really juicy so read πŸ’—πŸ€ͺ!
84.4K 3.3K 26
this story is about MALE PREGNANCY THIS is my very first story on M-Preg on my Very favorite BL couple KRISTSONGTO i just hope you guys will like m...
43.4K 2.5K 63
Chanyeol just wanted his parents attention and Baekhyun needed a roof to raise his kid. Or The story where Chanyeol married a homeless pregnant man...