𝖎𝖒𝖕𝖚𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖊𝖘 ● 𝗟𝘂𝗶...

bowuigiiscannon द्वारा

"It's just hard not to feel like a monster when that's all your viewed as." "I hope you know I don't see you... अधिक

| 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 |
| 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 |
| 𝐌𝐲 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 |
| 𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 |
| 𝐀 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥 |
| 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 |
| 𝐀𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 |
| 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 |
| 𝐀 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 |
| 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐨𝐰𝐬𝐞𝐫 |
| 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬 |
| 𝐀 𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 |
| 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬 |
| 𝐀𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 |
| 𝐀𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 |
| 𝐃𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 |
| 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 |
| 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞 |
| 𝐀 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧 |
| 𝐀 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 |

| 𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭 |

1.7K 60 111
bowuigiiscannon द्वारा

Luigi's POV

Ever since Mario and the Princess headed back, me and Bowser had been hard at work with the airship adjustments for the past two weeks. The interior below the deck was changed to have a much more spacious feel with multiple bunk beds. This way, as long as the ship had somewhere to land, the troops could rest on the ship and work on helping build peach's kingdom in the morning, while not having to interfere with the toads.

The two past weeks have been great. I know Junior is probably looking forward to this more than anyone. He hadn't gotten the chance to visit other kingdoms such as this. He was in for a real treat, as he was most certainly used to this place's volcanic nature. It'd be like stepping into the real world to an extent.

As for me, I was excited to go back. Considering it's been so long since I've seen the Mushroom Kingdom, it would be a great experience to step back to those familiar grounds. It's been something I've been looking forward to. Everything seemed perfect. Everything except.... Bowser.

I couldn't quite place my finger on it, but he seems.... different. He's been sweet. That's not to say that he normally isn't, cause he is but....One could say he was being excessively sweet these past two weeks.

For starters, he's been doing tasks for me that I'd normally ask any other Hammer Bro or koopa troop to do. For the past two weeks, he insisted on giving me breakfast in bed and insisted on mopping my room floor himself. At first, I thought it was just one sweet gesture. A one time thing... But it wasn't. He did so, over and over.

Then, over the span of two weeks, the amount of clothes in my closet had doubled. Which was REALLY saying something considering it was pretty packed before. While I'm not one to turn down a gift, it struck me as odd. Sure, Bowser seemed to normally like surprising me with gifts and making sure I was enjoying my stay here as his adviser.

If the extra gifts, and affection weren't speaking volumes, I noticed I had less work. Usually whenever me and Bowser worked on the troops schedules, we'd split it 50/50. Then whoever finishes first would pitch in and help the other organize the rest, and we'd leave it at that.

However, this week, Bowser just simply insisted on doing so all on his own. Even after I stated I didn't mind taking up my half of the work multiple times, he just insisted on doing so anyway.

He seemed to be going out of his way to prove his affection for me, which was sweet, but it struck me as odd a little. Every time I got the chance to confront Bowser directly about his odd behavior, something would always get in the way of it. Whether it was the troops wanting my opinion on something, or Junior needing my help.

Maybe this was just his way of dealing with the threat of Mario taking me from him. I couldn't be too sure.

Today was going to be the day we were finally headed to the Mushroom Kingdom. After multiple inspections, and a test flight on the airship, everything seemed to check out. I was currently in Bowser's room, who had just finished dressing himself in a dark green button up shirt with a black waistcoat, trousers and tie.

"Well, how do I look?"

"You look great. Besides, you're wearing green. It makes you look ten times better." I grin before taking it upon myself to adjust his tie for him.

"You really like green, huh Greenie?" He teased.

"Yeah. If I could marry the color, I would."

"Hm... Maybe I should wear green more often then. Maybe one of these days it'll get you to marry me." He chuckled.

"Haha, it just might." I smile, letting go of his tie.

Our playful teasing was interrupted by Junior barging into the room, who was dressed in a white t-shirt and jeans, and a backpack. He had one of the biggest smiles plastered over his face. Honestly the only time I've seen him smile harder is when I came back almost after leaving, and when me and Bowser told him about us dating.

"Papa Weegee!" He jumped onto my leg.

"Hey, Junior. Looks like someone's all ready to go." I smile, kneeling down beside him, ruffling his hair.

"Mhm! I've been looking forward to this for the past two weeks! I got my bag for uh... What are those things called when you get something from some place else to remember it by?" He questioned.

"A souvenir." I answered simply.

"Yes, that! Finally I'll get a chance to see some place new! I'm just so excited, y'know!?"

"I know. Your dad will be a bit more busy than I am during our stay. Perhaps I could take the time to show you around the place while we're there?"

"Yeah! That sounds awesome!"

"That's good. You cleaned your room before getting ready, right?"

"Uh...." He stammered, averting his gaze."Maybe? It's not that junked up."

"Junior. What are you gonna do when you get back? You won't have any room for the stuff you bring back."

"I know." He grumbled.

"Go ask a few of the troops to help you straighten up, alright? We'll probably be taking off in a bit and I'd like that room to be spotless."

"Gotcha! Don't take off without me!"

"We won't, I promise."

He leaped towards me, enveloping me in a tight, affectionate embrace once more. He then hugged Bowser briefly.

"Bye dads! I'll have my room spotless!"

The two of us waved, watching him rush out the room. Bowser helped me to my feet, keeping a gentle hold on my hand.

"Uh, Luigi?"

"Hm? What is it Bowser?"

"I'd, uh... I'd like to show you something." He smiled."It's something I've been working on for the past two weeks."

"Well, alright. What is it?"

"Pfft, I'm not going to tell you here. It'll ruin the surprise." He chuckled, now taking hold of my other hand.

The two of us proceeded to leave out Bowser's room, a strong smile adorning his face as we walked down the large halls of the castle. He took me to the throne room, his tail wagging in excitement throughout the entirety of the walk. We then entered the room. As always, my eyes first landed on the large throne with ascending stairs.

My eyes then traced over the many statues of Bowser that occupied the room. Yet amidst this imposing assembly, one statue caught my eye. Instead of portraying Bowser, it had a more human shape, and was wearing a cap with a pair of overalls. It didn't take me long to realize the distinct human features were all strikingly similar to mine.

"Is that.... Me?" I said.

"Yes, it is!"

My fascination led me to look over it further, taking in the details of the statue

"The right eye looks a little lopsided." I teased, observing it close, still very much appreciative of the gesture.

"The troops helped me out a lot with it. They took care of the bottom half. I sculpted the head and face personally. I know it's a tad awkward and I'll admit, my troops certainly would've done better than me with it but, I really wanted to do it myself. It felt more... Organic you could say. Or more from the heart. I sculpted this in your honor."

"You really made this for me?" I spoke in amazement.

"Yes, do you..... Do you like it?" He asked.

"It's.... It's amazing." I smiled, eyeing it."It even has my mustache."

"Well of course it does. Aside from the color green, it's probably your most signature trait."

"It's so large.... You really put this much time and effort into this?"

"Well, yeah. You deserved to be honored just as much as I do. You're just as important to this place as me, Luigi." He smiled, taking my hands.

"You didn't have to do this. This is so sweet."

"I wanted to. You are my boyfriend after all, not to mention my advisor. Me and my troops were more than happy to put this together. I know it's just a statue, but-"

"What do you mean "just a statue?". This is amazing! It looks like something like that would take a while."

"Well, whenever I wasn't helping with the airship, I was working on this." He admitted with a smile.

"This is wonderful, Bowser! I know it must've been difficult to balance both making this and overseeing the progress on the ship."

"Well, it was worth it. I'd do anything for you Greenie."

I gave his hands a gentle squeeze.

"This is very much appreciated."

His smile widened, seeming both relieved and happy by my response. I stood on the tip of my toes, planting a kiss on his cheek. His face reddened as his smile widened. I eyed the statue once more before locking arms with Bowser.

"Well, I suppose we should get ready to go soon."

"Yeah. I guess we should." He nodded.

Me and Bowser joined everyone else outside. Junior was standing by the airship, practically jumping with excitement. Me and Bowser were greeted with a bow by a trio of hammer bros, who insisted on taking care of all the flying. With how fast the airship could fly, we'd be arriving in Peach's Kingdom in about a day.

It almost seemed unreal that I'd be headed back to the Mushroom Kingdom, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't excited to go back. Part of me was looking forward to seeing my brother again. However, as much as I hate to admit it, we haven't been the same since all this started. Sure he gave me a goodbye hug, and he's always been a good brother. Great even. But this situation has definitely been putting our brotherly bond through some tough water.

I observed the ship before stepping on board, following behind Junior. After getting everyone settled, the ship took off into the sky and began heading forward.

"Ah, I almost forgot how much I hated heights." I grumbled.

"Here, Greenie." Bowser spoke, offering me a parachute."Just to make you feel at ease. Even though we checked the ship over and over, I know you can be a little paranoid about air travel."

I gave a smile, putting it on.

"Thanks. That's very thoughtful of you."

"Well, y'know. Just, wanna make sure my boyfriend is comfortable." He beamed."Is there.... Anything else I could get for you?"

"Oh, no. I'm all good."

"Alrighty, if you need anything. Just asked." He gave two finger guns with a wink.

He then gave a thumbs up, before going over the map with the trio of hammer bros navigating the ship. My attention was drawn to Junior, who was standing by the edge, observing the ground below.

"Junior, not too close to the edge." I said rushing over to him, grabbing his hand.

"Right. Sorry Papa Weegee. I just really wanted to get a good look at everything."

"I understand, but I want to make sure that you're careful. Keep your hands on the rail, got it?

"Got it." He smiled, doing as I suggested."I guess this is all so exciting to me. I've never traveled outside of my kingdom before."

"Yeah, you told me a while back. I'm really excited for you. I think you'll really like the Mushroom Kingdom."

"What's it like there?"

"It's very colorful. Tons of grass, toads, and .... Well, Mushrooms." I laughed.

"Wow. You must have some great experiences there. "

"Yeah. There was this one time, me, my brother and Peach were heading back to her castle. There's a small bridge that leads to her castle and under that bridge is a river. One time, a cheep cheep jumped out of the water, and got stuck to my brother's face."

"A cheep cheep?" Junior tilted his head.

"It's a type of fish. Me and Peach had to pull so hard just to get it off him. He gets embarrassed whenever we bring it up, but it was the funniest thing ever." I chuckled.

"You're gonna have to show me one of those fish."

"Well as long as you keep a safe distance, I suppose I could."

I spent the rest of the afternoon going over potential activity ideas with Junior for when we landed in the Mushroom Kingdom. As we flew, the sun slowly began to set. Junior got progressively more and more tired. I didn't want him to fall asleep while being this close to the edge of the ship, so I ordered one of the troops to take him from the deck and to a lower level of the ship with bedrooms.

My eyes observed the ground below, my paranoia of heights instinctively having me to clasp the rails. It was crazy to think how long it would take for me and my brother to travel through this place on foot. Now, here I was, flying over places that would take me and my brother days to get through in a matter of hours.

"Are you enjoying the flight Greenie?" Bowser asked as he walked over to me.

"Yeah, I'm still adjusting to air travel but, it's great up here."

"That's good. You deserve to enjoy yourself." He grinned.

"How about you?"

"Hm?"

"Are you having a good time?"

"Me? Y-yeah, I'm doing great, Greenie." He smiled.

I eyed the upward direction his lips had gone. This smile on its own would convince anyone that Bowser was alright. However, I knew better than most.

"You're.... You're upset about something."

"Huh?"

"You're smiling, but your tail is drooping. Somethings bothering you, Bowser."

His attention was drawn to his tail, wagging it for a moment before letting out a sigh.

"Nothing gets past you, huh Green Stache?"

"Bowser, you've been... Different these past two weeks. I mean you've been sweet and all but, I don't know. You just seem different. I can't explain it, but I just know something is off and more often than not, my intuition tends to be right."

"It's.... It's nothing"

"Is it the same thing as the night before that's bothering you? Those feelings you said you had to "Sort out".... Is that what this is about?"

"Maybe it is." He shrugged.

"Does it have anything to do with my brother?"

"It's not him, Lou. Not entirely at least."

"Bowser, I'd like to understand, but you're being very vague. Is it about the threat he made?"

"No, I'm not thinking about that."

"Oh.... Well if it's not that, then what is it? I know it must have something to do with what happened that week 'cause you haven't been the same since."

"It's not really your brother's fault. Some of the things he said may have been sticking with me longer than they should be."

"You mean during the argument the two of you had?"

He gave a low nod in response.

"Is it about what he said about everything being your fault?"

"It's... It's not just that Luigi. It's not even Mario's fault I feel like this. He wasn't wrong about what he said. About me being your enemy a month ago."

"Wait... Is that what this is all about? You know I'm not holding anything against you, right?"

"Well of course you're not. You're Luigi. You're good, forgiving and sweet. I'm.... I've honestly just been holding this all against myself this past two weeks."

"I mean, it's not like you're holding anything against me for fighting against you with my brother in the past." I shrugged.

"That's different. You were never in the wrong to begin with. You were always this perfect force for good and you helped save the princess from me. Besides, it doesn't make Mario any less right. I was a threat to you."

"I mean, you weren't that mean...."

"Luigi, please don't try and make me sound better. I know you're trying to help but, I'd rather you not sugarcoat it."

I stared up at him before resting my arms on the rail.

"I honestly still hate associating myself with the person I used to be. I was terrible back then. I was terrible to you. I mean, you were really cooperative when you arrived."

"You call freezing 40 of your troops cooperative?" I questioned.

"Okay, well aside from that, after you got here I... I interrogated you and I burned the tip of your hat."

I took off my hat, observing it, eyeing the ever so faint burn the hat had.

"Oh.... Yeah, I almost forgot about that."

"I mean sure it was just to scare you into talking but.... It doesn't make it any less wrong. For all you could've known, you probably thought I was going to try to hurt you or something." He grumbled."Even if I didn't hit you, I... I still scared you. Not to mention that old stupid plan of trying to use you as bait for your brother. What the hell was I thinking with that?!"

He facepalmed, lowering his head, seeming genuinely frustrated by his past actions.

"It's not like it mattered. Mario probably would've found a way to stop me. He always wins and with how angry he was, he probably would've kicked my butt harder than usual just for keeping you here. But it still doesn't make up for how I treated you. And then after you rightfully ignored me, I told you to waste away. I..... I just don't feel good about any of that, y'know? Maybe part of me was bitter back then towards you and your brother for defeating me over and over. I took advantage of the fact that you were vastly outnumbered without your brother. It wasn't right. If it weren't for Junior befriending you, I would still be the same misguided monster that I was before."

"Alright.... I'll admit. Back then, you were kind of a jerk. Honestly, I didn't intend on talking to you again after what you said back then. If Junior didn't meet me that day, things probably would've been as they were before. Mario probably would've just stopped you and things would've just gone back to how they were. But.... Well, you are different now Bowser. Isn't that all that matters?"

He averted his gaze, resting his body weight on the rail along with his arms.

"I mean, you weren't downright unforgivable. Otherwise you would've done more than just keep me prisoner."

"Keeping you prisoner was bad enough as it is. I just-" He started before stopping himself.

He took a deep breath before, a huff of smoke leaving his nostrils, showcasing his frustration with himself.

"I'm just angry with myself. The night of your birthday, I should've asked if you wanted to go back home, rather than asking if you wanted to stay."

"Bowser, if I wanted to leave I would've already done so."

"I just don't want you to feel like you're trapped with me is all. I want this to be something you want as much as I do, y'know?"

"Yeah, I know."

"I just want to make sure that I make you happy and that, well.... That I'm the best boyfriend I can be to you, 'cause that's what you deserve, Luigi."

"Is that why you've been going overboard on all the gifts and the favors?"

"Pretty much, yeah. I know staying in the Lava Kingdom with me is a big decision for you and I don't want you to feel as though you're separated from your loved ones, cause I would never want to do that to you. Your comfort and happiness means everything to me."

"I guess when Mario suggested otherwise, I took it personally and I just haven't been myself. I get I wasn't the best to you when you were left here without your brother but, I deeply regret my actions and the way they must have made you feel. My actions were out of bitterness and vengeance, which doesn't excuse any of them. I just want you to know that I'm truly sorry."

"I know you are Bowser, and I appreciate you telling me this."

He stared at me before averting his gaze downward.

"I still feel kind of bad..." He admitted.

"You don't need to. I honestly would've rather us talk about this than you pretend like these feelings weren't here for the past 2 weeks."

"I didn't want to burden you with talking about it. It's probably something you don't like talking about."

"Bowser, we're in a relationship. Talking things over is like, the one thing we're supposed to do." I teased with a light laugh. "You know I'm fine with talking things over, right? Like I said before, we can talk about this kind of stuff."

"Right. I know."

I eyed his conflicted expression.

"Still bummed?"

"A bit." He admitted.

"Well, we have a lot of great things ahead of us. I mean, we're headed to help the princess with her kingdom. Who knows, this might start an alliance between the two of you guys."

"Doubtful. I kidnapped her."

"Look, things are different now. You just needed some help straightening out the issues of your kingdom."

"Yeah, and I went about it in the worst way possible."

"But you're different now. I know you feel bad, but if anything, these feelings of guilt only prove to you that you are different. You're choosing to be different. You're not some heartless monster Bowser. You remember the night we first had dinner together?"

"Yeah."

"That night, you set your pride aside for the greater good of your son and your people. I mean, you were willing to take help from me, your former enemy, to be able to do what's right for both your son and people. And after realizing your problems, you chose to change the way you went about treating those around you. You apologized and now you're working to prove that you've changed. You're going out of your way to help the princess with her own problems. It's not like her construction problems were caused by you. This was a thing before you went to take the princess."

"But I delayed the progress she could've made by an entire 12 weeks."

"Maybe, but I think that was for the best. When I was talking to her the other night, she said it was going to take a while to fix things. I'm talking months. The toads aren't exactly the best with that kind of stuff. They're better at running stores and gardening. She said your help would do wonders for the Mushroom Kingdom."

"I.... I suppose you're right."

I turned to him, taking him by his hands.

"I understand why you feel bad, but I want you to remember what I told you the night of my birthday. That what matters most-"

"Is who I am on the inside and who I'm choosing to be now." He finished.

"Exactly. I don't want you to feel like you owe me something, Bowser. You've shown me that you're sorry and that's what matters. Things between us are different. I mean, you're putting up with my brother threatening you and you're going out of your way to help the princess with her own personal problems. If that doesn't speak volumes about your change, nothing will. So chin up, alright?"

"Yeah.... Alright. Thank you, Luigi.. I really needed to hear that from you."

"Hey, anything for my boyfriend."

"How did I get so lucky to have you as a boyfriend?" Bowser smiled.

"You think you're lucky? I'm dating a king. Literally." I chuckled."A king with a heart of gold that loves his subjects and his family."

"Yeah. Thanks Greenie. For everything you just said. Again, I really needed to hear that."

"Just happy to help."

Bowser thought to himself for a moment before speaking up again.

"Hey, Greenie?"

"Yeah?"

"About your brother-"

"Hm, what about him?"

"Are you two cool? I mean, you told me how close you are with your brother. I just want to make sure things are still good between the two of you guys."

"Yeah.... At least, I hope they are. I'm not mad at him and he didn't seem mad when he left... Well, at least not at me."

"I just can't help but feel like I'm getting in the way of that, y'know? I don't want you to lose the great relationship you had with your brother for years because of me. I know how much that means to you."

"Don't worry about it. Mario will get over this.... Eventually. Once he understands that you're different, he'll let it go."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. He just needs time is all. Hopefully these past two weeks have given him a bit of time to sort out his feelings."

"Hopefully. Uh, when we get there, I'll do my best to not argue with your brother. I know how uncomfortable that made you."

"Right. Thanks, Bowser. I appreciate that a lot,"

My thumb drifted across his hand, a smile resting on his face. He leaned down, giving me a tender kiss on my cheek.

"I love you." Bowser smiled.

"I love you too."

We exchange a smile before directing our eyes to the ground below. Bowser rested an arm around my shoulder, leading us to both look at one another before looking back down, and simply enjoying the flight.

Mario's POV

I found myself spending the night on the balcony of Peach's castle. After reluctantly agreeing to let Luigi stay at Bowser's castle, we had returned home, where Peach was welcomed back in open arms. Earlier this morning Peach had informed her subjects of Bowser's upcoming visit, but reassured them that he and his troops were here to help.

While the toads seemed a bit uncomfortable with the idea at first, they couldn't help but be grateful that they were getting some sort of help. With how long I was gone, I almost forgot how many of the toads shops and buildings were shut down. Certain parts of town were in dire need of reconstruction.

Part of me was hoping that Bowser would come through, which was a weird thought I never thought I'd ever had. Still doesn't get rid of my suspicions.

"Looks like someone's up late."

I turned to see Peach, who was leaning against the doorway before joining me shortly on the balcony.

"Oh, hey princess."

"How long have you been up here?"

"Eh, half an hour, give or take." I shrugged.

"Are you still thinking about Luigi?"

"Yeah.... You think they'll be here by tomorrow?"

"They will. Luigi said they would, so they will." She answered confidently.

"I wonder how he's holding up."

"I'm sure he's fine Mario."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I trust Luigi's words."

"It's not Weegee that I don't trust. It's Bowser." I crossed my arms."I just don't get it. It's just, when we originally took off to save you, he was surrounded by troops. Now, they're all just friends?! It's just not adding up."

I rested my hands on the balcony rail.

"I just want to make sure he's safe. He probably thinks I'm being bossy or something."

She gave me a look, almost seeming amused by my statement.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You don't think you might be being a bit overprotective Mario?"

"I'm not!"

"Mario, Luigi told me about the argument the two of you had."

"I didn't.... Okay, so we argued, but I'm not mad at him. I'm just trying to make sure he's safe."

My grip on the balcony rail tightens.

"Did he even appreciate me coming back for him? It took me a while to get back here. Not to mention getting four toads to volunteer to help me. All that work, just for him to be mad that I came back for him!"

"He wasn't mad at you Mario. He told me he appreciated you coming back for him, you know? He didn't want you to think he was ungrateful."

I looked at her, letting out another sigh in defeat.

"I know... He told me too."

"Luigi is very understanding, Mario. It's probably how he's gotten Bowser to turn over a new leaf. You're letting your distrust for Bowser undermine your brother's ability to change those around him. I trust Luigi knows what he's doing."

"Right... You're probably right."

"I understand this is all weird. I mean Bowser went from being in love with me to being in love with your brother. It's quite the jump, I'll admit. But Luigi's our friend, Mario. What would he have to gain by fabricating a whole romance between him and Bowser?"

"I.... Okay, when you put it like that.... Still, it's Bowser. What if Luigi just thinks Bowser cares about him? Or what if it's just some ploy just to get closer to you?"

"I'm doubtful, Mario. I mean, has Bowser ever planned something this thought out before? At most, he usually just took me to his castle and tried to talk me into marrying him. To say he had this giant scheme to trick Luigi into falling in love with him just to get closer to me is just bizarre, Mario. Besides, he's insisting on helping us, remember?"

"I know, but that doesn't.... That doesn't get rid of my suspicions. I want to be a supportive brother, but why did he have to choose HIM? Of all the guys out there, HIM?!"

"Yes, him Mario. I get it's pretty.... Unexpected, but-"

"Ya' think?! Unexpected is an understatement! Being friends with him is one thing, but dating?! Have you seen the size of him?!"

"Mario, you haven't even given him a proper chance to prove himself."

"Fine, maybe I haven't, but why should I?! It's a fool's errand to believe Bowser's capable of changing."

"Mario, you're letting your grudge against him blind your judgment. He surrendered twice against you. And from what I could tell, Luigi was completely happy and unharmed during his stay."

I stubbornly huffed, crossing my arms as I turned away.

"I'm not saying you can't be cautious. It could be a good thing that you are. But Bowser is coming to help us. I think it's only fair that we give him a fair chance. I ask that when he does show up, that you are cooperative. If not for me, then for Luigi's sake." Peach pleaded.

"I will. For you and Luigi's sake. But.... I'll still be on guard."

"Very well. That's good enough for me. I just hope Bowser's troops are as good as they say."

"You and me both."

I uncross my arms, relaxing my posture as I look up at the princess.

"I'm not trying to be controlling or anything. It's just.... When he was gone for so long, it was just something I wasn't prepared for. We never been apart for so long."

"I know Mario. But he's okay and he's happy. If he's really changed Bowser for the better, this could be a good thing. I mean, you won't have to deal with him kidnapping me anymore."

"I suppose. But I'm gonna keep a close eye on him during his stay."

An: Y'all, I literally took a month to update. If I had a better word to express my disappointment with myself, I would use it. I literally knew what I wanted to do with this chapter, I just literally couldn't write it for some reason. Sorry again.....(Actually, the title of the chapter sums up how I feel for leaving you guys in the dark for so long)

I tried to make this lengthy so at least i can say it was worth the wait(At least i hope it was)

But there is a bright side to this.

I took a break from this book for like a month, and got to patch up a good bit of my Bowuigi oneshots so... If you like my Bowuigi book here, you'll probably like my oneshots.(Y'all, i know it looks bad, and it's giving self promo vibes✨)

But I just posted it and I'm desperate for reads on it so.... But it's the same pair, so i think it's okay. Obviously it won't have the same level of development since my oneshots are like self contained in like 1-5 chapters, but I think they're still good

Anyways, we finally got a Mario POV in the book. Someone asked for one earlier but I literally forgot, but I figured I might as well provide his perspective on the whole scenario.(Lowkey kinda sad he's getting his first pov like 20 chapters in, even though, y'know... IT'S MARIO, but I digress.)

Congrats if you're still actually reading this book(Don't know if anyone is tbh)

Anyways, have a good day, or night.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

77.8K 1.9K 23
The cover was made by myself, but I do not own the picture of Bowser Warning: Lots of grammar/spelling mistakes! I wrote all of this like 4 ish years...
23.7K 896 18
Following a defeat at the hands of Mario once again, Bowser had given up chasing Princess Peach. He had to focus on his own kingdom and his children...
18.4K 542 17
This is DEFINITELY 100% a NORMAL x reader fic. Jk you already know it's not. We got everything to satisfy you. And the writer is horrible at having a...
6.3K 309 32
bowser tries his best as a father. He may not be the "hero" in his story, but to his kids, he's the "hero," so when his kids go missing its his job t...